What do you mix your bulks with????

What do you mix your bulks with????

• Total voters
poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Im sure everyone has come across this same problem with most bulks..... THEY TASTE LIKE SH!!!!!T.

So what Kind of innovative ways have you guys come up with to mask the taste all the while not effecting the effeciency of the bulk or causing adverse reactions...... anyone whos taken a good dose of Creatine with Orange juice is sure to never make that mistake again.....

or do you guys just go the slightly more tedious but always effective route of capping all your bulks????

Multiple choices are available with this poll so please be specific what you do with what kind of bulks.... like id throw my creatine in some juice any day but no way in hell am i doing anything but capping cissus, AP(yellow gold), or icariin.....

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
also while on the subject anyone know if cranberry juice has too high an asorbic acid (or is it citric acid that is nasty:think:) content to be used with creatine????? ive experienced some slight discomfort using it but dont know if its the creatine or cause im taking it with AEE, CM and BA too......

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
crystal lite packets work fairly well for me, plus most are no more than 5 calories.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
I still haven't gotten around to using a capper and scales.
For powders, I've used the parachute technique with some sushi seaweed paper, or if it is something sour, like creatine I mix it in with some xtend or Man Octane for a pre-workout cocktail.

Some tasty ones I sprinkle on oatmeal (e.g. chocomine) hehe

But tbh, the really nasty tasting ones, I cannot bear to take them consistently. The benefits just aren't enough to make me gag everytime I think of them, so there are a lot of bulk powders just lying around in my house collecting dust, hehe nobody come over to nick them!!

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
Powder put on back of tongue. wash it down with a little crystal lite. As soon as you get it down pat you won't taste it at all.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
haha i just hold my nose and chug. cycle support+cissus+celadrin all bulk is the usual mix. i hate it hahah but i love it.

luke1984

luke1984

Awards
  • Established
I put my Leucine in water with creatine, and BCAA's with whey in water around my workout.
In the morning I scoop BCAA's into my mouth and chase it with water.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I use crystal light for most things. Fruit punch and iced tea are my new favorite flavors.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
so it seems crystal lite is a fav so far..... lets see some more....

and pudzian2, your just crazy man!!! what flavor cycle support do you have??? have PB and its great in a shake with some natty PB but no way would i put it straight in my mouth!!!

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Creatine, I just dump it in with my Swell or Xtend/Xcell. (mono & di-malate, no CEE garbage for me)

For the nasty stuff like Longjack, horny goat etc. I just mix in a shot glass with some water and chug, gag and make a face that only a mother could love.

Most things I get already capped like Cissus & PowerFULL.

babyblu

babyblu

Awards
  • Established
You can add bulk powder to bottle of olive oil and make a suspension. Removes some of the nasty flava!!

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Propel packets... or a little Cinnamon powder.

Or I just man up and down it.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
1 glass with powder/water, another glass full of water.

Drink first glass of mixture, then chug the glass of water immediately.

Make a funny face. Smile at your muscles. Be Strong :)

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Most anything can be mixed into xtend.

I avoid CEE and other bad tasting supplements.

All the worth while bulks that are too large to cap (Leucine, Creatine Mono, Beta Alanine, Citruline) don't taste bad, mix into xtend, mix into shakes, mix into almost anything...

Other **** like herbs, I cap.

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
A lot of things I cap, but of the things I don’t:
1) Coffee pretty much masks the taste of Whey, Creatine, BCAA’s, and acetyl-carnitine.
2) 8 oz of O.J. or Grapefruit juice and BCAA’s + 24 oz of water in a shaker bottle do pretty well, too, for a pre/during/post wo drink. I sometimes put a scoop of whey in this, too.
3) I prefer to cap my gaba, but when I don’t, I use reconstituted lemon juice in a 12 oz mug of water.

DB

nelix

Awards
  • Established
A lot of things I cap, but of the things I don’t:
1) Coffee pretty much masks the taste of Whey, Creatine, BCAA’s, and acetyl-carnitine.
2) 8 oz of O.J. or Grapefruit juice and BCAA’s + 24 oz of water in a shaker bottle do pretty well, too, for a pre/during/post wo drink. I sometimes put a scoop of whey in this, too.
3) I prefer to cap my gaba, but when I don’t, I use reconstituted lemon juice in a 12 oz mug of water.

DB
Coffee + Whey? No comment sir.
Coffee + BCAA or ALCAR = bitter/sower coffee, if you can't taste the difference, you need to stop buying such cheap arse coffee.

DevilSmack

DevilSmack

Awards
I mix my bulk powders that I take pre-workout with a sports drink. I don't mind the simple carbs because it's pre-work out and I drink some waxy maize with it too. I have been doing this for years and don't even think it's that nasty anymore.

Some things I cap. I love GlycerGrow but it does not dissolve worth crap so I cap it in size 000 caps and take 4 of them. I also cap chocamine.

If you want something with a strong taste to over-power the powder I would recomend V8 Fusion.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
After doing bulk Cissus and Yellow Gold no bulk powder phases me anymore. In fact I like drinking Citrulline Malate in about 10oz water :D so I know I'm weird

But if im making a custom mix that I need to sip on I always use crystal lite kills alot of bulk powders taste.
Citrulline Malate tastes good.

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
depending on what I'm using in bulk I either Cap Em Quick, or I mix with gatorade or gatorade powder

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
shoot it ftw

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
crystal light is really good for some things.. BCAAs are the only thing I use it with. As for bulk herbal powders though.. I usually wind up liking the taste, so I just down it, or savor it, then down it.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
You can add bulk powder to bottle of olive oil and make a suspension. Removes some of the nasty flava!!
What concentration do you recommend. I know this is popular with steroid powders but if it can be done on others items then even better ! What powdersdo you suspend in olive oil ? Thanks BB

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hmmmm considering honestly that most bulks (as far as i know it BA CM And CREATINE) are all absorbed by water... i wonder if putting it in a suspension will do anything as far as helping absorption or hinder it... does the powders you use usually go into solution (completely dissolve) or do they remain visibily suspended?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sugar free hawaiian punch grape singles :) covers everything.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hmmmmm sounds tasty!!! dont like crystal light all that much so maybe ill try this first!

babyblu

babyblu

Awards
  • Established
I'm a recovering alcoholic so I prefer suspensions over the alcohol-based solutions anyday. Just measure out 30-60ml-90ml (depending on how much powder you have) of Olive oil, measure out your bulk powder (lets say 360g), then pour the olive oil into your container and mark it on the side (that way you know where 30 or 60 or 90ml of oil hits) then pour the oil out, and add the powder, then pour the oil back in and stop when you hit the line marked. If you had originally poured 90ml out, then you will have:

360g in 90 ml = 4g/ml.

You need to do it in this manner to adjust for the volume that the bulk powder will take up in the suspension.

Also olive oil has its own flavor and will reduce the nastiness of many bulks. And of course you can flavor olive oil by seeping it with herbs or vegetables and then straining it. Maybe seep it with some garlic which might help improve cholesterol & bp?

I have done it with a couple of different bulks. Just depends on the bulk flava. Some will dissolve partially, some will not. Not really trying to 'dissolve' them since this is a suspension and not a solution. Key is to shake it up well. You can even add a marble or something like that to the bottle, to help stir up the suspension.

I guess if you wanted to dissolve the powder somewhat you might be able to use some vinegar and then add it to the oil; sounds like a salad dressing!!! Anyone want any Hidden Farm BCAA/CEE/Yellow Gold/Hawthorne Berry Italian salad dressing??

bb

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm a recovering alcoholic so I prefer suspensions over the alcohol-based solutions anyday. Just measure out 30-60ml-90ml (depending on how much powder you have) of Olive oil, measure out your bulk powder (lets say 360g), then pour the olive oil into your container and mark it on the side (that way you know where 30 or 60 or 90ml of oil hits) then pour the oil out, and add the powder, then pour the oil back in and stop when you hit the line marked. If you had originally poured 90ml out, then you will have:

360g in 90 ml = 4g/ml.

You need to do it in this manner to adjust for the volume that the bulk powder will take up in the suspension.

Also olive oil has its own flavor and will reduce the nastiness of many bulks. And of course you can flavor olive oil by seeping it with herbs or vegetables and then straining it. Maybe seep it with some garlic which might help improve cholesterol & bp?

I have done it with a couple of different bulks. Just depends on the bulk flava. Some will dissolve partially, some will not. Not really trying to 'dissolve' them since this is a suspension and not a solution. Key is to shake it up well. You can even add a marble or something like that to the bottle, to help stir up the suspension.

I guess if you wanted to dissolve the powder somewhat you might be able to use some vinegar and then add it to the oil; sounds like a salad dressing!!! Anyone want any Hidden Farm BCAA/CEE/Yellow Gold/Hawthorne Berry Italian salad dressing??

bb
LOL thats great! thanks for all the info man, sounds like a definate option.

SgtP

SgtP

Awards
  • Established
This is a recommendation I found a while back.

-Get a note card or some other similarly sized paper
-Scoop your powder onto the center of the card
-Get a mouthful of water(or any drink)
-Grab card by the edges and pinch together slightly to make it into a chute
-Use the chute to pour the powder into your mouth (try and get it all onto the fluid surface)
-Swallow in one big gulp

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
sugar free hawaiian punch grape singles :) covers everything.
Agree 100%. Just found those a few weeks ago - the best thing ever for bulk powders.

Great price for them also! A buck for 10 singles at Wal-mart.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Agree 100%. Just found those a few weeks ago - the best thing ever for bulk powders.

niiiiiiice ill be heading there today then :thumbsup:

whatastud08

whatastud08

Awards
  • Established

Agreed. Those are awesome. I just mixed in a pack of Lipton-to-go CranApple White Tea with some Swell and TriCreatine and it tastes awesome.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I discovered the Hawaiian Punch ones maybe a month or so ago. I used to get the Wal-mart version by the boat load - maybe 2 boxes per week.

I've gotten to the point where I can't drink just bottled water (or fountain water in a shaker cup) without one of those flavor packets.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i'm starting to wonder now about those tho, reading crap about PH levels, and the artificial sweeteners lower your ph instead. What a drag, its all really complicated the interaction of different things

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Throw it back/Parachute with milk or water!

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i'm starting to wonder now about those tho, reading crap about PH levels, and the artificial sweeteners lower your ph instead. What a drag, its all really complicated the interaction of different things
well if you consume alot of oats you actually run the risk of having extremely high PH i was told so something like this would just balance me back out.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont really eat that much oats tho, more whole grain breads and fruit. maybe I should start taking in more oats :)

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
y ai mix oats with almost every shake of mine, just blend it dry first then add the milk and protien powder. depending on wether or not ive jsut taken pslin i use anywhere from 1/2 cup to 1cup a shake.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Does suspending some of these powders in olive oil help with absorption at all? The tastes of these things don't bother me. I just chase them all with water. Right now, I'm using divanil, horny goat weed powder(20% icariin) and muira pauma. Put them in measuring spoons and down they go. But, does the olive oil help with absorption of these powders? And does it need to be extra virgin olive oil? I've got some bulk testofen on the way, and I'm wondering if the oil suspension helps with absorption? Anyone?

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
After the early days of trying to find any possible way to get down bulk CEE powder without the following "I think I'm going to die/hurl..." effect. I cap everything. Easy, convenient, and no mess.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
After the early days of trying to find any possible way to get down bulk CEE powder without the following "I think I'm going to die/hurl..." effect. I cap everything. Easy, convenient, and no mess.
It's not the taste or anything that bothers me. I was just wondering if an olive oil suspension will improve absorption of these powders? You know, make them more bio-available and effective? ANYONE?!!

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's not the taste or anything that bothers me. I was just wondering if an olive oil suspension will improve absorption of these powders? You know, make them more bio-available and effective? ANYONE?!!
you need to look at the compound itself... typically it will help most to a degree, but ones that are lipophilic will definately gain some protection and increased absorption from it.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
you need to look at the compound itself... typically it will help most to a degree, but ones that are lipophilic will definately gain some protection and increased absorption from it.
Poopy--- The compound I will be using is supposed to indeed be lipophilic (testofen in bulk powder). Primordial performance has just put out a fenotest phyto-testosterone product, that is fenusides (50%) in a lipophilic base. I guess this is supposed to be a better delivery system for the fenugreek extracts. I'm going to suspend my testofen powder in an extra virgin olive oil if someone doesn't tell me it's not advisable first. I think this will work though!

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
dont see why not, its the just one of the ways we discussed to take bulks earlier and the fact its lipophilic will just make it that much more benificial over masking taste alone..... also a few prohormones that have been released were put in propyl glycol solutions as well (same thing phyto test is in) specifically to increase absorption rates.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if I could have worked out how to get 1-t thp into solution in oil, it would have radically changed my current cycle :)

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
if I could have worked out how to get 1-t thp into solution in oil, it would have radically changed my current cycle :)
So EasyEJL--- Do you think my idea of suspending my testofen in the olive oil is a good thing to maybe increase the absorption rate. This is my main reasoning behind this, not to mask taste.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd have to really research testofen more to be able to guess. given that its a steroidal compound, i'm sure it can't hurt. just don't know how much difference it would be.

On the 1-t thp ether, it is roughly 5x more bioavailable when its in solution in oil. But that is specific to the thp ether molecule