Does anyone know?

izzzzooo

Awards
What is the best Tribulus supplement?
And does anyone know if Fucothin(sea weed supplement for weight loss)works?

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
Bump, cause I'm curious about the tribulous, today.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
"T. terrestris has consistently failed to increase testosterone levels in controlled studies.[1][2][3] It has also failed to demonstrate strength-enhancing properties.[4]"

^Brown GA, Vukovich MD, Reifenrath TA, Uhl NL, Parsons KA, Sharp RL, King DS (2000). "Effects of anabolic precursors on serum testosterone concentrations and adaptations to resistance training in young men". Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 10 (3): 340-59. PMID 10997957. 

^ Brown GA, Vukovich MD, Martini ER, Kohut ML, Franke WD, Jackson DA, King DS (2001). "Endocrine and lipid responses to chronic androstenediol-herbal supplementation in 30 to 58 year old men". J Am Coll Nutr 20 (5): 520-8. PMID 11601567. 

^ Neychev VK, & Mitev VI. (2005). "The aphrodisiac herb Tribulus terrestris does not influence the androgen production in young men". J Ethnopharmacol 101 (1-3): 319-23. PMID 15994038. 

^ Rogerson S, Riches CJ, Jennings C, Weatherby RP, Meir RA, Marshall-Gradisnik SM. (2007). "The Effect of Five Weeks of Tribulus terrestris Supplementation on Muscle Strength and Body Composition During Preseason Training in Elite Rugby League Players". J Strength Cond Res 21 (2): 348-53. PMID 17530942. 

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
"T. terrestris has consistently failed to increase testosterone levels in controlled studies.[1][2][3] It has also failed to demonstrate strength-enhancing properties.[4]"

^Brown GA, Vukovich MD, Reifenrath TA, Uhl NL, Parsons KA, Sharp RL, King DS (2000). "Effects of anabolic precursors on serum testosterone concentrations and adaptations to resistance training in young men". Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 10 (3): 340-59. PMID 10997957. 

^ Brown GA, Vukovich MD, Martini ER, Kohut ML, Franke WD, Jackson DA, King DS (2001). "Endocrine and lipid responses to chronic androstenediol-herbal supplementation in 30 to 58 year old men". J Am Coll Nutr 20 (5): 520-8. PMID 11601567. 

^ Neychev VK, & Mitev VI. (2005). "The aphrodisiac herb Tribulus terrestris does not influence the androgen production in young men". J Ethnopharmacol 101 (1-3): 319-23. PMID 15994038. 

^ Rogerson S, Riches CJ, Jennings C, Weatherby RP, Meir RA, Marshall-Gradisnik SM. (2007). "The Effect of Five Weeks of Tribulus terrestris Supplementation on Muscle Strength and Body Composition During Preseason Training in Elite Rugby League Players". J Strength Cond Res 21 (2): 348-53. PMID 17530942. 
See, that's exactly what I thought, that trib doesn't have any effect on test levels. There's a lot of reports of it increasing libido, though. I'm still wondering why? Does it actually increase libido, or is that just placebo? (there's a screwed up rhyme for you) Is there any proof out there that it actually DOES increase it? How?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
two that come to mind are Blue Up and Isatest, because they contain more than just trib.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It might help to recall that Tribulus is one of those compounds that work for some and does nothing for others. There are studies to justify those positions. Regardless of the level of extraction for saponins in Bulgarian or Indian Tribulus, for instance, the effectiveness of these saponins in strengthening the endocrine system and raising luteinizing hormone and follicle-stimulating hormone levels, appears to depend on the amount and quality of intestinal (bacterial) flora that make the tribulus saponins bioavailable. This is the key reason why Bulgarian studies have consistently reported Tribulus' efficacy in stimulating testosterone synthesis - Bulgarians consume a lot of healthy jogurt and have a relatively healthy intestinal flora. Try consuming your high-saponin Tribulus product the next time with digestive enzymes or a product such as GÜT Health :D

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
follicle-stimulating hormone levels
Que? Maybe im confusing my definition of follicle with something else. Does this suggest hair growth?

Because that would be outstanding news. Unless you already look like robin williams.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Que? Maybe im confusing my definition of follicle with something else. Does this suggest hair growth?

Because that would be outstanding news. Unless you already look like robin williams.
FSH stimulates spermatogenesis in males (i.e the making of those little tad-poles of life)

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established

FSH is one of the thyroid produced(or involved) hormones. I believe it has a role in regulating T3 and T4, but I'll have to double-check that one.