Page 1 of 8 1236 ... Last
  1. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Thumbs up The #1 Cortisol Blocker

AM members,

Cortisol can catabolize muscle and testicular tissue leading to smaller muscles and lower testosterone levels. That’s why it’s desirable to suppress, or at least control cortisol levels. The most important time to guard you body against the effects of cortisol is during PCT when Testosterone levels are low, and cortisol can easily dominate and wreck havoc on the body. (Testosterone is a primary antagonist of cortisol)

Many cortisol blocking supplements on the market include one of the many DHEA metabolites such as 7-keto DHEA (7-oxo DHEA), 7-beta DHEA or androstenetriol. Short term studies have shown that these pro-hormone based cortisol blockers can lower LH & FSH thus inhibiting natural testosterone production. (1,2) While these may be useful supplements during a cycle, they should be avoided for PCT.

Phosphatidylserine (PS) is a ‘non-hormonal’ cortisol blocker that can effectively lower cortisol levels. Rather than lowering testosterone production, PS can actually increase testosterone production. (3,4) PS works by reducing CRH and ACTH release from the pituitary, thus reducing cortisol release from the adrenal glands.

Unfortunately PS has been prohibitively expensive, until now. In order to bring you the most affordable PS on the net, we are offering a month’s supply of PS (800mg/day) for only 47.99 – AKA EndoAmp.

Plus…

- Take an additional 10% off with the code SPONSOR10!

And…

- Get free 2-3 day priority shipping when you spend over $100!

Thank you loyal Primordial fans!

-Pp

1. Effects of Transdermal Application of 7-oxo-DHEA on the Levels of Steroid Hormones, Gonadotropins and Lipids in Healthy Men.
    J Sulcova, et al.
    Institute of Endocrinology 50: 9-18, 2001

2. Delayed effects of short-term transdermal application of 7-oxo-dehydroepiandrosterone on its metabolites, some hormonal steroids and relevant proteohormones in healthy male volunteers
    Jarmila Sulcova, et al.
    Institute of Endoacrinology 43 (2):221-227 2005

3. HORMONAL EFFECTS OF PHOSPHATIDYLSERINE DURING 2-WKS OF INTENSE WEIGHT TRAINING [Annual Meeting Abstracts]
    Fahey, T. D.; Pearl, M.
    California State University, Chico

4. Blunting by chronic phosphatidylserine administration of the stress-induced activation of the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis in healthy men.
    Monteleone et al.
    Eur J Clin Pharmacol 1992, 42(4):385-388

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.18%

everyone says they are the best cort blocker... I will always give the benefit of the doubt and am currently looking for one to include in pct... However what makes this superior to retain 2 or x-lean when inlcuded in pct?

Convince me and I will buy buy buy
  3. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.23%

Quote Originally Posted by gibbob2 View Post
    everyone says they are the best cort blocker... I will always give the benefit of the doubt and am currently looking for one to include in pct... However what makes this superior to retain 2 or x-lean when inlcuded in pct?

Convince me and I will buy buy buy
    I dont want to bash products... Im just giving a little insight and lending some light to EndoAmp.

If your going into PCT I would stay away from anything with the above DHEA metabolites.

-Pp
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.18%

I understand, and am not looking for you to bash.. I was unaware that the other "unmentionned" products actually contained those DHEA metabolites.

at what point in the pct or end of cycle would you recomend starting with this product if used in conjunction with nolva and other test boosters.
  5. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.1%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

You need Cortisol, why block it?
  6. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.23%

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    You need Cortisol, why block it?
    As long as you don’t have cushings syndrome you could likely benefit from a lower diurnal cortisol level.

Cortisol released during the night is perfectly ok. But having a high cortisol level throughout the day is highly undesirable. High diurnal cortisol is sign of nutritional deficiency, perhaps a PS deficiency. (seriously)

-Pp
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.67%

I am looking forward to giving endoamp a try and I think a lot of others should do the same.
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.18%

so should this product be taken in the morning?
  9. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.23%

so should this product be taken in the morning?
    Yes, in the morning on non-workout days.

On workout days I think pre or post workout is best.

-Pp
  10. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.1%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Primordial Perf View Post
    As long as you don’t have cushings syndrome you could likely benefit from a lower diurnal cortisol level.

Cortisol released during the night is perfectly ok. But having a high cortisol level throughout the day is highly undesirable. High diurnal cortisol is sign of nutritional deficiency, perhaps a PS deficiency. (seriously)

-Pp
    Yes, but why completely Block it?. That is what I mis-understood in your post. The thing with cortisol lowering supplements is the bounce back in cortisol levels after dis-continuing the product...So if I you take one for a while and than stop wouldn't your body start over producing, hence you are worse off than before you started taking the supplement?.
  11. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.23%

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Yes, but why completely Block it?. That is what I mis-understood in your post. The thing with cortisol lowering supplements is the bounce back in cortisol levels after dis-continuing the product...So if I you take one for a while and than stop wouldn't your body start over producing, hence you are worse off than before you started taking the supplement?.
    PS doesn’t completely block cortisol, it just reduces its release from the adrenal gland and improves the testosterone to cortisol ratio.

There is no reason you would get a “cortisol rebound” from PS. It’s a natural phospholipid that is in every cell in the body. After discontinuing it, your levels would probably maintain for quite awhile before returning to base line.

-Pp
  12. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.49%
    Achievements Posting Pro

As a fan of PP (that sounds weird), I'm thinkin' this is some good stuff here. Would try but I already have other plans for the coming weeks (ironically Dermacrine is in there). Will definitly be keeping an eye out.
  13. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.23%

Quote Originally Posted by Highlanda01602 View Post
    As a fan of PP (that sounds weird), I'm thinkin' this is some good stuff here. Would try but I already have other plans for the coming weeks (ironically Dermacrine is in there). Will definitly be keeping an eye out.
    Doesnt sound weird at all... We love our fans ;-)

-Pp
  14. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.2%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Doesnt sound weird at all... We love our fans ;-)

-Pp
    Is there any retailer that sell your products in Europe?I ask cause nothing pass my country`s customs even protein
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.96%

I was under the assumption that 7oxo was a non-hormonal metabolite of DHEA.
  16. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.23%

Quote Originally Posted by nunes View Post
    Is there any retailer that sell your products in Europe?I ask cause nothing pass my country`s customs even protein
    No distributors in Europe... What country are you in anyway?

-Pp
  17. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.23%

Quote Originally Posted by BigNutz View Post
    I was under the assumption that 7oxo was a non-hormonal metabolite of DHEA.

7-oxo is not really considered a sex hormone because its non-androgenic and non-estrogenic. But it’s still a steroid hormone, and it negatively influences testosterone production.

-Pp
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.9%

doesn't high cortisol after a workout help the muscle building process. Why derail the signaling process for muscle growth? Or, am I way off on this?
  19. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.27%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

...In order to bring you the most affordable PS on the net, we are offering [B]a month’s supply of PS (800mg/day)...
    1) What is the concentration of PS is in the powder? 10%? 20%? More than 20%?
    2) Any reason you do not emphasize PS, or even phospholipids in general, as a potent cognitive agent? PS, as you know, is a key building block in the brain. Low PS levels can lead to cognitive decline. PS supports supports brain utilization of fuel, supports the production of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, and optimizes glucose metabolism, cumulatively leading to cognitive enhancement. This aspect may be important because high cortisol levels can also lead to cognitive decline.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  20. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.2%
    Achievements Posting Pro

No distributors in Europe... What country are you in anyway?

-Pp
    Portugal
  21. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.23%

Quote Originally Posted by Vegking View Post
    doesn't high cortisol after a workout help the muscle building process. Why derail the signaling process for muscle growth? Or, am I way off on this?

The only time you should have a spike in cortisol is your last few hours of sleep. Otherwise, elevated cortisol throughout the day is a sign of excessive stress or nutritional deficiency – ie insufficient protein, carbs, ect.

Having a high testosterone to cortisol ratio is what you want for the muscle building process.

-Pp
  22. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.18%

just based on the above quote, would a cortisol blocker only be beneficial for bodybuilders coming off a cycle? It sounds like a supplement that would reduce stress, also how does it work females? just curious,
  23. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.23%

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    1) What is the concentration of PS is in the powder? 10%? 20%? More than 20%?
    2) Any reason you do not emphasize PS, or even phospholipids in general, as a potent cognitive agent? PS, as you know, is a key building block in the brain. Low PS levels can lead to cognitive decline. PS supports supports brain utilization of fuel, supports the production of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, and optimizes glucose metabolism, cumulatively leading to cognitive enhancement. This aspect may be important because high cortisol levels can also lead to cognitive decline.
    Our PS powder is 50% PS.

You are right about all the cognitive benefits, but we wanted to market PS with a new angle – testicular protection, higher testosterone, faster recovery, ect. We are trying to present PS as a serious bodybuilding supplement, without washing it out by listing too many benefits.

-Pp
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

The only time you should have a spike in cortisol is your last few hours of sleep. Otherwise, elevated cortisol throughout the day is a sign of excessive stress or nutritional deficiency – ie insufficient protein, carbs, ect.

Having a high testosterone to cortisol ratio is what you want for the muscle building process.

-Pp
    You don't want cortisol super-high my friend
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  25. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.23%

just based on the above quote, would a cortisol blocker only be beneficial for bodybuilders coming off a cycle? It sounds like a supplement that would reduce stress, also how does it work females? just curious,
    PS is beneficial for everyone, including women.

We promote it for PCT because it so easy for cortisol to dominate during this time when testosterone levels are low.

-Pp
  26. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.23%

Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    You don't want cortisol super-high my friend
    Right, high testosterone, low cortisol.

-Pp
  27. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.27%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Our PS powder is 50% PS.
    Wow! That's quite potent. The maximum I have seen is 20%. Sounds like a good deal.

You are right about all the cognitive benefits, but we wanted to market PS with a new angle – testicular protection, higher testosterone, faster recovery, ect. We are trying to present PS as a serious bodybuilding supplement, without washing it out by listing too many benefits.

-Pp
    Got it. Thanks!
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  28. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I think I will be another PP addict soon...
  29. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.67%

Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    I think I will be another PP addict soon...
    The X-factor and Phytotest Stack, that has potential to be insanely sick. Even better yet the muscle building stack with x-factor run throughout, I can feel myself growing just thinking about it.
    Muscle Pharm Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.98%

Question...

what affects will this have on insulin levels?
  31. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.26%

Our PS powder is 50% PS.

-Pp
    I've been using Phospatidylserine to reduce cortisol levels and to reduce stress for years now and I absolutely believe it is one of the best ingredients to reduce cortisol levels.

I love how it made me feel mellow in stressful situations at work as well.

I took Leci-PS that was 90% PS and I beleive I was paying around $150 fo a 30 day, 800mg supply, so at 50% PS, your product is still a much greater value!

When I get some cash, I'll have to tae advantage of this offer.
  32. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.23%

Quote Originally Posted by Palo Alto Labs View Post
    Question...

what affects will this have on insulin levels?
    No effects on insulin as far as I know.

-Pp
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.98%

No effects on insulin as far as I know.

-Pp
    Cortisol counteracts insulin..
    which would leave my thinking that inhibiting cortisol would allow insulin levels to rise, as cortisol is released in response to insulin spike to regulate it.

No big deal if you dont know, but Im just curious. I would find it to be more effective to increase cortisol sensitivity in the body, which will reduce the need for cortisol. But I have not done enough research on cortisol elimination to make a solid argument.

Any idea how much this will affect cortisol levels...you wouldnt want to eliminate all cortisol from the body..but what impact does it have on levels?
  34. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.23%

Quote Originally Posted by Palo Alto Labs View Post
    Cortisol counteracts insulin..
    which would leave my thinking that inhibiting cortisol would allow insulin levels to rise, as cortisol is released in response to insulin spike to regulate it.

No big deal if you dont know, but Im just curious. I would find it to be more effective to increase cortisol sensitivity in the body, which will reduce the need for cortisol. But I have not done enough research on cortisol elimination to make a solid argument.

Any idea how much this will affect cortisol levels...you wouldnt want to eliminate all cortisol from the body..but what impact does it have on levels?
    Most of the research shows PS lowering cortisol 20-30% compared to placebo in exercising groups. Your certainly not going to get cortisol to sub-physiological levels though.

As far as insulin metabolism, PS may indirectly promote insulin sensitivity since high cortisol can promote insulin resistance.

-Pp

Stress-Related Cortisol Secretion in Men: Relationships with Abdominal Obesity and Endocrine, Metabolic and Hemodynamic Abnormalities
    Roland Rosmond, et al.
    J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab., Jun 1998; 83: 1853 - 1859.
  35. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.46%

I would just like you to understand that whatever you do take the guy that muched "rebound" is correct. I dont believe in PCT because 1) I have no proof they actually work, I'm relying on claims, just like I rely on claims when using any test booster. 2) If you use a pct you are just ****ing with another system in your body "supressing" or "stimulating" and then your going to need a pct for that pct so on and so on. The body workson positive and negative feedback there will always be a reaction to a reaction.
  36. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.26%

I have used 800 mg of PS 5 days/week for 3 months then 200 mg whenever I find myself in a stressful situation.

I get my blood checked during my bi-annual check-up and my blood sugar and insulin levels are always in the optimal range. PS makes up 10-20% of the phospholipids in the brain and if it wasn't so expensive, I would use it every day.

There are a hell of a lot more questionable supplements out there that I would think twice about taking, but Phophatidyl Serine and Phospatidyl Choline are products that I try to take on a regular basis along with my vitamins, minerals and Omega 3s.
  37. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.27%

Quote Originally Posted by terminator;
    I have used 800 mg of PS 5 days/week for 3 months then 200 mg whenever I find myself in a stressful situation.

I get my blood checked during my bi-annual check-up and my blood sugar and insulin levels are always in the optimal range. PS makes up 10-20% of the phospholipids in the brain and if it wasn't so expensive, I would use it every day.

There are a hell of a lot more questionable supplements out there that I would think twice about taking, but Phophatidyl Serine and Phospatidyl Choline are products that I try to take on a regular basis along with my vitamins, minerals and Omega 3s.
    You are right. Although the phospholipid, phosphatidylserine, is found in all cells, it is found in its highest concentrations in brain cellular membranes. In fact, it makes up about 70% of brain tissue mass. PS is one compound I would really like to take daily. Forever.
    PS is a truly versatile compound. Apart from its cognitive-enhancement property, PS is a potent cortisol receptor sensitizer. This means it normalizes and optimizes cortisol levels and cortisol synthesis. High cortisol levels correlate with high blood glucose and insulin levels, as well as loss in lean mass. Furthermore, by contributing to the regulation of the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis, PS acts as an effective antidepressant. Something else. PS is also a prolactin receptor sensitizer, inhibiting elevations in prolactin levels. I wish PS were cheaper!
  38. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.23%

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    You are right. Although the phospholipid, phosphatidylserine, is found in all cells, it is found in its highest concentrations in brain cellular membranes. In fact, it makes up about 70% of brain tissue mass. PS is one compound I would really like to take daily. Forever.
    PS is a truly versatile compound. Apart from its cognitive-enhancement property, PS is a potent cortisol receptor sensitizer. This means it normalizes and optimizes cortisol levels and cortisol synthesis. High cortisol levels correlate with high blood glucose and insulin levels, as well as loss in lean mass. Furthermore, by contributing to the regulation of the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis, PS acts as an effective antidepressant. Something else. PS is also a prolactin receptor sensitizer, inhibiting elevations in prolactin levels. I wish PS were cheaper!
    Hey dont forget the balls!

PS makes up 6% of the phopholipid pool in the testes...

-Pp
  39. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.27%

Quote Originally Posted by Primordial Perf;
    Hey dont forget the balls!

PS makes up 6% of the phopholipid pool in the testes...

-Pp
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I've heard good things about Ps and am willing to give it a go.
    Last edited by John Smeton; 04-13-2008 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Found the studies on 7-keto-dhea
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness

Similar Forum Threads

1. A2-Receptor Blocker or Cortisol Blocker?
    By OhHaiDare in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2011, 12:27 AM
  2. Best cortisol blocker?
    By Nate101 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 06:20 AM
  3. PCT and Cortisol Blocker
    By bmw8591 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-06-2009, 01:26 PM
  4. Cortisol Blocker