What's the best way to make your face and skin look better?

Matt Skiba

Matt Skiba

Awards
I feel like my complexion is just not as good as it used to be, possibly from stress, not eating right, smoking, and other things of that sort. I really don't like the idea of aging, and I'm only 20 years old, I have heard that it is possible to get wrinkles and crow's feet while you're still in your 20s from partying too hard, I think this sort of thing tends to happen to overly slutty girls, giving them that trademark dirty slut appearance, with which they try to cover up using more makeup, which only ends up adding to their slut look.

I'm thinking of taking high doses of anti-oxidants, possibly from one of those greens/superfood supplements. Has anyone actually seen any sort of skin improvements using this sort of thing?

Also, if no one has, then what is there (if anything) out there that does actually work?

SgtP

SgtP

Awards
  • Established
two words.... Java Lather. and start taking care of your body ie. stop smoking and eat right!!!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I feel like my complexion is just not as good as it used to be, possibly from stress, not eating right, smoking, and other things of that sort. I really don't like the idea of aging, and I'm only 20 years old, I have heard that it is possible to get wrinkles and crow's feet while you're still in your 20s from partying too hard, I think this sort of thing tends to happen to overly slutty girls, giving them that trademark dirty slut appearance, with which they try to cover up using more makeup, which only ends up adding to their slut look.

I'm thinking of taking high doses of anti-oxidants, possibly from one of those greens/superfood supplements. Has anyone actually seen any sort of skin improvements using this sort of thing?

Also, if no one has, then what is there (if anything) out there that does actually work?
1.relax
2.quit smoking
3.eat right
4.drink more water
5.vitamins & antioxidants
6.wash face and skin

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
Fish oil seems to help me. Especially during the winter when my skin is dry.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
fish oil and poseidon have helped me. With that said improving your diet and stopping your smoking should be priority number 1 to help this issue

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
-eat right
-drink tons of water
-smoking has gotta stop
-get proper/adequate sleep
-relax - stress is not good.
-in terms of supps, I like Java Lather, and Poseidon was great for my skin.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
Mosturize daily. Fish oil is nice but can make your skin oily if you are prone to that. PowerFull is a good supplement to help with skin and has a host of other benefits (it would be kind of expensive if it was just for skin). I've heard great things about Java Lather.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
One more for STOP SMOKING, or you'll look like Kramer on the Seinfeld episode where he smoked cigars for like a week straight.

Daily moisturizer with SPF protection, and drink water a plenty.

SgtP

SgtP

Awards
  • Established
just for more emphasis, ill say it again. stop smoking!!

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
you practically answered your own question. I smoke too much, I party too much and I blah blah blah. If you do too much of that stuff. STOP, expecially smoking, :D for a few months, relax on the stress and im pretty sure your face will clear up and return to normal.

bigpoppapump2

bigpoppapump2

Awards
  • Established
I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
lol..wow bro - im naturally good looking..hahah...just playin, thats a mean routine though.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

please list brand names and products.

I'm interested in the anti-aging eye balm, and gel scrub

PennStateMuscle

PennStateMuscle

Awards
Do you use the Java Lather on both your body and face?

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
Patrick Bateman is my role model.

SgtP

SgtP

Awards
  • Established
Patrick Bateman is my role model.
finally someone caught that. too many people need to rent that movie lol

for those that aren't aware, that is a quote from American Psycho.

Sargon

Sargon

Awards
i am 20 and have the same thing. i dont smoke and i only party/drink once evry couple months.

what makes the color drain away from my face is stress and not sleeping enough. get a lot more sleep, and try to make the stress go down. if you are on fat burners and stimulants, thats gonna do a lot of stress.

LazeDragon

LazeDragon

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
One more for STOP SMOKING, or you'll look like Kramer on the Seinfeld episode where he smoked cigars for like a week straight.

Daily moisturizer with SPF protection, and drink water a plenty.

Yeah that's a big one. Try Chantix....you can get it from your doc....stuff works....trust me.

xtreme1

xtreme1

Awards
Use a good face wash ( Anthony ) makes a great one. Also use a face cream with an SPF. I Drink Monavie its the best all around anti oxidant you will ever find big coin though.

Colden

Colden

Nimbus Nutrition Co-Founder
Awards
-eat right
-drink tons of water
-smoking has gotta stop
-get proper/adequate sleep
-relax - stress is not good.
-in terms of supps, I like Java Lather, and Poseidon was great for my skin.
We have actually had several individuals comment on the improved skin. It seems to be one of the benefits that we didn't think would be predominant but has been exciting to see.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
We have actually had several individuals comment on the improved skin. It seems to be one of the benefits that we didn't think would be predominant but has been exciting to see.
no doubt.
I mentioned it to Aaron within a week of starting Poseidon...amazing product, i stocked up a while ago, and am stil using it here and there.

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
Well, this may sound ridiculous...but...I use a lot of skin/face care products...and they truly do help. If you are willing to dish out the money, you can use the "Clarins Skin Care" products for men. I started using these and they are great. You basically get a face wash, moisturizer, fatigue fighter (I know...but believe me, it's amazing), shaving balm, and under eye gel (once again, I know...but it is awesome).

This is just to add on to what everyone else has said...but a moisturizer is VERY important. If you do not moisturize your skin, then it will actually need to retain oils...and you can suffer breakouts.

Clarins is AWESOME...and yes...the girls love it =).

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
that's a huge amount of work to do EVERY morning. But, what type of eye-balm is that?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well genetics is an indicator of your aging process. If your family members aged poorly then you could too.

I have seen immediate improvement in my complexion when using powerfull or bulk PureDopa.

I also exfoliate once or twice a week with facial scrub.

Thomas Tank

Thomas Tank

Awards
That was amazing my friend, American Psycho! After the first few lines i was throughly creeped out before i realized the reference...sigh...good humor and irony.:thumbsup:

Matt Skiba

Matt Skiba

Awards
Members of my family did age well, so I don't really think genetics is against me, I know there's some people out there who look like they're 50 when they're only like 32.

That Monavie drink seems like a total scam, not to mention the ridiculous cost, but acai berry looks like something to look into.

I'll definitely have to give java lather soap a try.

Also I'm thinking controlling cortisol is an important thing. I take Reset AD right now, and I'm thinking of using some of primordial's new EndoAmp to really take the stress away.

My only real concern are my nasolabial folds and cheeks, they seem just a bit too dominant on my face, not to mention my nasolabial folds are asymetrical when I smile or laugh, who knows, maybe they're just meant to be that way or maybe it's because I frown too much. I definitely do feel that someone's face can look better depending on the lifestyle they live, happier people always seem to end up being more physically attractive as well (or maybe they're just happy cause they look good).

Because of the number of replies to this topic, it seems that this is not such a girly topic after all.

:pose:

xtreme1

xtreme1

Awards
Skiba, I hear what your saying about Monavie. I thought it was a total scam 2. A buddy of mine gave me a free months worth and I was sold on it. The its not just the Acia berry its the combination of berrys , fruits etc. I feel great using it. I hve done my fair share a PH and steroid cycles throughout the years and adding the Monavie into the mix has been the missing link for gains and recovery. I recomend you give it a try its for real. And yes the price does SUCK.

Ether

Awards
fish oil and poseidon have helped me. With that said improving your diet and stopping your smoking should be priority number 1 to help this issue
:head: Poseidon worked great for my complexion. And definitely quit the smoking.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
:head: Poseidon worked great for my complexion. And definitely quit the smoking.
chantix!

Its expensive but I heard it works wonders. Most insurance companys wont pay for it though so be ready to shell out 85 bucks for it :thumbsup: (oops 85 if they do cover. Over 100 if they dont :D)

king1033

king1033

Awards
  • Established
a couple things

make sure your pillow cases are clean believe it or not

eat fruit

antioxidants

fish oil

JAVA LATHER

moisterizer

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
Java Lather has been receiving some rave reviews, but personally I found it to be too irritating when I used it as a face wash... It dried out my skin...

Poseidon works pretty well, as others have mentioned...

You may also look into drinking green tea, carrot juice (or possibly just ordering some carrot powder...

But yeah, as others have mentioned, stop smoking, up your water intake, and try not to sleep on your face.

Last edited:

UofIlifting11

Awards
Develop a consistent routine with washing and taking care of your face. This way, when you do add in other variables, you know what is working and what isn't. yes it might take a little bit longer to get results, but once you do, you'll know exactly how to keep them going.

Blazay

Awards
my skin is weird... especially on my face.. i suffer from a daily outbreak of hives.. so i use a antihistamine to control the outbreaks and puffiness. 15 minutes after i shower, i find my skin to dry up and become puffy.. If i apply a oil-free lotion/moisturizer.. my skin will become to oily... causing some outbreaks once in a while.. I have been taking powerfull latley, and can say it does help a little with the complexion, and fish oil. How many Mg's or caps of fish oil do you guys recommend per day? What is a really good anti-oxidant to start taking? A good face wash/ lotion? Should i even wear a lotion? I find that if i dry my face, immediately after showering, then i wont have as much problems, with the itchiness or puffiness, but i don't get that same feeling the moisturizer provides, but i hate it when the lotion makes it to oily? I will also look into the java lather..

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established
I'm 46, but look much younger. [I still have no problem getting hot young chicks -- and I'm talking like 18-22's at work, the gym, my tanning girls, etc. But I've just recently begun to feel guilty about it, and now I always tell them my age up front, and usually shy away from any involvement if they're too young, so don't rip me for being a perv, lol.] But anyway, if I have a "secret" (other than genetic luck), it's to do as little as possible. I used to wash/scrub my face at least twice a day, and use all the various products that are supposed to be good for your complexion. But I slowly figured out that these can be very irritating to your skin's natural chemistry. I started to notice that when I'd go hiking/climbing and sweat like a swine, without really washing my face for days at a time, my complexion always looked great when I got back to civilization.
So now I just splash a little lukewarm water on my face once a day, and rarely use soap at all (on my face). This alone seems to be the most effective "fountain of youth" I've discovered. Just let your skin find it's own healthy balance.

Colden

Colden

Nimbus Nutrition Co-Founder
Awards
There are several environmental factors that can also dramatically effect how your skin appears. Everyones environmental situation is different and should be considered.

PennStateMuscle

PennStateMuscle

Awards
Is this for real?
I've definitely heard this before, probably as far back as middle school health class. I for one don't sleep well on my back so when I sleep on my side or my stomach I naturally sleep with my face to the pillow. Whether that makes a difference I'll never know, but I'd rather sleep with my face on the pillow and actually get some rest than sleep on my back with my face up and get no rest at all. The latter is probably worse for your complexion anyway.

rick055

Awards
  • Established
Skiba, I hear what your saying about Monavie. I thought it was a total scam 2. A buddy of mine gave me a free months worth and I was sold on it. The its not just the Acia berry its the combination of berrys , fruits etc. I feel great using it. I hve done my fair share a PH and steroid cycles throughout the years and adding the Monavie into the mix has been the missing link for gains and recovery. I recomend you give it a try its for real. And yes the price does SUCK.

Funny, I was just talking about this on another board. With the disclaimer that i became a distributor a couple of weeks ago, I think this stuff is the bomb. And when I first heard about it I was like "yeah, right..."

xtreme1

xtreme1

Awards
Funny, I was just talking about this on another board. With the disclaimer that i became a distributor a couple of weeks ago, I think this stuff is the bomb. And when I first heard about it I was like "yeah, right..."

Right on, Monavie has been the missing link in my PH cycles it make you feel great.

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
Coconut Oil...

I simplified things and just starting using this yesterday... Damn, this stuff works really well, and it's only been a day...

Use it as a moisturizer pre-bed, then wash off in the morning... You can also use it during the day... That's what I'm doing...

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
Perfect advice.

Matt Skiba

Matt Skiba

Awards
Hey I know this is an older post, but I've felt that I've made a discovery, but then again a lot of people already knew this.

So I haven't washed my hair with any shampoo for about the last 2 days, and amazingly my hair, skin, and face look a lot better than before, I'm really amazed by this. I guess my face kind of had a washed out look to it but now it looks like all the oil and whatnot is in there and it's great. I'm thinking I'm gonna go for a while without washing my hair.

I am also thinking of getting an organic shampoo that doesn't contain sodium lauryl sulfate or something similar to that, this ingredient is an industrial chemical and some people even say it causes hair loss.

My advice to anyone who washes their hair everyday is to give not washing it a try.