Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm looking for unflavored protein powders to use in making ice cream. I'm thinking pure whey isolate will probably taste the least? I ordered bulk supplements whey isolate and I think it will work, but I'd like a different brand. I tried whey concentrate and its not great.

I'm mostly interested in whey, but I guess I could attempt casien. I don't think it mixes as well. plant proteins don't interest me much.

(it seems like they all are instantized with sunflower lecithin, which I guess is ok but I don't think it's necessary)

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You may actually obtain better results with concentrate as it tends to be creamier and more dairy like when unsweetened/unflavored.

Danksta710

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I use Debitterized Hydrolyzed Whey Protein for my banana nice cream.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You may actually obtain better results with concentrate as it tends to be creamier and more dairy like when unsweetened/unflavored.
I tried concentrate and it was pretty nasty. threw it away. brand: "no bull" , ingredients: whey concentrate and sunflower shite

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What flavored ice cream are you making? I've just used vanilla protein powder in the past.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Here you go bud, couple options for unflavored isolate

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I tried concentrate and it was pretty nasty. threw it away. brand: "no bull" , ingredients: whey concentrate and sunflower shite
The concentrates tend to be more chalky, also I tried making I've cream with a few vegan protein powders and they all were a flop.

Best way to go about it seems to be a isolate and getting it completely dissolved into your batter