What's the best way to make your face and skin look better? - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

What's the best way to make your face and skin look better?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Senior Member

I'm 46, but look much younger. [I still have no problem getting hot young chicks -- and I'm talking like 18-22's at work, the gym, my tanning girls, etc. But I've just recently begun to feel guilty about it, and now I always tell them my age up front, and usually shy away from any involvement if they're too young, so don't rip me for being a perv, lol.] But anyway, if I have a "secret" (other than genetic luck), it's to do as little as possible. I used to wash/scrub my face at least twice a day, and use all the various products that are supposed to be good for your complexion. But I slowly figured out that these can be very irritating to your skin's natural chemistry. I started to notice that when I'd go hiking/climbing and sweat like a swine, without really washing my face for days at a time, my complexion always looked great when I got back to civilization.
    So now I just splash a little lukewarm water on my face once a day, and rarely use soap at all (on my face). This alone seems to be the most effective "fountain of youth" I've discovered. Just let your skin find it's own healthy balance.
    mw2012

2. Banned

Amazon.com: have the American Psycho facial treatment

The American Psycho Facial Routine
  3. Nimbus Nutrition Co-Founder

There are several environmental factors that can also dramatically effect how your skin appears. Everyones environmental situation is different and should be considered.
    •   

4. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    don't sleep on your face

Is this for real?
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Skiba View Post
    Is this for real?
    I've definitely heard this before, probably as far back as middle school health class. I for one don't sleep well on my back so when I sleep on my side or my stomach I naturally sleep with my face to the pillow. Whether that makes a difference I'll never know, but I'd rather sleep with my face on the pillow and actually get some rest than sleep on my back with my face up and get no rest at all. The latter is probably worse for your complexion anyway.
  6. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by xtreme1 View Post
    Skiba, I hear what your saying about Monavie. I thought it was a total scam 2. A buddy of mine gave me a free months worth and I was sold on it. The its not just the Acia berry its the combination of berrys , fruits etc. I feel great using it. I hve done my fair share a PH and steroid cycles throughout the years and adding the Monavie into the mix has been the missing link for gains and recovery. I recomend you give it a try its for real. And yes the price does SUCK.

Funny, I was just talking about this on another board. With the disclaimer that i became a distributor a couple of weeks ago, I think this stuff is the bomb. And when I first heard about it I was like "yeah, right..."
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    Funny, I was just talking about this on another board. With the disclaimer that i became a distributor a couple of weeks ago, I think this stuff is the bomb. And when I first heard about it I was like "yeah, right..."

Right on, Monavie has been the missing link in my PH cycles it make you feel great.
  8. New Member

Coconut Oil...

I simplified things and just starting using this yesterday... Damn, this stuff works really well, and it's only been a day...

Use it as a moisturizer pre-bed, then wash off in the morning... You can also use it during the day... That's what I'm doing...
  9. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    fish oil and poseidon have helped me. With that said improving your diet and stopping your smoking should be priority number 1 to help this issue
    Perfect advice.
  10. New Member

Hey I know this is an older post, but I've felt that I've made a discovery, but then again a lot of people already knew this.

So I haven't washed my hair with any shampoo for about the last 2 days, and amazingly my hair, skin, and face look a lot better than before, I'm really amazed by this. I guess my face kind of had a washed out look to it but now it looks like all the oil and whatnot is in there and it's great. I'm thinking I'm gonna go for a while without washing my hair.

I am also thinking of getting an organic shampoo that doesn't contain sodium lauryl sulfate or something similar to that, this ingredient is an industrial chemical and some people even say it causes hair loss.

My advice to anyone who washes their hair everyday is to give not washing it a try.
  11. New Member

Interesting... You should check out DS Labs Revita Hair Stimulating Shampoo... That's the shampoo I've been using for... a little over a week now and I really like it.

Anyways, I really like this product called Sensation Spa Dead Sea Facial Peel... You can find it for 22.95 on Amazon.com

The stuff is amazing and makes your skin feel incredibly soft, without leaving it feeling dry...

Anyways, I have a new regimen and my skin is responding really well to it.

Face Wash: Now Virgin Coconut Oil/Sensation Spa Dead See Facial Peel

Face Lotion: Juvess Moisturizer

Ingredients

Misc: Decleor Clay and Herbal Cleansing Mask

At my age, my skin has a tendency to fluctuate and considering I am prone to breaking out at times from different supplements, I tend to do a lot of trial and error.

My sister has really nice skin and when she came to visit, she brought along the dead sea facial peel and well... Man, the product worked really well. Hence why I am now a fan and thus ordered some.

Internal Care:

MSM
    RAW Cacao
    Biotest Super Foods
    Fish Oil
    Lemon Juice

Enzymedica Digest Gold for digestion

Poseidon (although, I don't use this everyday)...

Anyways, I will post a picture up in June... The only thing I plan on using along with my regimen is Castor Oil and RPN Atomic Meltdown. Castor Oil along with Coconut Oil for face wash. Although I do plan on dropping on the Clay and Herbal Cleansing mask at some point, since I am waiting for the facial peel to come in the mail...

Anyways, this is a long post, but after three days on the regimen, my skin went from looking okay to starting to look really good... Thus my self esteem has improved. I kind of follow a raw foods diet, one of my main concerns is just making sure I am able to digest my foods as efficiently as possible... But yeah, I have a tendency to get excited when I find products that work, considering I used to have nice skin, but then bam... Certain supplements messed that up for me, thus I am now avoiding any supplement that breaks me out now... I have also not taken a multivitamin for over a week now; I was using AOR Ortho Core and will probably start using it again in June when I decide to buy it again. So hmm... Hopefully my regimen continues to work and my progress pics show this.
  12. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapump2 View Post
    I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

****ing classic, and lol at those who thought u were serious
    toes-on-the-nose.blogspot.com Deployed blogging

Similar Forum Threads

1. RED FACE
    By Chuckwheat in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-14-2010, 12:46 PM
  2. 10% Gel on Face??
    By 1Ainslie in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-28-2007, 12:37 PM
  3. A Different Face of War