Help selecting preworkout

JeffinCA

Awards
Hey all, long time lifter here, just been away from the scene for a bit.

I usually use PES High Volume as my preworkout, and I usually throw in some DMAA caps I have from a long time ago (25mg DMAA+100mg caffiene). That makes for a fantastic workout and pump.

Its time to replace products and so I thought I'd see what's the great preworkout available now.

From what I can see, to get a similar outcome, the Dust Extreme looks similar if I just cut it to 1/2 scoop. I'm 49 years old so don't want too much caffiene or DMAA, just similar to what I have now would be nice. 25-35mg DMAA and 100-150mg caffiene as well as maybe around 1G agmatine, some citruline, and whatever is the hot setup now for the "euphoria" or mental drive (I know DMAA helps a lot with that, but things like hordenine, etc. probably help some too).

Looking for what's readily available. I've seen "Jacked up" and others but many are proprietary blends so I have no real idea how much caffiene and DMAA are in there. Not what I'm too happy about.

Suggestions? I imagine this is a common topic but now that the DMAA thing is coming to an end I'm sort of hoping there's one or two standouts.

luckylefty811

luckylefty811

Awards
  • Established

I usually use PES High Volume as my preworkout, and I usually throw in some DMAA caps I have from a long time ago (25mg DMAA+100mg caffiene). That makes for a fantastic workout and pump.

Its time to replace products and so I thought I'd see what's the great preworkout available now.

From what I can see, to get a similar outcome, the Dust Extreme looks similar if I just cut it to 1/2 scoop. I'm 49 years old so don't want too much caffiene or DMAA, just similar to what I have now would be nice. 25-35mg DMAA and 100-150mg caffiene as well as maybe around 1G agmatine, some citruline, and whatever is the hot setup now for the "euphoria" or mental drive (I know DMAA helps a lot with that, but things like hordenine, etc. probably help some too).

Looking for what's readily available. I've seen "Jacked up" and others but many are proprietary blends so I have no real idea how much caffiene and DMAA are in there. Not what I'm too happy about.

Suggestions? I imagine this is a common topic but now that the DMAA thing is coming to an end I'm sort of hoping there's one or two standouts.
get the rest of aps mesomorph while you can before that is gone all you need is half a scoop.

Voldyne

Awards
I would get away from DMAA, and shock your receptors a bit...you gotta mix it up from time to time. Given your desire for a low range caffeine content, OL Conquer Unleased would be a nice option. On the other hand, OL RE1GN is probably the most euphoric of any currently available PWO. If you could get a tub of each, I would play around with the dosing between those two. Many people enjoy mixing CU with RE1GN...not at full doses obviously. At the end of the day, neither one will go to waste so I say go for it!

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Take a break from DMAA as it comes with rapid tolerance build up. My suggestion would be to go with one of the following pre workouts if you're looking for that "euphroic" type feel:

Performax Labs HyperMax
Sparta Nutrition Kraken
SideWalk Kraka
DVST8 White Cut

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mesomorph is really good. I’ve always enjoyed it.

I would also look into HyperMax. Especially since nutriverse has it for 30% off plus an additional 5% if you use promo code AM5 (I believe it still works). I’ll link you below but HyperMax is a pretty strong stim (for me at least). I suggest taking a couple of weeks without a stim then get back on. You should respond better to whatever stim you take.

They also have a buy one get one free right now that I just saw!! It’s showing that it’s for the previous label version.

https://www.nutriverse.com/hypermax-new-formula-by-performax-labs/

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I love Mesomorph. I have not used the new version of Mesomorph yet to say if it’s something you should try. I’m hoping for the chance sometime soon. In the meantime, I highly recommend Re1gn. I rotate between Mesomorph and Re1gn and Re1gn definitely does the job.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Honestly, there's so many good pre's out now it's hard to narrow it down to just one. Which is why I don't. HyperMax XT is solid, Chaos and Pain has several that work well, USPLabs Jack3d, Quake, Re1gn, Mesomorph, just pick you're stim level. Radiate as a pre is another of my favorites, especially when mixed with a pump product like Permaswole or MaxReps (RIP).

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This here is my list

Re1gn from Olympus Labs
Wicked from Innovative Labs
Kraken from Sparta Nutrition
Gameday from MAN Sports

irishiron300

irishiron300

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definitely a number of solid options including:

Sparta - Kraken
Redcon - total war
OL - Reign
Centurion - god of Rage
APS- mesomorph

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
This here is my list

Re1gn from Olympus Labs
Wicked from Innovative Labs
Kraken from Sparta Nutrition
Gameday from MAN Sports
Good list here but just be sure to 1/2 dose these and maybe even 1/4 dose for re1gn. All will provide the edge you’re looking for (wicked being the only Dmaa product from this list ).

Anabolic_Stud

Anabolic_Stud

Awards

I stack dust extreme with pes high volume lmao I love it,

Anabolic_Stud

Anabolic_Stud

Awards

I stack dust extreme with pes high volume lol I love that stuff!

Anabolic_Stud

Anabolic_Stud

Awards

I stack dust extreme with pes high volume lol I love that stuff!

kelvarnsen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My favorite preworkouts right now that I rotate

Sparta Kraken
Ntel Arez - white container
BSL Dust Extreme - haven't used new formula
OL Re1gn
Vein Rupture

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Solid suggestions in here. My two stand out suggestions would be Hypermax by Performax Labs and MaxOut by iForce. These are both moderate to high stim preworkouts. If you've never tried Eria Jarensis, which is a stimulant used in Hyermax, I would high recommend trying it.

For pump products, Vasomax and High Volume are my top go-to's for a non-stim addition for increased pump. Any of the products listed above from other posts would be good also.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
HyperMax is the #1 non DMAA pre workout rated by Price Plow. They say the 25 serving tub will last most people 35-40 workouts. I personally still only need a half scoop.

VasoMax or High Volume are my favorite non stims.

Radiate is my go to for pre cardio.

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
I take the Wyked and Mesomorph stack. High stim and low stim combined.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Definitely get some mesomorph by aps if you have not tried it. It's my fav pre workout.

customshopkv1

customshopkv1

Awards
Kraken, SP250 and Wicked are my favorites.

Meso makes me feel like crap and tweeked out

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Definitely a number of solid options including:

Sparta - Kraken
Redcon - total war
OL - Reign
Centurion - god of Rage
APS- mesomorph
These are all good options. I would start with half a scoop. Once you have tolerance then add to full scoop.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

HyperMax XT sounds like it would fit your bill exactly. It is a high stim product and also contains Eria Jarnesis, which will provide a great euphoric feeling and keep you energized throughout your entire workout. You would not need to stack it with a non stim product either. Even though it is a high stim product, it does contain a full dose of cirtuline and 1 gram of agmatine which will provide really good pumps. It is difficult to find a true all in one product that provides great energy, focus, and pumps, but HyperMax XT does all three.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
High volume and alphamine gets the job done time and time again.

But prolific gets it done for me more on the focus aspect so I often stack that in place of alphamine.

dbuckley82

dbuckley82

Awards
  • Established
Sidewalk Kraka. Not only is it amazing in everyway, maybe not the biggest pump, but the workouts are amazing, no crash at all. At all. And if you look around, you can grab a tub for 20, free shipping on eBay. And that's for 30 servings. Better value than KRAKEN or TOTAL WAR by far.

Voldyne

Awards
Sidewalk Kraka. Not only is it amazing in everyway, maybe not the biggest pump, but the workouts are amazing, no crash at all. At all. And if you look around, you can grab a tub for 20, free shipping on eBay. And that's for 30 servings. Better value than KRAKEN or TOTAL WAR by far.
I just bought Total War (on the way) for the first time as a BOGO, as I wanted to try something new. They also had Kraken as a BOGO which I have also not tried...hope I made the right choice. How would you compare the two?

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just bought Total War (on the way) for the first time as a BOGO, as I wanted to try something new. They also had Kraken as a BOGO which I have also not tried...hope I made the right choice. How would you compare the two?
Anything Singerman touches....you have to question. Go ask John Meadows. That's why I stay away from his stuff. Would have gone with Kraken for that reason alone.

Voldyne

Awards
Anything Singerman touches....you have to question. Go ask John Meadows. That's why I stay away from his stuff. Would have gone with Kraken for that reason alone.
Really...huh? I actually have no idea who those people are, or their reputation in the supplement industry :)Nice to know though...

I went with Total War because it seemed higher dosed in some key ingredients. I also typically like dicaffeine malate. Kraken will probably be next on my list...

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Really...huh? I actually have no idea who those people are, or their reputation in the supplement industry :)Nice to know though...

I went with Total War because it seemed higher dosed in some key ingredients. I also typically like dicaffeine malate. Kraken will probably be next on my list...
Its not a bad pre workout. Its not anything special either. Its solid and does the job. The guy he's talking about was part owner of Blackstone labs so maybe that will make more sense to you. He left and started redcon 1 which actually has some decent products. Have used the total war, big noise (pump product) and fade out sleep aid (pretty good). I think you get what you pay for, your getting a solid standard pwo. Its not going to knock your socks off but will get the job done.

Voldyne

Awards
Its not a bad pre workout. Its not anything special either. Its solid and does the job. The guy he's talking about was part owner of Blackstone labs so maybe that will make more sense to you. He left and started redcon 1 which actually has some decent products. Have used the total war, big noise (pump product) and fade out sleep aid (pretty good). I think you get what you pay for, your getting a solid standard pwo. Its not going to knock your socks off but will get the job done.
Oh yeah, that sounds familiar now...gotcha!

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Cliff notes...Aaron Singerman owns Redcon1 who makes Total War. Him & PJ used to be partners in Blackstone Labs who owned Prime Nutrition. John Meadows had a formula called Intra MD through Prime Nutrition...after people complained to John about the formula being off, he had it tested and came back with some ingredients completely missing in the formula....intentionally. No TeaCrine and maybe half of stated Hydromax. John Meadows created his own label, Granite Supplements.

Voldyne

Awards
Cliff notes...Aaron Singerman owns Redcon1 who makes Total War. Him & PJ used to be partners in Blackstone Labs who owned Prime Nutrition. John Meadows had a formula called Intra MD through Prime Nutrition...after people complained to John about the formula being off, he had it tested and came back with some ingredients completely missing in the formula....intentionally. No TeaCrine and maybe half of stated Hydromax.
What a dirty bastard! If he left that shyt out, the least he could have done is replaced it with something off label that was fun!

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
Took this stuff last night at 2 scoops. Holy **** I felt was on meth!!! On the way to the gym I thought I was gonna have to pull over.
1BCFEA5B-A24E-4B1D-B28C-7A6E61362C15.png

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Took this stuff last night at 2 scoops. Holy **** I felt was on meth!!! On the way to the gym I thought I was gonna have to pull over.View attachment 158294
Sounds like one of those products you keep around for crazy nights or third shift life styles.

dbuckley82

dbuckley82

Awards
  • Established
I haven't tried Kraken... It's on my list, but I don't like the 20 servings per tub, specially at 35 ish a tub, I'm all about making the dollar stretch ya know? But Total War is similar to Kraka, but I don't think its as long lasting, and I get more of a lazer focus w Kraka. Total War does have the 6 G of Citrulline, which is cool if you're all about the pump... But I personally think pump products are all kind of overrated, especially for the money. I get pumped regardless of what supplements I take, I believe that the 'pump' is more about having sufficient hydration and preworkout nutrition. Again, thats just my opinion. I'm all about the focus and motivation, and for me, Kraka is the **** for that. And it's way better than DMAA pre's that burn me out and make me crash. Somehow, I never get any bad effects from it.

You'll love Total War no doubt, especially as a BOGO, but look for Kraka from distributors on ebay, you can find them occaisionally at 20 bucks free shipping.

Voldyne

Awards
Took this stuff last night at 2 scoops. Holy **** I felt was on meth!!! On the way to the gym I thought I was gonna have to pull over.
Hmmm....
I am surprised that it had that much of an impact as the profile looks less than impressive. We can’t attribute this response to the Ephedra Nevadensis leaves, as that is essentially an inert ingredient.

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
Hmmm....
I am surprised that it had that much of an impact as the profile looks less than impressive. We can’t attribute this response to the Ephedra Nevadensis leaves, as that is essentially an inert ingredient.
Yes 2-3 scoops you will get ****ed up! I actually through in a little xtra than 2 scoops so it hit me like a freight train!!!!

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, you should take a break from DMAA!

Voldyne

Awards
So I finally tried Total War today and guess what...it should be called Total Flop! I have trouble believing the ingredient label accurately reflectes the actual product. It was quite dismal. I had like a 10 minute caffeine rush and then it was all downhill. I actually yawned at the end of my workout and my eyes were getting heavy. On the drive home I felt like taking a nap. Pumps were OK but endurance, motivation, focus, and obviously energy were all about as low as I have experienced for quite some time. Maybe I had an off day, but it will be hard for me to take the gamble again on this one. What a waste..

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I finally tried Total War today and guess what...it should be called Total Flop! I have trouble believing the ingredient label accurately reflectes the actual product. It was quite dismal. I had like a 10 minute caffeine rush and then it was all downhill. I actually yawned at the end of my workout and my eyes were getting heavy. On the drive home I felt like taking a nap. Pumps were OK but endurance, motivation, focus, and obviously energy were all about as low as I have experienced for quite some time. Maybe I had an off day, but it will be hard for me to take the gamble again on this one. What a waste..
Not surprised...another Singerman flop. Singerman also produces CT Fletcher's line, like products...same results.

Voldyne

Awards
Not surprised...another Singerman flop. Singerman also produces CT Fletcher's line, like products...same results.
Yup you called that one right on the money. Hideous...just pure hideousness!

Actually it tasted OK..

kelvarnsen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I haven't tried Kraken... It's on my list, but I don't like the 20 servings per tub, specially at 35 ish a tub, I'm all about making the dollar stretch ya know? But Total War is similar to Kraka, but I don't think its as long lasting, and I get more of a lazer focus w Kraka. Total War does have the 6 G of Citrulline, which is cool if you're all about the pump... But I personally think pump products are all kind of overrated, especially for the money. I get pumped regardless of what supplements I take, I believe that the 'pump' is more about having sufficient hydration and preworkout nutrition. Again, thats just my opinion. I'm all about the focus and motivation, and for me, Kraka is the **** for that. And it's way better than DMAA pre's that burn me out and make me crash. Somehow, I never get any bad effects from it.

You'll love Total War no doubt, especially as a BOGO, but look for Kraka from distributors on ebay, you can find them occaisionally at 20 bucks free shipping.
Kraken is often BOGO at 39.95 if you look around.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Has anybody taken advantage of the discount on HyperMax at nutriverse?

dbuckley82

dbuckley82

Awards
  • Established
Total War is either given a great review, or a completely horrible review. For the preworkout category, this is suspiciously odd. As you said, on paper, it should be outstanding. But if there's something I've learned this last year... a lot of times that label doesn't reflect the efficiency of the product.