Sesamin

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I want some feedback from people who have used any of the sesamin supplements on the market, please state your dosage and if you were bulking or cutting at the time please and thank you.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
I have used up to 6 a day while cutting with no difference in body composition. I am a non-responder to a lot of stuff though and I know some just love it.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
I have used up to 6 a day while cutting with no difference in body composition. I am a non-responder to a lot of stuff though and I know some just love it.
Join the club fellow non responder :) I used a large amount and saw nothing either...

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Correct me if I am wrong, but I dont think sesamin is a non responder type of supplement. Wouldnt that be like saying your a none respoinder to EFAs.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Correct me if I am wrong, but I dont think sesamin is a non responder type of supplement. Wouldnt that be like saying your a none respoinder to EFAs.
Some people don’t get fat loss through the mechanism sesamin works through (PPAR-alpha activation). I may get the other health benefits from it but not the fat loss. I get nothing from even high doses of Tetradecylthioacetic acid either.

Quoting Robboe from DS from an older thread I read:

"Some people have stated they thought sesathin did nothing for them also, so i've been starting to think that some people simply respond to PPARa activators moreso than others. In the same way that i get nothing from ephedrine for fat loss (but it's great for stimulation and appetite supression) whereas others get great results. I also get nothing from clenbuterol, whereas others get amazing results."

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been using sesamin for about a year now and I stay a lot leaner than I usually do when i am not very meticulous with my diet. I started out with 3 a day, but now I use 4 because the price has dropped so much. For less than $40, you have enough Sesamin to last for 45-60 days.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
Some people don’t get fat loss through the mechanism sesamin works through (PPAR-alpha activation). I may get the other health benefits from it but not the fat loss. I get nothing from even high doses of Tetradecylthioacetic acid either.

"Some people have stated they thought sesathin did nothing for them also, so i've been starting to think that some people simply respond to PPARa activators moreso than others. In the same way that i get nothing from ephedrine for fat loss (but it's great for stimulation and appetite supression) whereas others get great results. I also get nothing from clenbuterol, whereas others get amazing results."
Excellent point. It's the mechanism that makes all the difference. I remember seeing this broken down to 4 different ways people respond to when it come to fatloss, PPAR-alpha being one of them, beta receptors and then 2 more I don't recall. Apparently, one or two of those work for all people, but not all of them. I know ephedrine works for me, just for a while, nothing too extreme though. T4, on the other hand, does wonders.

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
Well all I know is that the only sesamin product that truly worked for me was avants liquid version. normal dosing of it kept me dropping fat at a reasonable rate but when I started to double dose it(one serving with each meal) the fat melted off my body I'm talking 4-5 lbs a week. The only bad thing about this is that one bottle only lasts 2 weeks.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I've tried sesamin and in a very unscientific way (I wasn't taking precise bodyfat measurements, just a weight scale and looking in the mirror) it seemed to really work.....enough so that I bought a couple bottles to give it a real try (no conclusion yet). Nutraplanet has a 2fer sale right now that gives two bottles for only a couple dollars more than one. Also, here is a link to a previous discussion on this topic:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/49699-cla-sesamin.html

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

Like I said correct if Im wrong, I just didnt see it that way. Nice response rivet.

solarize

solarize

191cm, 98kg (6'3, 215lb)
Awards
  • Established
I have tried three bottles of Sesamin, and they did nothing in terms of at loss.

I did receive large digestive upsets and problems with my stools however.;

Many people rave about it, I hate it.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
No real fatloss at 3 a day, Im going to double the dose for a month and see.

I want to add that I like the way I "feel" when takin it, and for some reason, no other supps, or changes, it has apparently has a lessening effect on my overall joint pain. Any one else notice this?

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
It sounds like a 50/50 mix of people who like it and people who don't, i respond to literally everything so i'll give it a try, i have a buddy that is an Avant Labs rep so i'm sure he could toss me a bottle of Sesathin to try out.

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
Try and get the liquid, for some reason many people responded better to this than the caps.

cubbybear

Awards
So far I've only had the softgels, which I haven't noticed any results with, but maybe I'll look into this liquid version instead. One thing I just noticed about the softgels I have is that they contain soybean oil, which I should have noticed before but I didn't. I've personally been trying to avoid soy products.

anabolik1

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am also a "respond to everything" responder and Sesamin definitely keeps me a lot leaner when I am "loose" on the diet. I always take it 10-15 minutes before I start to eat though. This makes a huge difference than when taking it "with" food. Maybe you guys, if you haven't already, that haven't seen much, should try this and see what happens?

solarize

solarize

191cm, 98kg (6'3, 215lb)
Awards
  • Established
Yup tried that, I just think I am allergic to it, judging by my stools.

I tried the liquid too. did nothing

Only thing I did like is SesaLean the cooking oil replacement, but shipping costs to australia are insane for it

I am also a "respond to everything" responder and Sesamin definitely keeps me a lot leaner when I am "loose" on the diet. I always take it 10-15 minutes before I start to eat though. This makes a huge difference than when taking it "with" food. Maybe you guys, if you haven't already, that haven't seen much, should try this and see what happens?

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
I believe taking it with a some sort of fat increases absorption through lymphatic absorbtion.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yea, Sesamin should be taken with 10-15g of fat. Likely many people who aren't responding to it aren't taking it with fat.

There's a great thread over on MnM about fibrates under the advanced section that is a must-read for anyone serious about understanding sesamin and/or PPAR-alpha activation.

BTW, To people taking huge doses: there is only so much PPAR-alpha activation that can occur.

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
Yeah that Fibrate stuff is very interesting, although a lot of what they discuss over there is above my head.

anabolik1

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I believe taking it with a some sort of fat increases absorption through lymphatic absorbtion.

Yeah...I take it slightly before to give my digestive system a head start on breaking down the gelcap before I put food into it.

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
I have tried MAN's Vaporize and Sesamin by Scivation. I think it has a lot of overall health benefits but the fatloss properties are very subtle.

I do however think that it has merit on a clean bulk or if taken with high fat "cheat" type meals to control fat from being stored. I have a bit of it left and the only time I take it is if I am eating a not-so-healthy meal.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well all I know is that the only sesamin product that truly worked for me was avants liquid version.
There have been many reports of this lately, where folks have noticed better results from our SesaThin than the competitors.

In fact, there's a thread discussing it over on our board.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Whoops, actually, it's over on Mind & Muscle.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Ya i've read that too much Fibrates can be detrimental and burn up some muscle, i'll see if i can find that article some where.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Ya i'm going to give it a shot but i'm going with the Avant Sesathin, sounds like the best one, which isn't a suprise because they are a good company and the first to market it.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I always try to buy avant, but there has been alot of supply problems this year. I hope they fix those up. I'm happy to pay more for a product I trust.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, we're smoothing those kinks out. We're just finishing up a massive relocation/expansion project.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
SirSavage and I are working together to make sure we have all the Avant stuff in stock at all times...even if we have to eat some liquid working capital and stock more than a month's work.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sesamin did squat for me over two bottles in two months. Zero.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes, Scivation. 3-4 a day, with meals.

TulipPrincess

Awards

God, I'm praying this isn't me!

TulipPrincess

Awards
Yea, Sesamin should be taken with 10-15g of fat. Likely many people who aren't responding to it aren't taking it with fat.

There's a great thread over on MnM about fibrates under the advanced section that is a must-read for anyone serious about understanding sesamin and/or PPAR-alpha activation.

BTW, To people taking huge doses: there is only so much PPAR-alpha activation that can occur.
does that mean taking 1 or 2 cod liver oil capsules would help?

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
God, I'm praying this isn't me!
I wouldn't worry too much about it. You ordered our SesaThin liquid, right?

Just use it with appropriate diet and exercise, give it time, and you should be good.

TulipPrincess

Awards
I wouldn't worry too much about it. You ordered our SesaThin liquid, right?

Just use it with appropriate diet and exercise, give it time, and you should be good.
Actually, I got your capsules. I figured I'd be more regular with them than with a liquid. Will taking the capsules rather than the liquid make a difference? I did ask your live chat person, Meathead Mike, if the capsules worked and he said yes, they did.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Actually, I got your capsules. I figured I'd be more regular with them than with a liquid. Will taking the capsules rather than the liquid make a difference? I did ask your live chat person, Meathead Mike, if the capsules worked and he said yes, they did.
Oh yeah, they definitely work. No doubt.

For future reference, though, I personally lean more towards the liquid. Most folks seem to do a little better, results wise, with the liquid for some reason.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DieselNY Supplements 0
Supplements 17
Anabolics 2
Supplements 14
missrose2u Supplements 17