Lowering Blood Pressure

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Been running a blood pressure of around 130/95 recently and heard the following stack might be effective to help lower it before having to go to the doc for the prescription route:

Potassium - 400-500mg split up throughout the day.

Magnesium 500-mg before bed

Calcium-500mg 2 to 3 times a day with meals (but not with magnesium
before bed)

CoQ10 100mg daily

Celery seed extract 150-300mg daily.

Is the Potassium and Celery Seed Extract the most effective part of this stack or does the Magnesium, Calcium, and CoQ10 also play an effective role?

Also, if you were to start this stack today, how long typically would you need to allow before any noticeable change will likely occur?

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
What are your stats? Age, Height, weight?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
38yo, 215lbs, 6'1".
You might want to take a look at Life Support by Anabolic Innovations. It contains some useful compounds that produce noticeable results in this area. The blend includes Red Yeast Rice, Silymarin (milk thistle extract), NAC, Hawthron Berry, Saw Palmetto, Policosonol, Celery Seed Extract, Nettle Root, and Idebenone. Idebenone has many properties of Co-Q10 ubiquinone and has other cool benefits of its own.

Here is a useful thread:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/anabolic-innovations/80138-life-support.html

Other compounds that can also help reduce blood pressure include icariin, forskolin, and cocoa polyphenols, to name just those three.

luke1984

luke1984

Awards
  • Established
Ginseng is a pretty good adaptogen as well. It normalizes blood pressure. And as a bonus it supports sexual function.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Cycle Support/Life Support would be good for this. There are a few threads where some people stated that this lowered their BP dramatically.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
How would Life Support compare to something like the following:

before bed)

CoQ10 100mg daily

Cycle Support/Life Support would be good for this. There are a few threads where some people stated that this lowered their BP dramatically.

corndog

corndog

Awards
  • Established
why not just take a low does of lisinopril. its a cheap script. it would be cheaper than taking all those supps and at least you would know lisinopril would work where supplements hardly ever produce what they promise.

The G Train

The G Train

Awards
  • Established
fish oil, hawthorn berry extract, take time out to relax and lower stress, low sodium intake, stop smoking if you do.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Is lisinopril a typical medicine doctors prescribe to control blood pressure?

why not just take a low does of lisinopril. its a cheap script. it would be cheaper than taking all those supps and at least you would know lisinopril would work where supplements hardly ever produce what they promise.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

before bed)

CoQ10 100mg daily

I am sure it would work just as good. Might even save you some money depending what you are paying for the CoQ10.

corndog

corndog

Awards
  • Established
yes, lisinopril is a generic script for bp. i take it, its very cheap and it works. i know allot of people love supplements and want to take them for everything but i personally have no faith in supps. i take a multi, fish oil and zma but can honestly say i have never felt, seen any changes let alone had any changes in blood tests or checking bp

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
yes, lisinopril is a generic script for bp. i take it, its very cheap and it works. i know allot of people love supplements and want to take them for everything but i personally have no faith in supps. i take a multi, fish oil and zma but can honestly say i have never felt, seen any changes let alone had any changes in blood tests or checking bp
Life Support is just an all around great combination. You probably didn't see any changes in BP, because all you take is (whatever is above). Also, it looks like you put faith into scripts, which is just as bad if not worse really. Not trying to be an ass, just simply stating there are other ways before one starts taking a prescription based med. There are other remedies as well :)

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
isn't that used to treat ED?
As far as I know it is just another natty test booster. Most of them are used to treat ED in the first place. Some companies opt for other ingredients though. You could probably say any natty test booster has been used to treat ED or libido issues at some point in time lol.

corndog

corndog

Awards
  • Established
I am actually not a fan of scripts. I dont like taking anything but sometimes things require meds. I have high bp and im in great shape, workout, clean diet and still have high bp.

So in order to get it lower I agreed to take lisinopril. My problem with supplements is there is so much hype and promises and little results. I run with a pretty big crowed of bodybuilders and fitness people who have had similar lack of results from supplements.

Everyone has the right to their own opinion and try other methods. I would love to get off meds and take a couple of supplements and feel great but it doesnt happen.

I have been suckered into the whole fish oil or omega stuff and over a 2 year period nothing got better. Nothing changed with chol. trigliserides. bp, moods. im not saying its garbage just it didnt change anything for me. which means i am stupid because i still take it

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
As far as I know it is just another natty test booster. Most of them are used to treat ED in the first place. Some companies opt for other ingredients though. You could probably say any natty test booster has been used to treat ED or libido issues at some point in time lol.
I believe it has been shown to lower BP. Even RPM has been noted to lower BP by some users.

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
EDIT: I would first and foremost like to state that if things get out of control you should see your doctor.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

before bed)

CoQ10 100mg daily

Give this thread a read. I believe this was actually the inspiration for the naming of the capped version of Cycle Support.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/anabolic-innovations/53347-cycle-support-life.html

Cycle Support Ingredients per 2 scoops (there's RYR free version as well):

Red Yeast Rice 1200mg
Silymarin (milk thistle extract) 1000mg
NAC 1200mg
Hawthorne Berry 1000mg
Saw Palmetto 300mg
Policosonol 20mg
Celery Seed Extract 150mg
Nettle Root 250mg
Idebenone 100mg (Analogue of CoQ10 that, unlike CoQ10, is not a pro-oxidant...that's a good thing)

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I believe it has been shown to lower BP. Even RPM has been noted to lower BP by some users.
Wouldn't doubt it. Both Drive and RPM have Icariin in them anyway. Wouldn't be surprised of claims like these while stacking the two.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Been running a blood pressure of around 130/95 recently and heard the following stack might be effective to help lower it before having to go to the doc for the prescription route:

before bed)

CoQ10 100mg daily

Is the Potassium and Celery Seed Extract the most effective part of this stack or does the Magnesium, Calcium, and CoQ10 also play an effective role?

Also, if you were to start this stack today, how long typically would you need to allow before any noticeable change will likely occur?
That bp is really not too high.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
I agree; more borderline which is why if I can avoid a prescription on it, I thought it would be the better route to take.

Shouldn't Celery seed extract and Potassium alone have some impact?

corndog

corndog

Awards
  • Established
I am very interested in getting off my script of lisinopril and taking something else. I hate meds but know they are important.

My bp is still around 140/85 even on lisinopril

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree; more borderline which is why if I can avoid a prescription on it, I thought it would be the better route to take.

Shouldn't Celery seed extract and Potassium alone have some impact?

I don't know about that. I was put on medication for high bp a few months ago. Since then I increased cardio and lost a lot of fat. Now it is down and I have a new appointment at the end of Febuarary. I will be able to get it down even more so I can go off the medicaiton. Just do more cardio. Cut down on caffine. You have to remember the blood pressure varies a lot...It is higher at certain times of the day. It could also be a supplement you are taking thats raising your blood pressure.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It is barely stage 1 hypertension. I would see no reason to prescribe meds for this. The herbal route makes more sense to me in this case.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
I'm on this stuff right now.. It's really not bad for a bp med. It works well, and it doesn't make me tired, I really haven't noticed anything negative with this particular bp med... I've used toprol xl in the past; I hated it.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Had surgery last Friday and it kind of came up in the pre-op of it being kind of high which gave me the idea of monitoring it at home. As for supplements, I am not currently taking anything as I had to be off everything including fish oil due to the surgery.

I don't know about that. I was put on medication for high bp a few months ago. Since then I increased cardio and lost a lot of fat. Now it is down and I have a new appointment at the end of Febuarary. I will be able to get it down even more so I can go off the medicaiton. Just do more cardio. Cut down on caffine. You have to remember the blood pressure varies a lot...It is higher at certain times of the day. It could also be a supplement you are taking thats raising your blood pressure.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
What was your typical BP average before starting on it and what does it average now?

I'm on this stuff right now.. It's really not bad for a bp med. It works well, and it doesn't make me tired, I really haven't noticed anything negative with this particular bp med... I've used toprol xl in the past; I hated it.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Was anywhere from 140-150/80-90..

Now it's usually in the 120s/60-80s.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had surgery last Friday and it kind of came up in the pre-op of it being kind of high which gave me the idea of monitoring it at home. As for supplements, I am not currently taking anything as I had to be off everything including fish oil due to the surgery.
You could have just been nervous....

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
That was definitely the case then...it was average about 150/105 and think it shot to 172/110 just once.

They gave me a shot of something and it did very little to bring it down and then with the second shot it began to get into an acceptable range. The anesthetist was telling me for a bit they might had to have postponed the surgery if they couldn't get it down. Then I kept telling the idiot that his comments and talking to the nurses about it, all which I could hear, should wasn't helping it to come down at all.

Since yesterday morning and as of about 10 mins ago, I have been checking it with the BP monitor I bought and it has now averaged about 130/95 which isn't high, but slightly escalated.

Given that both of my parents have high blood pressure, not just elevated, something tells me alot of it is mainly due to my genes.

For those on lisinopril or other typical prescriptions for blood pressure, are you able to still take supplements such as DCP, Shred Hardcore, Lean Xtreme (was planning on my upcoming post-surgery stack) and use preworkout supplements like Ragnarok?

You could have just been nervous....

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That was definitely the case then...it was average about 150/105 and think it shot to 172/110 just once.

They gave me a shot of something and it did very little to bring it down and then with the second shot it began to get into an acceptable range. The anesthetist was telling me for a bit they might had to have postponed the surgery if they couldn't get it down. Then I kept telling the idiot that his comments and talking to the nurses about it, all which I could hear, should wasn't helping it to come down at all.

Since yesterday morning and as of about 10 mins ago, I have been checking it with the BP monitor I bought and it has now averaged about 130/95 which isn't high, but slightly escalated.

Given that both of my parents have high blood pressure, not just elevated, something tells me alot of it is mainly due to my genes.

For those on lisinopril or other typical prescriptions for blood pressure, are you able to still take supplements such as DCP, Shred Hardcore, Lean Xtreme (was planning on my upcoming post-surgery stack) and use preworkout supplements like Ragnarok?

I plan on getting mine down with diet and exercise before I use any stimulant type fat burners again. Cardio is becoming more important to me and my interest in weight lifting as I get older seems to be going away. In other words I would rather be weak, skiny and healthy rather than big and strong and ready to have a heart attack or stroke. I still lift, but cardio is much more important.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Definitely agree with you on that!:box:

Before my surgery I was really into lifting and did very little cardio. Once I am recovered and back in the gym, my focus is going to be cardio going forward with some weights on the side.

I plan on getting mine down with diet and exercise before I use any stimulant type fat burners again. Cardio is becoming more important to me and my interest in weight lifting as I get older seems to be going away. In other words I would rather be weak, skiny and healthy rather than big and strong and ready to have a heart attack or stroke. I still lift, but cardio is much more important.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am very interested in getting off my script of lisinopril and taking something else. I hate meds but know they are important.

My bp is still around 140/85 even on lisinopril
Wow, mine was 155/105 before and now on lisinopril its 118/76.......are you a heavy drinker/smoker. or under a ton of stress?

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

I still take stims and drink coffee...just fiinished a DCP?LVR cycle with no problems....20mg lisinopril ED

D

Don Corleone

Awards
What's everyone's dose of lisinopril? I'm on 10mg ED right now and my BP is still hovering around 140/80...24 y/o 232 lb. white male if that matters...my BP was 160/90-something when I went to the doc the first time. Been on the med for 2 weeks now...

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
I'm 10mg ED too.. BP usually sits around 120-130/60-80

But, I'm only 180lbs..

corndog

corndog

Awards
  • Established
10mg is standard starting point to see if that is enough to lower it. Lisinopril is a effective and clean med so unlike some of the others ed isnt much of a issue. Ive been on it for a couple years and never went above 10mg. Probalby will take up to 3 months to see how low it will get. 140/80 is fine. Even if it stays at that level your Dr. shouldnt increase dose or add anything.

corndog

corndog

Awards
  • Established
Lisinopril

10mg is standard starting point to see if that is enough to lower it. Lisinopril is a effective and clean med so unlike some of the others ed isnt much of a issue. Ive been on it for a couple years and never went above 10mg. Probalby will take up to 3 months to see how low it will get. 140/80 is fine. Even if it stays at that level your Dr. shouldnt increase dose or add anything.

M

Mass Hole

Awards
Try a garlic supplement 1 to 2 times a day. Eat oat bran, or oat meal every day/ or night. Take fish and flax seed oil. You can't go wrong with this stak, it will lower cholesterol and BP dramatically.

Good luck.

corndog

corndog

Awards
  • Established
I do all the above other than the garlic. I have added lots of fresh vegis lately and bp has been lower. Yesterday 122/82.

M

Mass Hole

Awards
That sounds about right. (120/ 80)

Also try switching to natural " sea salt" You need salt, but not that crap morton makes. Get the stuff thats mined in Utah, all natural and full of micro minerals your body needs and knows what to do with once you eat it. Can't say the same for the refined stuff.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Anyone on Triamterene-HCTZ (Dyrenium)? Is it essentially a water pill?

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
doc uppped my dosage to 20mgs per day... :(

badfish51581

badfish51581

Awards
  • Established
Anyone tried C12 peptide?
I've heard really good things about c-12 peptide and lowering blood pressure. I wonder if that ever could be an addition to Cycle Support. Probably jack up the price though...

Joe

Bovine casein hydrolysate (c12 Peptide) reduces blood pressure in prehypertensive subjects.Cadée JA, Chang CY, Chen CW, Huang CN, Chen SL, Wang CK.
DMV International, Veghel, The Netherlands.

BACKGROUND: About one in four adults suffer from prehypertension. People with prehypertension are at risk of developing hypertension, being a biomarker for cardiovascular disease risk. The use of milk-derived protein hydrolysates containing peptides with angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibiting properties may reduce blood pressure (BP) and thus the risk of developing hypertension. METHODS: We investigated the BP-lowering effect of a casein-derived protein hydrolysate (C12 Peptide) during a 4-week intervention period in prehypertensive subjects. After a 2-week run-in period, 48 Taiwanese volunteers were randomly assigned to either placebo or C12 Peptide tablets for 4 weeks, followed by a 2-week off-treatment period. After the run-in period, BP was measured weekly. RESULTS: Baseline values for systolic BP (mean +/- SEM) in the placebo and C12 Peptide groups were 137.1 +/- 3.1 and 137.9 +/- 2.4 mm Hg, respectively; those for diastolic BP were 85.2 +/- 2.1 and 86.9 +/- 2.0 mm Hg, respectively. Four weeks repeated daily intake of 3.8 g C12 Peptide reduced significantly systolic and diastolic BP by 10.7 +/- 1.6 mm Hg and 6.9 +/- 1.2 mm Hg, respectively, compared to baseline. Furthermore, plasma angiotensin II and aldosterone levels were reduced significantly (P < .05). The placebo group showed a BP reduction of 3.6 +/- 2.4 and 2.7 +/- 1.6 mm Hg in systolic and diastolic BP, respectively (P = not significant). No evidence of side effects was observed. CONCLUSIONS: This study shows that C12 Peptide reduces BP in prehypertensive people.

PMID: 17198904 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of casein protein hydrolysate (C12 peptide) in human essential hypertension.Townsend RR, McFadden CB, Ford V, Cadée JA.
Department of Medicine, Renal Electrolyte and Hypertension Division, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. [email protected]

BACKGROUND: Many patients seek complementary medicine treatments like neutraceuticals for common conditions such as hypertension. METHODS: We conducted a placebo-controlled prospective randomized crossover study in 10 hypertensive subjects to determine whether a single dose of a hydrolysate of bovine milk protein (designated C12 peptide; low and high dose), either alone or combined with alginic acid (low and high dose), reduced daytime blood pressure (BP), as determined by ambulatory BP monitoring. RESULTS: Within the five treatment regimens a significant reduction of 9.2 +/- 3.2 mm Hg in systolic BP at h 6 compared with h 2 occurred on the higher dose of alginic acid (1754 mg) combined with C12 (P = .02). The C12 peptide with the higher dose of alginic acid also showed a significant reduction of 6.0 +/- 2.0 mm Hg in diastolic BP at h 6 compared with h 2 (P = .015). CONCLUSIONS: These preliminary data are encouraging and deserve testing in a larger and longer treatment trial.

PMID: 15533734 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
How come they increased it? Sounded like you were right in line with the ideal range.
had a check-up this morning and bp was sittin at like 160/80... They checked it again and it was 170/90... I'm thinking, whitecoat syndrome along with my meds not lasting a full 24 hours (I haven't taken them today, I normally take them with lunch)..

Anyway, took it at home and it was still like 150/80.. So, I guess it's time to step things up a notch, lol.. 20mgs isn't unheard of though, so I guess I'm ok with it.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Were you ever on any kind of diuretic such as Triamterene-HCTZ (Dyrenium)?

Trying to get a sense of how effective they can be.

had a check-up this morning and bp was sittin at like 160/80... They checked it again and it was 170/90... I'm thinking, whitecoat syndrome along with my meds not lasting a full 24 hours (I haven't taken them today, I normally take them with lunch)..

Anyway, took it at home and it was still like 150/80.. So, I guess it's time to step things up a notch, lol.. 20mgs isn't unheard of though, so I guess I'm ok with it.