Question About Creatine

Mr.Perfection

Mr.Perfection

Awards
Hay, guys. I apologise if this is a stupid question, but please just bare with me...

So the study/ies done on creatine and the "loading phase" with it, were the subjects trained/training? I ask this because obviously you get higher saturation levels, and quicker if you use the loading phase. But if you are training in that phase, don't you "use" the creatine you are supposedly "loading", and so "highest saturation levels" will actually take longer than 5 days to reach? And what about after one hell of a day (or a week's) training? Sprinting in the summer sun at afternoon and then hitting weights at night. - wouldn't you need to "load" again and again? Because of all the swetting and "using creatine stores" and then there is also differing absorption rates between people, so what if you have bad absorption and because of that have to take more at a time etc.

Hope this makes sense. Only have wifi for a couple of minutes every now and then, so I'm always hasty when posting a thread. That's why it's not as well asked/written as it should be.

Thanks in advance.

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
Just eat 5g a day every day and don't worry about loading or cycling it imo

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yep. Like said above all you need is 5g creatine monohydrate daily and consistently.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
5 grams each day, every day, for life :)

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
As long as you keep it around 3-5g a day. Loading is an old school way of getting saturated.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
3-5 grams per day. It won't take long to saturate. I guess if one is using it for the first time ever, or in a long time, they could load, but I don't think it would be worth it.

I know beta alanine is not creatine, but think of it the same way. Users often report tingles for the first few days, by a week's end, they tend to diminish or go away completely. This is due to saturation. It does not take long for people to become saturated.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established