X-Factor is awesome

zack58

Awards
i just started taking xfactor, and i must say im in love. I have kept a calendar of how much i wheigh and how much my lifts go up and both have gone up quite a bit. I love it. It makes you really sore like it says, and i love being sore, it makes me feel like it is really working. this is one of the only things that i have tried that really works i love it :dl:

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
i just started taking xfactor, and i must say im in love. I have kept a calendar of how much i wheigh and how much my lifts go up and both have gone up quite a bit. I love it. It makes you really sore like it says, and i love being sore, it makes me feel like it is really working. this is one of the only things that i have tried that really works i love it :dl:
Ummm, huh??

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I love it how 1 post users rave about supps, without any details of the ancedotal. what a waste of space.

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
how come you can only give positive rep nowadays?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I had pretty mediocre results with Xfactor even at a double dose. I had a very very mild recomp that I can't even attribute to the product because my diet and training were better than usual.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
I think I got some results around week 3 and then they stopped, the sides disappeared too though. I think bumping the dose could have helped but it's certainly not worth it.

CDONDICI

Awards
  • Established
Why would anyone want to be sore, I take most supps to speed up my recovery time, creatine, Bcaa's, citrulline malate....

NiteHawk

Awards
May I ask what the advantages of making you sore are??

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
I had pretty mediocre results with Xfactor even at a double dose. I had a very very mild recomp that I can't even attribute to the product because my diet and training were better than usual.

I actually gained fat on it. I upped my cals more and more to see if it would help and nothing and those extra cals just went to my waist. Didnt eat/take in stuff like PB, fish oils, pain meds or anything that would affect the "inflammation response". I was a total non-responder to it. I didnt double dose but did the recomended two bottles cycle. Too bad...

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Inflammation pathways are intricately linked to fat gain as well as muscle repair/growth. It's concievable that the shotgun approach that Xfactor uses in bolstering prostaglandins may effect people differently based upon their baseline prostaglandin and/or inflammation levels.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Inflammation pathways are intricately linked to fat gain as well as muscle repair/growth. It's concievable that the shotgun approach that Xfactor uses in bolstering prostaglandins may effect people differently based upon their baseline prostaglandin and/or inflammation levels.

So perhaps I got all the bad aspects but none of the good! :whiner:

kappaz

Banned
Awards
I have about 2 weeks left on my second bottle. I'm honestly pretty dissapointed with the lack of results. I have my review on bb.com

maxxdout

Awards
x factor directions
Take 1 soft-gel 3-4 times daily for 50 days (2 bottles are required for a full cycle). Do not exceed recommended dosage. Take 50 days off before repeating. To maximize benefits, avoid supplementing omega 3 fatty acids, or other anti-inflammatory products, while taking X-Factor.

yea uhhh ill keep my omegas i wont give them up for some supplement... gotta love the "2 bottles required for full cycle"

i smell bull****!

size

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, I do not see the problem of needing to use something for an extended period of time. To often, many desire quick results that are simply not realistic. Time and dedication is needed to achieve results in the majority of life's adventures. With this said, I can understand the frustration about needing to purchase 2 bottles worth for results. To me, it seems it should be sold in the specified amount needed to achieve results, but this is the case with many supplements. Obviously, there are economic issues that dictate this aspect.

While I do not know the overall effectiveness of this product, I must admit that I do find the theories behind its supplementation intriguing. On some aspects, it looks like it could be ratehr beneficial, while in other possibly unhealthy.

zack58

Awards
so of you replied x factor works for a little then does not, so then wat should i take to get big and strong kinda fast w/o using steriods or testosterone

size

Awards
  • Established
so of you replied x factor works for a little then does not, so then wat should i take to get big and strong kinda fast w/o using steriods or testosterone
A book, it will make you strong of mind.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
yea uhhh ill keep my omegas i wont give them up for some supplement... gotta love the "2 bottles required for full cycle"

i smell bull****!
It needs to load. Takes time to fully kick in.

X-Factor Induces Hypertrophy in-vitro.

Study at Benedictine University suggests X-factor™ to be a primary hypertrophic trigger in accruing lean muscle mass.

May 17, 2006: Jupiter, FL. Dr. Craig Broeder and a team of scientists at Benedictine University have released a preliminary report concerning their recent work with arachidonic acid, the patented main ingredient in Molecular Nutrition's X-Factor™. Entitled, "THE EFFECTS OF ARACHIDONIC ACID SUPPLEMENTATION ON MYOTUBE DEVELOPMENT", the report pertains to a series of in-vitro investigations whose purpose was to measure arachidonic acid's effect on protein synthesis, myocyte fusion, lectin expression, prostaglandin synthesis, and overall hypertrophy in myotubes. The findings demonstrated that arachidonic acid may enhance the process of myotube differentiation, or in layman's terms, greatly accelerate muscle growth.
According to the report, clear phenotypic changes were observed in cells exposed to arachidonic acid. These verified changes include increased lateral diameter in myotubes, enhanced levels of myosin deposition, and greater concentration of nuclei. Such results further reinforce our understanding of arachidonic acid as an ergogen by showing that it does indeed augment muscle's hypertrophic response through enhanced cellular myotube growth, acting as a primary hypertrophic catalyst in a complex hormonal cascade that regulates the growth of skeletal muscle tissue.
In physically active people, X-Factor™ builds stores of arachidonic acid within the muscles, where it will intensify the response of the prostaglandin system to training stimulus. This leads to increases in protein synthesis in stressed muscle. With Molecular Nutrition being the only company legally allowed to sell arachidonic acid as an performance aid, X-Factor™ is truly one-of-a-kind within the realm of ergogenic supplements. This recently released preliminary study--adding the scores of scientific evidence elucidating the relevance of arachidonic acid supplementation in muscle growth--marks only the beginning of Molecular Nutrition's goal to fully substantiate arachidonic acid and X-Factor™ within the scientific and athletic communities.
Here's a good thread (read the whole thing): http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/34985-according-x-factor-should-bad-growth.html

Another: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/37547-what-do-you-think-about-xfactor.html

Attachments

NiteHawk

Awards
When I start up lifting again, I was debating between X-Factor and 17-HD. I decided to go with the 17-HD.

One of the reasons is of the fact with X-factor it tells you to avoid fish oils, anti-inflammatories as well. I dont like that idea.

I also use Cissus so I wonder if X-factor and Cissus have any problems when used together??

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
When I start up lifting again, I was debating between X-Factor and 17-HD. I decided to go with the 17-HD.

One of the reasons is of the fact with X-factor it tells you to avoid fish oils, anti-inflammatories as well. I dont like that idea.

I also use Cissus so I wonder if X-factor and Cissus have any problems when used together??
First off, fish oils are NOT the supplement christ that everyone thinks they are. Yes, they are good for you. But megadosing them the way people do so commonly is not healthy. There'll be more on this later (perhaps even a book down the road). Suffice to say, going off fish oils for a fifty day period will have no deleterious effect upon health.

For anti-inflmmatories, the only thing that REALLY needs to be avoided are NSAIDs which aren't good for you anyways. This is because they irreversibly bind to COX which on its own will interfere with muscle gains.

Other natural antiinflammatory foods/herbs usually don't act in this way and are in most cases fine to take. Two that I'm still unsure about in this respect though are Cissus and high dose curcumin. Others though such as ActivaTe, NAC, celadrin do not appear to interfere with X-Factor.

Keep in mind that X-Factor does not support systemic infflammation which is indeed a very bad thing. It is designed to optimize inflammatory within skeletal muscle tissue amon many other things (such as increasing responsiveness to all anabolic hormones, modify cAMP, and stimulate PPAR). It is for these reasons why it is not only effective for muscle gain but also fat loss.

The claims behind the use of X-factor are very legitimate backed up by thousands of studies as well as any advanced biology/physiology book. Now we have one a direct in-vitro study that shows it's effectiveness and soon an in-vivo study will be released.

NiteHawk

Awards
Thanks for the info. But I dont mega dose on fish oil. I only take 2 capsules daily. The only vitamin I megadose on is Vitamin C.

Im giving the 17-HD a try though.

I will try the X-Factor too sometime. But under no circumstances will I train without my Cissus. I love that stuff. Worked wonders for me.