Citrulline Malate

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Simple question: Does CM need to be taken every day for it’s beneficial effects on exercise? I see that it is used daily in studies, but I’m trying to see if it’s like creatine in that saturation or something of the like is required or are the performance benefits from acute dosing...

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hmm not 100% sure about this one so we may wait until other people chime in but i don't think it's required to take daily to see results and don't have to worry about saturation. it's more of a pump product. Again not for sure on this but that would be my guess.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I don’t believe it needs to be taken daily. It’s positive effects are from the NO enhancement, which I’d imagine are acute with Citrulline dosing

GHopkins

GHopkins

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
From reading the studies, Citrulline has cardio protective properties if taken regularly. But this will apply for the couch potatoes that do not exercise. If you are here that should not apply to you. Lift heavy and don’t skip the cardio (twice a week). Use Citrulline before you lift or before a date. Either way it will improve your pump.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
To my knowledge, all the benefits are acute. I believe there’s a study showing an increase in bench press “strength” (that is, increased total bench press volume in a given routine) was based on a single dose of citrulline malate. Daily dosing would be better for treating cardiovascular issues, as citrulline can lower blood pressure, but for performance, stick with pre-, or possibly intra-, workout.

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Simple question: Does CM need to be taken every day for it’s beneficial effects on exercise? I see that it is used daily in studies, but I’m trying to see if it’s like creatine in that saturation or something of the like is required or are the performance benefits from acute dosing...
nope, no evidence of any saturation. And hard to imagine any saturation mechanism for citrulline.

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
To my knowledge, all the benefits are acute. I believe there’s a study showing an increase in bench press “strength” (that is, increased total bench press volume in a given routine) was based on a single dose of citrulline malate. Daily dosing would be better for treating cardiovascular issues, as citrulline can lower blood pressure, but for performance, stick with pre-, or possibly intra-, workout.
It should be taken daily. One study i believe suggested 3gr- 2x ed ..

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Take every day for 4 weeks, take notes on what you feel/experience.
Take on just workout days for 4 weeks. Compare to the statement above
Self-trial and error = what you read in a study or what others state. We all respond differently to any ingredient or formula we try.
Buying bulk Citrulline is not expensive, so to invest a few bucks goes a long way in knowing what works best for you.

GHopkins

GHopkins

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So we do not have a consensus...
The consensus is based upon what you want to do. Citrulline does not load like creatine because the body can’t store it in muscle. It has a cardio protective effect if taken daily in untrained people. It has acute benefits if taken before activity. Do either or both as needed. There is no down side to Citrulline. If you take too much and start getting headaches or the runs, back off and use less.
Buy in bulk and it is cheap!