Cissus RX side effects for women

TulipPrincess

Awards
I was just doing some more research on Cissus and found it might have andorgenic side effects for women. This is a bit worrying. I couldn't find any more information so if anyone's got a link or an article explaining in detail how Cissus does or does not have these side effects, please let me know.

Thanks! :)

P.S. I'm really hoping no such side effects because my twisted ankle is feeling a lot better, as well as my larynx.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
god i hope this isnt true i have my 53 yr old mom taking it for her knees..lol

I was just doing some more research on Cissus and found it might have andorgenic side effects for women. This is a bit worrying. I couldn't find any more information so if anyone's got a link or an article explaining in detail how Cissus does or does not have these side effects, please let me know.

Thanks! :)

P.S. I'm really hoping no such side effects because my twisted ankle is feeling a lot better, as well as my larynx.
Great for women at recommended dose. Cissus does not interact with the androgen receptors.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Man, you guys should make another product for older people with a blend of cissus, glucosamine, and msm all in one maybe you could target a whole new clientele....

Man, you guys should make another product for older people with a blend of cissus, glucosamine, and msm all in one maybe you could target a whole new clientele....

We are but without glucosamine or MSM. Cissus works wonders in any sex at any age.

The new Formula is very sexy!

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
We are but without glucosamine or MSM. Cissus works wonders in any sex at any age.

The new Formula is very sexy!
Wow. I cant wait to be old and sore to enjoy it to th max ;)

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
I'm with USP on that one, joint pain is the bane of my existance.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cissus is essentially proactive where these products are reactionary. Glucosamine/MSM/Choldoitrin, beyond the fact their effectiveness is still quite in question, help to reverse pain caused in osteoarthritis due to joint narrowing, they assist the body in deposting necessary minerals. Cissus however can be used in a preventative fashion by blocking pro-inflammatory cytokines that are part of your bodies stress response. Plus, Cissus is proven, both in human and animal studies. IMO, putting the additional ingredients would up the cost but not the benefit.

I will stick with the new and improved Cissus upgraded to 10% keto-sterones which means less dosage b/c of higher concentration.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ive been wanting to buy a bottle of cissus for my mom for christmas but i know she will read the lable and see the terms "steroidal" and "androgen" and all that jazz...or is that just in the writeup? i know for a fact if she saw those words she wouldnt take it. my parents are very ignorant on the subject of supplementation. i dont dare bring up my bodybuilding with them when i see them. they hate it.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ive been wanting to buy a bottle of cissus for my mom for christmas but i know she will read the lable and see the terms "steroidal" and "androgen" and all that jazz...or is that just in the writeup? i know for a fact if she saw those words she wouldnt take it. my parents are very ignorant on the subject of supplementation. i dont dare bring up my bodybuilding with them when i see them. they hate it.
Explain to her how she has probably taken many steroids without ever knowing it, and steroids are coursing through her body right now. Many, many plants contain steroidal properties as they have a great many functions in the body, they just happen to be conflated with androgens which actually only make up a small portions of bioavailable steroids.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
It doesn't have any scary words like anabolic or steroid on the bottle, the disclaimer/"do not take if" list might make her think it's not safe to use though so you might have to assure her it's perfectly safe and benificial.

TulipPrincess

Awards
Has anyone found they lost weight on cissus? I've been taking it at a half dose only for a few days (I gave it up while ill and decided to ease back in) and I find suddenly my clothes are looser. And I'm barely active right now, just short walks around the block and some stretching. It's a bit weird since I never heard anything about weight loss on this.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone found they lost weight on cissus? I've been taking it at a half dose only for a few days (I gave it up while ill and decided to ease back in) and I find suddenly my clothes are looser. And I'm barely active right now, just short walks around the block and some stretching. It's a bit weird since I never heard anything about weight loss on this.
IMO, it's just weight fluctuation. I didn't experienced any weight loss while megadosing 3 bottles, while running 2 symmetry, but I had pretty good lean mass gains :)

TulipPrincess

Awards
Hmm, I think it's having some sort of thermo effect because I feel warmer after I take it. That's the extent of my side effects on it, though, so I'm not complaining.

Cissus is essentially proactive where these products are reactionary. Glucosamine/MSM/Choldoitrin, beyond the fact their effectiveness is still quite in question, help to reverse pain caused in osteoarthritis due to joint narrowing, they assist the body in deposting necessary minerals. Cissus however can be used in a preventative fashion by blocking pro-inflammatory cytokines that are part of your bodies stress response. Plus, Cissus is proven, both in human and animal studies. IMO, putting the additional ingredients would up the cost but not the benefit.

I will stick with the new and improved Cissus upgraded to 10% keto-sterones which means less dosage b/c of higher concentration.

Mullet...You are good man. I could not be happier with my decision. We will conquer canada together!

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established

my 53 yr old mother in desperate need of a knee replacement(but being told she is too young for it:blink: ) finally broke down and started taking cissus at 2 caps 2x a day and is loving it.she was in excrutiating pain and its is necoming less and less..mind you she works 6 days a week 8-10 hours a day on her feet.no need for anything else imo as she has taken everythis from msm and glucosamine with no effect which is why it was hard to get her to try this at all

mymilkexpired

Awards
You know it never even crossed my mind to pass this stuff on to my mother. She has joint pain as most older women do. Thanks for turning the light on for me, lol. Going to cap her up a bottles worth tonight.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
my 53 yr old mother in desperate need of a knee replacement(but being told she is too young for it:blink: ) finally broke down and started taking cissus at 2 caps 2x a day and is loving it.she was in excrutiating pain and its is necoming less and less..mind you she works 6 days a week 8-10 hours a day on her feet.no need for anything else imo as she has taken everythis from msm and glucosamine with no effect which is why it was hard to get her to try this at all
I am very glad for her man! Cissus is meant to stay!

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ok, that's it- I'm getting some cissus for my dear momma', who has osteoarthritis, which is affecting her life profoundly.

Also, my buddy's girl, who has severe back and leg problems, could probably benefit, as well.

But are there any interactions with drugs that I need to be aware of? My buddy's girl takes percocets (sp?), I believe, for pain. Is that a problem?

Ok, that's it- I'm getting some cissus for my dear momma', who has osteoarthritis, which is affecting her life profoundly.

Also, my buddy's girl, who has severe back and leg problems, could probably benefit, as well.

But are there any interactions with drugs that I need to be aware of? My buddy's girl takes percocets (sp?), I believe, for pain. Is that a problem?
There is one ancedotal case study of a bodybuilder who left percocets for Cissus for his neck injury.

Send a PM and I will send a few on the house.

take care

stylediva

Awards
TulipPrincess,

I am female too and I have been taking Super Cissuss for a month now due to knee pain and in both knees. I have not had any issues with it. My knee paid has lessened to the point where I can do a spin class, treadmill class and use the elliptical without any problems. Before I used Super Cissuss, I had cortizone shots in my knees every 3 months (ouch!!) but now no shots and I am doing fine. Hope this helps.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
my mom still swears by this,she is now stuffing a pill 2x a day down my father's throat..lol

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How long does it take for the effects of Cissus to be noticed? I'm going to get some for my Mom (I noticed I posted in this thread last year and didn't end up getting any for her) for Christmas and was wondering what I can tell her to expect.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
How long does it take for the effects of Cissus to be noticed? I'm going to get some for my Mom (I noticed I posted in this thread last year and didn't end up getting any for her) for Christmas and was wondering what I can tell her to expect.
Should notice some immediate relief due to it's anti inflammatory and analgesic properties. After a few weeks she should be really feeling better, of course that is dependent on her condition and overall health.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
I used cissus in incarnate and didn't notice any unwanted sides.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established

JGank

Awards
how did this work out for your moms bro's? My mom is in a lot of pain from osteo and it really hurts me to see her like that. I want to get this for her but the andogenic thing scared me away.

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
My wife is 60, suffers from severe COPD for 6 years and now Lung, Brain and Lymph Node Cancer with the concurrent debilitating radiation, surgery and chemo non-solutions. Four years ago she suffered from Osteo-Arthritis and a severe shoulder injury which left her immobile. Cissus then at 3 caps each morning and night cleared up both problems. Now with severe Osteo and spinal problems recurring she has gone back again to this time Cissus RX and finds it better than the drugs they gave her. To say she loves Cissus and that it provides her some relief in these painful days is to make an enormous understatement. Thank you USPLabs, I have been a big booster of your great products for years, but now you are returning the favor by once again helping the woman I love, this time to deal with her slow walk in a painful twilight.