Leucine brainstorming ! ! ! ! !

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
im just brainstorming and thinking about doing this.

i really like bcaas im currently testing Costumcapsule Lime flavored Bcaas and the taste is relly good. they manage to mask the taste very well with their lime flavor, that reminds me of lime jello.

But i have 1 kilo of bulk leucine i did a small test today and it worked. but what i want to do next is this

get 1 gallon of water(128oz)

then add 12grs of leucine for every 8oz
that would be 192gr of leucine for 1 gallon. and let is sit on the fridge till leucine gets incorporated to the water.

that would be 1.5gr of leucine per oz of water ready to use any time, just add a flavor system.

my question is if i could let that mix in the fridge without leucine going bad or that it gets damaged by the water.

NateWA

NateWA

Awards
  • Established
I dunno. Subbed, AND Where did you get Bulk Leucine?

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
I dunno. Subbed, AND Where did you get Bulk Leucine?
Nutraplanet has it really cheap http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/nutraplanet/l-leucine-1-kilo.html $26.95 for 1 kilo.
for me it seems convenient to make that gallon of leucine mix(or play along with the dosage of leucine ). cause i dont like sippin during my workout i usually just take it pre and post . and this would be fast cause i would just had to add the flavor system and shake and shug with out waiting for the leucine to mix with water withc takes some times

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man up and just shoot it, do you really think it tastes that bad :confused: ?

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i dont like the taste and after taste and i hate that it takes along time to mix with water
hmm, waht about getting some juice and putting some in your mouth, dump 3-5g of Leucine in your mouth, then chasing with that jiuce?

Also mine mixes perfectly fine after like 20-30 mins, and my gf pro apple/orange masks the taste completely...

NateWA

NateWA

Awards
  • Established
I get your question though. Like creatine mono goes bad in water after a couple minutes or something.

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
hmm, waht about getting some juice and putting some in your mouth, dump 3-5g of Leucine in your mouth, then chasing with that jiuce?

Also mine mixes perfectly fine after like 20-30 mins, and my gf pro apple/orange masks the taste completely...
that would be a good plan if it were only like 3-5g but i usually use 10-15 gr. maybe im just a wuss when it comes to taste. but im going to try this for the convenience. Imagine your all busy dont have time to wait for 15gr of leucine to settle in water and you wopuld make a mess if you chase it, and instead just take 10 oz of water with leucine already mixed in a pitcher/gallon

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
that would be a good plan if it were only like 3-5g but i usually use 10-15 gr. maybe im just a wuss when it comes to taste. but im going to try this for the convenience. Imagine your all busy dont have time to wait for 15gr of leucine to settle in water and you wopuld make a mess if you chase it, and instead just take 10 oz of water with leucine already mixed in a pitcher/gallon
ahh, i diidnt catch that part about 10-15g. Why u taking so much at once? I was reading about some studies Layne Norton was conducting and it suggested tat 3-5g can jumpstart protein synthesis so i take 3g between meals

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
ahh, i diidnt catch that part about 10-15g. Why u taking so much at once? I was reading about some studies Layne Norton was conducting and it suggested tat 3-5g can jumpstart protein synthesis so i take 3g between meals
i have worked my way up to that amount and i actually feel better in the recovery department and get less tired with that amount.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i have worked my way up to that amount and i actually feel better in the recovery department and get less tired with that amount.
so how many g are u having a day? I would just do like u said, mix it in a gallon jug and add some crystal lite or something

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
well im still testing Bcaas foer custom capsule im using 2 the recommended dosage witch is like 7gr

today i did that 10oz with 15 oz leucine for a friend and had him taste it and he did like it i just added to his leucine/water 3 scoops of bcaaa extedn and it covered the taste i took a sip and liked the flavor system of custom capsule

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
im thinking of using lime jello mix to try and match the taste, and wait for custom capsule to see if they can release a lime flavor system, i would recommend Bcaa extend and buy it but i would like use that bulk leucine i have there. I also have 2 kilos of kwik karb but thats another story lol im turning into a bulk whore

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
if your at all worried of taste

just add gatorade or

a flavered bcaa product like what ur testing, xtend, purple wrath etc

should fully mask the flavor and give u nice extra boost of bcaas

-but the question you originally suggested sounds interesting, howlong does leucin stay in water?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I never looked into it too fully, but I remember somebody tossing an offhand comment about throwing off an amino-acid balance if you intake pure Leucine, but I don't know if that is true. Perhaps it is worth looking into though first.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
You only need around 3g of Lecuine for it's anabolic effects.

But mega-dosing wouldn't hurt, especially around workouts. LMK how it goes, and BCAA's are stable for around a week or so pre-mixed.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
That is because all prior studies used the same amount :nono:

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You only need around 3g of Lecuine for it's anabolic effects.

But mega-dosing wouldn't hurt, especially around workouts. LMK how it goes, and BCAA's are stable for around a week or so pre-mixed.
I just tried researching this and didn't come up with anything, but a week makes sense.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I never looked into it too fully, but I remember somebody tossing an offhand comment about throwing off an amino-acid balance if you intake pure Leucine, but I don't know if that is true. Perhaps it is worth looking into though first.
BCAA's can not be synthesized, and non-essential can be synthesized from food.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know :) I was just tossing out there something I heard that he can look into if it's something that interests him. THere's probably no problem of a leucine imbalance, but I figured I'd throw it out there. I'd do some more research into it personally for him but I'm cramming for finals right now so there's not much free time :( Gym break in 15 minutes wooot :bb3:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just tried researching this and didn't come up with anything, but a week makes sense.
It is hard to find any solid information on this. I would be hesitant to make any suggestion beyond a few days, probably 3 days max. Just a speculative number, though. Perhaps you have more background information to support one week.

daniel35

daniel35

Awards
  • Established
I know this is off topic but why do all the companies that make bcaa type powders use so much b6? This is what has keep me from trying them. If you want to do a megadose you're going to get 1000 times rda for b6 which I've heard isn't good, and if you're like most bodybuilders at least 3-4 other things you take in a day have b6.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would like to elaborate on your comment, if you do not mind, as it is not very clear as it is.
BCAAs are part of a class of amino acids known as essential amino acids (EAAs): EAAs are "essential" in the sense that they cannot be synthesized by the body from other compounds (or amino acids) to support growth processes in the body. This means they absolutely must be supplied in the diet. Apart from BCAAs (leucine, iso-leucine, and valine), the other essential amino acids are lysine, threonine, tryptophan, methionine, histidine, and phenylalanine.
Non-essential amino acids can be synthesized by the body from other amino acids and compounds.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
im just brainstorming and thinking about doing this.

i really like bcaas im currently testing Costumcapsule Lime flavored Bcaas and the taste is relly good. they manage to mask the taste very well with their lime flavor, that reminds me of lime jello.

But i have 1 kilo of bulk leucine i did a small test today and it worked. but what i want to do next is this

get 1 gallon of water(128oz)

then add 12grs of leucine for every 8oz
that would be 192gr of leucine for 1 gallon. and let is sit on the fridge till leucine gets incorporated to the water.

that would be 1.5gr of leucine per oz of water ready to use any time, just add a flavor system.

my question is if i could let that mix in the fridge without leucine going bad or that it gets damaged by the water.
it should stay stable for months, but when i do that i drink it within about a week.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am not sure I understand the amino-acid imbalance bit, but I agree it is not desirable to take leucine only. Although it is the most anabolic amino acid, which is why some "overdose" it, yet optimal anabolism will only take place when the body has not only enough BCAAs but also enough EAAs. The amount of leucine consumed should be relatively high (10g - 20g or more, depending on body type and workout intensity), but the amount of the other essential amino acids consumed should be increased as well. As an aside, you recall that the body synthesizes HMß (Beta-Hydroxy-Beta-Methylbutyrate) from leucine. Although HMß reduces stress or training-induced catabolism, improves energy metabolism, supports muscle growth and fat loss, it may be useful to supplement with free-form HMß to spare cellular leucine levels from being metabolized into HMß.

D

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
I get your question though. Like creatine mono goes bad in water after a couple minutes or something.
That is my concern. Leucine is an amino acid and creatine is a blend of 3 amino acids. If creatine becomes unstable when left in liquid, then I believe it is safe to assume leucine would also.

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
That is my concern. Leucine is an amino acid and creatine is a blend of 3 amino acids. If creatine becomes unstable when left in liquid, then I believe it is safe to assume leucine would also.
thats my concern as well , cause it would save me and i bet other members sometime being able to do this, dont you think ?

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Do you think 14 grams of leucine is over kill at night?

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
thats my concern as well , cause it would save me and i bet other members sometime being able to do this, dont you think ?

BCAA's can be left in water, so I would think its the same for just leucine.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well actually the two products I am going to get each has 7 grams of leucine. So I was thinking of taking the leucine tabs at night with no carbs etc and I would take it with my powerfull and other night time gh product from mst and stack that with 7 grams of leucine tabs no carbs calories. I am in the future thinking of doing that so 14 grams of leucine 25 grams of bcaa's and than my protien shakes and food. That should help me espically since my caloire intake is 3k-5k and I seem to not grow as fast so maybe increasing my leucine content will help me.

sportsbro21

sportsbro21

Awards
  • Established
just go buy some Leukic from muscle tech hahahaha

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you think 14 grams of leucine is over kill at night?
It depends on how much leucine you took cumulatively during the day before the dose in question. If this is post-workout, and if you had taken up to 10g or so before this dose, and if you add some other EAAs, at least some other BCAAs, to it, you should be fine. Expect some decent lean-mass preservation, fat-burning, and quality muscle-growth, if you do this for a period of time. By the way, one other cool property of leucine (and the entire BCAAs) is that they are one of the few compounds that literally crack and melt the stubborn brown fat deposits around our mid-section and lower back. Enjoy your drink! :cheers:

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well my work out maximizer has 30 grams of bcaas per 100 and consume about 50 grams of that during the day. I have a morning shake on the go to work. Lunch what ever food court is near by. Night time I just usually just consume a bar with leucine in it and I am getting very close to 25 grams of bcaa's threw out the day via caps. I tried custom caps bcaa and taste was soso so I may just stick to caps plus I can swallow multiple caps at once any how. I have my work out maximizer after my work out.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well my work out maximizer has 30 grams of bcaas per 100 and consume about 50 grams of that during the day. I have a morning shake on the go to work. Lunch what ever food court is near by. Night time I just usually just consume a bar with leucine in it and I am getting very close to 25 grams of bcaa's threw out the day via caps. I tried custom caps bcaa and taste was soso so I may just stick to caps plus I can swallow multiple caps at once any how. I have my work out maximizer after my work out.
There is no fixed rule for everyone, yet I would aim to stay within 20g of leucine during the day (with the accompanying amounts of other BCAAs and EAAs). And I would not consumer leucine in isolation of the other BCAAs/EAAs. We should not forget that our consumption of BCAAs and EAAs should also be included in determining our total protein consumption per day (the recommendation is about 2g of proteins per kg of body weight).

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well I am only going to do 14 grams of just pure leucine. half caps half powder
close to 25-35 grams of bcaa's from caps
125 grams of protein.
My bars also have some leucine in it. Ment for for people on diet/fat loss but I use it just to get extra protein in the day.
That is my break down of protein.
Some akg and gaba but I really don't count that as my eaa but more extra aminos that are really not needed.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There is no fixed rule for everyone, yet I would aim to stay within 20g of leucine during the day (with the accompanying amounts of other BCAAs and EAAs). And I would not consumer leucine in isolation of the other BCAAs/EAAs. We should not forget that our consumption of BCAAs and EAAs should also be included in determining our total protein consumption per day (the recommendation is about 2g of proteins per kg of body weight).
ive never seen BCAAs counted as protein in their daily macros :confused:

I know its equivilant to protein but i dunno, i would never count it...

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Iv seen a guy replace out of 200 grams of protein 50 of it to bcaa so 150 protein 50 bcaa's and nothing else changed. He saw amazing results just by replacing 50 grams of protein with this so I think if I see more of this kind of action I will believe it more.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Iv seen a guy replace out of 200 grams of protein 50 of it to bcaa so 150 protein 50 bcaa's and nothing else changed. He saw amazing results just by replacing 50 grams of protein with this so I think if I see more of this kind of action I will believe it more.
Chances are that was Beast when he was experimenting with mega-dosing BCAAs. I take 20g of BCAAs and 5g of added Leucine in my pre/peri WO drink, for 15g of Leucine, and it has helped out with avoiding catabolism. I also do not have any carbs for about 2-2.5 hours before training and this has helped to stave off the fatigue from lifting and cardio training.

The Leucine competes with Tryptophan at the BBB and the large amount of Leucine that I consume delays the effect of Tryptophan during training.