citrulline malate

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does citrulline malate only correlate with NO production? Or does it have any other beneficial effects? I've already researched its role (synthetic effects with Arginine) in NO production, but do any of you have an experience or know of any other functions citrulline malate provides? I'm looking for a reason to try it for reasons other then trying to augment NO production.

I'm my my PCT with some DTH and I'm already looking ahead to my weeks or months of liver recuperation when I won't be on anything (other then the usual, Creatine, Beta-Alanine, Leucine). I like trying supplements backed by research and I know citrulline malate is one of those supplements. Any recommendations, personal experience or knowledge on this? Thanks.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does citrulline malate only correlate with NO production? Or does it have any other beneficial effects? I've already researched its role (synthetic effects with Arginine) in NO production, but do any of you have an experience or know of any other functions citrulline malate provides? I'm looking for a reason to try it for reasons other then trying to augment NO production.

I'm my my post cycle therapy with some DTH and I'm already looking ahead to my weeks or months of liver recuperation when I won't be on anything (other then the usual, Creatine, Beta-Alanine, Leucine). I like trying supplements backed by research and I know citrulline malate is one of those supplements. Any recommendations, personal experience or knowledge on this? Thanks.
Non-NO related advantages of Citrulline Malate supplementation may include: Optimization of Adenosine Diphosphate/Adenosine Triphosphate / Phosphocreatine levels and muscle contraction; reduction in lactic acid and hydrogen ions levels as by-products of glycolysis (conversion of glycogen to glucose), leading to faster recovery from exercise; detoxification and removal of ammonia from muscle and liver cells, leading to improvements in aerobic performance and reduction in fatigue; and so on.

FrankJ

Awards
  • Established
I ran that stuff for a few months. Never felt any gains at the gym but pumps were amazing and my boners were rock hard.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I ran that stuff for a few months. Never felt any gains at the gym but pumps were amazing and my boners were rock hard.
Effect is dose-dependent. Best results are noticeable at 4g to 6g daily.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Before I ever heard about it I had a friend who claimed he continued to get bigger and strogner while coming off cycle by using citruline malate. Now I am not saying I believe its that good but it seems to work.

I classify all supps into several catagories, the biggest of which share an end result of helping you workout harder (aka PWO sups, recovery supps to WO more often or harder, creatine like apt supps ect). Citruline seems to be an overall endurance and performance booster which is the most direct pathway to growth. Better WO + Better diet = gains

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So if it has effects on ADP/ATP AAANNNND Lactic Acid/Hydrogen Ions, then I suppose it's also an intensifier of Creatine and Beta-Alanine.

Thanks for the responses.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So if it has effects on ADP/ATP AAANNNND Lactic Acid/Hydrogen Ions, then I suppose it's also an intensifier of Creatine and Beta-Alanine.

Thanks for the responses.
Citrulline Malate does exhibit considerable synergy with Creatine and Beta-Alanine.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
I've always liked a relatively high dose of Cit Malate - at 6g/day the most significant aspect I noticed was improvement in recovery and a dramatic reduction in DOMs.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've always liked a relatively high dose of Cit Malate - at 6g/day the most significant aspect I noticed was improvement in recovery and a dramatic reduction in DOMs.
For most people, this is the "spot-on" dose. When stress levels are higher, some even dose more!

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
I agree, but...

For most people, this is the "spot-on" dose. When stress levels are higher, some even dose more!
I agree with strategic, but I believe citrulline malate to also be dose dependent on weight (obviously I'm a big guy). I generally take 8-10 and thats my sweet spot.

In general...the one thing I would note though...citrulline malate by itself is solid, but it is much more effective when stacked along with Beta-Alanine...your cardio performance will be enhanced greatly.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree with strategic, but I believe citrulline malate to also be dose dependent on weight...
Agree.

In general...the one thing I would note though...citrulline malate by itself is solid, but it is much more effective when stacked along with Beta-Alanine...
That's correct. I tried to say the same thing in my earlier posts (Nr. 2 and Nr. 7) on this thread :thumbsup:

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Yes works great pre workout with creatine and beta alanine. Should help with endurance.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
Citrulline Malate does exhibit considerable synergy with Creatine and Beta-Alanine.
Do you have to supplement creatine/beta-alanine/aakg/citrulline malate all together for the supps to take a synergistic effect, or can you doese them at separate times since the supps are in your body anyways??

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you have to supplement creatine/beta-alanine/aakg/citrulline malate all together for the supps to take a synergistic effect, or can you doese them at separate times since the supps are in your body anyways??
Ideally they should be used simultaneously. However, some of the compounds like beta-alanine, citrulline malate, and creatine show elevated cellular concentrations over time until saturation is reached.

bj22

Awards
^I'm going to be using all 3 for my next stack and was wondering when the optimal times to take them are. Do any of the 3 compete for absorption? I was thinking about splitting the dosage. taking all 3 upon waking, cm and ba preworkout and creatine with my postworkout shake. Does this make sense?

aztec127

aztec127

Awards
im starting those 3 +aakg in my stack next week. this is what i have planned for it:

creatine 5-7g daily split pre/post workout
beta alanine 5 grams pre workout
citrulline malate - 3g pre workout 3g post workout
aakg 3g upon waking up, 3g pre workout

Soopaman

Awards
  • Established
im starting those 3 +aakg in my stack next week. this is what i have planned for it:

creatine 5-7g daily split pre/post workout
beta alanine 5 grams pre workout
citrulline malate - 3g pre workout 3g post workout
aakg 3g upon waking up, 3g pre workout
Not bad, but I dont see any reason to take CM post workout. I'd personally take all 6g before the workout. If you really wanna split it, take it with your AAKG in the morning.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
On some solid workout days, I take in 13g! I end up going that high for other reasons however.
BodyOctane (3.5g) twice daily, and then Xtend @ 3 servings (3g) during the workout, and then another 3 servings in a huge tub of water in between my post-workout meal and my post-post-workout meal.

As to results - I don't think it has really brought any new changes past the 6g or 7g mark, at least in my experience.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
On some solid workout days, I take in 13g! I end up going that high for other reasons however.
BodyOctane (3.5g) twice daily, and then Xtend @ 3 servings (3g) during the workout, and then another 3 servings in a huge tub of water in between my post-workout meal and my post-post-workout meal.

As to results - I don't think it has really brought any new changes past the 6g or 7g mark, at least in my experience.
Yep! Some do not see any noticeable additional value in doing more than 6g per day. Still, it differs from person to person.

bj22

Awards
Do you need to continue at 6 grams throughout the duration of running cm to feel the effects of it? I have read you could half the dosage of ba after a month because of the body already being saturated with it. Does this hold true for cm and creatine as well?

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
I agree with strategic, but I believe citrulline malate to also be dose dependent on weight (obviously I'm a big guy). I generally take 8-10 and thats my sweet spot.

In general...the one thing I would note though...citrulline malate by itself is solid, but it is much more effective when stacked along with Beta-Alanine...your cardio performance will be enhanced greatly.
This is the post i read that got me to try the CM / BA combination and i haven't had a bad workout since. :thumbsup:

I urge EVERYONE to at least try it.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Agreed. It's been a while since I did 6gr a day every day. That's fun.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
These bumps! :)

WilteredFire

WilteredFire

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the heads up for the Beta Alanine, Im planning after finishing my testbooster and CLT cycle this month to run some Citrulline Malate, might as well use up 2 tubs of Beta Alanine ive got lying around with it, Some Kre-alkalyn and a custom mixture of some NO products like AAKG. This should be a sweet run.

ReNude1

Awards
Try Some Bulk citrulline malate and agmatine , mix it up with some mio water flavoring or whatever citrus based flavoring you prefer drink it on empty stomach 1st thing in the morning I get good results with SNS bulk but I guess any quality manufacturer would do. I prefer this mix one scoop of cit mal and Agm just for sexual function and health . Do that for a couple or weeks for best results. But when it comes to pre-workout when you want that endurance, drive, and focus I like a premix like Hemavol it really does make a difference in endurance and drive