Arichidonic Acid - Some Research

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
Arachidonic Acid - Some Research

I was researching this in google and came across some interesting stuff.

READ THIS NOTE BEFORE PROCEEDING: I AM NOT IN ANY WAY TRYING TO BASH X-FACTOR AS A PRODUCT OR MOLECULAR NUTRITION. I FIND THIS INFORMATION STARTLING AND I PRIMARILY POSTED THIS SO I COULD GET SOME ANSWERS FROM KNOWLEDGEABLE MEMBERS.

Arachidonic Acid

Arachidonic Acid Signals Prostate Cancer Cell Growth

Arachidonic Acid, analysis

^^^On the last link, regarding the first paragraph ONLY.

I don't want to copy paste the information, and I don't want to summarize for the sake of butchering what I'm trying to say. Please take a second out of your time to take a look at those links (the language is short and simple to understand and the articles are not long).

Is there substance to this? Are the excess amounts they're talking about ridiculous ones?

Discuss.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't have time to read it now, but I'm going to

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
Yeah definitely take some time to, it's not long medical journals or anything, it's pretty much to the point. C'mon AM, quit being so lazy.

I'm also gonna pm jjohn and redirect him here

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
1st of all, there are no amounts listed there. Excessive amount is definetly not 1 gram for 50 days. (which has been PROVEN safe and effective) Maybe 150 grams a day I'd say otherwise, but it's a question of balance.

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
thats what I was thinking... and of course, how much arachidonic acid is in your average t-bone steak? Surely the neighborhood carnivore who likes to grill out every night isn't at extreme risk for that multitude of diseases...

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
food for thought-- it can be looked at this way: maybe the guy using 1g a day for 50 days doesnt notice anything now or even a few years from now. Maybe the guy using 150g per day gets a problem within a year. BUT who is not to say that the guy using 1g for 50 days and doing this cycle often will not be at risk for something in the future.

I am a firm believer in "everything in moderation" (within reason of course), so I'm not saying I wouldn't ever take arachidonic acid for anabolic purposes, but i think there are safer more effective things available

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
food for thought-- it can be looked at this way: maybe the guy using 1g a day for 50 days doesnt notice anything now or even a few years from now. Maybe the guy using 150g per day gets a problem within a year. BUT who is not to say that the guy using 1g for 50 days and doing this cycle often will not be at risk for something in the future.

I am a firm believer in "everything in moderation" (within reason of course), so I'm not saying I wouldn't ever take arachidonic acid for anabolic purposes, but i think there are safer more effective things available
If this is your take on it, then it's fine, but everything so far indicate that a supplementation of 1 gram a day for 50 days is completely safe and effective. No changes in blood platelets, etc.. And as an added bonus, IL-6 reduction!

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If this is your take on it, then it's fine, but everything so far indicate that a supplementation of 1 gram a day for 50 days is completely safe and effective. No changes in blood platelets, etc.. And as an added bonus, IL-6 reduction!
What kind of results have you had from arachidonic acid thus far? (anabolic results)

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
My only deal is that AA may have the potential to create problems, it may not and is still a relatively new supplement.

However, if you really want to get down to safety, a lot of the supplements out there such as Superdrol, M1T, D-Bol, Drol, Halodrol, all these methylated orals wreck havok on your liver and body in general. None of these are found in any 'food' and are all synthetic mutated analogs of testosterone.

The same principle can be applied for both AA and methylated orals.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My only deal is that AA may have the potential to create problems, it may not and is still a relatively new supplement.

However, if you really want to get down to safety, a lot of the supplements out there such as Superdrol, M1T, D-Bol, Drol, Halodrol, all these methylated orals wreck havok on your liver and body in general. None of these are found in any 'food' and are all synthetic mutated analogs of testosterone.

The same principle can be applied for both AA and methylated orals.
yea its just funny how the ILLIGAL well researched steroids that have been around for a long time aren't arguably less toxic on average than all of these LEGAL alternatives that high school kids get their hands on. **** they're better off just running test.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
yea its just funny how the ILLIGAL well researched steroids that have been around for a long time aren't arguably less toxic on average than all of these LEGAL alternatives that high school kids get their hands on. **** they're better off just running test.
I've said this before and I'll say it again. No one should do orals ever. The cons out weight the pros. Deca, Test, Primo just stay with injectables. Do people think that injectables don't work or something ? It seems like everyone wants oral (haha, i opened up myself on this one).

All that b.s. that is out there, M1T, Superdrol, Mass Tabs, Sustevol, whatever is basically like rat poison and the side effects are greatly compounded higher with orals vs. injectables due to the delivery method.

Jet

Awards
  • Established
I've said this before and I'll say it again. No one should do orals ever. The cons out weight the pros. Deca, Test, Primo just stay with injectables. Do people think that injectables don't work or something ? It seems like everyone wants oral (haha, i opened up myself on this one).

All that b.s. that is out there, M1T, Superdrol, Mass Tabs, Sustevol, whatever is basically like rat poison and the side effects are greatly compounded higher with orals vs. injectables due to the delivery method.
I think there's just sort of a logic gap in the whole thought process. Needles seem "scarier," and like a much bigger step to take than just popping a few caps.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

you could argue the dangers of giving yourself a bad injection (air bubbles, dirty needle, dirty injection site, nasty inefections). As easy as it is to get proper instructions for proper injections, applying it correctly is another story. Plus, you can order orals from a very public and easy to access websites. No shady money orders to strangers on another continent and most people don't have "connects" to local dealers.

I think we all know injections are king for effectivess, no doubt there, but orals just have that unbeatable convenience factor.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I think there's just sort of a logic gap in the whole thought process. Needles seem "scarier," and like a much bigger step to take than just popping a few caps.
Yeah this is true about the needles.

However, when you compare intramuscular delivery vs. digestive tract you are comparing which will yield a higher bioavailablity/active as the cost of your health, which leans towards injectables.

I realize most ppl don't put that logic together and they just want to wash down some pills with water anyways. This would probably be a better alternative to Gregg Valentino as well.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
What kind of results have you had from arachidonic acid thus far? (anabolic results)
to bad you cant see the avatar jjohn had up when i first signed on am. it looks like hes put on 20 or so pounds since then. how about some before and after pics jjohn, that would be the highest endorsement you could give.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah this is true about the needles.

However, when you compare intramuscular delivery vs. digestive tract you are comparing which will yield a higher bioavailablity/active as the cost of your health, which leans towards injectables.

I realize most ppl don't put that logic together and they just want to wash down some pills with water anyways. This would probably be a better alternative to Gregg Valentino as well.
haha, I hate that guy, what a freak :toofunny:

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
to bad you cant see the avatar jjohn had up when i first signed on am. it looks like hes put on 20 or so pounds since then. how about some before and after pics jjohn, that would be the highest endorsement you could give.
yea that would be cool

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Man I gotta find these...

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
very impressive ! How many bottles of X-Factor have you used since you first started using it ?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
About 5 cycles.. I lost the cound though lol
Impressive pictures to ay the least Jjohn.what is the cound? and what other supplements have you used since May of them pictures?

How many calories are you taking in per day? how much P C and F's

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Impressive pictures to ay the least Jjohn.what is the cound? and what other supplements have you used since May of them pictures?

How many calories are you taking in per day? how much P C and F's
Thanks bud. I've used lots of supps, beta alanine, etc..

40-40-20, around 4300 cals. a day, clean diet 95% of the time, lots of dedication :D

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks bud. I've used lots of supps, beta alanine, etc..

40-40-20, around 4300 cals. a day, clean diet 95% of the time, lots of dedication :D
all natural since May?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice your getting thick keep up the dedicated work!

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
jjohn how long does your typical x-factor cycle last?

How long are you supposed to wait before you start another one?

nelix

Awards
  • Established

This applies not just to methyl's and x-factor. It applies to all supplements. Humans live a possible 100 years, most supplements we take have been around less than 20, in most cases less than 10. Long term side effects are unstudied.

Arachidonic acid has been around as long as humans have, we consume it all the time, athletes need more than others, food is more and more processed and farming methods mean that less and less good fatty acids are in our diet... So really, x-factor is logically one of the safest supplements currently on the market if used RESPONSIBLY. You don't eat 24 eggs a day and 6 tbones... So don't consume a whole bottle of X-factor in the space of a day. Common sense people, enough of anything is bad for you.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This applies not just to methyl's and x-factor. It applies to all supplements. Humans live a possible 100 years, most supplements we take have been around less than 20, in most cases less than 10. Long term side effects are unstudied.

Arachidonic acid has been around as long as humans have, we consume it all the time, athletes need more than others, food is more and more processed and farming methods mean that less and less good fatty acids are in our diet... So really, x-factor is logically one of the safest supplements currently on the market if used RESPONSIBLY. You don't eat 24 eggs a day and 6 tbones... So don't consume a whole bottle of X-factor in the space of a day. Common sense people, enough of anything is bad for you.
couldnt have said it better.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established

Thank you.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
jjohn how long does your typical x-factor cycle last?

How long are you supposed to wait before you start another one?
Well, my typical cycle lasts 50 days.. And take a good 75 days of break...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks everyone for your support!
i figured that would be the response you would get. if i was'nt on anti-inflamatories for arthritis i would be on x-factor.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
it seems like the best way would be to buy (3) bottles.

-Run (2) @ 4 gels/ED for 50 days.
-Run (1) @ 1 gel/ED for 50 days.
-Then use the rest of the last bottle to start up another cycle.

That way you are essentially 'taking a break', but you are not allowing the AA to fully deplete the body.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
anyone know if it's inflammatory properties would effect the likelihood of injury in joints etc. (esp those with tendonitis etc)

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
anyone know if it's inflammatory properties would effect the likelihood of injury in joints etc. (esp those with tendonitis etc)
This is just me thinking out loud here, but I would guess that increase joint inflammation is not that much of a concern when using AA, since the AA's correlation is with the muscle and its release, not the joints/tendons.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
does AA have anti-catabolic properties within muscle tissue? or does it simply increase the rate of anabolism.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
This is just me thinking out loud here, but I would guess that increase joint inflammation is not that much of a concern when using AA, since the AA's correlation is with the muscle and its release, not the joints/tendons.
Not exactly. If you use VERY heavy weights for example, AA will be released to heal cartillage as well, so AA does not just generate a "healing response" on muscles.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Not exactly. If you use VERY heavy weights for example, AA will be released to heal cartillage as well, so AA does not just generate a "healing response" on muscles.
I am going to employ the use of x factor during my OFF cycles. After pct I will ensure my system is back to normal with bloodwork...and then I will use IGF-1, creatine mono, and x factor and some bulk nettle root (activate basically) as a bridge.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I am going to employ the use of x factor during my OFF cycles. After post cycle therapy I will ensure my system is back to normal with bloodwork...and then I will use IGF-1, creatine mono, and x factor and some bulk nettle root (activate basically) as a bridge.
Good plan!

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established
OK, jjohn, so I had seen your "before" pics several weeks ago, and mistakenly thought they were your current pics. So this led me to conclude (great thinker that I am), that ArA was useless as a muscle builder. (No offense, but you were scrawny, lol.)
But now that I see the actual effects of ArA on your physique (fairly impressive), I'm willing to re-open my mind as to ArA's efficacy. And I appologize for any misguided negativity I may have spewed regarding your product.
:frustrate J2x pulls yet another boner (and not in the good way)

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. I have new ones in the Gallery you can take a look.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. I have new ones in the Gallery you can take a look.
AA rocks. My upcoming transformation will scare people.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
jjohn is one ripped mofo! Make me a diet and exercise plan now brutha!

BigNemo

BigNemo

Awards
  • Established
my 2 cents..... injectables and orals are somewhat comparable, if u train right and eat right but have any of u done a 12 week cycle of sust deca a dbol?...................... the amount of shots does get annoying and u get so huge and ur balls get so small and pct doesn't save as much mass as ud want. now with the orals u can pulse and keep ur gains and most of ur ballness. just have the supporting supps handy and keep ur diet clean and don't drink liquer, I'm 32 and have been pretty dedicated since my mid 20's, the only prob I have is I really don't eat enough.