sesamin sesame oil question

flyingjer

Awards
okay if sesamin is in sesame oil, how come we can't supplement sesame oil in our diet instead of getting the already made sesathin or sesamin caps, i mean we add flax oil and such to our shakes, how come not sesame oil. Can we reep the benefits with supplementing sesame oil

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
You would have to down a whole shitload of the oil, defeating the purpose.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
There's also a certain ratio of sesamin and episesamin in sesathin. I don't know if this would be the case with oil or seeds.

dangermouse

Awards
I pondered this same question last summer, so I did an internet search. I only found one brand of sesame oil (can't remember the name) which listed the sesamin content. It had about 18 mg sesamin/tsp + 14 mg episesamin/tsp.

flyingjer

Awards
right, so there is 500mg of sesamin in sesathin and the like so not nearly enough

Danl4560

Awards
right, so there is 500mg of sesamin in sesathin and the like so not nearly enough
Exactly. You'd be consuming far too many calories to the point where it would offset the benefit of the sesamin content.

velikimajmun

Board Sponsor
Awards
Exactly. You'd be consuming far too many calories to the point where it would offset the benefit of the sesamin content.
yep, but sesame oil is pretty tasty for cooking. I use it occasionally but wouldn't supplement with it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DieselNY Supplements 0
Supplements 17
Anabolics 2
Supplements 14
missrose2u Supplements 17