Unflavored preworkouts. Suggestions?

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Hey AM been trying to avoid all these sweeteners and dye coloring on my pre workout drinks I want to hear suggestions of powder mix out there that's unflavored or capsule form. Obviously I can buy bulk but man it's such an inconvenience... I used powder city before and they actually had everything laid out for you to mix but that didn't even work well for me.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Diesel nutrition has a pill form preworkout

Or just buy caffeine pills , bulk powders of what you want and need to add something or it will taste horrible.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I was also going to suggest a caffeine pill. These are usually pretty cheap. I have 2 bottles from Hi-tech on hand, just in case. I think they are about $10 per bottle

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
I'm good on the caffeine dept, I have plenty of sources for those. I'm just asking if anyone had something unique. Example I had in mind was ergonine after doing a lot of reading and searching tonight. It's a bit pricey if you take into acct if you want to take it year round.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
And yes I know it's old but I love the concept.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You can get Caffeine, DMHA in pills. And I would suggest getting other bulk powders and add flavours (stevia sweetened) from Myprotein just @ $4/bottles. Else, it's going to be a task gulping them down.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've just been using 200mg caffeine tabs fro Hi-Tech.....I can't do the crazy stims anymore so just having caffeine is perfect for me. If you would like to add more like agmatine just add bulk powders to water, hold your nose and down it all goes

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I wish they made a pres made from bulk powders in cap form. then it would take the trouble of having to buy your own bulk powders and do it yourself.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I guess it depends on what you think should be in a PrWO that has acute effects. I was going to suggest Unflavored Ergonine as well, with added Cit-Mal and a crushed CAF tab (and/or Primatene). But really, I think the only acute ingredient in E9 is the HydroMax and maybe the Choline. You could literally just mix 8g of Cit-Mal in some Instant Coffee :D

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
for stims Premier Oils has a DMAA liquid that is only slightly sweet (not much other flavor). I have taken it by itself (just to evaluate it), so far I am liking it. I am going to try it in a cup of coffee tomorrow morning. Throw in some Teacrine and Theanine to smooth it out and it should be a pretty good ride, without the extra baggage.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
I wish they made a pres made from bulk powders in cap form. then it would take the trouble of having to buy your own bulk powders and do it yourself.
That's what I'm looking for too! AM always has these new types of product that is not known yet being the main reason why I asked here. I'll keep searching and I'll keep everyone posted if I see anything worth to mention.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
for stims Premier Oils has a DMAA liquid that is only slightly sweet (not much other flavor). I have taken it by itself (just to evaluate it), so far I am liking it. I am going to try it in a cup of coffee tomorrow morning. Throw in some Teacrine and Theanine to smooth it out and it should be a pretty good ride, without the extra baggage.
That sounds interesting. Maybe I'm asking too much from someone to tailor my needs into one concoction without flavoring...

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
I guess it depends on what you think should be in a PrWO that has acute effects. I was going to suggest Unflavored Ergonine as well, with added Cit-Mal and a crushed CAF tab (and/or Primatene). But really, I think the only acute ingredient in E9 is the HydroMax and maybe the Choline. You could literally just mix 8g of Cit-Mal in some Instant Coffee :D
So to give everyone an idea the past week I switched over to just ECGC caps that equates to 240mg of caffeine and then ephedrine at 25mg preworkout. For other additions I'm adding alcar, tmg/betaine, and beta alanine to my orange juice during breakfast which is an hr prior to my workout. It's smooth and I felt amazing pumps yesterday.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Diesel nutrition has a pill form preworkout

Or just buy caffeine pills , bulk powders of what you want and need to add something or it will taste horrible.
So I just looked into this, it's a big no for me due to the addition of yohimbe. Then there's a ton of ingredients at really low dose. 1g of the proprietary blend that is underdosed wouldn't do much either. On top of my head NALT I used to take at 2g and ALA at a 1g. Just with those two that blend is already filled and then some. Thanks for the suggestion, it's within the lines of what I'm looking for just a better profile.

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
That sounds interesting. Maybe I'm asking too much from someone to tailor my needs into one concoction without flavoring...
For a PWO you could add in a healthy dosing of bulk Cit-Mal (I used to get mine from Powder City or Bulk Supps too).

The DMAA is working pretty good for me for an afternoon pick-me-up. I normally drink a glass of Radiate, but am liking this pretty well (since I don't drench my shirts when taking the DMAA :)). I am recovering from a herniated disc in my neck, so no PWO for me currently, I can only speak to how it is working out in general. Sorry.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
For a PWO you could add in a healthy dosing of bulk Cit-Mal (I used to get mine from Powder City or Bulk Supps too).

The DMAA is working pretty good for me for an afternoon pick-me-up. I normally drink a glass of Radiate, but am liking this pretty well (since I don't drench my shirts when taking the DMAA :)). I am recovering from a herniated disc in my neck, so no PWO for me currently, I can only speak to how it is working out in general. Sorry.
DMAA was good when I used it but I'm not planning to get back to it. The energy I get from it is insane but it wasn't neat if you catch my drift.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
This would be my suggestion as well.

Unflavoured don't tend to sell well so not many companies go that route

GottiStatus

Awards
Nutrabio has an unflavored Pre. Doesn't get any higher quality than from them.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
This would be my suggestion as well.

Unflavoured don't tend to sell well so not many companies go that route
Hey Jiigzz I actually have sns betaine, huperzine a, taurine, and citrulline malate as bulk powders/capsules. I did minimize it though to what I mentioned on my previous post.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That's what I'm looking for too! AM always has these new types of product that is not known yet being the main reason why I asked here. I'll keep searching and I'll keep everyone posted if I see anything worth to mention.
Sweet. I'd definitely be interested if you find anything.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Sweet. I'd definitely be interested if you find anything.
I've been on my current pre workout regime for a week and a half now and I'm getting a better result each day. If I add anything it might be gms (glycergrow 2) which I just ordered. After my annual bloodwork I might also hop on sns xgels.

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey AM been trying to avoid all these sweeteners and dye coloring on my pre workout drinks I want to hear suggestions of powder mix out there that's unflavored or capsule form. Obviously I can buy bulk but man it's such an inconvenience... I used powder city before and they actually had everything laid out for you to mix but that didn't even work well for me.
Its nice to find someone on the boards who agrees with the sweetener and dye coloring removal from products!! I made own preworkout before buying from nutribio unflavoured ingredients and taking “clinical dosages” do your research - and the result has been drinkable.. just cost to much to do.. will probably go back to it and carry on tweaking..

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Its nice to find someone on the boards who agrees with the sweetener and dye coloring removal from products!! I made own preworkout before buying from nutribio unflavoured ingredients and taking “clinical dosages” do your research - and the result has been drinkable.. just cost to much to do.. will probably go back to it and carry on tweaking..
It's just too much lately. I workout 5 days a week and even though my food intake is fairly clean I hate the absurd amount of coloring and sweeteners I consume from Pre workout. It does add up if you think about it. It's really time to clean up.

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's just too much lately. I workout 5 days a week and even though my food intake is fairly clean I hate the absurd amount of coloring and sweeteners I consume from Pre workout. It does add up if you think about it. It's really time to clean up.
Exactly this. Its ok if one takes one product, I take pre.protein,creatine,bcaa,natural anabolics,vitamin D etc all adds up.. also be careful of pills with titanium dioxide and few other nastiess..