Aspire36 Voluntary Recall

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Aspire36 Voluntary Recall

In cooperation with the FDA, Palo Alto Labs is issuing a voluntary recall for Aspire36.

As I have posted in other threads, we have countless tests showing that Aspire36 is clear of all active prescription PDE-5 inhibitors; we’ve also tested for all known analogs of prescription PDE-5 inhibitors. All of our tests repeatedly came back negative.

According to the FDA, Aspire36 contains trace amounts of Aildenafil and Dimethyl sildenafil thione (sulfoaildenafil). I will post our initial lab analysis from 4/19/2007, months before Aspire36 even went on the market, which shows NEGATIVE for Dimethylsidenafil.

While Dimethyl sildenafil thoine is an analog of sildenafil, it is our understanding that this compound was not discovered as a sildenafil analog until around September or October. This would indicate why our initial and subsequent lab analysis came back negative. We have contacted the 3 labs that we regularly use for testing, none of which were aware of this analog, and therefore did not test in accordance.

We have limited knowledge and/or information in regards to Aildenafil, as it is not an analog of sildenafil, and not a compound that had been recommended to test for, as it remains unknown.

We test EVERY batch of Aspire36 for actives and known analogs, since these have always returned negative, we have recently (2/20/08) submitted Aspire36 to yet another lab for further testing. We have yet to receive the results of this analysis, but we will post the results once they are available to us.

We are currently actively working with the FDA to ensure this action will be handled appropriately.

This notice will be publicly available on the FDA’s website within the next few days. I felt that it was in PAL’s best interest to publicly announce this to our loyal forum supporters, rather than waiting for someone to discover the FDA notice.

Thank you

Dave

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
We'll still be able to purchase Aspire36 and Aspire Lite from NP, won't we!?

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
We will destroy any and all product in current warehouse inventory.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dave - Is this for good, or will the problem be addressed and more put out on the market?

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Dave - Is this for good, or will the problem be addressed and more put out on the market?
As it stands right now, the product is discontinued.
We have lawyers working along with us regarding this, but I cannot comment in regards to the future until we know more information.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I understand... Hopefully everything gets worked out in your favor. Good luck man!

As it stands right now, the product is discontinued.
We have lawyers working along with us regarding this, but I cannot comment in regards to the future until we know more information.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I bought 3 bottles and use it sparingly.

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
It's a sad day for men, the world over. Aspire is/was the best product of its kind, ever.

mikinTx

Have to agree with nightfly on this one... it's a great product!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
dave, as usual you are upfront and straight with your customers. i have nothing but respect for you and your company. however this turns out you have set the bar very high. i feel your pain, my friend. i know this was your baby.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
dave, as usual you are upfront and straight with your customers. i have nothing but respect for you and your company. however this turns out you have set the bar very high. i feel your pain, my friend. i know this was your baby.
appreciate the kind words T...

as you can imagine.. i havent slept much this week

Matt Skiba

Matt Skiba

Awards
I couldn't help but notice aspire lite wasn't mentioned in this thread, not only that but it is the only aspire still available at nutraplanet.

So is all of this going to be affecting aspire lite as well?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hmm well, its not DSHEA compliant I don't think. so maybe sort of right there.

that blows.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Scary!

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
cant wait to see what they say about Reset AD
Time to start stocking up on various supplements. I wouldn't be surprised if they start a new list of banned substances. Could be a new goal for 2008.

Yeah I dunno about Reset AD.

I would not be surprised about Pregnenlone and DHEA that those will not be hit up next. There is a good chance it very well could be.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bovine adrenal tissue, thats a hanging offense!

They better not fck with my reset ad.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pregnenlone and DHEA is next.
This is probably just the beginning. Reminds me of a thread a few weeks ago on this forum about the FDA and what they do in the supposed "interest" of consumers versus protecting big pharma!

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
Big Brother, LLC (read FDA). is now offering value added babysitting for all U.S. citizens. No need for payment arrangements as tax dollars are already picking up that tab. Paternalistic government at it's finest.

Last edited:
EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, they are just enforcing existing laws. yohimbe is DSHEA compliant, yohimbine HCL i don't think is. can't sell it as or in a "supplement" if its not DSHEA compliant. like say for instance most any of the designer androgens.

I am not a lawyer, so take what I say with a grain of salt. A bigass grain of salt.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh I agree, i'm not saying I like it at all. it really sucks actually.

I can do 25mg of yohimbine hcl and not have it bother me but a little bit of regular yohimbe makes me a little bleh feeling.

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
They might as well say that vitamin c isn't legal, since it's been extracted from oranges and the like, not naturally occuring by itslf, outside of food sources.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think the issue is that the yohimbine hcl is synthesized not extracted.

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
Does that mean ester-c is also non-compliant, since it's been altered?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
sure we could reformulate leviathan with yohimbe but im somewhat convinced that it would not perform
I second this conviction. Leviathan with yohimbe would also be prone to different sides!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't recall how that DSHEA works. its such long and dry reading. I think even modifications are ok, assuming its all showable to be food source. Really even extractions can be viewed as a modification of sorts. I dunno really

SFRANGER

SFRANGER

Awards
A special message for the FDA - F*** You. And NO I won't be sending you what's left of my Aspire. And I'm drinking Yohimbine HCL out of a gallon jug as I type this.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
This is so stupid. Anyone else find it a little strange that all the sudden the FDA "found" something in the best nonprescription sexual enhancer on the market???

Even of they found moose head particles in Aspire36, PAL is still one of, if not THE best companies out there IMO. My sympathies to you PAL's!

Saurabh

Awards
I was thinking of trying this out but stayed away due to the cost. I suppose I would never know now. Appreciate your candour Mr Rep though. Good on you and PAL.

I dont think it would but just to get it from Horse's mouth do you think this would affect any other product? I am most interested in Leviathan and Incarnate.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So, is there no opportunity for you to liquidate inventory, ala' a fire sale? I'll buy.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just wait until Zombie finds this out... He's going to be upset to say the least!

Saurabh

Awards
So, is there no opportunity for you to liquidate inventory, ala' a fire sale? I'll buy.
Wont that be illegal?

This is such a mess. FDA needs to get its $hit together. What good does it do if Aspire doesnt get sold legally but is available at a much lesser price by shady dealers? Plus of course it begs the question why is Aspire illegal in the first place?

Maybe because it works! Have heard some real good stuff about this product. Alas never used it.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
This is the posting of our initial 4/19/2007 (prior to Aspire36 release) that shows we tested for all known analogs

The chemicals that the FDA is indicating are active in the product were not identified as actives or analogs at test date.

Attachments

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
This would be highly illegal and land people here in jail... sorry not worth it!

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This would be highly illegal and land people here in jail... sorry not worth it!
No, I wasn't suggesting anyone do anything shady (really); but since the recall was described as voluntary - I didn't know the extent to which there might be some flexibility.

According to their website, NP is out.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Guys, for legal reasons, the PAL owner's have asked me not to comment any further.

We have further analysis from other labs which is more current, but I will leave the discussion at this point.

We do accept full blame for the situation...

edit: When you import a new material there is risk...and we feel we have always been a stand up company..and tested the raw material to the best of our ability. Some times it doesnt work out!!

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I'm gonna miss my Aspire36!

Last edited:
matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Jeez... I fight and get wounded for a country that won't even let be get a boner in peace! WTF?

Thankfully, I have several bottles and will be getting atleast 2 more for fun times.

I remember about 2 years ago a product called Nastura came out. I tried it and WHAM, it had to be illegal! Next thing I know, it was pulled from the market because the makers of one of the ED drugs sued them. Weird.

Well Chuck, looks like COQ may go up in sales with Aspire going away. I'm not knocking COQ, I like it. Two totally different enhancers, IMO.

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
Utterly ridiculous. The FDA is just pushing the envelope of their authority to see how much they can bully. I seriously hope PAL fights this in court and wins.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
with each ban, the black market becomes even more tempting for people, leading to increased black market sales, exactly what the government wants to stop right? Idiotic, they are contributing the the failure of "The War On Drugs".

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
They'll be forcing ppl. to open rat testing facilities, to see what else might work as well as the products they keep banning.

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
Just wait until Zombie finds this out... He's going to be upset to say the least!
hahaha well i already email, called some of my friends that ask me to orther aspire for them in the past, they are sad but let see how many bottles they want.

1 question for Dave, can aspire this be freezed :lol:? ? ?

its a legit question