A couple creatine questions???

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
1. How long of a break should i be takeing? 6-8 weeks or is less ok?

2. What dosage you recommend?

3. Favorite creatine? should i stick with creatine mono or somthing such a kre aklaylin, and which product u recommend off nutraplanet?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1) I usually cycle off for 4-6 weeks
2) Dosage depends on the particular form of creatine, due to absorption usually. I do 2.5 grams pre and post workout usually.
3) If mono works then that great stick to it, if it bloats you or you do not find results look into some different forms like dicreatine malate etc. I am personally liking Green Magnitude at the moment and it is cheap and has quality ingredients

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
You don't actually have to cycle off creatine. If you do choose to, then 6-8 weeks is fine.

The dosage will depend on the type of creatine you use. For mono, I would do 5g a day, making sure to take it with fast carbs.

I like mono, but lots of people have had great experiences with GreenMAG, Clout and SizeON. Mono will give you just a good of gains and is much cheaper, but will make you somewhat suceptable to bloating.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^
Good advice also, many do not feel the need to cycle, i do just because i cycle everything. Also some good suggestions for other creatines there i loved all of those. But personally i feel if mono works there is not much need to use other creatines unless there are other ingredients added to the blend like the carbs in size-on and BA in clout etc.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't really cycle purposefully but do end up cycling :) just cause I take something for a while then stop at the end of a bottle.

I like ragnarok, neovar, vasopro/primal n20 and NOS ether. they are all more than just a creatine

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
ya i just cycle it because i have heard that your body needs a break because your prettym uch wasting it if you dont cycle because your body wont be absorbing as much but i could be wrong.

When you say bloating what do you mean like storing water?

I have tooken cellucor m5 and it was kre akalayn and i got lots of compliments that i was getting bigger when i took that and the monohydrate was when i first started lifting so i am not sure, but i didn't know what i was doing on the mono and i got massive cramps because i didn't drink near enough water, now i have a lot more knowlegde on that you know the saying you learn from your mistakes well i did. lol.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
hmm well its been about 4 weeks off maybe i should be back on it, creatine is god lol.

rhynoflex

Awards
Micrnoized Creatine No flavor and mix it in Gatorade! And inject it straight in your ass! lolol no but micronized creatine absorbs easily and get a plain flavor and mix it with gatorade....AST-SS makes a great one.

LIGHTWEIGHT BABY!

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
out of the ones you listed what do you recommend for me i am stacking it with RPM and all the other things people should take (multi vitmain(now adam), Now Fish Oil, and Whey protein)

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
Micrnoized Creatine No flavor and mix it in Gatorade! And inject it straight in your ass! lolol no but micronized creatine absorbs easily and get a plain flavor and mix it with gatorade....AST-SS makes a great one.

LIGHTWEIGHT BABY!

ahah lightweight! ronnie colmeman

i am not concerened about flavor at all, i drink vanilla whey protein, mixed with olive oil and water for my keto diet and it taste like **** but its good for my diet some yummy!

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
At your age (or any age for that matter) Beta alanine is a good option. Try and stick to aminos.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
really your best bet would be to email/pm reps of the different companies and ask for samples. I know MST will send samples of ragnarok, and scivation will send samples of vasopro. I dont think at the current time we're sending out neovar samples, and I'm pretty sure chuck doesn't have NOS Ether samples (so you'd have to buy that one on faith, but it does rock)

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
allright thanks man EASYEJL your awesome you always know everything lol. thanks everyone i deffinately going to use alll of your advice on my next purchase.

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
awesome thread considering i am looking for a creatine my self good luck josh

7th

Awards
has anyone tried taking less than 5 grams/day? 3 or so? too see if results are any different? I've known people to have kidney problems though they were probably mega dosing. Still I'm curious if 5 grams is the minimum to get good results

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
allright thanks man EASYEJL your awesome you always know everything lol. thanks everyone i deffinately going to use alll of your advice on my next purchase.
easy is the man, over 13,000 posts in less than a year. whoa L:rofl:L.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
All good advice. I don't really cycle creatine but I end up taking some time off between orders. Start with mono and work your way from there.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
All good advice. I don't really cycle creatine but I end up taking some time off between orders. Start with mono and work your way from there.
how do you supplement creatine jminis?

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I take cell tech 4 times a day:D

I use Mono 3g/day. I heat 1/4 cup of water in the microwave then put the creatine in and completely dissolve it, then add orange juice.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I take cell tech 4 times a day:D

I use Mono 3g/day. I heat 1/4 cup of water in the microwave then put the creatine in and completely dissolve it, then add orange juice.
when do you usually take it? nice tip on the heating it up.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
when do you usually take it? nice tip on the heating it up.
Sometimes I take it before and sometimes after a workout. I never take it both. So far haven't noticed a bit of difference either way. As for heating the water I know quite a few who do it, it really helps dissolve the creatine as to avoid any stomach discomfort. I usually add OJ to it and chug it.

Note if your buying mircronized you probably don't need to do this step.

rugrat5288

Awards
I have had great luck with storm and also neovar.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use Mono 3g/day. I heat 1/4 cup of water in the microwave then put the creatine in and completely dissolve it,...
USPLabs also suggested the heating approach, saying it would make the monohydrate substantially more user-friendly for negative responders, as it would then be comparable to (or even much better than) micronized creatine.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
USPLabs also suggested the heating approach, saying it would make the monohydrate substantially more user-friendly for negative responders, as it would then be comparable to (or even much better than) micronized creatine.
I saw where Jacob said that and he's right on the money. It helps dissolve the powder so no stomach issues and no gritty liquid being poured down your throat. ALR gave me the idea 2-3 years ago when he used to be on the boards a little more.

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
I saw where Jacob said that and he's right on the money. It helps dissolve the powder so no stomach issues and no gritty liquid being poured down your throat. ALR gave me the idea 2-3 years ago when he used to be on the boards a little more.

allright i might give that a shot with my mono, good i drink that with lets say coffee? or my microwave is broken, maybe i can just heat some water on the stove.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
It will work either way not sure how it would taste with coffee though. I mix with juice to get the sugars with it (insulin spike).

j0sh710

j0sh710

Awards
  • Established
ya good idea, do u take it pre or post workout?

i need some juice now i pretty much stopped buying juice because i just drink water but now i need to buy a bottle for that.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes I take it pre sometimes post. I don't believe it matters much. For someone your age creatine mono, protein, and lots of food are your best friend. All are fairly inexspensive and should be all you need for the next 5 years.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have not tried the heating approach yet. As a negative monohydrate responder, it just might be the solution!

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
I have not tried the heating approach yet. As a negative monohydrate responder, it just might be the solution!
thats interesting....can any non responders attest to this???
i stoped taking mono. it doesnt do anything for me. and ive also tried green mag. still nothing. and yes im drinkin tons of water. guess im a non responder to

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Give it a try fella's it might just work for ya. I usually put about 1/2cup of water in a mug heat for 60-70seconds then dump about 3g's of creatine in swish it around and it completely dissolves. Then add juice and whoila.

Reverin

Reverin

Awards
Creatine w/H20 and OJ? I think thats your stomach problem there ;) hehe

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
Give it a try fella's it might just work for ya. I usually put about 1/2cup of water in a mug heat for 60-70seconds then dump about 3g's of creatine in swish it around and it completely dissolves. Then add juice and whoila.
whala-70 second CeLl-TeCh

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
i tried it. put 4 oz of water in the mico for 60 secs, then put a 5g of mono in it, stired it for a few secs...and it completly dissolved. dont know if im gonna respond to it now, but it did dissolve were before, it wouldnt disolve completely. it would just sit at the bottom

Reverin

Reverin

Awards
so no known situations where the heat conducted by the water hurts the CM? That would be a interesting study to do =-)

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
so no known situations where the heat conducted by the water hurts the CM? That would be a interesting study to do =-)
i dont think it should. just speeds up the process of it dissolving. making the CM molecules move faster. why would that hurt it

Reverin

Reverin

Awards
well dissolving doesnt always mean faster process, CM could be heat sensitive which can hurt or even destroy molecules of CM. Ill go look it up =-)

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
if i am taking creatine and i wanna start taking a NO product should i stop taking creatine?

Sniper1088

Sniper1088

Awards
Con-Cret worked fairly well for me. Not much in the strength department but endurance went way up while recovery time dropped drastically. I used to take a half a teaspoon of Con-Cret and 1.5-2g's beta alanine pre workout and would get awesome pumps.

Don't buy it from GNC though...rip off!

Sniper1088

Sniper1088

Awards
if i am taking creatine and i wanna start taking a NO product should i stop taking creatine?
No need to stop taking creatine. It makes for quite a potent stack, and great in my case (CM, AAKG, Cellmass). Just ensure you're drinking plenty of agua or you can get some hellafide cramps!:nutkick:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thats interesting....can any non responders attest to this???
i stoped taking mono. it doesnt do anything for me. and ive also tried green mag. still nothing. and yes im drinkin tons of water. guess im a non responder too
I am a negative responder. Worse than a non responder! :D

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established

It won't hurt the creatine. How do I know this? Because I've been doing it this way for years and I get great results with Creatine mono. I go off for a few weeks then I hop back on and bam strength soars and so does the scale. Proof is in the pudding.

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
No need to stop taking creatine. It makes for quite a potent stack, and great in my case (CM, AAKG, Cellmass). Just ensure you're drinking plenty of agua or you can get some hellafide cramps!:nutkick:
Thats all I needed to know so keep the cm add aakg and I'm good? Also whats a good/cheap supp on nutra to get my aakg