Food of the Gods

labrad

Awards
  • Established
Moderators, what are your daily supplements? I am not talking about AAS or ph/ps. Just want to know what vitamins/minerals/protein powders/etc. you take daily. Brand names and amounts would be appreciated. IMO this would be sticky material. If this is in the wrong section or has been stated b/4 I apologize. Peace.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
AAS? Why those are illegal my friend, we cant use those ;)

I use Prolabs Creapure Creatine
Supplement Direct's Dextrose
Eclipse Pro Complex 24's Multi Vitamin
Universal Nutrition's Uni-liver (ow ow )
Syntrax Guggulbolic
Tri Cuts

Thats as of right now, I use optimum's 100% Whey for a protein source, I make my own meal replacements, All in all I dont think I spend too much on supps, which is better so I can save up for the goodies...what about you labrad?

Jorta

Awards
The supps I take depend on what I'm doing - gaining or cutting, but I would say the core supp's that I always try to have on hand are:

bulk l-glutamine
Whey protein
homemade dextrose/maltodextrin
Liver tabs
Multi-vitamin
homemade zinc/magnesium
bulk creatine

I also make my own meal replacements with whey, flax, and oatmeal.

If I'm cutting I'll add an ECA to the above mix.

Jorta

labrad

Awards
  • Established
YJ, since you asked.

A multi - Centrum
B- Complex
Vitamin C (BTW, I used to take an vit. A,C, and E until you (YJ) hipped me to watch out for fat soluble vitamins)
Creatine 5 grams/day
Glutamine powder 10 grams (probably won't re-up when it is out)
Uni-liver again b/c of YJ. I only take 6 spread out thru-out the day. That is all my girlfriend will let me take (they give me the winds something awful).
Saw Palmetto - I am in my eary 30's and a healthy prostate is important to me.
ALA about 600 mgs/day. I cant' take any more. This stuff really hurts my stomach. I won't re-up.
Zinc 60 mgs.
Optimum Whey.
Ripped Fuel Exterme - I am cutting or trying to.

That is a lot of sh*t, but it really does not cost that much.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Multi Vitamin
Vit-C
ALA
V-12
Complete Protein Diet w/ oatmeal added. None of that dextrose junk you guys keep shoven down your throats!
Zinc/Mag
Liver tabs

Cutting- Too numerous to mention and I have secrets that you boys will never figure out!!!!! :D

shady

Awards
i take.
multi
liver tabs
flax oil
zma
whey protein

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
Optimum whey (chocolate)

Basic multivitamin from the grocery store

Basic zinc,magnesium from grocery store (target works well too)

When taking ECA - Vasopro Ephedrine (cheap from 1fasts site), prolab caffeine

Thats about it right now.... ask me again when im cutting! heh

Sean

Awards
Ambrosia. :D

I take whey, zinc, flax, a multi, liver, and creatine.

wardog

Awards
  • Established
I use a multivitamin, 1 gallon skim milk and 5 scoops whey protein each and every day.

Thats it.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use a multivitamin, 1 gallon skim milk and 5 scoops whey protein each and every day.

Thats it.
AND FINA! You know it!!!

Tis' a nectar of the gods.....

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Right now I take:

MULTI

OPTIMUM WHEY(always with milk and eggs)

DEXTROSE(AFTER WORKOUTS)

FLAX

VIT A (50,000)

PANOTHENIC ACID

EPHEDRINE(CHEST DAY ONLY)

FOOD

FOOD

FOOD

I can never cut I like junk food too much. I am the worst eater on the planet..... Talk to ya

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
Eclipse 2000 Complex 24 Multi
Universal Uni-Liver
MaxMuscle MaxPro or Optimum 100% Whey
HDT MicroPure Creatine (Going back to Prolab when done)
Dextrose
Tricuts II
Generic Caffeine
Saw Palmetto
Sometimes UA

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
More energy. Have you not seen my pics? My chest is lacking... hehehe. Talk to ya

senator91

Awards
I notice a few are taking a multi with the liver tabs.I was under the impression either\or was necessary.How many liver tabs are you guys taking along with the multi?

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
I notice a few are taking a multi with the liver tabs.I was under the impression either\or was necessary.How many liver tabs are you guys taking along with the multi?
Yes, very good point, I guess I missed it on this thread....good call.

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
The multi I take is 2x daily, so I just take one dose along w/12-18 liver tabs daily.

labrad

Awards
  • Established
I take 4-6 liver tabs a day. One after every meal. This is all my girlfriend will let me. Flatulence reasons.

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
I take 4-6 liver tabs a day. One after every meal. This is all my girlfriend will let me. Flatulence reasons.
Haven't you been takin it for a while now lagrad? I find that the flatulence subsides after a while. :)

Blindfaith

Awards
LABRAD you are a human pharmacy man! lol!

Here is what i take besides AAS....ps im cutting right now.

1) L-Glutimine

2) Caffine tabs

3) Yohimbine HCL tabs

4) Usnic Acid

5) Multi Vits

6) ZMA before bed time

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
For maintenance I take:

100% Optimum Whey
Vitamin C 1000mg 2x daily
Liver tabs 6 3x daily
Potassium 99mg 2x daily
Barleans Flax Oil 4 tbsp daily
Milk Thistle 175 mg 2x daily

Cutting supps:
SU (2 week cycles)
7-keto
Tri-cuts II+caffeine
Beta3

labrad

Awards
  • Established
LABRAD you are a human pharmacy man! lol!

Here is what i take besides AAS....ps im cutting right now.

1) L-Glutimine

2) Caffine tabs

3) Yohimbine HCL tabs

4) Usnic Acid

5) Multi Vits

6) ZMA before bed time
O.K. let's go thru the pharmacy 1 more time. 1. Glutamine- once I finish, I will not re-up. 2. I take an ECA (Twinlab's Ripped Fuel) instead of your 2-4. I take a multi as well as a B-complex and Vitamin C. Zinc. Uni-Liver 6 tabs/day. ALA- will not re-up and am done with. Creatine and whey- of course. Saw palmetto - yeah. It's not that bad for me.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards

O.K. let's go thru the pharmacy 1 more time. 1. Glutamine- once I finish, I will not re-up. 2. I take an ECA (Twinlab's Ripped Fuel) instead of your 2-4. I take a multi as well as a B-complex and Vitamin C. Zinc. Uni-Liver 6 tabs/day. ALA- will not re-up and am done with. Creatine and whey- of course. Saw palmetto - yeah. It's not that bad for me.
Save some $$ cut out the multi, zina and b-complex and take 14-16 liver tabs a day.

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Well...here's what I take...

12-16 Liver Tabs/day

6 Fuzu/day

4 Sci-fit Andro-Poise (1,4-androdiol)

3 ZMA

and maybe 1 scoop of Sci-fit EconoWhey/day

oh yeah...lots of food

You all know my opinion on creatine [***** creatine*]

LG. :cool:

labrad

Awards
  • Established

Save some $$ cut out the multi, zina and b-complex and take 14-16 liver tabs a day.
The zinc as well? Liver tabs has this covered? My girlfriend will pull the riot act on me (cause of the gas), but anyway. Zinc? What happened to the zinc b/4 bedtime to keep t-levels elevated? Not trying to be an ass, just would like to here your opinion. Peace.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards

The zinc as well? Liver tabs has this covered? My girlfriend will pull the riot act on me (cause of the gas), but anyway. Zinc? What happened to the zinc b/4 bedtime to keep t-levels elevated? Not trying to be an ass, just would like to here your opinion. Peace.
I personally thing zina supplementation as well as ZMA is highly over rated, but Zina will not actual raise test levels, only return them to a normal level, so if you're not just coming off a cycle, I cant see much use for zma. Liver tabs contain a trace amount of zinc, but on top of a bulking diet, you're getting enough zinc.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
As of right now: stench tabs(15-18), whey, dextrose, ALA, zinc, b-complex, started creatine(optimum) today. Along with the squirts. Oh yeah, I like the night time formula from protein factory with flax.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
As of right now: stench tabs(15-18), whey, dextrose, ALA, zinc, b-complex, started creatine(optimum) today. Along with the squirts. Oh yeah, I like the night time formula from protein factory with flax.
If you're taking 18 liver tabs and more b-complex on top of that, you're pissing most of your b vitamins out.

nobull

Awards
Prolab Creatine
Optimum Glutamine
Animal Pak
Uni-Liver

labrad

Awards
  • Established

I'll admit this will save me a little $. But it's not like a multi,zinc, and B-Complex are breaking me. Further, for just pennies more, I am getting more vitamins. As always, respect the sh*t out of your opinion. Peace.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established

Thats it.
You may want to rethink the milk. LOTS of simple sugars. I lowered the amount I drink per day.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2159

As far as vitamins I switched to Ester-C it stays in the system longer and is not degraded by stress like regular vit C is.

I use a multi which needs to be taken 3 times a day.

ALA 1000mgs when I am not taking slin.

Vit E 400.

Milk Thistle

Ginger Root for better protein absorbtion.

Creatine.

I don't take glutamine since the protein I take has it already.

I think there are a couple more, I am too lazy to go down stairs and look.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
i have to agree with yj on this one (giner root) ive taken it in the past, thinking the same deal crowler (well, more for protein digestion than absorption) its cheap....but there's a reason why. Not essential or necessary by any means. here's my list

multi-vit, flax with meal one
half daily eca dosage before workout
source of simple carbs during workout
dext/malt/honey mix with 30-35g's protein (whey), vit-C 1000mg's post workout
flax with first whole meal after workout
flax and vit-C at night with last meal.

those being the basics w/ these incorporate depending on what im doing: eas phosagen hp creatine (its cheaper per serving than most pure creatine + dext), opt100%/eas simply/ or sportsone whey2 protein in bulk tubs, metrx protein+/musclemilk/prov60/myoplex/ or problend for blend/mrp.
zma/trib/6-oxo for post cycle. pretty simple

K (Phoenix)

Awards
Originally posted by wardog

Thats it.
Add 250 grams of oatmeal in there, that is an awesome MRP + weightgainer bar none.

If you have a problem with lactose, BEANO to the rescue!  :D

The basic is always the best.

SteveDFW

Awards
i have to agree with yj on this one (giner root) ive taken it in the past, thinking the same deal crowler (well, more for protein digestion than absorption) its cheap....but there's a reason why. Not essential or necessary by any means.
Ginger root (about 1,500-2,000mg) has worked well for me when I take in longer amounts of protein at a sitting (50-80 grams).

If you are taking in around 30 grams of protein a sitting it is probably not needed.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established

Ginger root (about 1,500-2,000mg) has worked well for me when I take in longer amounts of protein at a sitting (50-80 grams).

If you are taking in around 30 grams of protein a sitting it is probably not needed.
Thanks Steve for taking the time to give some more info and help to educate some of us.

Unlike this post which to me was confusing and adds nothing in the way of helping other board members.

Last edited:
CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established

I'll assume you havent looked around the board then since you jump right in to make an ignorant comment.
You should be able to take a compliment.

Perhaps you should look at Steves post now wouldn't you agree it is just a BIT more helpful???

I did NOT understand your post hence my confusion.

It would be much appreciated if you could clarify it.

I am a newbie and trying to learn.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards

Unlike this post which to me was confusing and adds nothing in the way of helping other board members.

Sorry man, but I dont need your approval or permission to make a post. Nor do you need to talk down to me and say my post adds nothing to this board, if you look around, Ive done quite a bit for this board, forgive me for making 1 post that doesnt meet your standards.

Anyways, can you point me in the direction of a LEGIT study that shows GR is approved for fitness application? No. There's not one. Not many people get 80 grams of protein in 1 sitting unless you're a pro bodybuilder and you're bulking. So GR is a waste of money or your average joe and novice bodybuilder.

GR is deisgned to reduce motion sickness, nausea and vomiting. It contains an enzyme that aids in GI track's stability and free movement. This is for extremely high protein diets. I dont know how much you weight, but unless you're consuming about 375+ grams of protein a day, its not needed.

Last edited:
CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established

Sorry man, but I dont need your approval or permission to make a post. Nor do you need to talk down to me and say my post adds nothing to this board, if you look around, Ive done quite a bit for this board, forgive me for making 1 post that doesnt meet your standards.

Anyways, can you point me in the direction of a LEGIT study that shows GR is approved for fitness application? No. There's not one. Not many people get 80 grams of protein in 1 sitting unless you're a pro bodybuilder and you're bulking. So GR is a waste of money or your average joe and novice bodybuilder.
I think you misunderstood.

I do NOT know for sure if it helps or not. That is why I am asking YOU>

As I say I am a newbie so I was hoping you might expand on why it is a waste of money to use ginger root.

A what amount of protein intake would you recommend ginger root or do you think it is useless?

I just figured for a few pennies a day it is worth a shot.

I guess I will now reconsider.

Thanks for the help.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
If you have the money and you feel it is helping, by all means continue use. But dont let the placebo fool you, I personally dont think there are any noticeable signs of positive results physically, maybe physiologically. Take those pennies and put them towards some liver tabs. ;)

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established

I agree when I take slin my protein shake has 70 grams of protein so I figure do the Ginger root just incase.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Can someone tell me why anyone should use liver tabs? This is the waste organ of the body, why would I want this as a supplement?

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
All I can say is prove it. I can get everything that link says liver tabs has without taking in whatever else it has in it. It is the waste organ for godsakes!! Toxins are filtered thru the liver.