bcaa question

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Would it be better to spread out my 50 gams of bcaa's during the day or it does not really matter. I am going test a bcaa weight gainer. Some gaterade like powder but better really thick with like 25 grams-50 grams of bcaa caps. I am still taking my protein shakes and food but for extra.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like to spread it out. I generally do this-1/2 spread out and 1/2 pre/during WO.

drewh10987

drewh10987

Awards
  • Established
First I would recommend ditching the caps and picking up some powder form BCAAs. They're a lot more convenient, especially for megadosing.

Second, you should defiantly spread them out. However, the most important time for BCAA consumption is during and after your workouts. I would say buy some powder BCAAs and put them into a gallon jug. Take your jug with you when your working out and begin sipping on it before your workout and continue during and after your workout.

james1

james1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
When you talk about megadosing bcaa's, what would be a safe megadose for a kid my age? Because my multivitamin says take two for adults and that is a little two much for me it makes me sick, so i just want to clarify this.

thanks

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BCAAs are safe to mega-dose for almost any age.

drewh10987

drewh10987

Awards
  • Established
When you talk about megadosing bcaa's, what would be a safe megadose for a kid my age? Because my multivitamin says take two for adults and that is a little two much for me it makes me sick, so i just want to clarify this.

thanks
Well I don't think you can possibly take in too many BCAAs at any age. Most people say to take somewhere between 30 to 50 grams spread out between pre, during, and post workout. However I'm confused by why you mentioned your multivitamin. A multivitamin is not a source of BCAAs. A mutlivitamin is just a good source of vitamins and minerals to make up for any holes in your diet.

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established
First I would recommend ditching the caps and picking up some powder form BCAAs. They're a lot more convenient, especially for megadosing.

Second, you should defiantly spread them out. However, the most important time for BCAA consumption is during and after your workouts. I would say buy some powder BCAAs and put them into a gallon jug. Take your jug with you when your working out and begin sipping on it before your workout and continue during and after your workout.
This is exactly what I just started doing a few days ago! I just pour my BCAA powder into my gallon jug, fill with high quality H2O, and add some crystal light sometimes! Just chug away!

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

thanks
That sounds weird. BCAA's should not make you sick. Maybe it is the kind you are taking or something? Or maybe you take them with something else?

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
Well I don't think you can possibly take in too many BCAAs at any age. Most people say to take somewhere between 30 to 50 grams spread out between pre, during, and post workout. However I'm confused by why you mentioned your multivitamin. A multivitamin is not a source of BCAAs. A mutlivitamin is just a good source of vitamins and minerals to make up for any holes in your diet.
That sounds weird. BCAA's should not make you sick. Maybe it is the kind you are taking or something? Or maybe you take them with something else?
you guys are killing me. The multi vit. was just a reference. He gets sick if he takes the recommended dosage so he wanted if the same would happen if he took to many grams of BCAAs. He is not getting sick off the BCAAs yet; Just the vitamins.
As for the question, i imagine taking to much at one time could make you sick. As long as you split it up over the day you should be fine

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
well today my car got broken in and close to 1000 dollars+ worth of stuff including some new supplements got stolen including bcaa caps etc. :(

mrSlate

Awards
I have tried 2 different bcaa powders and both havent disolved very well. The first was ON and I think i just got a bad batch, so I returned it and they let me exchange it. The second was extend grape and it leaves chunks too. How are bulk at NP for disolving? Because the chunks are little bitter.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Why do you feel the need to megadose bcaas? Are you having trouble consuming enough adequate protein on a daily basis?

tattoopierced1

I spread mine out, usually with protein meals. I'll do 5g with breakfast, 5g pre workout, 10g post workout, and 5g before bed.

tattoopierced1

I have tried 2 different bcaa powders and both havent disolved very well. The first was ON and I think i just got a bad batch, so I returned it and they let me exchange it. The second was extend grape and it leaves chunks too. How are bulk at NP for disolving? Because the chunks are little bitter.
If you are having troubles with BCAA mixing up, let the powder sit for 15-20 minutes before you consume it. This usually clears any left over powder that did not mix up. I think pretty much all BCAA powders have this issue, you just have to let it sit a little bit.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
If you are having troubles with BCAA mixing up, let the powder sit for 15-20 minutes before you consume it. This usually clears any left over powder that did not mix up. I think pretty much all BCAA powders have this issue, you just have to let it sit a little bit.
except for XTEND. That stuff is amazing. Im expecting my 2nd tub this week from nutra. If i would still pony up and buy the big boy tub.

Anyway, wish someone had that formula to make bcaa's taste like xtend's version...hmmmm

thanks

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why do you feel the need to megadose bcaas? Are you having trouble consuming enough adequate protein on a daily basis?
They are a great natural anabolic. I am a big proponent of using them in this fashion during a cut to avoid catabolism and possibly adding some LBM.

drewh10987

drewh10987

Awards
  • Established
They are a great natural anabolic. I am a big proponent of using them in this fashion during a cut to avoid catabolism and possibly adding some LBM.
I agree completely. They help keep your body in an anabolic state and out of a catabolic one. What more could you ask for? And they also actually work.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
I agree completely. They help keep your body in an anabolic state and out of a catabolic one. What more could you ask for? And they also actually work.
Yep...exactly....sometimes if im in need of a few grams of protein, ill just throw a few scoops in a bottle of water, and drink away....keep me anabolic...

AA + AA + AA + AA + AA = protein (you get the point)

james1

james1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was just asking if I would get sick from taking to high of a dose like I do when I take the recommended multivitamin dose. Sry I wasnt clear on that

drewh10987

drewh10987

Awards
  • Established
I was just asking if I would get sick from taking to high of a dose like I do when I take the recommended multivitamin dose. Sry I wasnt clear on that
Its all good. You were clear, I just somehow missed the part about the recommended dose making you sick. I doubt you will have any problems with BCAAs though.