Body odor?

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I know its a corny topic, but I need to ask. I have add 2 supps as of late. The supps I have added are Posiedon and AP. Well since I have added these a couple of days later, I have been having stronger body odor especially under the arms. I am one who like to take alot of showers during the day not because I have a odor problem just the fact I like the of the shower. Well what Im asking has anybody else experinced this with poseidon or AP? Also my urine smells different to. My only guess is that posiedon is bringing out some toxins in me through sweat and urine.

:fool2:

livebono

livebono

Awards
I've heard of too much choline or fish oils causing problems like that, are you taking either of those?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey rugger can you post your diet and a list of what you routinely eat. Certain foods can defenitly bring out a diffirent smell if you don't know about it. Tuna for example, if ate in mass quanities can make for some really smelly sweat and BO. I don't think either poseidon or AP would cause a problem like this. Haven't heard of it from any other's on the log, and I've done both products(currently on Poseidon right now) and haven't notice anything.

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
I know its a corny topic, but I need to ask. I have add 2 supps as of late. The supps I have added are Posiedon and AP. Well since I have added these a couple of days later, I have been having stronger body odor especially under the arms. I am one who like to take alot of showers during the day not because I have a odor problem just the fact I like the of the shower. Well what Im asking has anybody else experinced this with poseidon or AP? Also my urine smells different to. My only guess is that posiedon is bringing out some toxins in me through sweat and urine.

You may be getting a detoxing effect (which is a good thing)from Poseidon. Getting rid of toxins at a great rate can tend to cause a foul odor. I haven't heard this (a bad odor)reported with Poseidon yet, but keep us informed.

What is your dosing scheme look like? How much water are you drinking? Also, as mentioned, post your diet if you can.

Workin

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
None of that effect from my use of both products. Maybe your metabolism is kicking in causing a higher body temp and increasing your sweat and odor?

I wanted to say something that sounded semi-intelligent for once...Did it work?

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Ive never had BO problems from choline or fish oil, but I know liquid chlorophyll can help.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
my diet is pretty decent. My diet is about the regular workoutaholic,some shakes around workout,some tuna chicken and some beef, nothing unuasual, its a pretty simple diet. Im not cutting or bulking or what not. Pretty much the same before and after my supplemetation of ap and posiedon. I am pretty intune with my body. these are the only 2 supps i have added. Im not saying I have had neg. reaction from these supps. basically nothing different with my diet before snd after I started taking these.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
None of that effect from my use of both products. Maybe your metabolism is kicking in causing a higher body temp and increasing your sweat and odor?

I wanted to say something that sounded semi-intelligent for once...Did it work?
I'm proud of you Jay.:D

Rugger it could very well be a detox effect then, which given a little time should subside. How many servings of poseidon are you taking a day, and what is your dosage schedule?

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm proud of you Jay.:D

Rugger it could very well be a detox effect then, which given a little time should subside. How many servings of poseidon are you taking a day, and what is your dosage schedule?
I have a 40 ounces bottle that fill up with water add like 3 scoops to it. I drink about 2 bottles through out the day. So about 6 servings a day, aside from the first day I havent really just gulped down a serving.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That sounds ideal. Just keep at it and keep us informed.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
That sounds ideal. Just keep at it and keep us informed.

I will tell you its definitly a nice product, I can really feel a difference, I dont know how to explain it, I guess the overall feel of well being. Today I got my wife a bottle and put 3 scoops in for her, I wanna see how she does with this.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I am not taking posideon but I am taking AP and The first few days I would get some gas about thirty minutes after my meals. I mean peel the wallpaper off the wall. Wifey definitely hated the dutch oven I gave her. I don't know if it was the AP or the X-mass/Phera-max but Whew! I am better now but that was a rough few days.:gas:

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will tell you its definitly a nice product, I can really feel a difference, I dont know how to explain it, I guess the overall feel of well being. Today I got my wife a bottle and put 3 scoops in for her, I wanna see how she does with this.
Glad to see your liking it man. It is hard to exactly describe the feeling that you get with Poseidon, you just know it's working by how good you feel. Let us know about the wifey.

Big BAMA the number one cause of all divorces is the dreaded DUTCH OVEN.:D

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Let us know how your wife likes it...warn her about the possibility of a flush though...she may not be expecting it ;-) Or is that the plan :think: lol!

Workin

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
I started my wife on it last week. She likes it.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I started my wife on it last week. She likes it.
Poseidon-"Bringing families closer":D

Good to hear glsa17, how's it still kicking for you?

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
Poseidon-"Bringing families closer":D

Good to hear glsa17, how's it still kicking for you?
Very well. I will try to keep this a staple. Nice to see you helping Nimbus. I wish you well.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very well. I will try to keep this a staple. Nice to see you helping Nimbus. I wish you well.
Glad to see you approval of the product and thanks.:)

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established

it is possible that the urine changes are due to the b vitamins in Poseidon. BTW - i do agree in supplementing extra pantothenic acid, niacin, and Pyridoxine but only in addition to a b complex. if you are only taking poseidon - are you getting enough of all your b vitamins? i've also read that calcium aids in the absorption of the b vitamins - are you getting a multi min cap in too?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it is possible that the urine changes are due to the b vitamins in Poseidon. BTW - i do agree in supplementing extra pantothenic acid, niacin, and Pyridoxine but only in addition to a b complex. if you are only taking poseidon - are you getting enough of all your b vitamins? i've also read that calcium aids in the absorption of the b vitamins - are you getting a multi min cap in too?

I really believe that with Poseidon the intack of additional b vitamins really isn't necessary. It has a really good profile of the b vit like niacin, B-5, B-6, folic acid and b-12. If you feel you could use the addition of some Thiamin, and Riboflavin then an additional supp might be warranted. Personally, I trashed my B lozengas when I started Poseidon and the effects have been far better in terms of energy and vitality. As for the absorption, Nimbus uses a patent pending delievery method (which I'll let workin comment on) that takes really enhances much more then your average b supp. The addition of a Ca supplement just for absorption issues isn't really warranted IMO.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
I really believe that with Poseidon the intack of additional b vitamins really isn't necessary. It has a really good profile of the b vit like niacin, B-5, B-6, folic acid and b-12. If you feel you could use the addition of some Thiamin, and Riboflavin then an additional supp might be warranted. Personally, I trashed my B lozengas when I started Poseidon and the effects have been far better in terms of energy and vitality. As for the absorption, Nimbus uses a patent pending delievery method (which I'll let workin comment on) that takes really enhances much more then your average b supp. The addition of a Ca supplement just for absorption issues isn't really warranted IMO.
I agree with prld2gr8ns. If your taking a good multi, it will fill in the gaps as needed/if needed. An additional B-Complex on top of Poseidon and a good Multi would be over kill IMHO. Others may disagree...

A calcium supplement wouldn't hurt and does have many benefits. Poseidon will be absorbed however with or without it. The speed at which it is taken up by the body is very evident by the almost immediate Niacin flush.

Workin

live4fitness

live4fitness

Awards
Okay you guys have convinced me to try this Poseidon product. I take a lot of vit's and drink Stamina due ti the high intake of water I drink :). I hope this product is as good as y'all say it is

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
I didn't even think of this. I take a multi in the morning and vitamin B complex at lunch. So I am going to eliminate the B complex. Thanks for bringing this up.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Okay you guys have convinced me to try this Poseidon product. I take a lot of vit's and drink Stamina due ti the high intake of water I drink :). I hope this product is as good as y'all say it is
You won't be disappointed. Keep us informed on your progress with Poseidon and welcome to the club! You'll be addicted from this point on :D

Workin

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I am going to eliminate the B complex. Thanks for bringing this up.

From personal experience, you want even know there gone.:thumbsup:

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
I agree with prld2gr8ns. If your taking a good multi, it will fill in the gaps as needed/if needed. An additional B-Complex on top of Poseidon and a good Multi would be over kill IMHO. Others may disagree...

A calcium supplement wouldn't hurt and does have many benefits. Poseidon will be absorbed however with or without it. The speed at which it is taken up by the body is very evident by the almost immediate Niacin flush.

Workin
my bad - i didn't catch that he was taking a multi which would provide the complete b as a b complex would - which was my concern.

i would agree to eliminate the extra b complex.

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
From personal experience, you want even know there gone.:thumbsup:
cool.

I also take dissecated liver tablets with every meal. So I get extra b vitamin there. Maybe I will cut back on these as well.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds good. A normal dose of liver supps would be fine IMO.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
cool.

I also take dissecated liver tablets with every meal. So I get extra b vitamin there. Maybe I will cut back on these as well.
How many liver tabs per day do you supplement with?

Workin

live4fitness

live4fitness

Awards
cool.

have you noticed any fat loss with the liver pills? or has your energy just gone up?

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
I use Universal Uni-Liver and I take about 12 - 16 a day. I comsume 4 with my solid food meals.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
About 12/day looks good.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
So does it give you energy? What is the benefit of the liver pills
B vitamins and en excellent source of protein. Many swear by them, many don't see the need. I personally feel, in a calorie deficient state, they can be very helpful at retaining muscle mass.

Workin

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
cool. not interested in over doing it. thanks again.
Anytime glsa17. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to either ask in here or pm/email me.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
B vitamins and en excellent source of protein. Many swear by them, many don't see the need. I personally feel, in a calorie deficient state, they can be very helpful at retaining muscle mass.

Workin
Plus with the protein they have a good dose of the BCAA's leucine, isoleucine, and valine which a lot of us workoutaholics really, really like.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haven't really heard that much with "increasing fat loss", but like workin said, muscle preservation seems to be legit to some. Which, on a body recomp or cut could be very helpful.

live4fitness

live4fitness

Awards
You won't be disappointed. Keep us informed on your progress with Poseidon and welcome to the club! You'll be addicted from this point on :D

Workin
Oh my gosh!!!! I got in last night took this am before the gym with green drink. Then after gym before protein shake. I thought I was having an allergic reaction and going to have to take myself to the ER. I then remembered y'all saying something about a niacin flush. I "B" lined to computer and found out this was normal. Later I was telling my husband who laughted his a$$ off. He then told me he would take before getting on stage at his comp.

So after all that being said should I cut back a little sinca I am a women. I looked like I was sun burned and SURE felt like it too.

Thanks

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Oh my gosh!!!! I got in last night took this am before the gym with green drink. Then after gym before protein shake. I thought I was having an allergic reaction and going to have to take myself to the ER. I then remembered y'all saying something about a niacin flush. I "B" lined to computer and found out this was normal. Later I was telling my husband who laughted his a$$ off. He then told me he would take before getting on stage at his comp.

So after all that being said should I cut back a little sinca I am a women. I looked like I was sun burned and SURE felt like it too.

Thanks
Your body will adjust to it as you begin to rid it of toxins. You may want to cut your dose in half, until it does adjust, if you find it over baring. Also, be sure your consuming enough water with each dose (about 10 oz per serving of Poseidon).

After about a week on Poseidon, you will most likely stop having a flush all together...perhaps a slight tingling sensation, but that's about it...even at a full dose.

You may find this thread to be very helpful in understanding exactly what your body is going through during a Niacin Flush.

EDIT: Well for some reason, the link isn't working at this time so here you go :)

The Niacin "Flush"

It's important to note that this niacin flush is not harmful or dangerous. Some people worry about it, but it is actually a sign of improved blood flow.
When you get the niacin "flush", it's an indication that the niacin is causing small blood vessels in your body to be expanded in size. Many of your small blood vessels, called "capilaries" are so small that blood cells can only go through them in single file. Sometimes, in fact, that small capilary passageway is clogged and blood doesn't get through at all.

While the large organs of the body all have blood supplied from large arteries, a great deal of your body, particularly the parts near the skin, get their ONLY supply of blood (therefore also of oxygen and nutrients) from these small capillaries.
The niacin causes these small capilaries to expand - so they might be able to carry 2 or 3 blood cells at the same time. This is a tremendous increase in blood flow.
You experience this as a "flushing" of the skin, simply because there is more blood close to the surface of the body. As the blood flows in these areas, the cells of the small capilaries will also be getting rid of their waste products, and often they produce 'histamine' as part of this process. That histamine is another natural substance produced by every cell in the body when a cell is under attack, or is eliminating toxins. Histamine causes an 'itchy' feeling.

The role of niacin in detoxification​

Niacin opens blood vessels wider. Niacin, when used properly, offers benefits in terms of cholesterol reduction, as well as for detoxification. People with high cholesterol levels should see improvements once their follow the proper diet of raw foods, preferably through a good juicing program, along with the proper healing fats in their diet. However for people who don't respond, it would seem that niacin would be a far safer and less expensive alternative to the statin drugs, which have their serious complications.
Niacin is a water-soluble B vitamin – vitamin B3 - and the common name for 2 very different compounds: "nicotinic acid" and "niacinamide". High doses of niacin (as nicotinic acid) can lower cholesterol levels (although the exact mechanism of action is still not known). The other form of niacin (nicotinamide or niacinamide) does not open blood vessels wider nor provide a cholesterol-lowering effect.

Niacin and detoxification of fatty tissues​

There are many 'detoxification programs' on the internet, but few of them acknowledge the significant fact that many toxins are stored in FATTY TISSUES. Until that fact is acknowledged, one can not develop a procedure for removing toxins from THAT location.

Until the Ron Hubbard purification program was developed, no one had even yet recognized that these oil soluble toxins had such long-term effects in the body.
An important characteristic of the Hubbard detoxification program is the use of niacin. Niacin has the well-known effect of causing "vasodilation", often called the niacin flush, which is an opening of the small blood vessels, the capillaries, so that more blood flows through them. These are the blood vessels which are of most value in reaching fatty tissues. In this way the toxins which are stored in these fatty tissues can be removed, into the bloodstream, and processed out of the body. However, niacin is also made in the form of niacinamide - a form of vitamin B3 which, deliberately, is manufactured so that it will NOT cause dilation of the blood vessels - the flush so well known when using plain niacin. A detoxification program which features the use of niacinamide and also claims to improve blood circulation would be based on false science.
Some detoxification programs don't even recognize that the toxins they claim to be removing are stored in fatty tissues. The idea of removing these toxins by some procedure which does not include niacin is not practical.

Keep us posted on your progress! ;)

Workin

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Thanks
Hehe, yeah a good niacin flush can be pretty weird if your not expecting it. I got a heck of a good flush my first time with Poseidon as well. Got the whole red spoltch and itch thing going pretty good, and after about 10-12 min I was completely back to normal and never really got the flush again. You'll adjust to it overtime and eventuallly want noticing nothing in terms of the flush. Follow what workin said and you should be good to go.

live4fitness

live4fitness

Awards
Thanks guys. I will start tomorrow with a half dose. Now on the container it says take am, b/f workout, after WO, and b/f bed. I workout ~1hour after I get out of bed. So should I do one in am, after WO, and then one ~8-10 pm ( up at ~8am and bed ~2am) due to my job?

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
My wife takes poseidon three times a day. On a empty stomach before breakfast, before lunch and about two hours after dinner. She likes it. She has more energy. More focus. Improved immune system. She has been around sick family members with out getting sick.

She freaked out the first time she took it. I had her take it on an empty stomach. First she got the tingling sensation. Then her skin got all blotchy and icthy. She thought some thing was wrong. But I assured her it was normal. And more noticeable since it was ingested on a empty stomach first thing in the morning. She has since gotten use to it. Plus she uses more water to dilute.

Enjoy the poseidon. :thumbsup:

live4fitness

live4fitness

Awards
thanks, yes it did completly FREAK me out. I really was about to take myself to the ER

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys. I will start tomorrow with a half dose. Now on the container it says take am, b/f workout, after WO, and b/f bed. I workout ~1hour after I get out of bed. So should I do one in am, after WO, and then one ~8-10 pm ( up at ~8am and bed ~2am) due to my job?
That would be a logical dosing protocol..:thumbsup:

Workin

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's very similiar to how I dose Poseidon, almost exactly really. I also mix some in a 20oz water bottle and take with me to classes and work to sip on.

Your protocol looks good.