8 Week cutting cycle

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I have decided which diet and training routine I will be doing in <2weeks; now I am dialing in the supplements, and would like a different perspective and feedback. Included is my entire outline for my 8 week cutting cycle

190lbs 15% bf
Diet (The Get Shredded Diet)
1900kcal
30-35% Protein
10-15% Carbs
50-55% Fat

Training (Waterbury Summer Project)
Day 1: Full Body WO
Day 2: HIIT
Day 3: Full Body WO
Day 4: HIIT
Day 5: Full Body WO
Day 6: HIIT
Day 7: Off

Supplements
6-10g Fish Oil
Greens+
Multi-Vitamin 1 serv
ZMA 1 serv
PowerDrive 2 serv am/pm
Xtend 10g BCAA w/5g Creatine 4x
AMP //Might substitute for ALRI Tri-Lean System
NHA Stack w/Lean Extreme
PowerFULL 1 am-2 pre-wo-1 b4 bed
VasoXplode

TIA

upthedose

Awards
You might want to do some research on your "get shredded diet" especially since your fat intake is so high. Anytime you decrease your caloric intake you should increase you protein to preserve as much muscle mass as possible.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I would recommend a 40/40/20 to cut. This has done wonders for me, and I suggest you look into this one.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I presume that is Pro/Fat/Carb?
No, it's 40%pro, 40%carb, 20%fat

If you lower carbs too much, you'll feel drained. Keep this ratio, and lower the cals. 45/35/20 could also be a good one if you want to decrease carbs.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
No problem sir ;) And keep us updated on your progress!

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
don't forget that carbs are protein sparring. Don't neglect their importance. You lower them and all that protein you take in goes towards energy and not muscle preservation. The best thing to do is actually lower your protein and bump up your carbs.

I would suggest a 40carbs/30fats/30protein

Either way in a cut your going to lose muscle. The goal is preserve as much as you can.

Fireproof

Fireproof

Awards
don't forget that carbs are protein sparring. Don't neglect their importance. You lower them and all that protein you take in goes towards energy and not muscle preservation. The best thing to do is actually lower your protein and bump up your carbs.

I would suggest a 40carbs/30fats/30protein

Either way in a cut your going to lose muscle. The goal is preserve as much as you can.

Sorry - but that's just wrong.

Protein is very much muscle-sparing in the right quantities. Do some research on "PSMF" (Protein Sparing Modified Fast). With high protein intake and adequate essential fats, it's possible to lose fat with very little muscle loss.

Also, the statement that "either way in a cut you are going to lose muscle" is not true. If one were getting into contest shape (near 6% bodyfat), then yes, cutting bodyfat with zero muscle loss is very difficult.

But given the proper diet, proper approach, and proper training, one can go from 15% bodyfat to 10% bodyfat easily without muscle loss. (The original poster said he was at 15%).

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Sorry - but that's just wrong.

Protein is very much muscle-sparing in the right quantities. Do some research on "PSMF" (Protein Sparing Modified Fast). With high protein intake and adequate essential fats, it's possible to lose fat with very little muscle loss.

Also, the statement that "either way in a cut you are going to lose muscle" is not true. If one were getting into contest shape (near 6% bodyfat), then yes, cutting bodyfat with zero muscle loss is very difficult.

But given the proper diet, proper approach, and proper training, one can go from 15% bodyfat to 10% bodyfat easily without muscle loss. (The original poster said he was at 15%).
I've always read the latter. Just based on my knowledge/opinion I believe carbs are far far neglected in muscle preservation and building.

I would be very interested to read some articles on psmf if you can recommend a book or reference. My opinion is also based on a "healthy" way to cut. Most individuals I talk to don't feel too well on a low carb diet, even with fat intake high. Your body likes carbs.

peterson24

Awards
  • Established
I'm actually following the Get Shredded Diet now only keeping protein at 35%. 6 weeks in I have not lost any muscle and currently under 10%. So the guidelines work fine and the BCAA's are what protect any muscle loss.

acshadow

acshadow

Awards
  • Established
i was on shredded as well and had great results but my BF% was to high to start with so i came off to rebuild my metabolism before trying it again