Just for strength: NHA or Jungle Warfare?

xcendo

Awards
I'm gonna start the Westside for Skinny Bastards II program to get in top shape for rugby this fall. I'm not concerned with any kind of size growth for the next two months - functional strength and anaerobic conditioning is the number one goal.

I've had a great run with ActivaTe + RXT, and I've since used Rebound Reloaded and love it (none of the libido or mood sides that I got with XT). Jungle Warfare looks really promising, too, though, and when it comes down to it, it's cheaper than buying ActivaTe and RR separately, and should work similarly.

So for myofibrillar hypertrophy, which would be a better choice to supplement clean diet and WSSB2?

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
I'm gonna start the Westside for Skinny Bastards II program to get in top shape for rugby this fall. I'm not concerned with any kind of size growth for the next two months - functional strength and anaerobic conditioning is the number one goal.

I've had a great run with ActivaTe + RXT, and I've since used Rebound Reloaded and love it (none of the libido or mood sides that I got with XT). Jungle Warfare looks really promising, too, though, and when it comes down to it, it's cheaper than buying ActivaTe and RR separately, and should work similarly.

So for myofibrillar hypertrophy, which would be a better choice to supplement clean diet and WSSB2?

Don't u mean sarcoplasmic hypertrophy? U said that u wanted to get stronger not bigger right? U should focus more on how u train than what u train with. Try low reps (1-5) with heavy weight. I don't know how old u are but it dosen't sound like u are on any kind of cycle so I don't think androgen to estrogen conversion is gonna be any kind of an issue for ya anyway. As far as supplements, are u taking the basics, cause with your goals, I don't think u would need much else aside from well balanced eating habbits, a good protein shake, creatine, glutamine, and maybe a multi- vitamin.

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
OK. Just read how old u are. At 18, your test. levels are through the roof. The products u were reffering to were designed for people comin off of steroid or pro hormone cycles and they relate to estrogen suppression due to the fact that once off a cycle, estrogen levels increase dramatically. If anything, an anti-cortisol might be something of value to u.

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
OK. Just read how old u are. At 18, your test. levels are through the roof. The products u were reffering to were designed for people comin off of steroid or pro hormone cycles and they relate to estrogen suppression due to the fact that once off a cycle, estrogen levels increase dramatically. If anything, an anti-cortisol might be something of value to u.

I've had great results from ALRI Retain. It enhances nitrogen retention and helps regulate cortisol levels. It would probably be a good idea to use for a few weeks but in my opinion you should give your body enough off time to naturally return to normal levels before starting up again.

xcendo

Awards
Don't u mean sarcoplasmic hypertrophy? U said that u wanted to get stronger not bigger right? U should focus more on how u train than what u train with. Try low reps (1-5) with heavy weight. I don't know how old u are but it dosen't sound like u are on any kind of cycle so I don't think androgen to estrogen conversion is gonna be any kind of an issue for ya anyway. As far as supplements, are u taking the basics, cause with your goals, I don't think u would need much else aside from well balanced eating habbits, a good protein shake, creatine, glutamine, and maybe a multi- vitamin.
No, sarcoplasmic protein is size. Myofibrillar - function, strength. I've got my training, diet, and basic supplementation down. The program I mentioned (DeFranco's Training ..:: The Ultimate Way To Become A Better Athlete ::..) incorporates low reps with max effort.

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
Hey man I hope everything works out for ya and u get the results u are lookin for, however I'm gonna say this and then u should do your own research on it. Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy refers to the enlargement of NON-contractile elements of muscle (endurance/strength) and Sacomere refers to the enlargement of the contractile actin-myosin structures (size)
Good luck!

xcendo

Awards
:think: I know I'm coming off like a pretentious ass in dragging this out, and it's not even really relevant to my question, but you've got it backwards. I have researched it.

Anyway, back to the question of NHA vs. JW for strength.

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
:think: I know I'm coming off like a pretentious ass in dragging this out, and it's not even really relevant to my question, but you've got it backwards. I have researched it.

Anyway, back to the question of NHA vs. JW for strength.
OOPS! Yeah, you were ABSOLUTELY CORRECT about me havin it backwards....it's been a while. Not to sound like an idiot, but what does the NHA stand for?

xcendo

Awards
Designer Supps coined it, the "Non-Hormonal Anabolic" stack. It's ActivaTe and either Rebound XT or Rebound Reloaded.

wormwood

Awards
If your main focus is functional strength then you might look into anagen. Im megadosing at 10 caps a day (im 240lbs) right now and i like it so far but it's a little to early to tell.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Powerfull.

And food.
Cot d*mn these 18-19 year olds suppin' it up...
Wait till you get to be an old bastard like me to start suppin' it up! :thumbsup:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Take some advice from jmh and NO HYPE: Focus on the training program and diet and don't rely on supplememnts just yet (or ever for that matter). Protein and a multi are the bare essentials at this point. Reward yourself by taking supps after you reach a milestone.

xcendo

Awards
It's cool that everyone is looking out for my training and diet, but that's all in line. I posted this in the supplements forum for a reason. Which of the two choices has proven better for strength gains?

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
Take some advice from jmh and NO HYPE: Focus on the training program and diet and don't rely on supplememnts just yet (or ever for that matter). Protein and a multi are the bare essentials at this point. Reward yourself by taking supps after you reach a milestone.

Exactly. At the age you are at, having a sound diet and training program will get you where you need to be.

JMH... you aren't old wtf are you talking about.:icon_lol:

Achilles13

Awards
  • Established
Time to reward myself, then. Going from 145 lbs to 190 lbs in just under two years with nothing but ass-busting dedication, strict diet, protein, and creatine is what I would call a milestone.

I know the importance of training and diet. They are both HUGE. Numero uno. I'm not one of those who slack on diet and training once the supps go in my system, so don't condescend me by saying I will rely on supplements. ;)

Man, this is a pretty simple question. It's cool that everyone is looking out for my training and diet, but that's all in line. I posted this in the supplements forum for a reason. Which of the two choices has proven better for strength gains?

Personally I have not use Jungle Warfare, but reading the logs here on AM, you will find that most users have reported excellent strength gains. You may start by looking at some logs and see what you come up with. Everything i've seen has been positive for strength.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Achilles - I'm 26 - but feel like I've lived 40 years.

I would say Powerfull.
I've not taken JW (yet) but I've taken NHA.

Hell - I'd say take RR with Powerfull.
I think P'full is better than Activate anyway.

Achilles13

Awards
  • Established
Achilles - I'm 26 - but feel like I've lived 40 years.

I would say Powerfull.
I've not taken JW (yet) but I've taken NHA.

Hell - I'd say take RR with Powerfull.
I think P'full is better than Activate anyway.

You're still in your prime buddy. Who are you kiddin.

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
Time to reward myself, then. Going from 145 lbs to 190 lbs in just under two years with nothing but ass-busting dedication, strict diet, protein, and creatine is what I would call a milestone.

I know the importance of training and diet. They are both HUGE. Numero uno. I'm not one of those who slack on diet and training once the supps go in my system, so don't condescend me by saying I will rely on supplements. ;)

Man, this is a pretty simple question. It's cool that everyone is looking out for my training and diet, but that's all in line. I posted this in the supplements forum for a reason. Which of the two choices has proven better for strength gains?

Hey man I've gotta say....I think after reading your posts it's pretty evident that u've got your sh.. together. That can't b said about most guys your age so bear with us! I havn't tried either of the two but I've got 2 friends who swear by JW.
:bruce1: Train Hard!

xcendo

Awards
Hey man I've gotta say....I think after reading your posts it's pretty evident that u've got your sh.. together. That can't b said about most guys your age so bear with us! I havn't tried either of the two but I've got 2 friends who swear by JW.
:bruce1: Train Hard!
Thanks bro.

I'm going with ActivaTe + RR only because I've tried both PowerFULL (as jmh80 suggested) and the NHA stack, and definitely saw better results with NHA. And it looks like JW has a lot less stinging nettle extract per pill than ActivaTe, so the cost difference probably evens out in the end.

If anyone's interested, I can do a log.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
If it were me - I'd run all of it.
But - I'm a supp hoe with money that burns a hole in his pocket and I wouldn't recommend that approach for a young'un.