Weight gainer shakes-- straight to midsection

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
Ok, I've been trying to gain weight for awhile now, and finally have, but it seems to all go to my midsection! I am 5'9" and went from 135 to 150. I've been using optimum nutrition pro complex lean gainer with added coconut oil. My midsection isn't really fat, it's pretty hard (mild six pack), but it sticks out now. I do a lot of hanging ab crunches. Any suggestions to redistribute my gains elsewhere (arms, chest, quads)?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
When are you taking the weight gainer?

bignative22

Awards
How long did it take you to gain 15 pounds?

Could be gaining too fast (easy to do with high calorie shakes), could be your stomach getting stretching from extra food, could be crap ingredients in the weight gainer making you feel bad.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Ok, I've been trying to gain weight for awhile now, and finally have, but it seems to all go to my midsection! I am 5'9" and went from 135 to 150. I've been using optimum nutrition pro complex lean gainer with added coconut oil. My midsection isn't really fat, it's pretty hard (mild six pack), but it sticks out now. I do a lot of hanging ab crunches. Any suggestions to redistribute my gains elsewhere (arms, chest, quads)?
theres no way to distribute calories to specific parts of your body. thats a HUGE misconception that i have no idea where people get that from. most likely the weight gainer is adding on fat on you is because its full of unwanted sugar. if you want a weight gainer, make your own with blended oats,milk, natty peanut butter, whey protein. It's cheaper and probably not as harsh on the extra fat gains. If your trying to add proper mass, be prepared to lose your 6 pack. I just dont see how people can manage to hold a proper 6 pack and still bulk up. Its probably possible, just not naturally in my opinion.

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I like my belly, I rest on it when I squat and deadlift.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Is your stomach distended from bulking/food or is your whole midsection growing?

Stop doing hanging crunches or any 'direct' ab work.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
fat = excess calories.

while your intention is to consume a ton of calories to put on "mass", you need to be aware that muscle only builds at a certain rate. So if you consume an endless source of calories, lets say 1000 or 2000 over your maintenance calories for the day... not all of this can fuel your muscles... the leftover goes straight to the fat stores.

when bulking, you need to eat clean and monitor your calories just as you would when cutting.. or else you pack on fat.

you said you have more fat in your gut as opposed to under the skin (ie you can still see abs)... sounds like you are packing on 'visceral fat', which is stored around the organs in your internals.

you prob need a cleaner weight gainer, more cardio or exercise, and less cals

sbv

Awards
Any suggestions to redistribute my gains elsewhere (arms, chest, quads)?
lol... yes, how about lifting some heavy ass weight?
something about your post tells me that you're not part of the 1% at the gym that works out seriously...

FrankJ

Awards
  • Established
The only real way to quickly add 15lbs of pure muscle is by using steroids. If you want to do it naturally, increase your calories slowly, say by 200 ED, wait until weight gain stops, then increase again. 15lbs may take you 1-2 years naturally depending on your genetics.

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
Ok, thanks for the replies. So I need to eat better, make my own shakes, moderate the calories, and lift harder. I also have low T which I am working on. Once I get that back I should be able to lean out even more.