11-oxo = 3-AD??? - AnabolicMinds.com

11-oxo = 3-AD???

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.

11-oxo = 3-AD???

forgive my ignorance, but several postings have left me thoroughly confused. is 11-oxo the same as 3-AD?

to showcase my confusion, I am taking 11-oxo for cortisol control during my post-cycle therapy. if it indeed is the same as 3-AD, which needs pct, I may be screwing things up. Could someone clear this up for me? Fortunately I am only on day 3, so it's early enough to change without consequences.

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.

YES!

you NEED post cycle therapy for 11-oxo!
  3. New Member

Its not a terribly big time PCT for oxo. I am going to be starting mine in about a week or so. I will let you know how it goes. I am taking advanced PCT, Reset AD, Kreaceps, Citruval, and incarnate for mine. If I was worried about libido I would be taking paravol but I just broke up so...
    •   

4. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by rxp1997 View Post
    forgive my ignorance, but several postings have left me thoroughly confused. is 11-oxo the same as 3-AD?

to showcase my confusion, I am taking 11-oxo for cortisol control during my post-cycle therapy. if it indeed is the same as 3-AD, which needs post cycle therapy, I may be screwing things up. Could someone clear this up for me? Fortunately I am only on day 3, so it's early enough to change without consequences.
    Yes, 3-AD/11-OXO can be suppressive although not very much. It is mild. At low doses you wouldnt see much suppression. It shouldn't be thought of as a post cycle therapy compound though. Honestly, at a low/normal dose for only 4 weeks a 18-30 year old male should bounce back EXTREMELY well from 11-OXO/3-AD alone. I dont even know if it would require a long SERM based post cycle therapy like most androgens and pro-hormones (designers). If you have a SERM a couple weeks wont hurt I guess. Just keep in mind its not horribly suppressive. I highly doubt you will notice any testicle atrophy and this is the main sign that you are shut down. A lot of guys in the 80's and early 90's didnt even know what the hell PCT was... LOL

There is some more information at the end of this review I'm doing of 3-AD.

3-AD Super Cutter
    That which does not kill us makes us stronger - Friedrich Nietzsche
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.

i was concerned about taking something that requires pct as part of my pct. the product marketing touts it as cortisol controller and makes no mention of requiring pct. The funny yet sad part is i emailed customer service about dosage and in my email told them I was using it for controlling cortisol during my pct, and Jared at customer support raised no red flags...

I will be switching to Retain2.

Also, to NutraPlanet, it might be a good idea to update the product info.
  6. Advanced Member

i was concerned about taking something that requires post cycle therapy as part of my post cycle therapy. the product marketing touts it as cortisol controller and makes no mention of requiring post cycle therapy. The funny yet sad part is i emailed customer service about dosage and in my email told them I was using it for controlling cortisol during my post cycle therapy, and Jared at customer support raised no red flags...

I will be switching to Retain2.

Also, to NutraPlanet, it might be a good idea to update the product info.
    Well, to be quite honest, If you were coming off a REAL cycle (test, tren, etc.) this probably WOULD be very beneficial for keeping cortisol in check during a long, slow recovery process. This type of situation does not occur with normal, short prohormone cycles and especially not 11-OXO.

moreover, anabolic steroids upregulate glucocorticoid receptors, which is a VERY bad thing when you quit taking the anabolic steroids. then you will really need something to modify cortisol levels.
    From that perspective, it would even make sense to use low-dose 11-oxo for post cycle therapy after any harsh or prolonged anabolic steroids cycle.

PA, just as a idea: I am sure that 11-oxo would be of high interest for the guys int he steroid section who seek something to improve post cycle therapy and minimize muscle loss after cycle.

a very low dose would apparently be not suppressive but sufficient for cortisol modulation.
    To sum things up:

A) I doubt you were that shut down to begin with.
    B) 11-oxo did not ruin your post cycle therapy, it may not have sped it up but your cortisol is in check. It takes a VERY high dose of 11-OXO to be suppressive.

Ergo's marketing claims about 11-OXO have been accurate and down to earth from what I have seen so far.

Calm down, You will be fine.... I love how everyone gets all excited about a proper post cycle therapy yet slamming fistfuls of methyls is commonplace. God I love this industry.
    That which does not kill us makes us stronger - Friedrich Nietzsche
  7. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    Calm down, You will be fine.... I love how everyone gets all excited about a proper post cycle therapy yet slamming fistfuls of methyls is commonplace. God I love this industry.
    Yeah, who cares about my liver as long as I dont get B17C# tits...
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.

it was a 7week havoc cycle, and I just started my pct (day 4), so I dont think its ruined. It would have been nice to know it's not suppressive at low-doses (3caps/day?) and requiring pct at higher (6caps/day?). Being my first cycle/pct, I put a lot of thought into it and chose 11-oxo for cortisol control, and I naturally have that fear of doing things wrong as I lack cycle experience to back me up. sorry for coming a little strong, and I appreciate the advice.

Me thinks I'll save the 11-oxo for my next "on" cycle as pwo cort control.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.

Maybe good for a pulse cycle? You know just mentioning pulse cyles is becoming so trendy - I'm trendy!
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.

it was a 7week havoc cycle, and I just started my post cycle therapy (day 4), so I dont think its ruined.
    Hey RXP...what are you taking for PCT besides 11-OXO?
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thewilman View Post
    Hey RXP...what are you taking for post cycle therapy besides 11-OXO?
    torem 120/90/60/30
    atd 25/50/50/75
    maca, fenugeek, paravol
    TNA (the usplabs kind until libido kicks in, then hopefully some of the female kind )
    11-oxo
    adding MassFX to keep strength gains in weeks 2-4
    cycle support
    Poseidon
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.

torem 120/90/60/30
    atd 25/50/50/75
    maca, fenugeek, paravol
    TNA (the usplabs kind until libido kicks in, then hopefully some of the female kind )
    11-oxo
    cycle support
    Poseidon
    Phew! I thought you were taking 11-OXO ALONE for a 7 week Havoc cycle. I think as long as you drop the 11-OXO, you'll be fine w/ Torem and ATD. Well planned PCT. Consider Lean Xtreme for Cortisol. Good luck!

BTW, how were your gains after 7 weeks on Havoc?
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.

I trolled posts for months before getting the cojones to try my first cycle, with a newbie-friendly ph, and then a few more before coming up with my pct (call it a concensus of all good pcts I have seen in this board).

the gains were really good, went from 224 to 233 with no discernable fat gain, got some nice mass on most bodyparts and nice cuts on the delts. If I can keep my weight at 230 I will be very happy. strength did climb, but I also started DC and I scheduled my 7week blast during my cycle, so I can't tell how much came from DC and how much from havoc. I plan another one in like 4 months, a short 4week w/o the slow ramp, going straight to 40mg. Thinking of adding furazadrol to that one....
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.

I trolled posts for months before getting the cojones to try my first cycle, with a newbie-friendly ph, and then a few more before coming up with my post cycle therapy (call it a concensus of all good pcts I have seen in this board).

the gains were really good, went from 224 to 233 with no discernable fat gain, got some nice mass on most bodyparts and nice cuts on the delts. If I can keep my weight at 230 I will be very happy. strength did climb, but I also started DC and I scheduled my 7week blast during my cycle, so I can't tell how much came from DC and how much from havoc. I plan another one in like 4 months, a short 4week w/o the slow ramp, going straight to 40mg. Thinking of adding furazadrol to that one....
    You did a great job. Nice gains. There's some posts about stacking furazadrol and epi/havoc around. Looks like an interesting stack.
  15. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.

torem 120/90/60/30
    atd 25/50/50/75
    maca, fenugeek, paravol
    11-oxo
    cycle support
    Poseidon
    just so you know, the ATD will most likely KILL your libido........
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by macedaddy View Post
    just so you know, the ATD will most likely KILL your libido........
    Roger that, that's why I added the maca, fenugreek and paravol (and TNA has some trib in there) . I'm kicking in the mfx in weeks 2-4 for strength and for libido too as the atd dosage goes up, might add powerfull the last week or two as I have a big tub of bulk still lying around. it can't be as bad as the second half of my cycle, it can only get better...
  17. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.

Roger that, that's why I added the maca, fenugreek and paravol (and TNA has some trib in there) . I'm kicking in the mfx in weeks 2-4 for strength and for libido too as the atd dosage goes up, might add powerfull the last week or two as I have a big tub of bulk still lying around. it can't be as bad as the second half of my cycle, it can only get better...
    why not add the powerfull in from the start? i am not that familiar with it, but i am pretty sure one of its benefits is prolactin-inhibitor.......
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.

yeah, thought about it, but i didn't want a kitchen-sink stack, thought I'd add it if libido still was low or recovery was harder w/o the havoc in my system. didn't know prolactin-inhibition was one of it's effects, might reconsider... right now more interested in getting the right cortisol supp for pct (most likely retain2 or lx)

appreciate the input
  19. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by macedaddy View Post
    YES!

you NEED post cycle therapy for 11-oxo!
    you sure?

he said he is taking 11-oxo for PCT

11-oxo is marketed as a selective cortisol modulator

3-ad as a prohormone

this means 11-oxo dosage is low, according to pat/rushi no PCT is required if dosage is low, unless one decides to megadose on 11-oxo

in your case 3-ad requires PCT because of the higher dosage

11-oxo low dose of for cortisol control should not require PCT
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by raptor2003 View Post
    you sure?

he said he is taking 11-oxo for post cycle therapy

11-oxo is marketed as a selective cortisol modulator

3-ad as a prohormone

this means 11-oxo dosage is low, according to pat/rushi no PCT is required if dosage is low, unless one decides to megadose on 11-oxo

in your case 3-ad requires PCT because of the higher dosage

11-oxo low dose of for cortisol control should not require PCT
    He was taking 11-OXO AS PCT for a Havoc Cycle. Read the earlier posts.
  21. New Member

to showcase my confusion, I am taking 11-oxo for cortisol control during my post-cycle therapy. if it indeed is the same as 3-AD, which needs post cycle therapy, I may be screwing things up. Could someone clear this up for me? Fortunately I am only on day 3, so it's early enough to change without consequences.
    cortisol control is the key word

unless he chimes in and say 11-oxo is the only thing in his PCT arsenal

anyways PCT for havoc requires much more than just 11-oxo be it low or high dose
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.

Hey RXP...what are you taking for post cycle therapy besides 11-OXO?
    torem 120/90/60/30
    atd 25/50/50/75
    maca, fenugeek, paravol
    11-oxo
    cycle support
    Poseidon
    Phew! I thought you were taking 11-OXO ALONE for a 7 week Havoc cycle. I think as long as you drop the 11-OXO, you'll be fine w/ Torem and ATD. Well planned post cycle therapy. Consider Lean Xtreme for Cortisol. Good luck!

BTW, how were your gains after 7 weeks on Havoc?
  23. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.

the oxo was just part of my havoc pct, the intended use was to control cortisol. I don't what the dosing/serving is for 3-AD as I yet have to see a label, but I dug a little deeper (which I probably shuld've in the first place) and got this at the ergopharm website

"It is important to mention that being a precursor to the active androgen 11-oxotestosterone, exceeding the recommend dose and duration of use may result in increased risk of androgenic side effects and HPTA suppression. This suppression while minimal at the recommended dosage, can temporarily effect fertility and sex hormone production at higher dosages"

Now, my interest DURING pct was to kickstart HPTA, regardless of how suppressed it was, and with that goal in mind it seems counterproductive to take something that is suppressive (minimally or not). There are other ways to control cortisol that are not suppresive, so I will opt for those (actually bought LX last night).

this is not to say 11-oxo is a bad product, I am saving the bottle for my next cycle, for me it was just the wrong product for pct.
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.

25. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by raptor2003 View Post
    cortisol control is the key word

unless he chimes in and say 11-oxo is the only thing in his post cycle therapy arsenal

anyways PCT for havoc requires much more than just 11-oxo be it low or high dose
    Can you take 11-OXO WITH Havoc (or Epistane, Epidrol, etc) and not just for/during PCT?
  26. Featured Author

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

i was concerned about taking something that requires post cycle therapy as part of my post cycle therapy. the product marketing touts it as cortisol controller and makes no mention of requiring post cycle therapy. The funny yet sad part is i emailed customer service about dosage and in my email told them I was using it for controlling cortisol during my post cycle therapy, and Jared at customer support raised no red flags...

i am gonna slap him

where the f*ck is he
  27. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.

PA, didn't want to get anyone in trouble, by the same token I wanted to add credibility to my statement of contacting you guys so I used his name.
  28. New Member

PA, didn't want to get anyone in trouble, by the same token I wanted to add credibility to my statement of contacting you guys so I used his name.
    Hey, it is not your fault. That is what you get when you hire a sangwhich artist

29. Featured Author

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

i am gonna rip his f*cking throat out
  30. Elite Member

umm..wow
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    I'm finally getting your sense of humor!
  32. Banned

Somebody is gonna get an ass whooping ?? I want VIDEO FEED !!!!!!!
  33. Banned

Sounds Kinky Pat
  34. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.

don't know why, but visions of Patrick Swayze in "Roadhouse" crossed my mind, with that trachea-ripping move of his...

Or maybe it's like that Robot Chicken star wars bit, where they all play along to make Vader believe he has mental choking powers, because the option would be to get sliced and diced with his lightsaber.
  35. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.

1. Reduce your test

2. Increase your est

3. Smoke a dube / eat a hash brownie.

4. Maybe be kind to employee's of your company and show them compassion or treat them how you would want to be treated.

No one wants to be screamed at or physically threatened ( well not for free or from anyone not called Trixie the dominatrix )
  36. New Member

[QUOTE=Patrick Arnold;882004]i am gonna slap him

where the f*ck is he[/QUOTE

First of all I dont ever remember sending an email to anyone saying to use 11oxo for a pct any pct recommendations would have been 6oxo or 6oxo extreme.I get hundreds of emails a day and I try to respond back to them quickly I do sometimes get a brain fart.I am personally doing a 11oxo Havoc stack and it is working very well I must say.

Second Pa bring it on anytime you know where my desk is at.
  37. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by sandman82 View Post
    i am gonna slap him

where the f*ck is he
  38. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    Thank you
  39. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.

[QUOTE=sandman82;884655]
    i am gonna slap him

where the f*ck is he[/QUOTE

First of all I dont ever remember sending an email to anyone saying to use 11oxo for a post cycle therapy any post cycle therapy recommendations would have been 6oxo or 6oxo extreme.I get hundreds of emails a day and I try to respond back to them quickly I do sometimes get a brain fart.I am personally doing a 11oxo Havoc stack and it is working very well I must say.

This is what my email said, to quote:
    ============================== ================
    Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 11:29 AM
    To: 'customerservice@ergopharm.net '
    Subject: 11-OXO question

About to start my pct, will be using 11-oxo for cortisol control. Is there an ideal dosing time, or is breakfast ok? Is 3caps a day good, should I spread them during the day or take in one sitting? I hope 3/day is good enough, twice a day would make this prohibitively too expensive for a 4-week pct.

Thanks for the info
    ============================== ================

to which the response was to minimally dose 3.

Brain farts are ok, they happen.... I'ts all the reading I do in AM that made me wonder after a couple of days as 11-oxo questions starting coming out. Caught early enough, no harm, no foul, will actually do a similar stack to yours in a couple of months. Are you dosing 3 or 6/day, and how much havoc?
  40. New Member

... will actually do a similar stack to yours in a couple of months. Are you dosing 3 or 6/day, and how much havoc?
    Who are you talking too?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 11-Oxo/3-AD
    By BigJoeski3 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-03-2008, 11:16 PM
  2. 11-oxo / 3-AD dosing
    By sweetdaddy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-31-2007, 08:38 PM
  3. 11-Oxo / 3-AD
    By Underdosed in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-28-2007, 11:55 AM
  4. My 3-ad / 11-oxo Question
    By Zero Tolerance in forum Supplements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-31-2007, 04:18 PM
  5. 11-oxo/3-ad cause sleeplessness or anxiety?
    By rkretz in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 12:31 PM