Sleep aids questions for anyone who's used them

Brian5225

Brian5225

Awards
  • Established
So I've been planning my cycle for quite some time, and my last cycle i didnt sleep very well so I've been trying to get a sleep aid. But there is so muc to choose from. There's the antihistamine OTC drug type, then there's the herbal type. Does anyone suggest one over the other? The only thing I worry about is compounding my sleep problem by becoming addicted to it physically (dependant, addicted, same thing whatever lol i'm tired). Any input would be great guys.

AtomSmasher

AtomSmasher

Awards
  • Established
I take IBE X dream and there no addition thats possible. It really relaxes me and allows deeper sleep so i wake up and feel well rested.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Somnidren GH by Millennium Sport, no question.

IvyLeaguePump

IvyLeaguePump

Awards
So I've been planning my cycle for quite some time, and my last cycle i didnt sleep very well so I've been trying to get a sleep aid. But there is so muc to choose from. There's the antihistamine OTC drug type, then there's the herbal type. Does anyone suggest one over the other? The only thing I worry about is compounding my sleep problem by becoming addicted to it physically (dependant, addicted, same thing whatever lol i'm tired). Any input would be great guys.
I take the OTC drug that comes in antihistamine products. I have taken it off and on for a couple of years as needed, not because of cycling or anything. I have had no problem at all. In fact, they work quite well without leaving me dead in the morning.

sundevil22

Awards
I got a sample of this stuff and it seemed to work great.
As of right now i use melotonin if i just need a little help staying on schedual but a otc if i need to fall asleep earlier than normal seems how those knock me out.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
Didn't work for me, for some reason mucuna pruriens makes me feel tired and hyper at the same time... not a good feeling.

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
I take the OTC drug that comes in antihistamine products. I have taken it off and on for a couple of years as needed, not because of cycling or anything. I have had no problem at all. In fact, they work quite well without leaving me dead in the morning.
I've taken the same otc drug, and have found it to be effective. Just don't overdo it, or you'll end up groggy the whole next day, wanting to do nothing but sleep. (i've found ~2-3 pills works perfectly for ME without side effects the next morning).

It's called sleep-aid by unisom (gel caps from what i can remember).

Active ingredient: Diphenhydramine HCl (50mg)

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Do you develop a tolerance like phenibut?
I take the main ingredient in X-Dream almost every night and although you do build somewhat of a tolerance, it isn't so much that you no longer feel the effects. You are going to build a tolerance to most sleep supps but you want to gauge what you build tolerance to the least.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
valerian and melatonin have a great synergistic effect for me.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Didn't work for me, for some reason mucuna pruriens makes me feel tired and hyper at the same time... not a good feeling.
With so many ingredients in Somnidren-GH, are you certain it was mucuna pruriens? Did you use the product within 30 minutes of bedtime, or earlier? And, did you take it on its own, on an empty stomach, or did you combine it with something else? Any idea how your cortisol levels are? I am just curious, as the feedback on Somnidren-GH has been consistently impressive. My personal favourites include IGF-2, Somnidren-GH, and PowerFULL. I usually add Relora and Ashwagandha to any of these when I really want to "melt away". Talk of deep, recuperative sleep with unprecedented recovery! I have also heard good things about Abyss, by the way.

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
With so many ingredients in Somnidren-GH, are you certain it was mucuna pruriens? Did you use the product within 30 minutes of bedtime, or earlier? And, did you take it on its own, on an empty stomach, or did you combine it with something else? Any idea how your cortisol levels are? I am just curious, as the feedback on Somnidren-GH has been consistently impressive. My personal favourites include IGF-2, Somnidren-GH, and PowerFULL. I usually add Relora and Ashwagandha to any of these when I really want to "melt away". Talk of deep, recuperative sleep with unprecedented recovery! I have also heard good things about Abyss, by the way.
I have tried powerfull and mucuna on it's own... same feeling. My cortisol is actually lower than it should be.

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
I think any sleep aid has the potential for dependancies. The herbal stuff never did me any good. If you're just planning on using them for cycle side effects, GABA and melatonin work pretty well for me. I keep the melatonin to 3 mgs, butthe GABA seems to work wo side effects. How much depends on the person. I've taken up to 12g w/o a problem.

After that is diphenhydramine, it's cheaper if bought as the antihistamine. More than 4 tabs makes me feel like **** the next day.

Last edited:
goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If it's like 7 or 8 and I know I'm not gonna be tired enough that night to get to sleep I take a melatonin. Usually every third night or so I take it just to keep me on schedule even if I don't need it.

If I'm laying in bed and I can't sleep, I take a small sip of NyQuil or Benadryl to knock me out.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
1 word - AMBIEN

Plus you get to do crazy sh!t that makes people laugh!

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
After that is diphenhydramine, it's cheaper if bought as the antihistamine. More than 4 tabs makes me feel like **** the next day.
that's ~ 2 grams if you took the sleep aid by unisom. I took ~ 6 grams the first time, figuring more was better. I was restless for the first 3 hours, then felt like sh1t for the next 2 days. Luckily I had no plans, but it SUCKED. I felt more lethargic the after taking that than I have with superdrol!!!

lightemup

lightemup

Awards
  • Established
i would say ZMK. dont know if anyone has tried it but i heard good things on it..

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I think any sleep aid has the potential for dependancies.
Yeah, this is the point I was trying to make as well. As for chronic dependency, all of the supplements I have tried were easily to stop taking. I would think about taking them because the quality of sleep was so much better but it was nothing like Ambien or any sort of dependency like that. That stuff spells trouble.

IvyLeaguePump

IvyLeaguePump

Awards
that's ~ 2 grams if you took the sleep aid by unisom. I took ~ 6 grams the first time, figuring more was better. I was restless for the first 3 hours, then felt like sh1t for the next 2 days. Luckily I had no plans, but it SUCKED. I felt more lethargic the after taking that than I have with superdrol!!!

I usually take 4 25mg pills of diphenhydramine and it knocks me out, and I feel fine the next day.

biggerthantex

biggerthantex

Awards
Melatonin is very good for sleep...It is non depended. It is homeopathic... which means there is no over dose you can take the whole bottle and wont "OD". It is a very great product. Usual dosage is 3 mg.. there sell even a 5mg and a 10 mg........ and you can find it at the normal vitamin shop

IvyLeaguePump

IvyLeaguePump

Awards
Wow. I take 2 and I'm knocked out cold.
Well, I can do 2 and usually fall asleep fine, and I just recently bumped it up to 4. At the beginning, I would only take two, and I would think that is a good place to start. Ive been taking them occasionally for the past 2-3 years.

But when I take them, which isnt that often, I like to take 4 and get a slight buzz before passing out :run:

Only taking two is definately a good place to start. I should have mentioned that. :)

Brian5225

Brian5225

Awards
  • Established
Yeah hehe. I get quite loopy with 2 I couldn't imagine 4 lol

blackheart

blackheart

Awards
valerian and melatonin have a great synergistic effect for me.
I second these two, Valerian will put anyone down. Melatonin 5mg is good for GH release too. Add Benadryl or Ketofin to that if you're using Beta-2 agonists (eg, Ephedrine, Albuterol) during the day.

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
Wow, maybe I'm not taking enough to feel it at 1-2g.
yeah, 5-6gms is about the norm. One other nice thing is if I wake up and can't get back to sleep, I can take some and not feel groggy all morning.

kkt224

Awards
Try Sonata. It is RX, but it works really well and won't leave you groggy. Shouldn't be too hard to get an RX for that.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
Melatonin is very good for sleep...It is non depended. It is homeopathic... which means there is no over dose you can take the whole bottle and wont "OD". It is a very great product. Usual dosage is 3 mg.. there sell even a 5mg and a 10 mg........ and you can find it at the normal vitamin shop
Please, no one take a whole bottle of melatonin.

Somnidren is great for me, as is NOW Nighttime Herbs and ZMT caps from Nutraplanet.

Colden

Colden

Nimbus Nutrition Co-Founder
Awards
Abyss will not cause dependency. Actually you can't use it every night. It is to help assist with more recuperative sleep. You will build up a tolerance to the phenibut if you use it everyday.

DavidCream

DavidCream

Awards
I like melatonin for nights i gotta go to sleep a lil earlier.

Tylenol PM sucks cuz it unnaturally KO's you (which actually hurts your sleep cycle) plus acetominophin(sp?) is liver toxic.

Unisom worked great but ended up ******* up my sleep shedule terribly in the long run, plus i got sortof addictied to it where I couldnt sleep without it.