New to Supplements, please help.

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.37%

Quote Originally Posted by rcarracedo View Post
    What is wrong with red meat and dark meat chicken?
    I like me some red meat every now and then. Most cuts of beef steaks are very fatty (T-bone, Ribeys, you know the good ones). I love a big ole Top Sirloin steak tenderized and marinated overnight in some Andrea's Steak Sause(local steak house here in STL). F'n great very lean. I really don't like dark chicken meat (ie. drumstick/thighs). Too much fat for me.

2. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.37%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    i buy lean pot roasts and make em in a pressure cooker which works like steaming them
    Easy. You need to make a cookbook. You could sell it here on AM. Ill be the first one to buy it. This thread is making me hungry.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.61%

Word. Although I like the round steaks because they're not as expensive as other cuts but good god they're good if they're broiled just right. This thread is making me dread my current cut even more. only 3 more weeks babay!!!
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.23%

you can take your GNC prodcuts back. Tell them the items you bought gave you GI problems and you felt very ill while taking them, due to their policy they have to take them back. Insider info ftw
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.01%

OK I think everyone is missing a point here too. If you want to get stronger when lifting you need some of the Fats and cholestorol in food. Namely in Red meat. And of course in moderation as well but if you are trying to bulk and get stronger that is what is gonna do it. You need the mix of fats,protein,and carbs. Besides that I agree wholeheartedly with what everyone else was saying.
  6. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.11%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

I agree with mostly what every1 is saying in here. When starting out w/ getting really serious about my nutrition and training i started by gradually adding in healthy foods in place of not so great choices. That way i didn't burn out and hate eating healthy right away. I feel balance is a key and that you should make sure you get healthy carbs, protein, and healthy fat with out neglecting any macro nutrient. With diet in place i feel one should start w/ basic supplementation if they feel they are ready like fish oil, poseidon, and creatine. Then move on to other things as i feel it is all a process of learning, adapting, and applying new knowledge with your new goals and needs.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.01%

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    I agree with mostly what every1 is saying in here. When starting out w/ getting really serious about my nutrition and training i started by gradually adding in healthy foods in place of not so great choices. That way i didn't burn out and hate eating healthy right away. I feel balance is a key and that you should make sure you get healthy carbs, protein, and healthy fat with out neglecting any macro nutrient. With diet in place i feel one should start w/ basic supplementation if they feel they are ready like fish oil, poseidon, and creatine. Then move on to other things as i feel it is all a process of learning, adapting, and applying new knowledge with your new goals and needs.
    Yea i'm adding Poseidon too my supplements. Just waiting for it to get here. Should be Friday or Monday. Can't wait to try it. Besides that I take Fish oil, whey isolate 2-3 times a day, multi, and Vitamin C on top of that. Eat as much as I can 5-7 times a day, I don't always eat the best things but more often than not I do eat something healthy. Which is fine I don't beat myself up about it. I'm trying to bulk anyway so I'd rather eat something that is "unhealthy" than eat nothing at all.
  8. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.11%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by kbtoy31 View Post
    Yea i'm adding Poseidon too my supplements. Just waiting for it to get here. Should be Friday or Monday. Can't wait to try it. Besides that I take Fish oil, whey isolate 2-3 times a day, multi, and Vitamin C on top of that. Eat as much as I can 5-7 times a day, I don't always eat the best things but more often than not I do eat something healthy. Which is fine I don't beat myself up about it. I'm trying to bulk anyway so I'd rather eat something that is "unhealthy" than eat nothing at all.
    Good luck with the poseidon if you have any ?'s feel free to ask me and let me know how you like it.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.01%

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Good luck with the poseidon if you have any ?'s feel free to ask me and let me know how you like it.
    cool yea i'll let ya know what i think.
  10. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I agree add in

Multi Vit Good insurance
    Poseidon a really GREAT product for me every day
    Protein shake Especially if you are not getting enough protein in your diet.

CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  209 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.32%

Quote Originally Posted by Frotsmud View Post
    I'm new to taking supplements. I bought N.O. Xplode and some GNC brand Creatine, are those good supplements to start with?

Are there any (supplements) that you would recommend (and what purpose do they serve?) I'm not trying to gain weight just get stronger. Also if you have any tips on maximizing my time in the gym please let me know. thanks.
    Dear Frotsmud,

if you wish to grow up big and strong llike TF, you dont need now supplements or steroids. TF goes NUTS. Just eat 10lbs of raw meat, raw eggs and milk.

-TF
  12. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.99%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by stl123 View Post
    Easy. GREAT ADVICE man. This is exactly how I started out "dieting". Making gradual changes that turned into habit. It made the transition soo much easier.

The Talapia recipie sounds good with the exception of the Talapia ( I am not a big seafood fan ). I might try it and substitute a big ole chicken breast.
    Ever tried "blackened talapia"? It's pretty good stuff if you can find a resturaunt that makes it right. Changed my views altogether about fish and other creatures of the sea.

I like what most people have to say about the diet aspects of things. Making gradual changes is a great way to slowy ease your way into a process of behavioral change. Let's face it, a diet isn't a diet so much as it's a behavioral modification. I started out just switching cereals in High School. Went from eating fruity pebbles(RIP), to flax cereal.... and the process was on.

Once you get to a state in which you eat clean foods on a constant basis, it actually gets harder to cheat. Try eating clean for 2wks, and by clean I mean low sodium, moderate fat and moderate sugars. After two weeks, take you a trip to the Waffle House and have a grand waffle with all the syrup you can stand.

The physiological response I experienced from a similiar scenario really opened my eyes to how great healthy diet really is.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

13. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.3%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by t3stxlr4titud View Post
    Dear Frotsmud,

if you wish to grow up big and strong llike TF, you dont need now supplements or steroids. TF goes NUTS. Just eat 10lbs of raw meat, raw eggs and milk.

-TF
    wtf??
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.01%

Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    Ever tried "blackened talapia"? It's pretty good stuff if you can find a resturaunt that makes it right. Changed my views altogether about fish and other creatures of the sea.

I like what most people have to say about the diet aspects of things. Making gradual changes is a great way to slowy ease your way into a process of behavioral change. Let's face it, a diet isn't a diet so much as it's a behavioral modification. I started out just switching cereals in High School. Went from eating fruity pebbles(RIP), to flax cereal.... and the process was on.

Once you get to a state in which you eat clean foods on a constant basis, it actually gets harder to cheat. Try eating clean for 2wks, and by clean I mean low sodium, moderate fat and moderate sugars. After two weeks, take you a trip to the Waffle House and have a grand waffle with all the syrup you can stand.

The physiological response I experienced from a similiar scenario really opened my eyes to how great healthy diet really is.

You're def. right about all of that. I don't mind eating the "healthy" way at all. I guess I'm lucky in the way I never liked salty foods too much. The only thing I'll put salt on is a potato and even then its a little bit of sea salt. The way I like to eat is naturally healthy, most of the time anyway. Who doesn't like a cheesesteak every once in awhile or some good pizza. Unless you're a vegan. I was fat in my early years of puberty and I made a decision that I never wanted to be that way again. Now I can't gain weight when I want to. so after all those years of eating foods that are good for you it becomes second nature. And it's exactly what you said Grimace, behavior modification. Sorry i can't make your name out and I see your avy and that's what I think of. Is it something lead to greatness?
    but even still I like to enjoy some Fruity Pebbles every now and again just as much as the next guy. Or some Cap'n Crunch mmmmmm yummy.
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62%

yo

so i have taken your advice gotten my diet up to par (for some part). i have also stopped gettin so many supplements i have stuck to a protein powder and some glutamine. I have questions about the protein powder though. What is the best brand of protein powder that is on the market (by best i mean best value)?
  16. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

whatever you get cheapest per lb its hard to say for sure. There are sales that sometimes can take it down, like for instance in general i'd say All the Whey or Trueprotein (board sponsors) have some of the best pricing, but sometimes GNC or vitamin shoppe have a combination of coupons + sales that make a differences.
  17. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.05%

i'd check out All The Whey, good pricing and free shipping + i've never seen a bad review of their flavors

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-23-2010, 02:44 AM
  2. Fish Supplements Fish Supplements Are Not All Equal
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 01:25 PM
  3. Bodybuilding Supplements Vs Antiaging Supplements
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-13-2009, 09:52 AM
  4. Ed & Supplements