What's a good supplement that raises ACTH levels?

Matt Skiba

Matt Skiba

Awards
ACTH is adrenocorticotropic hormone. I had a recent bloodwork that shows that I have low levels of it, significantly below the reference range.

I think it might have some effect in stimulating the HPTA, and also releasing melanotan, which may oddly have both a skin color element and sexual function regulating properties. Frankly I'm not too informed on what it does exactly, just that I'm low on it.

Any help is appreciated.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Google Testofen and see if that might help you out.

Edit: Here's a partial write-up.

Testofen Benefits

How does it work?

Researchers believe Testofen’s proposed methods of action are:

1. Testofen™ seems to have mode of action through the Adrenal Cortex. It seems to stimulate the secretion of Corticotropin Releasing Hormone [ CRH ] from the Hypothalamus in the brain.

2. The CRH reaches the Anterior Pituitary Gland and stimulates it to produce
Adrenocorticotropic Hormone [ ACTH ]. ACTH then acts on the cells of the Adrenal Cortex stimulating them to produce Androgens. Androgens are precursors to Testosterone with Testosterone like activity, the common one being Androstenedione. Testosterone itself has 19 carbons and such a steroidal skeleton in general is called as an Androgenic Skeleton.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Maybe Reset ad could help. Take a look at preg.

Matt Skiba

Matt Skiba

Awards
Testofen definitely seems like it'd be worth a shot, all these pills are definitely piling up and taking a hit on my wallet, but it's a small price to pay to make myself get better.

As for Reset AD I'm currently taking it, and I think it has helped a bit.

One thing that I wonder about that is even though the dose is pretty low whether the pregnenolone in it causes any suppression within the body?

I'm also currently using Dermacrine Sustain and Paravol, is it safe to combine all this stuff?

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Testofen definitely seems like it'd be worth a shot, all these pills are definitely piling up and taking a hit on my wallet, but it's a small price to pay to make myself get better.

As for Reset AD I'm currently taking it, and I think it has helped a bit.

One thing that I wonder about that is even though the dose is pretty low whether the pregnenolone in it causes any suppression within the body?

I'm also currently using Dermacrine Sustain and Paravol, is it safe to combine all this stuff?

I think you'd be ok. Preg is not suppressive at all. I think you could try a higher dose and see. Or add pure preg. for a cheaper price.

Matt Skiba

Matt Skiba

Awards
Interesting, I wonder if the pregnenolone in Reset AD is bio-identical, I also wonder if it even matters like it does for Progesterone.

As for testofen, I'm thinking I might as well just get some Fenugreek from GNC or something since it doesn't seem to contain much anything else.

ISA-Test also claims to raise ACTH levels, though the reviews on it don't seem that great.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Im not sure why in the world you would want to increase ACTH or Corticotropin Releasing Hormone. These are the hormones that encourage the adrenal glands to release more stress hormones such as corticosterone and cortisol. (not good in excess)

The gonadotropes that release androgens are LH and FSH.… Any role that ACTH may have in androgen production would be through encouraging DHEA production in the adrenals… but it wont encourage the production of down-steam androgens like Androstenedione or Testosterone. The adrenals don’t have the steroidogenic enzymes for this.

Take a look at our hormone tree (Hover over the adrenal gland)–

Hormone Tree for hormone conversion pathways and functions.

-Pp

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i saw somewhere ghrp-6 raises ACTH

BrainDoc

Awards
Easy. Just lay off the Caffeine and other stimulants and try not to stress. I know I love coffee too but, caffeine raises cortisol levels (a necessary hormone to deal with stress) which inhibit CRH production in the hypothalamus which in turn does not stimulate the Anterior Pituitary to release ACTH. High cortisol levels also induce fat storage around the middle. I have personally never tried supplementation to raise ACTH I try to protect my liver, but hopefully 12 years of medical education can pull through for you.