The #1 Cortisol Blocker

Page 7 of 11 First ... 56789 ... Last

  1. I must say Primordial Performance is making some serious heads turn with the innovation they are bringing to the supplement world. Thumbs up guys.
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2


  2. Quote Originally Posted by steveironman View Post
    eat a lot a fatty fish (salmon) or take fish oil capsules...they contain phospholipids our body uses to produce phosphadyldserine all by itself..to the level we need..depending on the stress we apply...as it should be.....cortisol is also benficial and necessary and you dont want it lower in some ways ..while intense exercise will temporarily raise cortisol ..if the above nutrient are avail the body will have enough ps on its own and the levels will quickly return to normal. Good diet plus inexpensive (but quality) fish oil caps ..or soemthing that sabotages a beneficial hormone(see below) i know my choice. ...JMO....

    BTW - this is what cortisol does...some pretty good benefits for our purposes..the body regulates itself perfectly without screwing with its benficial hormones....

    Cortisol is very important for keeping humans alive. Cortisol is responsible for maintaining our ability to process sugars, maintain our blood pressure and react to stress and illness. Cortisol helps the body respond to stress. During times of stress, cortisol levels
    increase and accelerate the breakdown of proteins to provide the fuel to maintain body functions. It acts as a physiological antagonist to insulin by promoting breakdown of carbohydrates, lipids, and proteins and so mobilizing energy reserves. In addition, immune and inflammatory cells have their responses to stress attenuated by cortisol. Cortisol is known to stimulate gluconeogenesis (creation of glucose) to ensure an adequate fuel supply. It also makes fatty acids available for metabolic use. It increases mobilization of free fatty acids, making them a more available energy source, and decreases glucose utilization, sparing it for the brain. Cortisol also acts as an anti-inflamatory agent. It depresses immune reactions, and increases the vasoconstriction caused by epinephrine.

    BTW - if you read the above carefully most of the benfits of cortisol are essetail for our purposes...essential... the body will easily keep cortisol below catabolic levels regardless of stress applied as long as the nutrient i talked about above are present.

    This is just my opinion on this phospholipid (PS)

    why cant i edit ? i wanna add info to this does it have to be below it? like this?
    anyway i wanted to put in that fish oils also have many other benfeits that make then a great supp beside just re: cortisol.. tahts it :-)
    •   
       


  3. Bill Roberts take on cortisol :

    "Contrary to the other claims, there is no evidence, nor good reason to believe, that reducing cortisol below normal would be of benefit to the weight training athlete, and considerable evidence that it is a bad idea. "

  4. Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    I must say Primordial Performance is making some serious heads turn with the innovation they are bringing to the supplement world. Thumbs up guys.
    id have to agree 2 thumbs up

  5. could be true re the supp company ...but why on earth given the info i posted above regarding cortisol would you want to buy a supplement that claims to suppress it??? thats the on topic question/discussion/comment ..not how much you like/work for the supplement manufacturer...... thats meaningless in this specific thread.....

  6. Quote Originally Posted by steveironman View Post
    Bill Roberts take on cortisol :

    "Contrary to the other claims, there is no evidence, nor good reason to believe, that reducing cortisol below normal would be of benefit to the weight training athlete, and considerable evidence that it is a bad idea. "
    Short temporary bursts in cortisol release can be desirable, but high sustained cortisol release leads to adrenal fatigue and is not desirable for anyone… this is the response you get when you are undernourished and your body needs to break itself down to get the nutrients it needs.

    PS is one of these essential nutrients, along with protein…. and common sense tells us that consuming these things is good.

    -Eric

  7. Quote Originally Posted by steveironman View Post
    Bill Roberts take on cortisol :

    "Contrary to the other claims, there is no evidence, nor good reason to believe, that reducing cortisol below normal would be of benefit to the weight training athlete, and considerable evidence that it is a bad idea. "
    It appears you have not read the write up on this product, nor understand how what you just quoted is relavant to EndoAMP. This product is not designed to unnaturally lower cortisol below normal levels.

    Your argument is null in this case and your crass nature in this and most other posts of yours I've read comes off smoldering of close minded arrogance. You show repeatedly you have your mind already made up concerning the points of the very questions you ask. You seem to be just stiring up contention as no answer it would seem will be sufficient to sate you.

    We use this forum for learning, sharing of experiences and feedback as well as support of one another. Questions are a welcome and important part of this. I just suggest not taking such an attack like attitude towards everything and think about answers given instead of just discarding and discounting them before you can get your mind arround them next time.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by saludable24 View Post
    It appears you have not read the write up on this product, nor understand how what you just quoted is relavant to EndoAMP. This product is not designed to unnaturally lower cortisol below normal levels.

    Your argument is null in this case and your crass nature in this and most other posts of yours I've read comes off smoldering of close minded arrogance. You show repeatedly you have your mind already made up concerning the points of the very questions you ask. You seem to be just stiring up contention as no answer it would seem will be sufficient to sate you.

    We use this forum for learning, sharing of experiences and feedback as well as support of one another. Questions are a welcome and important part of this. I just suggest not taking such an attack like attitude towards everything and think about answers given instead of just discarding and discounting them before you can get your mind arround them next time.

    lets stick to the post at hand if we can. My point is illustrated below. Supplementation for cortisol control imo is not necessary ...when we ingest proper nutrients our body produces it (PS) effectively enough on its own to handle raises in cortisol which in most cases isn't all that bad anyway... Thats just my opinon and you sure got very defensive for no reason in this case. This is an unecessary supplement and i challenge anyone to say they build more muscle by taking ps for cortisol control. Hell cytadren controls cortisol and pro bodybuilder dont even bother with it anymore beacuse it didnt do a darn thing. Thats just my opinion ...sorry if you dont like it.

    eat a lot a fatty fish (salmon) or take fish oil capsules...they contain phospholipids our body uses to produce phosphadyldserine all by itself..to the level we need..depending on the stress we apply...as it should be.....cortisol is also benficial and necessary and you dont want it lower in some ways ..while intense exercise will temporarily raise cortisol ..if the above nutrient are avail the body will have enough ps on its own and the levels will quickly return to normal. Good diet plus inexpensive (but quality) fish oil caps ..or soemthing that sabotages a beneficial hormone(see below) i know my choice. ...JMO....

    BTW - this is what cortisol does...some pretty good benefits for our purposes..the body regulates itself perfectly without screwing with its benficial hormones....

    Cortisol is very important for keeping humans alive. Cortisol is responsible for maintaining our ability to process sugars, maintain our blood pressure and react to stress and illness. Cortisol helps the body respond to stress. During times of stress, cortisol levels
    increase and accelerate the breakdown of proteins to provide the fuel to maintain body functions. It acts as a physiological antagonist to insulin by promoting breakdown of carbohydrates, lipids, and proteins and so mobilizing energy reserves. In addition, immune and inflammatory cells have their responses to stress attenuated by cortisol. Cortisol is known to stimulate gluconeogenesis (creation of glucose) to ensure an adequate fuel supply. It also makes fatty acids available for metabolic use. It increases mobilization of free fatty acids, making them a more available energy source, and decreases glucose utilization, sparing it for the brain. Cortisol also acts as an anti-inflamatory agent. It depresses immune reactions, and increases the vasoconstriction caused by epinephrine.

    Oh and btw normal levels of this hormone would be the levels the body produces relative to the circumstances so i believe then this product would, if it does what claimed ,drop cortisol below normal levels. The point is really meaninless but since you brought it up. The above explains perfectly why supplementation with this supplement is unnecessary.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Primordial Perf View Post
    Short temporary bursts in cortisol release can be desirable, but high sustained cortisol release leads to adrenal fatigue and is not desirable for anyone… this is the response you get when you are undernourished and your body needs to break itself down to get the nutrients it needs.

    PS is one of these essential nutrients, along with protein…. and common sense tells us that consuming these things is good.

    -Eric

    so to control cortisol properly we need to eat correctly and to be extra careful supplement with heathy fish oil which contains precursors our body uses to produce its own PS . The fish oil will also offer added benefits and our body will control cortisol perfectly on its own. Thats my point and just my opinion.

  10. Huh thats interesting
    •   
       


  11. Quote Originally Posted by steveironman View Post
    so to control cortisol properly we need to eat correctly and to be extra careful supplement with heathy fish oil which contains precursors our body uses to produce its own PS . The fish oil will also offer added benefits and our body will control cortisol perfectly on its own. Thats my point and just my opinion.
    Some people dont have the time or means to perfectly compensate everytime. It seems that this is like saying, we dont need to supplement whey/protein because we can get all the protein we need from our diet. Or we dont need to supplement creatine because we can just get it from food! Youre just being bullheaded.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    Some people dont have the time or means to perfectly compensate everytime. It seems that this is like saying, we dont need to supplement whey/protein because we can get all the protein we need from our diet. Or we dont need to supplement creatine because we can just get it from food! Youre just being bullheaded.

    For goodness sakes guys im not trying to start a war here. Im not being bullheaded. I simply believe based on the bodies natural mechanisms with basic nutriton and a possibly even unecessary fish oil supplement (dependant on your intake of fatty fish ie salmon)your body produces enough PS on its own that no additional supplementation is needed re: cortisol ....esp given the postive influence it exerts as well. Thats all. JMO

  13. Quote Originally Posted by steveironman;
    For goodness sakes guys im not trying to start a war here. Im not being bullheaded. I simply believe based on the bodies natural mechanisms with basic nutriton and a possibly even unecessary fish oil supplement (dependant on your intake of fatty fish ie salmon)your body produces enough PS on its own that no additional supplementation is needed re: cortisol ....esp given the postive influence it exerts as well. Thats all. JMO
    I am not sure the situation is that simple. You might need to shed more light on the synthesis of phosphatidylserine (PS) from fish oil/salmon. As far as I recall, PS is mostly found in neural cell membranes (up to 10% of lipids in those membranes), with about 50% (about 30g) of total PS in the body located found in the brain (that means total PS in the body is about 60g; 30g is found in the brain alone). Now, PS can be obtained predominantly from bovine-brain or soy (lecithin/phosphatidylcholine) sources. In terms of molecular structure, PS is serine attached to fatty acids. Bovine-derived PS is predominantly serine attached to (long-chain) polyunsaturated fatty acids. Examples of these fatty acids are DHA or arachidonic acid (AA). On the other hand, soy-derived PS is serine attached to saturated or monounsaturated fatty acids. Hence, it would be great to understand from you how fish-oil consumption increases endogenous PS concentrations.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.

  14. ^^^ PS is not a nutrient only derived from external sources. PS is systhesized in the body from 2 phospolipids both of which are found in fish oil. The body does not require additional external PS supplementation . Proper nutrition is sufficient (ps incidentally is also found in egg yolks,chicken and beef liver albeit in small amounts) but the body sythesizes it all by itself. As added insurance fish oil supplements can be used and they also, in addition to this, have other benefits as well. The body will regulate itself based on it physiological needs re cortisol control . Cortisol as mentioned above also has beneficial aspects ....to artificially suppress it IMO is not prudent ...at least not for me based on benefits it also exudes and bodies own ability to regulate it properly without external supplementation. Im not quite sure why the info above as far as where external sources of PS come from or where it is stored in the body is pertinent to the fish oil question but i hope i have answered it.
    Bottom line: if it isnt broke dont fix it. The bodies own efficient mechanism will quickly suppress it to appropraite optimal levels . In addition to this many of the beneficial (and necessary) effects cortisol exhibits take place during this elevated time as well( see below again). IMO its unnecessary. I also dont believe artificially (outside bodies natural mechanism) lowering of it will have any benefit resulting in more muscle gained ...and i am not alone in this belief. Again my opinions.....

    Cortisol is very important for keeping humans alive. Cortisol is responsible for maintaining our ability to process sugars, maintain our blood pressure and react to stress and illness. Cortisol helps the body respond to stress. During times of stress, cortisol levels
    increase and accelerate the breakdown of proteins to provide the fuel to maintain body functions. It acts as a physiological antagonist to insulin by promoting breakdown of carbohydrates, lipids, and proteins and so mobilizing energy reserves. In addition, immune and inflammatory cells have their responses to stress attenuated by cortisol. Cortisol is known to stimulate gluconeogenesis (creation of glucose) to ensure an adequate fuel supply. It also makes fatty acids available for metabolic use. It increases mobilization of free fatty acids, making them a more available energy source, and decreases glucose utilization, sparing it for the brain. Cortisol also acts as an anti-inflamatory agent. It depresses immune reactions, and increases the vasoconstriction caused by epinephrine.

    I mean no disrespect this is my opinion based on some sound information. People can make up their own minds ....thats my take....

  15. Quote Originally Posted by steveironman;
    ^^^ PS is not a nutrient only derived from external sources. PS is systhesized in the body from 2 phospolipids both of which are found in fish oil. The body does not require additional external PS supplementation . Proper nutrition is sufficient (ps incidentally is also found in egg yolks,chicken and beef liver albeit in small amounts) but the body sythesizes it all by itself. As added insurance fish oil supplements can be used and they also, in addition to this, have other benefits as well. The body will regulate itself based on it physiological needs re cortisol control . Cortisol as mentioned above also has beneficial aspects ....to artificially suppress it IMO is not prudent ...at least not for me based on benefits it also exudes and bodies own ability to regulate it properly without external supplementation. Im not quite sure why the info above as far as where external sources of PS come from or where it is stored in the body is pertinent to the fish oil question but i hope i have answered it.
    Bottom line: if it isnt broke dont fix it. The bodies own efficient mechanism will quickly suppress it to appropraite optimal levels . In addition to this many of the beneficial (and necessary) effects cortisol exhibits take place during this elevated time as well( see below again). IMO its unnecessary. I also dont believe artificially (outside bodies natural mechanism) lowering of it will have any benefit resulting in more muscle gained ...and i am not alone in this belief. Again my opinions.....

    Cortisol is very important for keeping humans alive. Cortisol is responsible for maintaining our ability to process sugars, maintain our blood pressure and react to stress and illness. Cortisol helps the body respond to stress. During times of stress, cortisol levels
    increase and accelerate the breakdown of proteins to provide the fuel to maintain body functions. It acts as a physiological antagonist to insulin by promoting breakdown of carbohydrates, lipids, and proteins and so mobilizing energy reserves. In addition, immune and inflammatory cells have their responses to stress attenuated by cortisol. Cortisol is known to stimulate gluconeogenesis (creation of glucose) to ensure an adequate fuel supply. It also makes fatty acids available for metabolic use. It increases mobilization of free fatty acids, making them a more available energy source, and decreases glucose utilization, sparing it for the brain. Cortisol also acts as an anti-inflamatory agent. It depresses immune reactions, and increases the vasoconstriction caused by epinephrine.

    I mean no disrespect this is my opinion based on some sound information. People can make up their own minds ....thats my take....
    We all understand cortisol synthesis. We are also quite conversant with the benefits of fish oil. My only irritation is your suggestion in several posts in this thread that PS can be synthesized from fish oil. Perhaps you should clearly clarify the specific metabolic pathway.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.

  16. ^^ So lets not focus on all the other facts that say its not prudent to supplement with PS in the first place? If that is something you are interested in you can easily find out the precursor phospolipids found in fish oil that the body uses to synthesize PS (see below). The above is my opinion based on facts that i am comfortable coming the conclusion that for me supplementation with PS isnt prudent. Based on that i will not use a PS product....if others feel it may be benficial then by all means try it. Its not for me.
    btw-
    here is some data:
    this article outlines the synthsis: Color Atlas of Biochemistry - Google Book Search

    this one explains contents of fish oil via an effect of fish oil study (note the phospholipid stated and relate it to above info:
    The influence of fish oil diet and norepinephrine ...[Basic Res Cardiol. 1986 May-Jun] - PubMed Result

  17. Quote Originally Posted by steveironman;
    ^^ So lets not focus on all the other facts that say its not prudent to supplement with PS in the first place? If that is something you are interested in you can easily find out the precursor phospolipids found in fish oil that the body uses to synthesize PS (see below). The above is my opinion based on facts that i am comfortable coming the conclusion that for me supplementation with PS isnt prudent. Based on that i will not use a PS product....if others feel it may be benficial then by all means try it. Its not for me.
    btw-
    here is some data:
    this article outlines the synthsis: Color Atlas of Biochemistry - Google Book Search

    this one explains contents of fish oil via an effect of fish oil study (note the phospholipid stated and relate it to above info:
    The influence of fish oil diet and norepinephrine ...[Basic Res Cardiol. 1986 May-Jun] - PubMed Result
    I am not sure what facts you are referring to. No one has suggested exogenous PS supplementation to you. On the contrary, you have consistently argued there is no need to supplement with PS because endogenous production from different substrates, in particular fish oil, should be fully sufficient. I challenged your postulate of the synthesis of PS from fish oil. You provided links. The first showed that one rate-limiting factor in PS synthesis is phosphatidylethanolamine, which turns out to be a component of soy, not fish oil.

    Personally, I will not only continue to supplement with PS, but also consider PP's EndoAmp as one of the most effective PS products around.

    I just wanted to make sure we stick to facts. PS is not synthesized from fish oil.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    I am not sure what facts you are referring to. No one has suggested exogenous PS supplementation to you. On the contrary, you have consistently argued there is no need to supplement with PS because endogenous production from different substrates, in particular fish oil, should be fully sufficient. I challenged your postulate of the synthesis of PS from fish oil. You provided links. The first showed that one rate-limiting factor in PS synthesis is phosphatidylethanolamine, which turns out to be a component of soy, not fish oil.

    Personally, I will not only continue to supplement with PS, but also consider PP's EndoAmp as one of the most effective PS products around.

    I just wanted to make sure we stick to facts. PS is not synthesized from fish oil.

    Google this: phosphatidylethanolamine in fish oil

    It will answer all your questions re fish oils contents. If you do a little research on your own you will find all i have stated to be true (fish oils content , synthesis to PS). Also you may wish to search on the bodies conversion of omega 3 FA to phospholipids as well...pertinent to this discussion too. So I am sticking to the facts. Thats not main point but if you want to continue to labor over it ..search away and research and you'll find this info accurate. (as it is not relavent to the OP ..i'll be happy to exchange pm's with you regarding this topic...its very interesting)
    Another point need be made...the bodies primary use of PS is not cortisol suppersion. Cortisol is control by its release (process triggered inc hypothalimus -the hypothalamus sends corticotropin releasing hormone to the pituitary gland. CRH causes the pituitary to secrete adrenocorticotropin, a hormone that stimulates the adrenal glands. When the adrenals receive the ACTH, they respond by releasing cortisol into the bloodstream.) and its removal by normal disposal method of excess hormones in the body (mainly taking place in the liver.) A process that works well and imo shouldnt be tampered with.
    Point being we are dealing with 2 issues:
    1- Is supplementing PS necessary for normal bodily function - answer no (unless in an extremely nutritionally deficient state - prob doesnt apply to anyone here-we are not talking skipping a meal here and there guys we are talking extreme nutritionally deficient here). PS is considered a non essential nutrient, meaning it need not be directly ingested as our body produces it well enough on its own.
    2- do we want to artificailly use PS to suppress cortisol.
    As far as the supp goes...you make your decision ill make mine. If we want to stick to the facts re: that decision id personally refer to my posts regarding unnecessarily supplementing PS and also the positive effects of cortisol and blocking those positive effects at a time when many of them are most necessary. Add to that my personal opinion (shared by others) that it wont make the slightest difference in amount of muscle you will build and thats how i conclude that its not for me. Everyone will have their own opinion and came make their own choice.

    Thanks and Happy New Year.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by steveironman View Post
    Google this: phosphatidylethanolamine in fish oil

    It will answer all your questions re fish oils contents. If you do a little research on your own you will find all i have stated to be true (fish oils content , synthesis to PS). Also you may wish to search on the bodies conversion of omega 3 FA to phospholipids as well...pertinent to this discussion too. So I am sticking to the facts. Thats not main point but if you want to continue to labor over it ..search away and research and you'll find this info accurate. (as it is not relavent to the OP ..i'll be happy to exchange pm's with you regarding this topic...its very interesting)
    Another point need be made...the bodies primary use of PS is not cortisol suppersion. Cortisol is control by its release (process triggered inc hypothalimus -the hypothalamus sends corticotropin releasing hormone to the pituitary gland. CRH causes the pituitary to secrete adrenocorticotropin, a hormone that stimulates the adrenal glands. When the adrenals receive the ACTH, they respond by releasing cortisol into the bloodstream.) and its removal by normal disposal method of excess hormones in the body (mainly taking place in the liver.) A process that works well and imo shouldnt be tampered with.
    Point being we are dealing with 2 issues:
    1- Is supplementing PS necessary for normal bodily function - answer no (unless in an extremely nutritionally deficient state - prob doesnt apply to anyone here-we are not talking skipping a meal here and there guys we are talking extreme nutritionally deficient here). PS is considered a non essential nutrient, meaning it need not be directly ingested as our body produces it well enough on its own.
    2- do we want to artificailly use PS to suppress cortisol.
    As far as the supp goes...you make your decision ill make mine. If we want to stick to the facts re: that decision id personally refer to my posts regarding unnecessarily supplementing PS and also the positive effects of cortisol and blocking those positive effects at a time when many of them are most necessary. Add to that my personal opinion (shared by others) that it wont make the slightest difference in amount of muscle you will build and thats how i conclude that its not for me. Everyone will have their own opinion and came make their own choice.

    Thanks and Happy New Year.
    Most commercially available fish oil tablets have all the phospholipid content removed to increase the dose of omega’s… so this really isn’t a practical approach to obtaining PS unless you are eating a ton of actual fish or squeezing fish oil out yourself.

    -Eric

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Primordial Perf View Post
    Most commercially available fish oil tablets have all the phospholipid content removed to increase the dose of omega’s… Not true with high quality natural fish oils..like i recommended an inexpensive high quality fish oil suppso this really isn’t a practical approach to obtaining PS unless you are eating a ton of actual fish or squeezing fish oil out yourself.

    -Eric
    Originally Posted by steveironman
    Google this: phosphatidylethanolamine in fish oil

    It will answer all your questions re fish oils contents. If you do a little research on your own you will find all i have stated to be true (fish oils content , synthesis to PS). Also you may wish to search on the bodies conversion of omega 3 FA to phospholipids as well...pertinent to this discussion too. So I am sticking to the facts. Thats not main point but if you want to continue to labor over it ..search away and research and you'll find this info accurate. (as it is not relavent to the OP ..i'll be happy to exchange pm's with you regarding this topic...its very interesting)
    Another point need be made...the bodies primary use of PS is not cortisol suppersion. Cortisol is control by its release (process triggered inc hypothalimus -the hypothalamus sends corticotropin releasing hormone to the pituitary gland. CRH causes the pituitary to secrete adrenocorticotropin, a hormone that stimulates the adrenal glands. When the adrenals receive the ACTH, they respond by releasing cortisol into the bloodstream.) and its removal by normal disposal method of excess hormones in the body (mainly taking place in the liver.) A process that works well and imo shouldnt be tampered with.
    Point being we are dealing with 2 issues:
    1-Is supplementing PS necessary for normal bodily function - answer no (unless in an extremely nutritionally deficient state - prob doesnt apply to anyone here-we are not talking skipping a meal here and there guys we are talking extreme nutritionally deficient here). PS is considered a non essential nutrient, meaning it need not be directly ingested as our body produces it well enough on its own.
    2- do we want to artificailly use PS to suppress cortisol.
    As far as the supp goes...you make your decision ill make mine. If we want to stick to the facts re: that decision id personally refer to my posts regarding unnecessarily supplementing PS and also the positive effects of cortisol and blocking those positive effects at a time when many of them are most necessary. Add to that my personal opinion (shared by others) that it wont make the slightest difference in amount of muscle you will build and thats how i conclude that its not for me. Everyone will have their own opinion and came make their own choice.

    Thanks and Happy New Year.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by steveironman View Post
    Originally Posted by steveironman
    Google this: phosphatidylethanolamine in fish oil

    It will answer all your questions re fish oils contents. If you do a little research on your own you will find all i have stated to be true (fish oils content , synthesis to PS). Also you may wish to search on the bodies conversion of omega 3 FA to phospholipids as well...pertinent to this discussion too. So I am sticking to the facts. Thats not main point but if you want to continue to labor over it ..search away and research and you'll find this info accurate. (as it is not relavent to the OP ..i'll be happy to exchange pm's with you regarding this topic...its very interesting)
    Another point need be made...the bodies primary use of PS is not cortisol suppersion. Cortisol is control by its release (process triggered inc hypothalimus -the hypothalamus sends corticotropin releasing hormone to the pituitary gland. CRH causes the pituitary to secrete adrenocorticotropin, a hormone that stimulates the adrenal glands. When the adrenals receive the ACTH, they respond by releasing cortisol into the bloodstream.) and its removal by normal disposal method of excess hormones in the body (mainly taking place in the liver.) A process that works well and imo shouldnt be tampered with.
    Point being we are dealing with 2 issues:
    1-Is supplementing PS necessary for normal bodily function - answer no (unless in an extremely nutritionally deficient state - prob doesnt apply to anyone here-we are not talking skipping a meal here and there guys we are talking extreme nutritionally deficient here). PS is considered a non essential nutrient, meaning it need not be directly ingested as our body produces it well enough on its own.
    2- do we want to artificailly use PS to suppress cortisol.
    As far as the supp goes...you make your decision ill make mine. If we want to stick to the facts re: that decision id personally refer to my posts regarding unnecessarily supplementing PS and also the positive effects of cortisol and blocking those positive effects at a time when many of them are most necessary. Add to that my personal opinion (shared by others) that it wont make the slightest difference in amount of muscle you will build and thats how i conclude that its not for me. Everyone will have their own opinion and came make their own choice.

    Thanks and Happy New Year.

    It’s a fact that a higher testosterone : cortisol ratio improves recovery, muscle protein synthesis, and creates an overall anabolic effect in the muscle.

    Supplementing with commercially available fish oil won’t have this effect on hormones. Supplementing with PS will. Any further debate on this is really just rhetoric.

    -Eric

  22. agreed ...people can read for themselves the cost/benfits of cortisol suppresion and make their own decisions re: is it beneficial or not.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by steveironman View Post
    agreed ...people can read for themselves the cost/benfits of cortisol suppresion and make their own decisions re: is it beneficial or not.

    Most people mis-understand the general purpose and function of cortisol.

    In the next couple months Ill put together a full review on cortisol, to help clarify this.

    -Eric

  24. ^^^ whatever u want to do ..ive researched it effects thoroughly and made my decision. I also take into consideration the opinion held by many that not only might it not be beneficial in building muscle to suppress it ...it may actually be detrimental in muscle building to do so. Again let me reiterate ...that is just my opinion shared by some people ...i think accurate info and education will help people make intelligent decisions re supplement usage. All i would ask is you post full disclosure studies including benefits of cortisol as well. Not one sided claims that will bolster your product. That IMO is unethical and misleading. JMO ..Thanks for the courteous exchange....

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Primordial Perf View Post
    Most people mis-understand the general purpose and function of cortisol.

    In the next couple months Ill put together a full review on cortisol, to help clarify this.

    -Eric

    I will bump to this.

  26. We've had a lot going on as of recent with the releases of our 1-T Tren product.

    I'll put something together in the coming weeks for a basic understanding of cortisol.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  27. Question:
    Can I take a cortisol blocker (not as a PCT) regularly just to keep my cortisol levels low for weight loss?

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Zukkini View Post
    Question:
    Can I take a cortisol blocker (not as a PCT) regularly just to keep my cortisol levels low for weight loss?
    sure you can my friend!.
    slick.
    board supporter

  29. New EndoAmp Max Check It Out

  30. Quote Originally Posted by MaxGolf View Post
    New EndoAmp Max Check It Out
    Mind-blowing! Combining Alpha-GPC and PS in such doses is simply outstanding. Once I am through my current EndoAmp, I will certainly go EndoAmp Max. Great move!

  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. A2-Receptor Blocker or Cortisol Blocker?
    By OhHaiDare in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2011, 12:27 AM
  2. Best cortisol blocker?
    By Nate101 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 06:20 AM
  3. PCT and Cortisol Blocker
    By bmw8591 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-06-2009, 01:26 PM
  4. Cortisol Blocker
    By firewalker24 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-25-2009, 11:26 PM
  5. Cortisol Blocker
    By Lene28 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-10-2009, 01:52 AM
Log in
Log in