ON Whey Protein

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
I know that some protein powders can "upset" your digestion for a few days while your body gets adjusted, but I am having some trouble with ON Whey. I tried the product for about two weeks, but I had to give up on it. Ingesting even one scoop of this stuff is akin to drinking water from a dirty hose in Tijuana if you know what I mean. It is like my body just cannot digest it.

I have taken many different kinds of protein over the years and never had trouble like this before. Has anyone else ever had an experience like this? And if so what can I do other than write off the $40 that I paid for the stuff?

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Are you taking any other types of protein at the moment? Are you taking it in with milk or with water? Do you feel the same problems if you have a glass of milk by itself?

My first guess would be lactose intolerance. Does your family have a history of it? Also have you recently had the flew or a similar illness (sometimes you small intestine will slow/stop production of lactase for a little bit following a illness.)

Other than that is this your first time using ON?

If you have to give it up I would contact ON and see if they can help you out (I'm sure they will try there best to refund it or give you another product.)

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
Are you taking any other types of protein at the moment? Are you taking it in with milk or with water? Do you feel the same problems if you have a glass of milk by itself?

My first guess would be lactose intolerance. Does your family have a history of it? Also have you recently had the flew or a similar illness (sometimes you small intestine will slow/stop production of lactase for a little bit following a illness.)

Other than that is this your first time using ON?

If you have to give it up I would contact ON and see if they can help you out (I'm sure they will try there best to refund it or give you another product.)
Thanks for your reply.

I generally take the ON with water, but I have taken it with 2% milk as well.

Yes, I am taking another protein at the moment. I was taking Muscle Milk before bedtime and the ON Whey post workout. The Muscle Milk doesn't give me any trouble, but the ON does.

Now I did recently have the flu, but I have been over it for about 10 days now.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Do you go to sleep directly after taking the Muscle Milk (are you in bed before the onset of the symptoms could come on?) If your taking Muscle Milk I wouldn't believe it to be lactose intolerance.

The flu may have had sometime to do with it and you body may just be getting back to full bore. I would take 3-4 days off of the ON and then return to it and see how it goes, if its still bad then you may allergic or non tolerant of an ingredient unique to ON.

Also are you on any other supplements at the moment (or when you feel ill?)

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I've had good luck with CytoSport's Whey protein. It's supposed to be "instantized" or something for easy mixing and digestibility. So far so good for me. And cheap too.

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
not uncommon.. some people just dont react well to whey... you could just use egg protein in place.

i actually respond WAY better to egg than whey, they only reason i use whey is because i get it for free.

do you have problems with milk or cheese?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I know that some protein powders can "upset" your digestion for a few days while your body gets adjusted, but I am having some trouble with ON Whey. I tried the product for about two weeks, but I had to give up on it. Ingesting even one scoop of this stuff is akin to drinking water from a dirty hose in Tijuana if you know what I mean. It is like my body just cannot digest it.

I have taken many different kinds of protein over the years and never had trouble like this before. Has anyone else ever had an experience like this? And if so what can I do other than write off the $40 that I paid for the stuff?
that suprising me. i love the stuff. gold standard whey right?

dontknowaboutme

dontknowaboutme

Awards
I had just gone off ON Gold Standard for awhile, trying different proteins for the first time in years. Well, I recently bought a 5 pounder because I am a broke college student so I need 70+ servings haha. Sadly, I get crazy gas from ON. I had gas for years from ON protein and didn't mind but after going off it and trying other proteins it is going to suck to go through this bottle.

Nothing like sitting in class and having to hold in the giant gas bubbles building up. I will also add that I am by no means lactose intolerant, I drink anywhere from 1/2 to 1 whole gallon of 2% milk a day.

I recently picked up some Ultra Peptide 1.0 and 2.0. I tried Ultra Peptide in my time off and it is one of the best tasting proteins. Not to mention I got zero gas. Ultra Peptide is about the only protein my girlfriend can stand to drink.

If I have learned anything in my six years of supplement taking, it is cut costs where you can and buy quality products with what you save. For instance, screw trying the next big thing all of the time, pick up a quality protein first.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
ON has never bothered me. I have been taking it for a year or so I guess. Muscle Milk always gave me gas and I am in fact lactose intolerant (mildly). ON never gives me trouble. ON also makes a natural version for lactose intolerant people, but it tastes like cardboard.

bignels

Awards
I personally don't have any problem with ON Whey. I'm moving onto my second large tub. No gas problems either, as mentioned earlier.