Benefits of L-arginine?

TheBigBrodie

TheBigBrodie

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone noticed benefits by supplementing with L-arginine? (Such as results, feeling, health properties)

Old School

Old School

Awards
Take them at night with ornithine supposed to stimulate a GH release

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Supplement citrulline malate or citrulline. Don't waste your time with oral l-arginine.

franks009

Awards
  • Established
Pop 3 grams of arginine pwo and my pwo has 1.5 grams. Pumps are legit

HAMinTheTrap

Awards
Pumps/NO supp.... best form being AAKG (Arginine alphaketoglutarate)

but as mentioned before citruline is used for the same purpose and actually better:

"L-Citrulline is another supplementation option because it is converted into arginine in the kidneys. It also has a better absorption rate. Citrulline is able to increase levels of plasma arginine more effective than arginine itself. For long-term health-related supplementation, L-citrulline may be a better supplementation option than L-arginine."

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Arginine Ornitine over anything else, but I still wouldn't even bother with that. You probably get more arginine in two scoops of most protein powders versus supplementing with l-arginine. I think the studies of it were with like 40g of oral arginine or something ridiculous.

Nitrates > citrulline > all

bb333

Awards
  • Established
Good only for spermiogenesis! (They say).

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Overall there are many things that can give better benefits. CM, BA and agmatine to name a few.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
A combo of arginine and Citrulline Malate has been shown to be more effective than just Citrulline alone