Best Carb Powder

Mr Physique

Mr Physique

Awards
Hello y'all Im looking for a quality carbohydrate supplement. I have not been in this market for years now, but due to having 3 14 hour work days a week now I need something on those days to throw into shakes to help me stay on my calories (actually get in extra cal as I'm burning a lot throughout the day).

Last time I bought a carb powder was 2009 and it was all about Malto. Has the market evolved at all or is there a go to carb supp on AM?

It seems to me the best option would be Rich Piana Real Carbs (which uses sweet potato, rice, etc.) or I found one on Amazon called Muscle Feast which uses oats.

Any opinions ?

Kaiyas_daddy

Awards
  • Established
For a carb supp, I’m taking now foods waxy maize now that I’m on vector . Cheap and effective and maize > malto

I mix it with xtend go and sip drink workouts . It does add a slight chalky taste but after the first or second sip you get used to it and it’s not bad.

Seems like for your goals, maybe a good meal replacement. You should look into MRE by redcon1. It’s pricey, but it’s made of real foods. Oh and 1 serving has over 75 grams of carbs, 47 grams protein, 525 calories. The carb sources are dried fruits, oats, and sweet potato. Proteins from
Meats and fish. Sounds gross but surprisingly delicious. It still ends out cheaper than meals. Look for sales from the manufacturer. I’ve seen upwards to 35% off codes.

Mr Physique

Mr Physique

Awards
For a carb supp, I’m taking now foods waxy maize now that I’m on vector . Cheap and effective and maize > malto

I mix it with xtend go and sip drink workouts . It does add a slight chalky taste but after the first or second sip you get used to it and it’s not bad.

Seems like for your goals, maybe a good meal replacement. You should look into MRE by redcon1. It’s pricey, but it’s made of real foods. Oh and 1 serving has over 75 grams of carbs, 47 grams protein, 525 calories. The carb sources are dried fruits, oats, and sweet potato. Proteins from
Meats and fish. Sounds gross but surprisingly delicious. It still ends out cheaper than meals. Look for sales from the manufacturer. I’ve seen upwards to 35% off codes.
Thanks, perhaps. Looks like a really good product.

I'm looking ideally for a carb supp though that I can add to protein shakes. I have a boat load of whey already and gainer shakes tend to be a lot more pricey in the long run when you factor it out. I may end up grabbing some of the MRE because I really like it, but for now I'm looking more for a carb only supp. Might go with real carbs by 5% based on what I've been able to find.

Mr Physique

Mr Physique

Awards

Thanks, perhaps. Looks like a really good product.

I'm looking ideally for a carb supp though that I can add to protein shakes. I have a boat load of whey already and gainer shakes tend to be a lot more pricey in the long run when you factor it out. I may end up grabbing some of the MRE because I really like it, but for now I'm looking more for a carb only supp. Might go with real carbs by 5% based on what I've been able to find.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Karbolyn

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To be honest, never felt a significant difference between malto, waxy, HBCD, Karbolyn etc. also intra-workout. HBCD and Karbolyn might be slightly better intra, but for me it does not justify the price difference

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To be honest, never felt a significant difference between malto, waxy, HBCD, Karbolyn etc. also intra-workout. HBCD and Karbolyn might be slightly better intra, but for me it does not justify the price difference
What do you use.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Allmax do carbion comes unflavoured

I personally use intracell for working out

5%’s does look good, and MRE is delicious good options there

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
glycofuse is the favorite product I've ever used

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is Glycofuse not simply HBCD?
Glycofuse® is a new generation of carbohydrate-based products packed with 25 grams of Cluster Dextrin® (Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin) per serving and a powerful electrolyte matrix made of Gold Medallion Albion minerals. Cluster Dextrin® was developed by scientists in Japan to provide measurable improvements in overall athletic performance as compared to conventional carbohydrate formulas

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glycofuse is a new generation of carbohydrate-based products packed with 25 grams of Cluster Dextrin (Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin) per serving and a powerful electrolyte matrix made of Gold Medallion Albion minerals. Cluster Dextrin was developed by scientists in Japan to provide measurable improvements in overall athletic performance as compared to conventional carbohydrate formulas
It was a rhetorical question :)

I am just not sure why anybody would buy Glycofuse if you can get Cluster Dextrin or HBCD for half the price if bought in bulk. But each to their own.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Old school After Glow, watermelon flavor. One of the best ever

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I am just not sure why anybody would buy Glycofuse if you can get Cluster Dextrin or HBCD for half the price if bought in bulk. But each to their own.
Could you let me know where?

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the Glycofuse love! Pure HBCD with that famous Gaspari flavoring system. Have a tub of orange-mango that I'm excited to bust open.
Damn I didn’t know you guys were still on the board! I had a tub of Neapolitan precision protein delivered today actually. One of my favorites. I need to try glycofuse, orange mango sounds incredible.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've used several over the years. KArbolyn, cluster bomb, Intra MD. All with good results. Flavor was a big factor with these. Currently I am using Intrafuse from Liquid Labs. I like that it isn't flavored and can be mixed with anything.

https://mindandmuscle.net/articles/product/intrafuse/

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you want to add it to your protein shakes why not save some money and add raw oats?

I’ve used one or two products mentioned above and they taste decent. I’m just all about saving money so I’ve gone with oats.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I would love to know where because 60 servings of glycofuse was only$37. By far the best price I found. Outdoing any hulk sites big time.

Another vote for karbolyn and Glycofuse though

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would love to know where because 60 servings of glycofuse was only$37. By far the best price I found. Outdoing any hulk sites big time.

OK, maybe in the US you cannot find better prices, but 37$ for 1,5 kg is not a good price and in EU Glycofuse is much more expensive. I was referring to the Italian guy in my post.

There are literally several sites offering HBCD in bulk, and very often there are sales at low prices if you buy 5kg for instance. Last time, I paid 45€ for 5 kg, so about 11$ a kg or 16,5$ for the same amount as in Glycofuse.

Obviously without flavoring.

IconicForm

IconicForm

Board Sponsor
Awards
Could you let me know where?
yeah, I don't know where you can get that much savings on HBCD in bulk. I checked one of my sources (bulk but not wholesale) for bulk HBCD and it worked out to be roughly the same price as I could find glycofuse for. the price I found was $14/lb...glycofuse has 1.5kg of HBCD per container, equating to roughly 3.3lbs of HBCD.

3.3x14 = 46.2

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah, I don't know where you can get that much savings on HBCD in bulk. I checked one of my sources (bulk but not wholesale) for bulk HBCD and it worked out to be roughly the same price as I could find glycofuse for. the price I found was $14/lb...glycofuse has 1.5kg of HBCD per container, equating to roughly 3.3lbs of HBCD.

3.3x14 = 46.2
No luck then, there is right now a sale by a UK supplier where you can get 1 kg for 13-14$ and as I said before, I even found it cheaper in the past. You just have to pay attention to sales which are constantly changing.

But I already figured that bulk powders are much cheaper in Europe than US, also for stuff like EAA, Citrulline, AAKG, etc

I bought 500g of AAKG for 10€ and 500g CM 2:1 for 12€ recently

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
Damn I didn’t know you guys were still on the board! I had a tub of Neapolitan precision protein delivered today actually. One of my favorites. I need to try glycofuse, orange mango sounds incredible.
Yes sir! Awesome, thanks so much for the support.. love the neapolitan flavor PP. Definitely try the orange mango GlycoFuse when you get a chance!

My man!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been looking into intra workout carbs lately for my tough, heavy days. Is HBCD that superior to bulk Gatorade powder?