Staying Dry, Bloat Free with Uva Ursi (Bearberry)

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Uva Ursi is a nice cheap little herb that act as a moderate diurectic. It is in nearly all diurectic/water sheding formulas. It is definitely helping keep bloat away, nearly completely. It was about $3.50 for 100caps at Nutraplanet. This is a good one if you want to keep bloat/water off and don't want kill estrogen. Joints still feel great too.

info:

---Medicinal Action and Uses---In consequence of the powerful astringency of theleaves, Uva-Ursi has a place not only in all the old herbals, but also in the modern Pharmacopoeias. There are records that it was used in the thirteenth century by the Welsh 'Physicians of Myddfai.' It was described by Clusius in 1601, and recommended for medicinal use in 1763 by Gerhard of Berlin and others. It had a place in the London Pharmacopoeia for the first time in 1788, though was probably in use long before. It is official in nearly all Pharmacopceias, some of which use the name Arbutus.

The usual form of administration is in the form of an infusion, which has a soothing as well as an astringent effect and marked diuretic action. Of great value in diseases of the bladder and kidneys, strengthening and imparting tone to the urinary passages. The diuretic action is due to the glucoside Arbutin, which is largely absorbed unchanged and is excreted by the kidneys. During its excretion, Arbutin exercises an antiseptic effect on the urinary mucous membrane: Bearberry leaves are, therefore, used in inflammatory diseases of the urinary tract, urethritis, cystisis, etc.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Take it with buchu, juniper, and dandelion for a more pronounced effect.. ;)

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
is there a formula that has all that, for cheap...?
I just don't want to pay $18 dollars for 10days of diurectics..

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
is there a formula that has all that, for cheap...?
I just don't want to pay $18 dollars for 10days of diurectics..
I'm sure there is, or you can buy the bulk herbs and do the math on their ratio per capsule.. That's what I've been doing lately..

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
2 caps either 2 or 3 times a day.
so 4-6caps a day.
100 per bottle, for like 4$