The #1 Cortisol Blocker

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
AM members,

Cortisol can catabolize muscle and testicular tissue leading to smaller muscles and lower testosterone levels. That’s why it’s desirable to suppress, or at least control cortisol levels. The most important time to guard you body against the effects of cortisol is during PCT when Testosterone levels are low, and cortisol can easily dominate and wreck havoc on the body. (Testosterone is a primary antagonist of cortisol)

Many cortisol blocking supplements on the market include one of the many DHEA metabolites such as 7-keto DHEA (7-oxo DHEA), 7-beta DHEA or androstenetriol. Short term studies have shown that these pro-hormone based cortisol blockers can lower LH & FSH thus inhibiting natural testosterone production. (1,2) While these may be useful supplements during a cycle, they should be avoided for PCT.

Phosphatidylserine (PS) is a ‘non-hormonal’ cortisol blocker that can effectively lower cortisol levels. Rather than lowering testosterone production, PS can actually increase testosterone production. (3,4) PS works by reducing CRH and ACTH release from the pituitary, thus reducing cortisol release from the adrenal glands.

Unfortunately PS has been prohibitively expensive, until now. In order to bring you the most affordable PS on the net, we are offering a month’s supply of PS (800mg/day) for only 47.99 – AKA EndoAmp.

Plus…

- Take an additional 10% off with the code SPONSOR10!

And…

- Get free 2-3 day priority shipping when you spend over $100!

Thank you loyal Primordial fans!

-Pp

1. Effects of Transdermal Application of 7-oxo-DHEA on the Levels of Steroid Hormones, Gonadotropins and Lipids in Healthy Men.
J Sulcova, et al.
Institute of Endocrinology 50: 9-18, 2001

2. Delayed effects of short-term transdermal application of 7-oxo-dehydroepiandrosterone on its metabolites, some hormonal steroids and relevant proteohormones in healthy male volunteers
Jarmila Sulcova, et al.
Institute of Endoacrinology 43 (2):221-227 2005

3. HORMONAL EFFECTS OF PHOSPHATIDYLSERINE DURING 2-WKS OF INTENSE WEIGHT TRAINING [Annual Meeting Abstracts]
Fahey, T. D.; Pearl, M.
California State University, Chico

4. Blunting by chronic phosphatidylserine administration of the stress-induced activation of the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis in healthy men.
Monteleone et al.
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 1992, 42(4):385-388

gibbob2

gibbob2

Awards
  • Established
everyone says they are the best cort blocker... I will always give the benefit of the doubt and am currently looking for one to include in pct... However what makes this superior to retain 2 or x-lean when inlcuded in pct?

Convince me and I will buy buy buy :thumbsup:

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
everyone says they are the best cort blocker... I will always give the benefit of the doubt and am currently looking for one to include in pct... However what makes this superior to retain 2 or x-lean when inlcuded in pct?

Convince me and I will buy buy buy :thumbsup:
I dont want to bash products... Im just giving a little insight and lending some light to EndoAmp.

If your going into PCT I would stay away from anything with the above DHEA metabolites.

-Pp

gibbob2

gibbob2

Awards
  • Established
I understand, and am not looking for you to bash.. I was unaware that the other "unmentionned" products actually contained those DHEA metabolites.

at what point in the pct or end of cycle would you recomend starting with this product if used in conjunction with nolva and other test boosters.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You need Cortisol, why block it?
As long as you don’t have cushings syndrome you could likely benefit from a lower diurnal cortisol level.

Cortisol released during the night is perfectly ok. But having a high cortisol level throughout the day is highly undesirable. High diurnal cortisol is sign of nutritional deficiency, perhaps a PS deficiency. (seriously)

-Pp

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I am looking forward to giving endoamp a try and I think a lot of others should do the same.

gibbob2

gibbob2

Awards
  • Established
so should this product be taken in the morning?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As long as you don’t have cushings syndrome you could likely benefit from a lower diurnal cortisol level.

Cortisol released during the night is perfectly ok. But having a high cortisol level throughout the day is highly undesirable. High diurnal cortisol is sign of nutritional deficiency, perhaps a PS deficiency. (seriously)

-Pp
Yes, but why completely Block it?. That is what I mis-understood in your post. The thing with cortisol lowering supplements is the bounce back in cortisol levels after dis-continuing the product...So if I you take one for a while and than stop wouldn't your body start over producing, hence you are worse off than before you started taking the supplement?.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yes, but why completely Block it?. That is what I mis-understood in your post. The thing with cortisol lowering supplements is the bounce back in cortisol levels after dis-continuing the product...So if I you take one for a while and than stop wouldn't your body start over producing, hence you are worse off than before you started taking the supplement?.
PS doesn’t completely block cortisol, it just reduces its release from the adrenal gland and improves the testosterone to cortisol ratio.

There is no reason you would get a “cortisol rebound” from PS. It’s a natural phospholipid that is in every cell in the body. After discontinuing it, your levels would probably maintain for quite awhile before returning to base line.

-Pp

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
As a fan of PP (that sounds weird), I'm thinkin' this is some good stuff here. Would try but I already have other plans for the coming weeks (ironically Dermacrine is in there). Will definitly be keeping an eye out.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
As a fan of PP (that sounds weird), I'm thinkin' this is some good stuff here. Would try but I already have other plans for the coming weeks (ironically Dermacrine is in there). Will definitly be keeping an eye out.
Doesnt sound weird at all... We love our fans ;-)

-Pp

BigNutz

BigNutz

Awards
  • Established
I was under the assumption that 7oxo was a non-hormonal metabolite of DHEA.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Is there any retailer that sell your products in Europe?I ask cause nothing pass my country`s customs even protein:sad:
No distributors in Europe... What country are you in anyway?

-Pp

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I was under the assumption that 7oxo was a non-hormonal metabolite of DHEA.

7-oxo is not really considered a sex hormone because its non-androgenic and non-estrogenic. But it’s still a steroid hormone, and it negatively influences testosterone production.

-Pp

Vegking

Awards
doesn't high cortisol after a workout help the muscle building process. Why derail the signaling process for muscle growth? Or, am I way off on this?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
...In order to bring you the most affordable PS on the net, we are offering a month’s supply of PS (800mg/day)...

1) What is the concentration of PS is in the powder? 10%? 20%? More than 20%?
2) Any reason you do not emphasize PS, or even phospholipids in general, as a potent cognitive agent? PS, as you know, is a key building block in the brain. Low PS levels can lead to cognitive decline. PS supports supports brain utilization of fuel, supports the production of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, and optimizes glucose metabolism, cumulatively leading to cognitive enhancement. This aspect may be important because high cortisol levels can also lead to cognitive decline.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
doesn't high cortisol after a workout help the muscle building process. Why derail the signaling process for muscle growth? Or, am I way off on this?

The only time you should have a spike in cortisol is your last few hours of sleep. Otherwise, elevated cortisol throughout the day is a sign of excessive stress or nutritional deficiency – ie insufficient protein, carbs, ect.

Having a high testosterone to cortisol ratio is what you want for the muscle building process.

-Pp

gibbob2

gibbob2

Awards
  • Established
just based on the above quote, would a cortisol blocker only be beneficial for bodybuilders coming off a cycle? It sounds like a supplement that would reduce stress, also how does it work females? just curious,

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
1) What is the concentration of PS is in the powder? 10%? 20%? More than 20%?
2) Any reason you do not emphasize PS, or even phospholipids in general, as a potent cognitive agent? PS, as you know, is a key building block in the brain. Low PS levels can lead to cognitive decline. PS supports supports brain utilization of fuel, supports the production of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, and optimizes glucose metabolism, cumulatively leading to cognitive enhancement. This aspect may be important because high cortisol levels can also lead to cognitive decline.
Our PS powder is 50% PS.

You are right about all the cognitive benefits, but we wanted to market PS with a new angle – testicular protection, higher testosterone, faster recovery, ect. We are trying to present PS as a serious bodybuilding supplement, without washing it out by listing too many benefits.

-Pp

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The only time you should have a spike in cortisol is your last few hours of sleep. Otherwise, elevated cortisol throughout the day is a sign of excessive stress or nutritional deficiency – ie insufficient protein, carbs, ect.

Having a high testosterone to cortisol ratio is what you want for the muscle building process.

-Pp
You don't want cortisol super-high my friend

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
just based on the above quote, would a cortisol blocker only be beneficial for bodybuilders coming off a cycle? It sounds like a supplement that would reduce stress, also how does it work females? just curious,
PS is beneficial for everyone, including women.

We promote it for PCT because it so easy for cortisol to dominate during this time when testosterone levels are low.

-Pp

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Our PS powder is 50% PS.
Wow! That's quite potent. The maximum I have seen is 20%. Sounds like a good deal.

You are right about all the cognitive benefits, but we wanted to market PS with a new angle – testicular protection, higher testosterone, faster recovery, ect. We are trying to present PS as a serious bodybuilding supplement, without washing it out by listing too many benefits.

-Pp
Got it. Thanks!

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I think I will be another PP addict soon...
The X-factor and Phytotest Stack, that has potential to be insanely sick. Even better yet the muscle building stack with x-factor run throughout, I can feel myself growing just thinking about it.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Question...

what affects will this have on insulin levels?

terminator

terminator

Awards
Our PS powder is 50% PS.

-Pp
I've been using Phospatidylserine to reduce cortisol levels and to reduce stress for years now and I absolutely believe it is one of the best ingredients to reduce cortisol levels.

I love how it made me feel mellow in stressful situations at work as well.

I took Leci-PS that was 90% PS and I beleive I was paying around $150 fo a 30 day, 800mg supply, so at 50% PS, your product is still a much greater value!

When I get some cash, I'll have to tae advantage of this offer.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
No effects on insulin as far as I know.

-Pp
Cortisol counteracts insulin..
which would leave my thinking that inhibiting cortisol would allow insulin levels to rise, as cortisol is released in response to insulin spike to regulate it.

No big deal if you dont know, but Im just curious. I would find it to be more effective to increase cortisol sensitivity in the body, which will reduce the need for cortisol. But I have not done enough research on cortisol elimination to make a solid argument.

Any idea how much this will affect cortisol levels...you wouldnt want to eliminate all cortisol from the body..but what impact does it have on levels?

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Cortisol counteracts insulin..
which would leave my thinking that inhibiting cortisol would allow insulin levels to rise, as cortisol is released in response to insulin spike to regulate it.

No big deal if you dont know, but Im just curious. I would find it to be more effective to increase cortisol sensitivity in the body, which will reduce the need for cortisol. But I have not done enough research on cortisol elimination to make a solid argument.

Any idea how much this will affect cortisol levels...you wouldnt want to eliminate all cortisol from the body..but what impact does it have on levels?
Most of the research shows PS lowering cortisol 20-30% compared to placebo in exercising groups. Your certainly not going to get cortisol to sub-physiological levels though.

As far as insulin metabolism, PS may indirectly promote insulin sensitivity since high cortisol can promote insulin resistance.

-Pp

Stress-Related Cortisol Secretion in Men: Relationships with Abdominal Obesity and Endocrine, Metabolic and Hemodynamic Abnormalities
Roland Rosmond, et al.
J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab., Jun 1998; 83: 1853 - 1859.

tadpolar

Awards
I would just like you to understand that whatever you do take the guy that muched "rebound" is correct. I dont believe in PCT because 1) I have no proof they actually work, I'm relying on claims, just like I rely on claims when using any test booster. 2) If you use a pct you are just ****ing with another system in your body "supressing" or "stimulating" and then your going to need a pct for that pct so on and so on. The body workson positive and negative feedback there will always be a reaction to a reaction.

terminator

terminator

Awards
I have used 800 mg of PS 5 days/week for 3 months then 200 mg whenever I find myself in a stressful situation.

I get my blood checked during my bi-annual check-up and my blood sugar and insulin levels are always in the optimal range. PS makes up 10-20% of the phospholipids in the brain and if it wasn't so expensive, I would use it every day.

There are a hell of a lot more questionable supplements out there that I would think twice about taking, but Phophatidyl Serine and Phospatidyl Choline are products that I try to take on a regular basis along with my vitamins, minerals and Omega 3s.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have used 800 mg of PS 5 days/week for 3 months then 200 mg whenever I find myself in a stressful situation.

I get my blood checked during my bi-annual check-up and my blood sugar and insulin levels are always in the optimal range. PS makes up 10-20% of the phospholipids in the brain and if it wasn't so expensive, I would use it every day.

There are a hell of a lot more questionable supplements out there that I would think twice about taking, but Phophatidyl Serine and Phospatidyl Choline are products that I try to take on a regular basis along with my vitamins, minerals and Omega 3s.
You are right. Although the phospholipid, phosphatidylserine, is found in all cells, it is found in its highest concentrations in brain cellular membranes. In fact, it makes up about 70% of brain tissue mass. PS is one compound I would really like to take daily. Forever.
PS is a truly versatile compound. Apart from its cognitive-enhancement property, PS is a potent cortisol receptor sensitizer. This means it normalizes and optimizes cortisol levels and cortisol synthesis. High cortisol levels correlate with high blood glucose and insulin levels, as well as loss in lean mass. Furthermore, by contributing to the regulation of the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis, PS acts as an effective antidepressant. Something else. PS is also a prolactin receptor sensitizer, inhibiting elevations in prolactin levels. I wish PS were cheaper! :D

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You are right. Although the phospholipid, phosphatidylserine, is found in all cells, it is found in its highest concentrations in brain cellular membranes. In fact, it makes up about 70% of brain tissue mass. PS is one compound I would really like to take daily. Forever.
PS is a truly versatile compound. Apart from its cognitive-enhancement property, PS is a potent cortisol receptor sensitizer. This means it normalizes and optimizes cortisol levels and cortisol synthesis. High cortisol levels correlate with high blood glucose and insulin levels, as well as loss in lean mass. Furthermore, by contributing to the regulation of the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis, PS acts as an effective antidepressant. Something else. PS is also a prolactin receptor sensitizer, inhibiting elevations in prolactin levels. I wish PS were cheaper! :D
Hey dont forget the balls!

PS makes up 6% of the phopholipid pool in the testes...

-Pp

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've heard good things about Ps and am willing to give it a go.

Last edited:
MaxGolf

MaxGolf

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • Established
So has anyone given endoamp a try?? Feed back??

gibbob2

gibbob2

Awards
  • Established
giving it a try for my pct in a month or so... It's being logged under "watch me grow, or die trying"

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
Cissus + high dosed Vitamin C is a great daytime cort blocker. Some cortisol is good and required for optimum health. You don't want to block all, or even too much for that matter.

StanChampion

StanChampion

Awards
  • Established
So this product is supposed to be superior to the Lean-X/Activate stack I am currently using? Replace the LX with this?

:think:

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So this product is supposed to be superior to the Lean-X/Activate stack I am currently using? Replace the LX with this?

:think:

Yes, especially for PCT when supporting natural testosterone production is most important.

-Pp

StanChampion

StanChampion

Awards
  • Established
Yes, especially for PCT when supporting natural testosterone production is most important.

-Pp
hmm I will keep my eye on this. I am not in PCT right now. I am just doing a Activate/LeanX stack to help me get back into the gym after a year layoff due to work. :sad: I am 36 and needed a little extra kick :) I work out 6 days a week.

I plan on doing another Superdrol run in a few months after my tendons and such are back up to speed. Might look into this for PCT.

wood23

wood23

Awards
i used a product with 100mg 7-keto dea, Lj100 80mg and 375mg horny goatweed and zinc and narigin. i went up to 5 capsules a day over 10 weeks. I found it great in my mood and the stress of changing jobs and study. My strengh went up by 15-20% but by the end i did have extremely achy joints especially shoulders. At the time i did not know why. But ready these post i see why. And looking back i guess i did crash/ rebound. How do you stop rebound. Would it have been better to slowly lower dosages?