Hair Loss from Superdrol? High DHT? PLEASE HELP

TheMonster

Awards
Hi. I am 21, almost 22 and I have ran 2 prohormone cycles in the past and have never experienced any hair loss. Just recently, back in June, I ran a 3 week cycle of Superdrol and Max LMG. I didn't notice any hair loss during the cycle. However, after my PCT of liquid Nolvadex I began to notice an increase in acne and my hair started to shed. I am continuing to get acne and my hair is still shedding. I believe it is because my DHT levels are high. Is it ever going to naturally return back to normal and is the hair shedding ever going to stop?

Please help!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Most likely it will slow down. Any androgen can cause and increase in shedding and his usually happens well after the cycle. Most androgens also cause an increase in acne and IMO, Nolva and most PCT products make it even worse.

If you're freaked out by the hairloss you can get some spironactolone and minoxidil at Custom Nutrition Warehouse. There's a billion threads about these compounds and how to use them..just use the search function.

TheMonster

Awards
Most likely it will slow down. Any androgen can cause and increase in shedding and his usually happens well after the cycle. Most androgens also cause an increase in acne and IMO, Nolva and most PCT products make it even worse.

If you're freaked out by the hairloss you can get some spironactolone and minoxidil at Custom Nutrition Warehouse. There's a billion threads about these compounds and how to use them..just use the search function.
Yeah I already ordered them...do you think I should take it a step further and start taking finasteride?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Personally I'd just go with the topical. Lowering DHT levels internally has a lot of ramifications as it is one of your main estrogen antagonists..without testing your DHt levels, which is like $300, I think it's just a bad idea.

Perhaps someone with fina experience can chime in though.

darius

Use topical Azelaic Acid, leave for a couple minutes, then apply topical Spiro. My hair was following out pretty bad and I started using that every night, and way way less hair loss. I don't expect those to directly cause hair gain, but indirectly, hair should start getting thicker. Haven't seen that yet.

TheMonster

Awards
Use topical Azelaic Acid, leave for a couple minutes, then apply topical Spiro. My hair was following out pretty bad and I started using that every night, and way way less hair loss. I don't expect those to directly cause hair gain, but indirectly, hair should start getting thicker. Haven't seen that yet.
Was your hair loss triggered by prohormones as well?

TheMonster

Awards
Personally I'd just go with the topical. Lowering DHT levels internally has a lot of ramifications as it is one of your main estrogen antagonists..without testing your DHt levels, which is like $300, I think it's just a bad idea.

Perhaps someone with fina experience can chime in though.
I'm curious if just a few months on Finasteride would drive my DHT levels back to 'normal', in which the shedding would stop and I would no longer continue my usage of Finasteride...anyone?

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
Do you guys feel it is more likely due to the LMG (and less due to the SD)?

darius

Was your hair loss triggered by prohormones as well?
Nope, it is gradually happening before and after prohormone use.

The only bad thing about the azelaic/spiro combo is that it gives me bad dandruff.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hairloss is a known side effect of nolva. Normal levels of estrogen is necessary for healthy scalp hair. You're not the few who suffer from hairloss during PCT.

TheMonster

Awards
Hairloss is a known side effect of nolva. Normal levels of estrogen is necessary for healthy scalp hair. You're not the few who suffer from hairloss during PCT.
But I stopped Nolva usage about 3 weeks ago and I'm still shedding like crazy...:frustrate

Is that normal?

bigdiddy

Awards
help hair loss too

I am having the same problems. I have been shedding like crazy for the past 6 months, I went to the Dr. and he recommened just using rogain with 5% moncicla. I have been using it now for a month and not getting any better. What are these prouducts you guys are talking about, and where to you get these topical creams. please help too.

stu_r

Board Supporter
Awards
I am having the same problems. I have been shedding like crazy for the past 6 months, I went to the Dr. and he recommened just using rogain with 5% moncicla. I have been using it now for a month and not getting any better. What are these prouducts you guys are talking about, and where to you get these topical creams. please help too.
Is this from superdrol use ?

darius

Yeah it sucks ass. I took the plunge. I started Custom's Minoxidil (also on Azelaic/Spiro). Once you start, you can't stop, forever, unless you want all that shiny new hair to fall out.

I figure at $10 a month, 5-10min a day, its not so bad, considering a year from now, if I had not started, my hair would look way worse.

I wouldn't take Finasteride (Propecia) because it messes with the DHT levels in the entire body. Just use the Minoxidil/Azelaic/Spiro combo. That whole combo will be more effective than just using Finasteride, and it will be way cheaper unless you have a great source.

I'm doing 1ml via oral syringe (to apply to head) of Azelaic Acid follwed by 1ml of Minoxidil in the morning. At night, I repeat what I do in the morning, wait 5 minutes or so, then apply 1ml of Spiro. I also bough the Regrowth Shampoo at www.minoxidil.com. I figure the shampoo is not something you will have to use for more than 3 years or so. After the 3 year mark on all that stuff, it should be just "maintaining" the gains.

So for all the stuff, the Minoxidil, Azelaic acid, Spiro, and shampoo, they all should last 30 days at the doses I will be using them at. And for each one, each 30 days, its ~$10 a piece, so right now $40/month.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20

If you're geneticly predisposed to hair loss, you may as well start using minoxidil now. It most likely cause your hair to regrow, but the downside is you have to *keep* using it. (as mentioned in one of the above posts).

A stack of spironolactone,minoxidil,azelaic acid, and Nizoral 2% shapoo EOD helps most people deal with hair loss issues.

www.customnutritionwarehouse.com is a great place to get spiro,minoxidil,and azelaic acid. Its very inexpensive here. I find that Custom's formulations tend to give me dandruff, however. This can be recitified by rubbing a little skin lotion into your scalp, as its just from dry skin.

www.wholesalehairproducts.com is another place that sells hair care products. Although, it dosent seem like their minoxidil/azelaic acid formulation seems to be as effective as others.

www.minoxidil.com (Dr.Lee's site) is the best place to go for information about keeping your hair. The Xandrox line of products is excellent, and is the most effective of any hair loss prevention product Ive tried. The downside is its quite expensive. However, it never gives me dandruff, leaves my hair feeling thicker (rather than greasy), and always shows positive results.

Its worth signing up with Dr.Lee in order to purchase the 2% spiro topical, which dosent smell at all and goes on easily, and the Regrowth Treatment Shampoo - more effective than regular Nizoral and its inexpensive too.

BV

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
But I stopped Nolva usage about 3 weeks ago and I'm still shedding like crazy...:frustrate

Is that normal?
It probably takes a few weeks or even months for the shedding to stop. Hair follicles follow a cycle of shedding and regrowth which don't finish in a week.

Take the advice from the others and use topical anti-androgens like spiro which don't have systematic effects.

TheMonster

Awards
It probably takes a few weeks or even months for the shedding to stop. Hair follicles follow a cycle of shedding and regrowth which don't finish in a week.

Take the advice from the others and use topical anti-androgens like spiro which don't have systematic effects.
I've taken PH's in the past and never experienced hair loss. My grandfathers were not bald and my dad and uncle are not bald. I'm pretty sure I'm not predisposed for MPB... On that note, do you think the shedding from the Nolvadex will cease in a few months and I will no longer have to use topical products?

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I personally think taking finasteride orally for hair growth/protection is a bad idea. Your body has a DHT set-point for a reason. JMO

TheMonster

Awards
I personally think taking finasteride orally for hair growth/protection is a bad idea. Your body has a DHT set-point for a reason. JMO
Yeah but I'm afraid my DHT levels are not at their "set point" due to my recent prohormone and Nolvadex usage...?

Tad50

Awards
Monster, both my older brothers have been taking finasteride for 5-6 yrs. and have experienced zero side effects. I can honestly say that when my oldest brother started losing his hair, it was VERY noticable. I could see his scalp in the middle of his head when look directly at his forehead. He started taking propecia @ just 1mg/day and, within time, now has a full/thick head of hair. It's almost as if the hair grew back. My other brother uses 5mg/day of finasteride and takes avodart as well (I told him he's overdosing but he won't listen...he's paranoid). He's heavily into bodybuilding, 6'4'' 270 lbs. natural, and has not experienced any strength loss or gyno symptoms from the lower dht. Maybe this will help with your decision.

p.s. I just ordered a bottle of finasteride from IBE, as I've noticed some slight thinning above my temples.

TheMonster

Awards
Monster, both my older brothers have been taking finasteride for 5-6 yrs. and have experienced zero side effects. I can honestly say that when my oldest brother started losing his hair, it was VERY noticable. I could see his scalp in the middle of his head when look directly at his forehead. He started taking propecia @ just 1mg/day and, within time, now has a full/thick head of hair. It's almost as if the hair grew back. My other brother uses 5mg/day of finasteride and takes avodart as well (I told him he's overdosing but he won't listen...he's paranoid). He's heavily into bodybuilding, 6'4'' 270 lbs. natural, and has not experienced any strength loss or gyno symptoms from the lower dht. Maybe this will help with your decision.

p.s. I just ordered a bottle of finasteride from IBE, as I've noticed some slight thinning above my temples.
Thank you for your input Tad, it is greatly appreciated. However, my main concern right niow is the fact that my shedding started after my Superdrol/Max LMG cycle AND after my PCT of Liquid Nolvadex. I've taken PH's before with 6oxo as my PCT and never experienced hair loss on either. I'm pretty sure it might be from the Nolva. So my main concern is...is the shedding ever going to stop? Will my DHT levels return back to 'normal' on their own or do I need a product like finasteride now to keep it in check...

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Perhaps you are just starting to lose your hair naturally? Are you prone to MPB genetically?

darius

Thank you for your input Tad, it is greatly appreciated. However, my main concern right niow is the fact that my shedding started after my Superdrol/Max LMG cycle AND after my PCT of Liquid Nolvadex. I've taken PH's before with 6oxo as my PCT and never experienced hair loss on either. I'm pretty sure it might be from the Nolva. So my main concern is...is the shedding ever going to stop? Will my DHT levels return back to 'normal' on their own or do I need a product like finasteride now to keep it in check...
Maybe just use the Finasteride for a month or so and taper off, and see if the hair loss starts up again. Using it for a month or 2 may get levels back to normal if they are indeed higher then they should be due to a cycle.

Is your mom's dad bald or have thin/thinng hair? What about any of your mom's brothers?

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
I just ordered a bottle of finasteride from IBE, as I've noticed some slight thinning above my temples.
I thought it didn't work on thinning hair in that area. It's more for the crown and vertex (top) ? But... if you're noticing it there, you may have some thinning on the crown & vertex anyway.

TheMonster

Awards
Maybe just use the Finasteride for a month or so and taper off, and see if the hair loss starts up again. Using it for a month or 2 may get levels back to normal if they are indeed higher then they should be due to a cycle.

Is your mom's dad bald or have thin/thinng hair? What about any of your mom's brothers?
Yes, that is my 'idea,' that I've been implying for awhile now but I wanted to get a valid answer from someone on that suggestion...

And neither of my parents have thinning hair. My dad's brother not bald and my mom's brother didn't either. Also, my older brother who is four years older than me has no thinning hair whatsoever.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
I thought you had to use fina for 3 months to make this evaluation.

Tad50

Awards
Yes, that is my 'idea,' that I've been implying for awhile now but I wanted to get a valid answer from someone on that suggestion...

And neither of my parents have thinning hair. My dad's brother not bald and my mom's brother didn't either. Also, my older brother who is four years older than me has no thinning hair whatsoever.
Did your mom's Dad have MPB/thinning hair?

If you do decide to use finasteride, I would use it for at least 2 months to see if it's beneficial. People who do have MPB usually don't start seeing results until after a couple months of use.

rrgg: I think I've heard that before, but if finasteride lowers the overall dht concentration in one's body, I'd expect it to help in all areas of the head. If I was able to get my hands on some dutasteride, I'd use that, as I've heard it works in the areas above the temples.

bigdiddy

Awards
ok, These are all great ideas from different oppionions. But what is the finally answer of what we need and where to get it. It seems that as I read all of the ideas i just keep getting more confused on what to do. I am a bad shedder, I need the shedding to stop!!!!

What is the best combination.

Tad50

Awards
ok, These are all great ideas from different oppionions. But what is the finally answer of what we need and where to get it. It seems that as I read all of the ideas i just keep getting more confused on what to do. I am a bad shedder, I need the shedding to stop!!!!

What is the best combination.
I'd go to custom nutrition warehouse and get some spiro and/or AA, this will stop the hair from falling out. They also have minoxidil, which will help the hair grow back. I honestly don't see anything wrong with using finasteride. As I've posted earlier, both my brothers use it with zero side effects and GREAT results.

PGJPB

Awards
I was all ready to put in an order for SD, DHEA, and Nolva and some other PCT supps for a 3-4 week cycle of superdrol and this thread just convinced me to cancel it. I was seriously going to put my credit card in when I sat down on my computer about 20 minutes ago but went to this board first and got distracted and now I have cold feet.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
You didnt get distracted bro, you got educated. Looking into every facet of your AAS cycle will make for a much more positive and beneficial one.

BV

Tad50

Awards
I was all ready to put in an order for SD, DHEA, and Nolva and some other PCT supps for a 3-4 week cycle of superdrol and this thread just convinced me to cancel it. I was seriously going to put my credit card in when I sat down on my computer about 20 minutes ago but went to this board first and got distracted and now I have cold feet.
you can still do the cycle as long as you have some topical anti-androgen (spiro, AA, etc.)

darius

yeah, its sorta expensive and sorta isn't,. its worth it imo.

PGJPB

Awards
you can still do the cycle as long as you have some topical anti-androgen (spiro, AA, etc.)
Yeah, but paying for that sort of thing crosses the line for me. Not worth it (for me) to spend that much money and risk it for a quick 10 pounds of muscle. Still bummed though, I was looking forward to trying this out.

PGJPB

Awards
You didnt get distracted bro, you got educated. Looking into every facet of your AAS cycle will make for a much more positive and beneficial one.

BV
Yeah i know. I actually knew this was a side when looking into this and researching it, but it wasn't until I read this thread that I finally admitted to myself that this side effect could potentially happen because I wanted to try it so badly.

TheMonster

Awards
How many months/weeks of shedding should I go through before starting to use Finasteride. Can anyone provide an educated answer?

Thank you.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
How many months/weeks of shedding should I go through before starting to use Finasteride. Can anyone provide an educated answer?
What do you mean "should I go through?" If it's coming out, you can use the finasteride now.

TheMonster

Awards
What you mean "should I go through?" If it's coming out, you can use the finasteride now.
I was advised by some that the damage from my Superdrol cycle and the usage of Liquid Nolvadex were the cause of this and I should wait a few months to see if the shedding ceases...

This is what I was told...
I really don't think the Propecia will help at this point...hair loss is a bit like sundamage to the skin, the sun's rays are damaging skin cells while you're out in the sun but if often takes 12-24 hours to get the nasty burn. With hairloss, the effect can be delayed as well, I think this is what's happening with you. You should not experience much more hairloss, if you continue to lose hair and it becomes noticeable then your genetics are probably at fault, the prohormones just helped speed up the process. Then go see a doctor for finasteride.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
hair loss is a bit like sundamage to the skin, the sun's rays are damaging skin cells while you're out in the sun but if often takes 12-24 hours to get the nasty burn.
You don't know if the sun is still burning right now. DHT could be continuing to attack, unless you think for some reason that all of your hormone levels are back to their pre-cycle levels. I would say it's better to use finasteride right now and end it in a few months, rather than wait a few months to start it.

TheMonster

Awards
Good point. I'm gonna order a few months worth and see how it goes. Thanks everyone!

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
You should start with the topicals...

TheMonster

Awards
You should start with the topicals...
Interesting. How long do you think I should use the topicals for before I start to try Finasteride. RRGG suggested Finasteride to try and get my hormone levels back to the way they were pre-cycle. Is this possible to achieve through topicals?

darius

Dude, just order the topicals and use them :D. Remember, your hair is falling out more and more each day lol. Start with something, theres tons of info on here. Just try the topicals first, if things don't work out after a while get the Fina'.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. How long do you think I should use the topicals for before I start to try Finasteride. RRGG suggested Finasteride to try and get my hormone levels back to the way they were pre-cycle. Is this possible to achieve through topicals?
You've already screwed with your hormone levels enough. You'd done a proper PCT so your HPTA should be in check. If you have extra DHT in your system, Finasteride isnt going to do jack squat for you right now. Your best bet is the topicals. Azelaic acid inhibits DHT with 100% efficacy in the area of the scalp that it is applied. Finasteride only inhibits the DHT *conversion* at the 5AR enzyme, and of that 60% makes it to your hair follicles.

Unless you are having real problems with excess DHT (massive strength increases, oily skin, crazy sex drive, sore joints, prostate like a cabbage,etc) then you dont know FOR SURE that your hair loss problem is due to DHT, or metabolites from the anabolics you used, or just natural genetic progress.

Start with the topics - the take care of the ONLY symptom you are currently exhibiting...hair loss..without messing with the rest of your body.

BV

TheMonster

Awards
You've already screwed with your hormone levels enough. You'd done a proper PCT so your HPTA should be in check. If you have extra DHT in your system, Finasteride isnt going to do jack squat for you right now. Your best bet is the topicals. Azelaic acid inhibits DHT with 100% efficacy in the area of the scalp that it is applied. Finasteride only inhibits the DHT *conversion* at the 5AR enzyme, and of that 60% makes it to your hair follicles.

Unless you are having real problems with excess DHT (massive strength increases, oily skin, crazy sex drive, sore joints, prostate like a cabbage,etc) then you dont know FOR SURE that your hair loss problem is due to DHT, or metabolites from the anabolics you used, or just natural genetic progress.

Start with the topics - the take care of the ONLY symptom you are currently exhibiting...hair loss..without messing with the rest of your body.

BV
Will do. Thanks for the advice, it's greatly appreciated.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
I think I gave you the wrong impression. I was trying to correct what I felt were incorrect comments about finasteride. I wasn't really recommending that finasteride would work better than something else.

If the money's no problem I would use both finasteride and topicals now.

P.S. If you use the topicals, it might help to cut your hair short to get the stuff on your scalp.

thebiochemist

Awards
What you guys all need to understand, is that finasteride inhibits an enyme that converts test to DHt this enzyme comes in two forms type 2 and type1, the type 2 is gfound predominetly in the skin and scalp... and this is the one that fina blocks... so you understand that you are lowering your circulating levels of DHT....but!!! the mechanism in which DHT is made is local, and it is used locally at type 1 and two receptor cites you are not inhibiting type 1 so DHT is still made at the type 1 receptors which are primarly in the CNS... this is why you prolly wont see a strength loss while on it the, pretty much the same amount of DHT is hitting the Type one receptors as before(even though its a overall lower concentration...this is why TAds brothers saw no strength loss at all (hair loss, clear skin healthier prostate are the main side effects of fina, the few males who did experience sex sides had kliver problems and fina was not metabolized properly and built up to extremely high concentrations in their bodies, also.. more males on placebo then on the drug in the double blind study reported sex effects!!

Tad50

Awards
What you guys all need to understand, is that finasteride inhibits an enyme that converts test to DHt this enzyme comes in two forms type 2 and type1, the type 2 is gfound predominetly in the skin and scalp... and this is the one that fina blocks... so you understand that you are lowering your circulating levels of DHT....but!!! the mechanism in which DHT is made is local, and it is used locally at type 1 and two receptor cites you are not inhibiting type 1 so DHT is still made at the type 1 receptors which are primarly in the CNS... this is why you prolly wont see a strength loss while on it the, pretty much the same amount of DHT is hitting the Type one receptors as before(even though its a overall lower concentration...this is why TAds brothers saw no strength loss at all (hair loss, clear skin healthier prostate are the main side effects of fina, the few males who did experience sex sides had kliver problems and fina was not metabolized properly and built up to extremely high concentrations in their bodies, also.. more males on placebo then on the drug in the double blind study reported sex effects!!
Nice post....what do you know about dutasteride? My brother is taking both finasteride and dutasteride, which personally i feel is overkill. I told him to take either/or but not both.....he won't listen....says he doesn't want to take a chance. I know dutasteride has the ability to inhibit type 1 and type 2 enzymes. Also, I've heard that dutasteride is good for hairloss in all areas of the scalp, whereas finasteride is only good for the front and crown areas of the scalp (but not the corners). Is this true?

Also, am i to assume that finasteride helps to clear up acne? I have acne on my back (not bad but enough to notice). I also have tghe MPB gene. So would finasteride help with acne?