need help with timing of supps pre/suring/post work out...

sundevil04

Awards
  • Established
Im currently using a whey/oat shake 40 minutes pre work out, a serving of pure vitargo with a serving of omega thunder immediately before my workout, 2 servings of xtend during the workout, a serving of pure vitargo with bulk cee immediately after the workout and a wpi shake 20 minutes after my workout, how does the timing of the supps look, im trying to keep the vitargo separate from the other supps for absorbtion.

lethaljd

Awards
IMO you are overdoing it. You are still digesting the oats and pro from your PWO 40 mins. before by the time you take your first vitargo shake preworkout.

I would do pro/carbs about 30-45 mins. before, prob. something a little faster digesting than oats.

XTEND during

Then do your Vitargo + CEE immed. PWO before you take your protein so it doesn't slow the vitargo down at all. 20-30 mins. later have your protein shake.

I would skip the pre workout vitargo all together.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMO you are overdoing it. You are still digesting the oats and pro from your PWO 40 mins. before by the time you take your first vitargo shake preworkout.

I would do pro/carbs about 30-45 mins. before, prob. something a little faster digesting than oats.

maybe some BCAAs and carbs during

Then do your Vitargo immed. PWO and wait about 15-30 mins. before you take your protein so it doesn't slow the vitargo down at all

If you keep mixing all of that stuff with the Vitargo you are just wasting it.

Keep with the oats. There are many threads around here, especially one by Bobo listing why oats are a perfect pre and post workout meal..Here is one, not the right one though...http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/30158-more-pwo-low-gi-proof-new.html?highlight=High+OR+Low+Glycemic+Carbs+Post+WO
You can read that one, and find the other one where Bobo comments alot.

young_squatter

Board Sponsor
Awards
Im currently using a whey/oat shake 40 minutes pre work out, a serving of pure vitargo with a serving of omega thunder immediately before my workout, 2 servings of xtend during the workout, a serving of pure vitargo with bulk cee immediately after the workout and a wpi shake 20 minutes after my workout, how does the timing of the supps look, im trying to keep the vitargo separate from the other supps for absorbtion.
I would have the whey/oat shake 1 hour pre workout, take a serving or vitargo 15-30 min pre workout and a serving omega thunder 30-45 min pre workout. Start sipping xtend 15 min pre workout and sip throughout the whole workout. Your post workout timing looks fine.
Personally I would opt for oats and bulk cee over virtago.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
That's alot of shakes pre during and post workout. Granted PWO is the most important meal for a BB'er, but i'm just curious, how is the rest of your diet?

As for me, i do a pro complex shake pre work out, nothing during, and then a WPI ion exchange w/dextrose in it post workout.

Definitely gotta have those carbs PWO for the insulin boosting effect that it gives.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's alot of shakes pre during and post workout. Granted PWO is the most important meal for a BB'er, but i'm just curious, how is the rest of your diet?

As for me, i do a pro complex shake pre work out, nothing during, and then a WPI ion exchange w/dextrose in it post workout.

Definitely gotta have those carbs PWO for the insulin boosting effect that it gives.
Actually much of the most recent reseach has shown that low-GI carbs PWO are much more effective in creating a positive and stable nutrient balance for your muscles.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Yah, i read that. I remember the HUGE thread on i believe bodybuilding.com that then bridged over here about the argument between oats PWO or simple carbs like dextrose PWO. It's just that dextrose has always worked awesome for me, and i like to stick with what works.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh yeah, if it works go with it for sure. It's the same with me, oats have been my bread and butter and I've never had any reason to switch.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Good stuff. Looks like it works for ya, you look good in your av bro

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks dude, you as well..Especially your delt/trap/upper chest

sundevil04

Awards
  • Established

diet is 100% in check, in fact, believe its my biggest asset in training. I keep my cals around 3500-3800/day and VERY clean, i.e lean meats (chicken, fish, lean beef), low gi carbs (oat, brown rice) and good fats (olive oil, fish oil and flax oil)