What else for sleep??

de49152

Awards
I've been having a lot of problems with insomnia lately... not falling asleep until 4-5 am, sometimes not at all :yawn: I always feel "caffeinated" even though I've had none.

I have tried: valerian, melatonin, 5-htp, gaba, theanine, seriphos, ashwagandha, passion flower, magnesium, benedryl, even ambien!

Any other suggestions??

Thanks.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hmm that sucks, have you tried tryptophan? Or the ZMT from Nutra?

As I wanted added fat loss I tried Lean Dreams and so far I'm liking it.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hmm that sucks, have you tried tryptophan? Or the ZMT from Nutra?

As I wanted added fat loss I tried Lean Dreams and so far I'm liking it.
I think I've heard some of the guys around here having issues with this, affecting their libido and whatnot? Or am I thinking of some other ALRI Venom product?

I love CustomCapsule's Mega Sleep Aid. It puts me out for hours! I tried some of the samples, but not finishing them until I really need them.

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
maybe try abyss? people have logged some good success with that

de49152

Awards
Thanks, I need weight gain, not weight loss. I have zome ZMA on order, as well as PowerFULL. Will check out Abyss.

Is L-Tryptophan different than 5-HTP?

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks, I need weight gain, not weight loss. I have zome ZMA on order, as well as PowerFULL. Will check out Abyss.

Is L-Tryptophan different than 5-HTP?
5-HTP is the same thing, but I think there's slightly more to it than regular Tryptophan.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Maybe a warm glass of milk and 5mg of Melatonin? Try taking a warm shower after that. Yoga is also a great help to many that suffer from sleep problems - deep breathing.

I can vouche for CC's Mega Sleep Aid - It knocked me out!

Regardless - Good Luck!

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm stacking Epistane + Anabolic Pump for my upcoming cycle and I've decided to take ALRI's Venom Lean Dreams before I go to bed every night. My goals are gaining muscle and burning fat, so this should do the trick.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Im to lazy to look and have to leave for wor in 30 min. Is lean dreams a cort control or more?

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Im to lazy to look and have to leave for wor in 30 min. Is lean dreams a cort control or more?
What's In Venom Lean Dreams and Why?
Oleamide: Endogenous sleep modulator
Tryptophane Ethyl Ester: Precursor to Serotonin, 5-HTP and melatonin.
Baicalin: Calming substrate and anti-cortisol
Jujube 2%: Used in folk medicine to promote restorative sleep.
Valerian: Calming agent and sleep aid.
Berberine: GH stimulation by way central cholinergic system, sleep aid.
Hispidulin: GH modulation, uncoupler of oxidative phosphorylation and anti-oxidant.
Rotundine: Sleep augmentation
Magnolia Extract: Cortisol inhibition support.
Melatonin: Master sleep hormone and anti-oxidant, cholinergic system protestant.
Piperine: Increases oral bioavailablity.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
PowerFULL or some bulk 1-Carboxy from NP. Both really help me with sleep.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
PowerFULL or some bulk 1-Carboxy from NP. Both really help me with sleep.
Are you capping the bulk 1-carboxy-2-amino-3-pyrobenzol or do you have some other way to take it?

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I was just tossing it back, but its such a light powder I got tired of it going up my nose, so I just capped up a bunch yesterday. I'm taking about 2.4 grams a night. Three 00 caps packed very tight.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
I was just tossing it back, but its such a light powder I got tired of it going up my nose, so I just capped up a bunch yesterday. I'm taking about 2.4 grams a night. Three 00 caps packed very tight.
More power to you man, I've been having to parachute it, b/c my throat almost wants to shut when the raw powder enters my mouth. Insuffilation wasn't even considered......Interesting.

luke1984

luke1984

Awards
  • Established
Maybe, instead of taking supps to help you, you should either see a doctor(your thyroid could be overactive) or find things that are stressfull in your life and do something about that.
Relaxation exersizes could also help.
Good luck!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some guys I used to train with were raving about a product called Somatomax.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
I've been having a lot of problems with insomnia lately... not falling asleep until 4-5 am, sometimes not at all :yawn: I always feel "caffeinated" even though I've had none.

I have tried: valerian, melatonin, 5-htp, gaba, theanine, seriphos, ashwagandha, passion flower, magnesium, benedryl, even ambien!

Any other suggestions??

Thanks.
whats your lifestyle look like? work, school, diet, stress, etc?

You cannot fix sleep problems unless you address the source.

Im a chronic insomniac... but it rarely affects me anymore because i learned how to manage my life and stress better.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the only thing I would add is that I have had sleep problems before, and ZMA by primaforce has always helped me

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
whats your lifestyle look like? work, school, diet, stress, etc?

You cannot fix sleep problems unless you address the source.

Im a chronic insomniac... but it rarely affects me anymore because i learned how to manage my life and stress better.
True.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
the only thing I would add is that I have had sleep problems before, and ZMA by primaforce has always helped me
the guy said hes tried ambien before and that didnt help.

i dont know if you guys have dealt with serious insomnia before.. but if ambien or another script does not work...zinc and magnesium wont do anything.

ive been to the point where i cant keep my eyes open, but im still conscious and cant zone out.. its frustrating. supplements can help make you drowsy, but being drowsy may not put you into the sleep cycle

see a doctor. you need blood work.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Any other suggestions??

Thanks.
I was on Ambien 10 mg for years i got a sample from Millennium sports Tech. called Somidren-GH within 10 minutes i felt a warm calm feeling come over me a real feeling of calm.

It is by far the best thing i have had for sleep the feeling of calm is totally AWESOME.

I have got permission from doctor to stop the Ambien because i slept so well on the Somidren feel free to shoot them a e-mail i am sure they would be happy to send you a sample i do not think you will regret it.

Do check with a doctor if you have had severe sleep problems like i have it can't hurt to shoot a e-mail to them they are very friendly and responsive hope things work out for ya bro i feel your pain with not sleeping it makes for very long days.

MST ROKS:head:

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established

Any other suggestions??

Thanks.
I know this goes against many bb philosophies, but if your not worried about weight gain try some carbs before bed. Sometimes I eat a sugary bowl of cereal if I'm having trouble. If that doesn't work, I take a gram of phenibut. That stuff knocks me out cold, and gives me awesome dreams. It loses its effect if taken regularly, and sometimes leaves me drowsy the next day if I take too much. Best of luck, insomnia is a b*tch.

de49152

Awards
Thanks for all the advice, at least it sounds like I have a lot of options!

I'll report back with my results, so it might help someone else too.

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
the first time I took powerfull(2º version) I was amazed how easy I went to sleep , now I tried the most recent version and I can`t have the same effect, I think something have changed...
But the stuff that really knocks me down is melatonin with a Valerian root tea , try it and you will see...

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What's In Venom Lean Dreams and Why?
Oleamide: Endogenous sleep modulator
Tryptophane Ethyl Ester: Precursor to Serotonin, 5-HTP and melatonin.
Baicalin: Calming substrate and anti-cortisol
Jujube 2%: Used in folk medicine to promote restorative sleep.
Valerian: Calming agent and sleep aid.
Berberine: GH stimulation by way central cholinergic system, sleep aid.
Hispidulin: GH modulation, uncoupler of oxidative phosphorylation and anti-oxidant.
Rotundine: Sleep augmentation
Magnolia Extract: Cortisol inhibition support.
Melatonin: Master sleep hormone and anti-oxidant, cholinergic system protestant.
Piperine: Increases oral bioavailablity.
This definitely has my vote!

I'm actually starting an Epistane cycle sometime within the next few weeks. I'll be stack Epi and Anabolic Pump, but I might toss in Dermacrine as well. I will be taking Venom Lean Dreams at night, before bed. I'll be logging it, so I'll give my input on all the supp's used.

Nevertheless, Mega Sleep Aid by Custom Capsule puts me out. When I say that it puts me out, I mean for hours. I've slept for 10-12 hours. I tried using it for a few days in a row, but I felt as though things were getting a little ridiculous. I always felt so rested, relaxed, comfortable, etc. Nothing bothered me. I was in an extremely happy mood. It was too overwhelming. I'm saving the rest of my samples for when I really need them. I highly recommend this, though.

de49152

Awards
Z-Mass-PM

Ok, last nite I tried Z-Mass-PM, the best thing I could find at the local vitaminshoppe. It made me feel "heavy" but not enough to fall sleep. At midnight, stacked with ambien and finally got 4 hours!!

I think my recent sleep problems are thyroid related. I am mildly hypo, and iodine test showed 70% excretion (should be 90% or more). I've been taking Iodoral (12.5mg iodine) for the past couple of weeks. Since then, my thyroid has felt swollen, plus anxiety/insomnia. Doc said this hasn't happened to any other patients. I stopped taking it a couple of days ago, I wonder how long until the thyroid chills out.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Any other suggestions??

Thanks.
bro i know how you feel. I haven't been asleep in literally 30 hours and I have no idea. The only time I can sleep is when I take Superdrol or Mega-TRN/Trenadrol. LoL, that's kinda sad huh? If I run Testosterone Enanthate forget it. I will be pounding the pootytingle all day and night. I suggest Kitty Tranquilizers. I am joking. Anyways, Have you tried that X-Dream from IBE? I heard it's super potent. I have no clue how you didn't go to sleep from ambien though. Perhaps you should go to your doctor and have your HPTA checked.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ok, last nite I tried Z-Mass-PM, the best thing I could find at the local vitaminshoppe. It made me feel "heavy" but not enough to fall sleep. At midnight, stacked with ambien and finally got 4 hours!!

I think my recent sleep problems are thyroid related. I am mildly hypo, and iodine test showed 70% excretion (should be 90% or more). I've been taking Iodoral (12.5mg iodine) for the past couple of weeks. Since then, my thyroid has felt swollen, plus anxiety/insomnia. Doc said this hasn't happened to any other patients. I stopped taking it a couple of days ago, I wonder how long until the thyroid chills out.
do you eat salt?

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established

I've heard that Syntrax Guggulbolic helps a lot with the thyroid glands and their hormones. I've thought about giving it a try sometime.

A cheap, but very effective way to get a lot of sleep would be to try CC's Mega Sleep Aid. I promise you that it won't let you down. PM CustomCapsule and ask for a sample. Explain to them that you're having problems with getting to sleep and why. I'm sure they'll send you a sample, which consists of about 4 or 5 servings.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established

It's a good possibility you have over-active thyroid. My mams had it and she had the same problem. You might want to look into having your T3/T4 and TSH tested bro. If it is overactive you'll want to be put on medication to slow it down. I wouldn't have it irradiated and completely removed because then you run into a gamma of problems.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
bro i know how you feel. I haven't been asleep in literally 30 hours and I have no idea. The only time I can sleep is when I take Superdrol or Mega-TRN/Trenadrol. LoL, that's kinda sad huh? If I run Testosterone Enanthate forget it. I will be pounding the pootytingle all day and night. I suggest Kitty Tranquilizers. I am joking. Anyways, Have you tried that X-Dream from IBE? I heard it's super potent. I have no clue how you didn't go to sleep from ambien though. Perhaps you should go to your doctor and have your HPTA checked.
I've heard great things, regarding the potency of the ingredients in IBE X-Dreams. I have yet to try this out. I'm almost positive that I'll enjoy Epistane, which in turn will have me trying the rest of the IBE lineup.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've heard great things, regarding the potency of the ingredients in IBE X-Dreams. I have yet to try this out. I'm almost positive that I'll enjoy Epistane, which in turn will have me trying the rest of the IBE lineup.
I'm pretty sure you'll like epistane. I haven't seen anyone who hasn't. And I was thoroughly impressed with Havoc as well.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm pretty sure you'll like epistane. I haven't seen anyone who hasn't. And I was thoroughly impressed with Havoc as well.
I've seen nothing but good reviews for Epistane, but I've also heard a few people bicker about how 'Epi' completely wrecked their libido. I'm sure they didn't have the proper support supp's and PCT lined up, but I'm also not sure as to what 'Epi' compound, or what brand have you, they're speaking of.

My next hormonal cycle will probably be H-Drol. If I like Epi this time around, then maybe I'll pulse between the two. Who knows?

I'm not meaning to change the subject of the thread or anything, but wouldn't you think that Dermacrine + Anabolic Pump should yield for some pretty impressive gains being stacked along with Epi?

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've seen nothing but good reviews for Epistane, but I've also heard a few people bicker about how 'Epi' completely wrecked their libido. I'm sure they didn't have the proper support supp's and post cycle therapy lined up, but I'm also not sure as to what 'Epi' compound, or what brand have you, they're speaking of.

My next hormonal cycle will probably be H-Drol. If I like Epi this time around, then maybe I'll pulse between the two. Who knows?

I'm not meaning to change the subject of the thread or anything, but wouldn't you think that Dermacrine + Anabolic Pump should yield for some pretty impressive gains being stacked along with Epi?
Well I would say most likely. You might want to bridge that into your post cycle therapy to also help retain gains. I was thinking of using that new P-slin product, as I am interested in it. My libido was insanely high on Epi and it continued from there on out. I must have good genetics for steroids because I've really never had a libido problem aside from the one time I ran several superdrol cycles with no clomid, nor Paravol. Tamoxifen + Clomiphene + Paravol is the best PCT I've ever had in my entire life. Good Luck in your cycle of those products if you decide to run the extra 2!!

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well I would say most likely. You might want to bridge that into your post cycle therapy to also help retain gains. I was thinking of using that new P-slin product, as I am interested in it. My libido was insanely high on Epi and it continued from there on out. I must have good genetics for steroids because I've really never had a libido problem aside from the one time I ran several superdrol cycles with no clomid, nor Paravol. Tamoxifen + Clomiphene + Paravol is the best post cycle therapy I've ever had in my entire life. Good Luck in your cycle of those products if you decide to run the extra 2!!
Well, I've had several people suggest that I run AP along with Epi. I figured that Dermacrine would really help yield gains. Then, I could use Dermacrine Sustain during PCT.

I'll be using liquid Toremifene for my SERM, as I hear it's more effective and safer than Tamoxifen Citrate.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well, I've had several people suggest that I run AP along with Epi. I figured that Dermacrine would really help yield gains. Then, I could use Dermacrine Sustain during post cycle therapy.

I'll be using liquid Toremifene for my SERM, as I hear it's more effective and safer than Tamoxifen Citrate.
It is except it causes occular degeneration slightly, but so does clomiphene. So ya gotta take the good with the bad.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It is except it causes occular degeneration slightly, but so does clomiphene. So ya gotta take the good with the bad.
Occular degeneration? Could you elaborate, please? If you wouldn't mind.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the blurry vision isn't permanent. i am not so sure about the other.
If the blurry vision isn't permanent, then I wouldn't expect the slight alteration in actual vision to be permanent. Perhaps it lasts so long as the SERM is in your system? Makes sense.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If the blurry vision isn't permanent, then I wouldn't expect the slight alteration in actual vision to be permanent. Perhaps it lasts so long as the SERM is in your system? Makes sense.
pretty much. i have some type of genetic retinal degeneration which is why i am going blind in my right eye.

chim_chim

Awards
Back on the topic (!) --

If Ambien isn't putting you to sleep, you really need to go back to your doctor. Ambien and the other prescription sleep aids are in a totally different category than the stuff like ZMA, valerian, 5-HTP, kava, melatonin, etc. Unless you have experienced severe insomnia, you won't understand, but everything I've tried that is over-the-counter doesn't even touch the problem. Not mentioned yet are the OTC antihistamines, such as Benadryl (aka diphenhydramine HCL), which are marketed as sleep aids. I'd say these are the best of the OTC's.

I have much better luck with Lunesta than Ambien. Also, Lunesta has some studies showing long-term safety and lack of habituation. Ambien has a poor reputation in this regard; in fact, there are clinics that specialize in treating Ambien addiction.

There are other drugs that are sometimes prescribed for longterm insomnia. Two that come to mind are Clonidine and Trazodone. There are also some antidepressants that can help, usually the old-school tricyclics. The newer SSRI's don't really help.

You might need a referral to a sleep clinic, which will analyze everything that could be causing insomnia, and which will have doctors who are very familiar with all the relevant pharmaceuticals.

Powerfull, Bulk Powerfull, or the bulk "1-carboxy" does actually help me to some extent. This is a confusingly labeled version of Levodopa, which is normally a prescription drug. The marketing hype behind Powerfull is pretty crazy, but it does consistently get reviewed as making users drowsy.

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
It's a good possibility you have over-active thyroid. My mams had it and she had the same problem. You might want to look into having your T3/T4 and TSH tested bro. If it is overactive you'll want to be put on medication to slow it down. I wouldn't have it irradiated and completely removed because then you run into a gamma of problems.
very nice avatar.
with that two i`ll sleep like a baby...

de49152

Awards
Another long nite. Going to the doc today for some thyroid tests & hopefully a sample of Lunesta. I'll still be ordering up some PFULL and Somnigren-GH because if I can sleep better AND bulk up, sign me up.

de49152

Awards
MRM Relax-All

Doctor prescribed trazodone 100mg, but I am not going to take it except as a VERY last resort. I don't like head scripts.

Tonight I am trying MRM Relax-All w/ Phenibut.

Better stuff coming next week... neurobalance, somnidgren, powerfull.