Melt off belly fat and build muscle with CLA ethyl ester!

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

CLA ethyl ester is here!

Now you can take the proper ratio of CLA isomers, at an effective dose, at an affordable price!

CLA ethyl ester is a body recompositioning agent that can safely reduce body fat, while increasing lean muscle. Our CLA ethyl ester is Conjugated Linoleic Acid attached to an ethyl ester for increased palatability for oral dosing. Each bottle of CLA ethyl ester will last 30 days.

In a nut shell, CLA is the fat of champions, created to build us a better body, a better immune system, and better arterial health. CLA is a naturally occurring fatty acid, created by fermentative bacteria in the stomachs of various plant eating animals. It makes its way to our diet primarily from beef and dairy products. Since humans cannot produce CLA on their own, it must be taken through food. Unfortunately, most of today’s grain fed cattle, and conventional dairy has far less CLA than it did in the 60’s, thus leaving us with a less-than-optimal amount of CLA (about 300mg/day for the average dairy consuming American). Unless you have access to an endless supply of natural grass-fed beef and dairy, CLA supplementation should be a staple in your supplement regimen.

Dozens of human studies have confirmed CLA can significantly reduce body fat, while increasing lean muscle at the same time. CLA puts the triple attack on fatty tissue by killing fat cells, preventing new fat cells from being created, and preventing fat storage. At the same time, CLA helps increase protein retention for lean muscle growth. This means you can reduce flabby abdominal tissue, while simultaneously replacing it with hard dense muscle. Read more...

Our CLA stacks well with our other products -- Dermacrine, Sustain Alpha, Phyto-Testosterone, DermaTherm, and Tea-3.

Check out our Maximum Lean Mass Stacking Guidelines.

Remember, you can save $10 with your AM discount code. Just enter MVC10 into the promotional code fied during the final checkout page, or give us a call to place an order, and mention the discount - 1-800-568-2924 (Also, if you spend over $100 you get FREE 2-3 day shipping if your in the US)

Thank you.

-Pp

MattMiller

Awards
sounds interesting. i would like to hear some input on this from some other members, i might be adding this to the collection on my dresser

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
  • Reduce The Number of Fat Cells
- I thought , once a fat cell always a fat cell (adipocyte). In that, you can reduce the amount of fat (triaglycerol) stored in a "fat" cell, but the cell will always remain.

Or am I wrong on this? (or reading it wrong).

Aside from that - looks good, and we even get a discount.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
The Gods must be smiling. Could this be the "Butt-Be-Gone" I have searched for?

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I will definitely be using this durring my cut, is this coming to Nutra in the near future?

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
im looking for something to add to my fatloss stack and this could be it.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
idk if this is matters since its ethyl estered, but what isomer(is that the word im looking for?) would this cla be. I'm under the impression that the tonalin Cla is this kind used in the successful studies(not sure which isomer this is..). looks interesting though!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
- I thought , once a fat cell always a fat cell (adipocyte). In that, you can reduce the amount of fat (triaglycerol) stored in a "fat" cell, but the cell will always remain.

This caught my eye as well, would like to hear more about this aspect. If it kills fat cells then we are looking at a breakthrough of some sort.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This caught my eye as well, would like to hear more about this aspect. If it kills fat cells then we are looking at a breakthrough of some sort.
yea if they could prove it thatd be amazing...i believe its possible but i can't remember how, i believe matt of Designer supplements talked about some crazy injection that does it(which he said he def didnt recommend) if i remember correctly...neways who wouldnt want to get rid of some fat cells lol

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Its called adipocyte apoptosis, and TNF-a is the cytokine that leads to the dealth of fat cells. Fat cells constantly die and are recreated in the body, just like any other cell.

I think the whole saying of “you always have the same # of fat cells” is probably just incorrect high school anatomy jargon. I remember when my teacher used to tell us that we have the same number of muscle cells throughout our entire life too…

-Pp

Ninsha

Ninsha

Awards
My skepticism of the "fat cell destroying" line is also keeping me at bay from this product until there is some solid scientific backing...If there is one line of snake oil, the entire product may as well be...and by proxy, the company that sells it.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
My skepticism of the "fat cell destroying" line is also keeping me at bay from this product until there is some solid scientific backing...If there is one line of snake oil, the entire product may as well be...and by proxy, the company that sells it.
Here are a few reffs on the "fat cell destroying power" of CLA - (please see my last post)

Conjugated linoleic acid and obesity control: efficacy and mechanisms.
YW Wang and PJ Jones
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord, August 1, 2004; 28(8): 941-55.

Conjugated linoleic acid supplementation reduces adipose tissue by apoptosis and develops lipodystrophy in mice.
Tsuboyama-Kasaoka N, et al.
Diabetes 2000; 49: 1534–1542.

Tumor necrosis factor alpha induces apoptosis of human adipose cells.
Prins JB, et al.
Diabetes 1997; 46: 1939–1944.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
idk if this is matters since its ethyl estered, but what isomer(is that the word im looking for?) would this cla be. I'm under the impression that the tonalin Cla is this kind used in the successful studies(not sure which isomer this is..). looks interesting though!
Yes its very similar to the tonalin brand CLA –

41% cis-9, trans-11
40% trans-10, cis-12
6% Palmitic acid
2.3% Stearic acid
10% Oleic acid

So your getting the ideal 50/50 mix of the two active isomers.

-Pp

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
Its called adipocyte apoptosis, and TNF-a is the cytokine that leads to the dealth of fat cells. Fat cells constantly die and are recreated in the body, just like any other cell.

I think the whole saying of “you always have the same # of fat cells” is probably just incorrect high school anatomy jargon. I remember when my teacher used to tell us that we have the same number of muscle cells throughout our entire life too…

-Pp
True, true, I do agree that the fat cells do indeed undergo mitosis (cell division) , however dont the fat cells secrete TNF-a ? From what I remember from class, TNF-a (Tumor necrosis factor - correct me if im wrong) can reside in fat cells and make them resistant to insulin..... correct? It is also involved in the immume system response to inflamation - but I have yet to come across any college, or study that states that it destroys fat cells?

Please correct me if im wrong here, as I cant find my a&p book to refer to TNf-alpha.

EDIT: checking your references..... interesting stuff!

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

there's been some research linking CLA with adipocyte apoptosis.

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
Wow... now theres something i didnt know (reps for that)!

Think i'll buy the research paper on this, good stuff for class.

Going to get me a bottle or two for future use :D

Thanks for the study links PP

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes its very similar to the tonalin brand CLA –

41% cis-9, trans-11
40% trans-10, cis-12
6% Palmitic acid
2.3% Stearic acid
10% Oleic acid

So your getting the ideal 50/50 mix of the two active isomers.

-Pp
Arite NICE!! thats all i needed to kno so thank you very much and ill await the feedback and look into this when i cut later this year

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fat cell reduction would make this a ground breaking product, I have never heard that claim before. I really hope it works.

sjfou

Awards
Soon we'll be consuming whey ethyl ester, seems to be the latest buzz word in the industry... not saying the developments arent warrented - we'll have to see.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I will definitely be using this durring my cut, is this coming to Nutra in the near future?
We are the only supplier right now... no sign of other distrubutors selling this product for awhile.

-Pp

paulygon

paulygon

Awards
What can't you take this product with? I am about to start a cutting cycle and would like to know if I can replace or take this in conjunction with the rest of these supplements:

A. DCP
B. Levithan Reloaded
C. Drive
D. Fish Oil
E. Flax Seed Oil
F. Sesamin Oil
G. Max CLA
H. MVP- Multi
I. BCAAs
J. Beta Alanine

I would guess that i could get rid of the Max CLA right? and Just replace it with the EE CLA
Thanks

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What can't you take this product with? I am about to start a cutting cycle and would like to know if I can replace or take this in conjunction with the rest of these supplements:

A. DCP
B. Levithan Reloaded
C. Drive
D. Fish Oil
E. Flax Seed Oil
F. Sesamin Oil
G. Max CLA
H. MVP- Multi
I. BCAAs
J. Beta Alanine

I would guess that i could get rid of the Max CLA right? and Just replace it with the EE CLA
Thanks

Yes, you could do that, but if you already have the max CLA, more CLA still might be of benefit too. How much per serving anyway?

-Pp

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
One question I have is what is the effect of esterifying CLA?

Esterification is kinda a hit or miss with drugs. If I remember correctly, with the case of esterified EPA/DHA (that's right folks, they make prescription fish oil, called Lovaza), oral bioavailability actually decreases.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Esterification is kinda a hit or miss with drugs. If I remember correctly, with the case of esterified EPA/DHA (that's right folks, they make prescription fish oil, called Lovaza), oral bioavailability actually decreases.
The ethyl ester is there just for a taste improvement. One benefit to taking the CLA orally as an oil, is that it will have an expedited path to the lymphatic system through the buccal cavity and throat.

-Pp

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established

Don't know about the decreased bioavailbility but the EPA/DHA dosage per pill looks good

Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) ethyl ester: 465 mg
Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) ethyl ester: 375 mg

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
I'm torn between my distrust of CLA and my respect for Primordial Performance. Now I've got research to do..... damn it.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
I'm really glad I found this thread. It forced me to do a little more investigation into CLA. Thanks PP for providing your references. I really appreciate you not requiring us to just "take your word for it".

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established

Hey, by any chance do you have a link for this info, my dad is on this stuff and he pays a lot for it.

paulygon

paulygon

Awards
Yes, you could do that, but if you already have the max CLA, more CLA still might be of benefit too. How much per serving anyway?

-Pp
I haven't started the stack yet, I am still trying to get everything set with my diet, and also if this stack is actually decent. So I have no idea yet what my dose would be, however, do you think going with both would be worth it, or just go with the EE????

What is the recommended dose for CLA?

Basic question- Go with EE CLA, just plain CLA, or both?

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
So if the benefit is the taste, what is the benefit over a nicely priced CLA pill like nutra's in bulk?

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
So if the benefit is the taste, what is the benefit over a nicely priced CLA pill like nutra's in bulk?
I think he was referencing the taste improvement in EFAs, not CLA. In that same quote, he explains why it is better (no hate, I was confused at first).

Ninsha

Ninsha

Awards
I hate to be negative in a thread that seems to offer something positive. I want to believe that this product works, because like everyone else that has taken interest in it...I would love to have a product that had some great science backing it's claims...especially in the world of cutting fat. However, I am the king of playing Devil's Advocate, and this is what I found after reading the articles you supplied:

In your first reference, they state very clearly that "a number of human studies suggest that CLA supplementation has no effect on body weight and insulin sensetivity" it also goes on to say that "the effect of CLA on fat deposition are marginal and more equivocal as compared to the results observed in animal studies." He goes on to explain that the results in mice were extremely positive, while the results in Pigs were inconsistent, and the results in humans were marginal

The comments of the first study invalidate the value of the second study, as it is already known that the effect on mice is significant, while the effect on humans is marginal.

If I understand the 3rd reference correctly, they cut out adipose tissue and injected it with TNF-A. However the study just says that "varying concentrations" of TNF-A were applied for up to 24 h. If I understand this correctly, this study was not done on a living human, it was done completely outside the environment of the body, and we have no idea what level of success "varying concentrations" yielded, and for what portion of 24 hours they had to be exposed to get that yield of 5-25%, the bottom end of which is near to the control culture...it just doesn't seem like a very well documented study...but maybe I'm missing something.

Last edited:
Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
I hate to be negative in a thread that seems to offer something positive. I want to believe that this product works, because like everyone else that has taken interest in it...I would love to have a product that had some great science backing it's claims...especially in the world of cutting fat. However, I am the king of playing Devil's Advocate, and this is what I found after reading the articles you supplied:

In your first reference, they state very clearly that "a number of human studies suggest that CLA supplementation has no effect on body weight and insulin sensetivity" it also goes on to say that "the effect of CLA on fat deposition are marginal and more equivocal as compared to the results observed in animal studies." He goes on to explain that the results in mice were extremely positive, while the results in Pigs were inconsistent, and the results in humans were marginal

The comments of the first study invalidate the value of the second study, as it is already known that the effect on mice is significant, while the effect on humans is marginal.

If I understand the 3rd reference correctly, they cut out adipose tissue and injected it with TNF-A. However the study just says that "varying concentrations" of TNF-A were applied for up to 24 h. If I understand this correctly, this study was not done on a living human, it was done completely outside the environment of the body, and we have no idea what level of success "varying concentrations" yielded, and for what portion of 24 hours they had to be exposed to get that yield of 5-25%, the bottom end of which is near to the control culture...it just doesn't seem like a very well documented study...but maybe I'm missing something.
I appreciate the devil's advocate more than anyone, it keeps us all in check. With the first reference, I believe that when they said it showed no effect on body weight or insulin sensitivity, they were pointing out that inactive CLA was being used.

Your point about the 3rd reference might be valid, however.

paulygon

paulygon

Awards

A. DCP
B. Levithan Reloaded
C. Drive
D. Fish Oil
E. Flax Seed Oil
F. Sesamin Oil
G. Max CLA
H. MVP- Multi
I. BCAAs
J. Beta Alanine

Or should I take both the regular CLA, and the EE CLA? Also what do you recommend for doses with both the CLA and the EE CLA? I haven't started the stack yet and I want to know the dosage and the timing.

Thanks

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I think CLA is only shown to be very effective at 11g a day. I think Dsade did some messin with it and that was found to be a sweet spot.

I also have heard my entire life once a fat cell is created it can only be "emptied" per say.

Ill be sticking by though cause i also plan to cut in a few months and have never tried a Pp supp but have always heard good things.

paulygon

paulygon

Awards
Pp supp? Sorry i am new and not up on the lingo.

Also what is the timing of the 11grams? How do you space it throughout the day?

Ninsha

Ninsha

Awards
Pp = Primordial Performance. The name of the supp company :)

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
I think he was referencing the taste improvement in EFAs, not CLA. In that same quote, he explains why it is better (no hate, I was confused at first).
Yeah I guess I worded that bad. It sounds like it will get into the body faster. But is the speed at which it gets there even important? If, like the EPA/DHA it is less bioavailable than I would rather take my pills.

paulygon

paulygon

Awards
So what does everyone think so far? I mean I have read through the posts and it seems that everyone is going to at least try this product. Do you think it is work cutting out regular Max CLA, and going only with the CLA EE? Or do you think they can be taken together?

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I guess I worded that bad. It sounds like it will get into the body faster. But is the speed at which it gets there even important? If, like the EPA/DHA it is less bioavailable than I would rather take my pills.

Actually, I was wrong. He did mean that the ethyl ester was mainly to make the CLA more palpable. It may have the other afore mentioned benefits, but this is the main reason.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Now ninsha, you can’t be a devil advocate until you read all 30 references. ;-)

Seriously though, there is so much research on CLA that you really have to look at a variety of studies before making an concise decision. If you exmine all reaserach you will find that CLA does infact have a positive impact on body composition in humans. The point of the first reference was an evaluation of over 18 human studies with CLA, and this is a quote directly from their summery -

“In our analyses, we were able to focus the studies to show that CLA does indeed cause a modest, but significant reduction in fat loss of about 0.09 kg/wk relative to subjects in placebo groups. Although this effect is seemingly of little consequence, it is larger than and in the opposite direction to the current trend for Americans to gain an average of 0.4 kg total weight each year.”

From – (BTW, I could not find your qoute in this reff)

Efficacy of conjugated linoleic acid for reducing fat mass: a meta-analysis in humans
Leah D Whigham, Abigail C Watras, and Dale A Schoeller
Am. J. Clinical Nutrition, May 2007; 85: 1203 - 1211.

Plus, all the claims that are made in our product write up are backed by legitimate studies that have been done with humans that show 4-5lbs of fat loss without any changes in diet or exercise. These results are quite significant in the human research world. Just a few -

Conjugated linoleic acid reduces body fat and prevents seasonal weight gain among overweight adults
Abigail C Watras, et al.
FASEB J, Mar 2006; 20: A582

Conjugated linoleic acid supplementation for 1 y reduces body fat mass in healthy overweight humans.
Gaullier JM, et al.
Am J Clin Nutr 2004;79:1118 –25

Conjugated Linoleic Acid Reduces Body Fat Mass in Overweight and Obese Humans
Henrietta Blankson, et al.
J. Nutr., Dec 2000; 130: 2943 – 2948

-Pp

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I haven't started the stack yet, I am still trying to get everything set with my diet, and also if this stack is actually decent. So I have no idea yet what my dose would be, however, do you think going with both would be worth it, or just go with the EE????

What is the recommended dose for CLA?

Basic question- Go with EE CLA, just plain CLA, or both?
I was saying that if you already purchased the max CLA then just use it. If not, then the CLA ethyl ester may be a more ecomonical choice, both for you and our local AM economy.

Anecdotal reports tell us that there is benefit from going as high as 15 g/day for maximum fat loss with CLA but I would guess there would be a higher likely hood of side effects at that dose.

I personaly wouldnt go over 7 g/day (3 servings of CLA ethyl ester)

-Pp

diminuendo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
There is a huge thread from years ago over at avantlabs forum. From what I remember, the conjecture was that CLA acted through something other than TNF. After all fish oil seems to aid fat loss, and it suppresses TNF (alpha and beta I think) and several interleukins.

I have used CLA for quite some time, but never for a cut. As an endo/meso I find that they don't do much for a cut.

I do however swear by them on a bulk for minimizing fat gain. Anecdotal personal experience makes me think it up-regulates GLUT-4 transcription factors or something similar. I feel more extended muscle fullness after a carb-up with CLA on board and over time get less fat gain. Again, this is all ultimately based on ignorance and superstition for me, so take it with a grain of salt.

paulygon

paulygon

Awards
diminuendo, you would stick with just a plain Max CLA, or a bulk CLA instead of CLA EE?

How long have to taken CLA?

paulygon

paulygon

Awards
Also diminuendo, I am guessing that you took a pill form of CLA, what were your doses, and what was your timing?

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
Dinoii has some postings on the effective dosage for CLA, he suggested 12g of CLA for a 200lb individual and to run it for at least 8weeks (if memory serves right). Most posts I have read on it seem to indicate it is better on a bulk than a cut as it has great nutrient partitioning effects.

How much is the CLA dosage with the PP product?

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Dinoii has some postings on the effective dosage for CLA, he suggested 12g of CLA for a 200lb individual and to run it for at least 8weeks (if memory serves right). Most posts I have read on it seem to indicate it is better on a bulk than a cut as it has great nutrient partitioning effects.

How much is the CLA dosage with the PP product?
I would opt for a long-term moderate dose of CLA, as results continue get better for about 6 months before leveling off.

A moderate dose of CLA ethyl ester would be (2) 4ml servings everyday for about 4.5mg of active CLA isomer. This is an established clinically effective dose for body recomposition.