Musclemilk!! - AnabolicMinds.com

Musclemilk!!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. flamingsoulz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    21
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    105

    Reputation

    Musclemilk!!


    how good is musclemilk?i was thinking about buying 2 jars thats 5lb from gnc since its basically half price at 47.99 and i just checked it at the site not long ago....

  2. TripDog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,084
    Rep Power
    5550

    Reputation

    if its the original one there is waaaaaaaaaaay to much fat in there.......you may as well go to steak and shake and get a milkshake..........look for a good low fat low carb whey isolate .....cant beat the best...and dont judge quality by taste.......good protiens usually dont taste as good..
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  3. flamingsoulz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    21
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    105

    Reputation

    so far i've only tried on 100% whey vanilla ice cream but does musclemilk actually help bulk up?
    •   
       

  4. TripDog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,084
    Rep Power
    5550

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by flamingsoulz View Post
    so far i've only tried on 100% whey vanilla ice cream but does musclemilk actually help bulk up?
    well i just noticed your 14....so what are your goals right now?...at your age your metabolism should be rather high...how much do you weigh? food is the best thing to bulk,when i was your age and i wanted to bulk i ate peanutbutter sandwiches everynight before bed....do you weight train currently?
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  5. dhuge67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    796
    Rep Power
    487

    Reputation

    Muscle Milk is about perfect on the anabolic diet.

    If you are within your carb allowance for the day, the 12 grams won't hurt you and it's a good before-bed option. However, i'd save it for before bed while on the anabolic diet, because you want to be sure that the carbs in MM won't put you over the edge.
  6. TripDog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,084
    Rep Power
    5550

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dhuge67 View Post
    Muscle Milk is about perfect on the anabolic diet.

    If you are within your carb allowance for the day, the 12 grams won't hurt you and it's a good before-bed option. However, i'd save it for before bed while on the anabolic diet, because you want to be sure that the carbs in MM won't put you over the edge.
    define "the anabolic diet"
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  7. flamingsoulz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    21
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    105

    Reputation

    right now i want to gain lean muscles...i weigh 135pounds and im on a break on weight training since my forearm is still injured and my neck hurts
  8. dhuge67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    796
    Rep Power
    487

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    define "the anabolic diet"
    Ahh, it has been rebranded to become more mainstream sounding, but the original Anabolic Diet is now the Metabolic Diet.

    The Metabolic Diet - Obviously, ignore the supplement ****. It's a good diet, but the guy is obviously trying to make his living off of a supplement line rather than by selling books.

    This is also similar: TESTOSTERONE NATION - Refined Physique Transformation
  9. flamingsoulz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    21
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    105

    Reputation

    this is how im gonna start for the next 12 weeks after i heal
    Mon:
    Chest
    Triceps
    Abs

    Tue:
    Cardio

    Wed:
    Back
    Biceps

    Thu:
    Cardio

    Fri:
    Shoulders
    Legs
    Abs
  10. dhuge67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    796
    Rep Power
    487

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by flamingsoulz View Post
    right now i want to gain lean muscles...i weigh 135pounds and im on a break on weight training since my forearm is still injured and my neck hurts
    Well you aren't going to gain muscle simply by supplementing with a protein powder, if you aren't lifting...

    And at 135 lbs, I doubt you're on Anadrol.
  11. Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,008
    Rep Power
    917970

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dhuge67 View Post
    Well you aren't going to gain muscle simply by supplementing with a protein powder, if you aren't lifting...

    And at 135 lbs, I doubt you're on Anadrol.
    Where did you read he was taking anadrol??
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  12. flamingsoulz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    21
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    105

    Reputation

    i kno that i wont gain muscles from not working out im just planning ahead with supplements when school is going be very busy for me
  13. TripDog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,084
    Rep Power
    5550

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by flamingsoulz View Post
    this is how im gonna start for the next 12 weeks after i heal
    Mon:
    Chest
    Triceps
    Abs

    Tue:
    Cardio

    Wed:
    Back
    Biceps

    Thu:
    Cardio

    Fri:
    Shoulders
    Legs
    Abs
    that looks good buddy...remember to try to get some protein in as soon as your done lifting....a shake preferably,or a bar is a good second option......hit it hard man!!! good luck
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  14. djbombsquad's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,857
    Rep Power
    353390

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I though it was garbage. I personally did not like it.
  15. MentalTwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,516
    Rep Power
    2354

    Reputation

    I liked it. But get or make a gainer. As sad as it osunds i liked BSN True Mass alot. I know have ProComplex now. Like Trip said though taste means nada. MM is usually voted on of the top 3 best tasting.
    I never did get my hands on some A.I. Isolate, oh yea it's casue prices would have rapped me.
  16. pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    muscle milk is good if you are 135lbs. youll love it. you can add it to oats too.
  17. gdbear65's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    48
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    239

    Reputation

    Musclemilk is supposedly formulated to mimic the effects of ingesting human breast milk. They've got some great flavors. My favorite is mocha joe.
  18. jonny21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,254
    Rep Power
    3915

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by flamingsoulz View Post
    how good is musclemilk?i was thinking about buying 2 jars thats 5lb from gnc since its basically half price at 47.99 and i just checked it at the site not long ago....
    Forget GNC, unless you are looking to spend more than you have to.

    Follow the link, a better price and a board sponsor:

    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/6...-naturals.html
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC
  19. TripDog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,084
    Rep Power
    5550

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny21 View Post
    Forget GNC, unless you are looking to spend more than you have to.

    Follow the link, a better price and a board sponsor:

    Muscle Milk Naturals (2.48 lb) By Cytosport
    i only buy at gnc if i REALLY have too....there prices are ridiculous.........

    nutraplanet is the snaps!!!!!.....i get my stuff in like 3 days
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  20. flamingsoulz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    21
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    105

    Reputation

    i kno gnc is a rip but right now its 47.99 for a 5lb jar which seems pretty good to me and if i buy from nutraplanet it will be about $54 total with shipping :P

    im going to just buy 1 jar for now
  21. pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    see but with the 5lber you cant change flavor half way so choose wisely grasshoppah!
  22. bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,697
    Rep Power
    513131

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    MM is pretty good for bulking but drop it when you want to cut. Adding oats will slow or inhibit fat absorption slightly.
  23. jonny21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,254
    Rep Power
    3915

    Reputation

    2-2.48lb MM @ Nutraplanet = 39.98 + shipping = 48.98 no tax unless you same state as them.

    Your call though. It is an excellent choice for you.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC
  24. smiththrs03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    119

    Reputation

    muscle milk has too much fat but it tastes like a dessert if you get it get it muscle milk light
  25. dhuge67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    796
    Rep Power
    487

    Reputation
  26. smiththrs03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    119

    Reputation

    not 8 grams of saturated fat senor
  27. dhuge67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    796
    Rep Power
    487

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by smiththrs03 View Post
    not 8 grams of saturated fat senor
    Eh, that's not too big of a deal. I'd say that the 6g of Sugar in it is far worse, especially for someone who is into building muscle.
  28. smiththrs03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    119

    Reputation

    all in all go with a good whey protien
  29. TripDog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,084
    Rep Power
    5550

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dhuge67 View Post
    Eh, that's not too big of a deal. I'd say that the 6g of Sugar in it is far worse, especially for someone who is into building muscle.
    uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............n o!
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  30. dhuge67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    796
    Rep Power
    487

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............n o!
    Uh, yes. You need to read more about fat and how important it is (even sat) to boosting T (among other things) to high-natural levels.

    The Anabolic Diet works for a reason.

    Muscle Milk is a good cheat protein source, especially before bed. If you're on a 30 g of carbs or less diet, then MM is great, but only if you have the carbs (12g) to spare.
  31. smiththrs03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    119

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dhuge67 View Post
    Uh, yes. You need to read more about fat and how important it is (even sat) to boosting T (among other things) to high-natural levels.

    The Anabolic Diet works for a reason.

    Muscle Milk is a good cheat protein source, especially before bed. If you're on a 30 g of carbs or less diet, then MM is great, but only if you have the carbs (12g) to spare.
    8 grams of sat fat is almost all you should have in you entire day not to mention the heart risks
  32. TripDog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,084
    Rep Power
    5550

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dhuge67 View Post
    Uh, yes. You need to read more about fat and how important it is (even sat) to boosting T (among other things) to high-natural levels.

    The Anabolic Diet works for a reason.

    Muscle Milk is a good cheat protein source, especially before bed. If you're on a 30 g of carbs or less diet, then MM is great, but only if you have the carbs (12g) to spare.
    maybe you need to read the quote i comented on......no sh*t fat is healthy.....not saturated fat!!!!!.Dude im a certified nutrition counselor.....trust me your not gonna teach me anything
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  33. Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,328
    Rep Power
    13068

    Reputation

    Well dude, you're 14 and MM won't really be that detrimental to you right now but you should build good habits right now and stick to solid foods with limited amounts of protein powder or MRP's. You'll be better off in the long run but hind sight isn't always 20/20 when you're 14. I personally think Lean Mass Matrix is a better option then MM.
  34. dhuge67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    796
    Rep Power
    487

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    maybe you need to read the quote i comented on......no sh*t fat is healthy.....not saturated fat!!!!!.Dude im a certified nutrition counselor.....trust me your not gonna teach me anything
    Well, I don't think you should carry around that attitude, regardless of if it's true or not. You might be surprised and maybe I could teach you something...

    If I were a nutrition counselor, I would make it a priority to read up on the Anabolic Diet because it's a real solution for a lot of people's fat gain problems; especially those with the propensity to be fat. And on that diet, Sat Fat (while not the preferred source of intake, obviously) is about as big of a deal as Kenny Lofton being traded again.
  35. jonny21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,254
    Rep Power
    3915

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dhuge67 View Post
    If I were a nutrition counselor, I would make it a priority to read up on the Anabolic Diet because it's a real solution for a lot of people's fat gain problems; especially those with the propensity to be fat. And on that diet, Sat Fat (while not the preferred source of intake, obviously) is about as big of a deal as Kenny Lofton being traded again.
    Your last sentence speaks volumes as to the problem with this diet.

    I have read up on it. And I would not recommend it to anyone looking for a long term solution. I have to deal with the results of these "Fad" diets constantly. Please do not try to convince me as I am sure that I am as qualified, if not more qualified, than those where you seem to be getting your information.

    This diet is not a good lifelong diet. I would recommend if you are resolved to continue, you treat it like a CKD
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC
  36. dhuge67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    796
    Rep Power
    487

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny21 View Post
    Your last sentence speaks volumes as to the problem with this diet.

    I have read up on it. And I would not recommend it to anyone looking for a long term solution. I have to deal with the results of these "Fad" diets constantly. Please do not try to convince me as I am sure that I am as qualified, if not more qualified, than those where you seem to be getting your information.

    This diet is not a good lifelong diet. I would recommend if you are resolved to continue, you treat it like a CKD
    I'm not really concerned with your personal belief that it is not a lifelong possibility as a diet. Many people have adopted it and it has given them great results, not only externally, but internally.

    Conventional wisdom is called 'conventional' for a reason; it is what is GENERALLY done or BELIEVED. However, people tend to discover things anecdotally, long before studies or governing bodies get around to "deem" such dietary habits as safe, effective, and possible for the long-term. In some cases, it's good to radicalize what you think you know, and you may be surprised to find radical results.

    I side with those who have extrapolated that this diet is applicable to those who have had problems dealing with their body in how it responds to carbohydrates and the subsequent insulin response.

    Of course there's more than one way to skin a cat, but this a darn good one and you shouldn't dismiss it even if you have "read about it."
  37. bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,697
    Rep Power
    513131

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    You both have good points, however the thread originator is 14 and should have zero problems with some extra sat fat. When I was that age, I ate pretty much pure fat, high fructose corn syrup and french fries all the time and still couldn't put on weight..bf or otherwise. I think the take home message for our young friend right now is upping his protein and overall calorie intake no matter what it takes.
  38. Big BAMA's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,409
    Rep Power
    1303

    Reputation

    I like how MM taste but the Fat content makes me shy away from it. There are better mixes out there that cost less and have less fat. If I need extra fat I'll grab my wifes fanny.
  39. musclemilk40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    muscle milk is for babies


    muscle milk is for babies. If your under 20, drink it, if your over 20 you should graduate to something a little more advanced like intra pro from gaspari or syntha 6.

    im out
  40. pushinweightw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  224 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    416
    Rep Power
    19174

    Reputation

    Whenever I have used it I always used 1 scoop MM and one scoop straight whey, for me it was a good mix.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Premixing Musclemilk
    By Imskyhigh87 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-22-2012, 01:12 AM
  2. cyto sport musclemilk
    By james c in forum Supplements
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-16-2007, 07:22 PM
  3. cyto sport musclemilk vs maxi muscle cyclone
    By james c in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-15-2007, 08:40 AM
  4. MuscleMilk Pudding
    By Bull6125 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-10-2007, 12:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in