what's a good oxygen elements supplement?

FENRIR

Banned
Awards
Oxygen elements for general wellness and raising oxygen levels in the body....

who makes a good one? biggunther, crowned one, anybody know? Thanks!

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
AFAIK, the only way to take supplemental oxygen is through inhalation of the gas. Oxygen as a solid or liquid is impossible to take because of its extremely low temperature.
It's also extremely paramagnetic, which is kind of neat to me :eek:

I've always had a dream of being rich and having a hyperbaric chamber filled with oxygen saturated air. Not too much oxygen though, just much more concentrated than our normal air. Imagine working out in such a room!

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
EPO is supposed to put more oxygen in your blood, but probably not what your looking for.

I like the idea of a hyperbaric chamber.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
It has its downsides - such as the risk of toxicity - but a carefully monitored and screened session can go a long way to healing wounds and treating sepsis.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just a thought here....

WHat about if I had blood taken a month ago, and decided to put it back in (Im assuming that in a month my body would regenerate its lost blood cells).
Wouldn't that create a serplus?? ( EPO ish)??

400runner

Banned
Awards
  • Established
EPO raises hemocrat...what you just said, xtra, is true. Although the effects only last a few days. EPO is amazing and there are many different varients out there. A couple of which can not be detected on a test. Very cool, but very very expensive.

CarryOnTheChaos

Awards
  • Established
EPO is supposed to put more oxygen in your blood, but probably not what your looking for.

I like the idea of a hyperbaric chamber.
Now I know what to ask for next christmas...:icon_lol:

regards,
COTC

FENRIR

Banned
Awards
Just a thought here....

WHat about if I had blood taken a month ago, and decided to put it back in (Im assuming that in a month my body would regenerate its lost blood cells).
Wouldn't that create a serplus?? ( EPO ish)??
yeah that would be blood doping..probably only temporary though, I am sure your body would reach homeostasis fairly quickly.

400runner

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yes, what i said. blood doping works, and works great, but after a few days to a week your body starts getting rid of the extra red blood cells.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Try Rhodiola..it raises blood o2 levels and buffers against lactic acid. Works extremely well for me having to deal with altitude...I live at 7000'. Plus its nice for mood.

Cheap too.

400runner

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i plan on picking up a great deal of Rhodiola....whats a good "high end" dose?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
600-900 mgs of the 6% rosavin content stuff should suffice. Just FYI, higher doses can be sedating, it's considered to be one of those herbs where more is not necessarily better...but a great supp either way.

400runner

Banned
Awards
  • Established
good to know...i would have ended up over doing it like i plan to with Citrulline... i have heard from many ppl and also many bikers that rhodiola is great. i like the way its supposed to help you deal with stress...aka extremely hard workouts. (8x600), rough.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
It's really pretty unbeleivable for endurance, lactic acid buffering et cetera. I use it for mood support but have done some high altitude, hard core hiking on it..it blew me away that I could be that unconditioned and still stroll on up the trail going from 4500' to 7500' like it was nothing.

I put some of my endurance racing friends on it..they love it stacked with cAMPHI and have shaved minutes off of their total times.