How can I dramatically increase focus and mind-muscle link

pocketboy

Awards
Every thing is in the title :
How can I dramatically increase focus on each and every rep and mind-muscle link ?

(workout and lifestyle tips, and also supplements).

Thanks again ;)

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I would say to mainly concentrate on correct form with a lower weight and really work on tightening the muscle as you use it. Slow reps.

pocketboy

Awards
I always "focus" (even if I have to drop some weight) on the form.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Every thing is in the title :
How can I dramatically increase focus on each and every rep and mind-muscle link ?

(workout and lifestyle tips, and also supplements).

Thanks again ;)
Drive by AN gave me that. You should look into my log. Easy to read with highlights. I noticed the mind muscle connection without being aware of it until at the very end of the workout.

Naven

Awards
A lifting partner who is sincerely interested in helping you get to the next level is a good start. Some music that gets you pumpin is also good. If you have those two, then a little AMP is pretty hard to beat...

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
This is going to sound kind of cheesy, but I work with alot of Meta physical lifting. Get a basic understanding of how each muscle works, then invision the way the muscle works during the exercise. Think about the muscle elongating and filling up with blood, and then contracting all the energy out as the fibers over lap (I realize this isn't how a muscle specifically works, but it helps while you're trying to invision it). It really helps to have a partner or trainer who understands this and can talk you through it to remind you of it as you are doing a set. Metaphors will help to keep your attention into the muscle, which is ultimately what you are trying to do.

Using this technique will make it much harder to lift heavy weights. It's quite extrordinary how quickly you will fatigue with lighter weights.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
This is going to sound kind of cheesy, but I work with alot of Meta physical lifting. Get a basic understanding of how each muscle works, then invision the way the muscle works during the exercise. Think about the muscle elongating and filling up with blood, and then contracting all the energy out as the fibers over lap (I realize this isn't how a muscle specifically works, but it helps while you're trying to invision it). It really helps to have a partner or trainer who understands this and can talk you through it to remind you of it as you are doing a set. Metaphors will help to keep your attention into the muscle, which is ultimately what you are trying to do.

Using this technique will make it much harder to lift heavy weights. It's quite extrordinary how quickly you will fatigue with lighter weights.
I don't find that cheesey at all. I think I am going to meta-size my lifts a little more than I already do. Mind/Matter. Envision your muscle fibers contracting and your vessels pumping blood to the area. Envision yourself maintaining stress on the primary target muscle and feel the contraction as if your body is at the peak end of a tensile limitation. Your body is viewed as an organic machine and you are capable of just about anything as you go through the motions.
Shizzzz... I need to lay down before the GHB window of sleep fades away.:frustrate