Creatine Questions

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do any of you guys still take creatine even though you use anabolic drugs? Do you truly see a benefit from using it?

I’m between cycles and might pick up some creatine monohydrate. Last year I tried creatine hydrochloride. It was expensive and I didn’t really notice much strength or muscular endurance increase. I did hold a little more water. Monohydrate is a much cheaper and more popular option so I’ll go with that this time.

Also, I’ve been holding onto a month’s supply of 20mg mk677 pills that I’ll probably start using any day now. I plan on ordering some more if I like it again. Do you think taking creatine while on mk677 will cause an excessive amount of bloating and water retention? Im really hoping the recovery benefits of mk help me squeeze in another day or two of training a week. But last time I used it I gained 5 pounds of water within 48 hours of starting. Thanks.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Screw it. I’m hopping on the mk and creatine today. I’ve been completely natty for 2 months (no supplements even). I’ve put in 8 lbs and gained a good deal of strength but I’m looking for an extra boost. If I gain 10 lbs of water I don’t care, so long as it’s intramuscular and not all around the belly.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Creatine causes water retention within the muscle...not quite the same as mk I dont believe. I still love creatine...particularly see the difference off cycle. IMO monohydrate is the way to go. Just remember you'll have a loading phase before it fully kicks in. At 5 grams a day it takes about a month to hit full saturation. There are other ways to reach saturation quicker supposedly....creatine is starting to show some other health benefits as well. I'm a fan of the 5g/ day nearly the entire year - with a couple little breaks.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I use creatine from time to time. Especially when I'm peaking for strength. But I always drop it after about 2 months. Lots of people I know take creatine year round always 10 grams a day

50Magnum

50Magnum

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I get super bloated on creatine literally thats why I never take it; or take it at most 3-4 times a week since its in my preworkout. If I take any form whether mono, hcl, kre alkyn, etc. my face looks so retarded. Im on GH right now and yes I gained water weight but its not on my face and I look better rather then when I'm on creatine. I am a hyporesponder and to be honest comparing my last sarm cycle to say if I took 5 grams of monohydrate everyday, strength gains from creatine would blow it out of water for me, but the sarm actually put on lean tissue and even after nights of drinking and working out the next day I would have PRs unlike creatine water weight would slightly diminish after a night of drinking and would be weaker the next day. I used creatine all throughout my teenage years though, I remember running Size On as a teen all the time; **** got my bench eventually to 275 for 8 reps before the Size On I was doing 225 for 10 or 235 without taking anything else or really increasing my cals. Im a super ****ing hyper responder though thats why I bloat so badly on creatine

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Creatine causes water retention within the muscle...not quite the same as mk I dont believe. I still love creatine...particularly see the difference off cycle. IMO monohydrate is the way to go. Just remember you'll have a loading phase before it fully kicks in. At 5 grams a day it takes about a month to hit full saturation. There are other ways to reach saturation quicker supposedly....creatine is starting to show some other health benefits as well. I'm a fan of the 5g/ day nearly the entire year - with a couple little breaks.
Yeah, the amount of benefits they’re claiming creatine has now is pretty crazy. It’s supposed to be really good for the brain. Some studies say it even increases resting testosterone levels and DHT levels.

I probably won’t front load just to save money and product. I don’t mind waiting a little while to reach full saturation, since I’ll probably stick with this creatine and mk677 regimen for quite a while anyway.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, the amount of benefits they’re claiming creatine has now is pretty crazy. It’s supposed to be really good for the brain. Some studies say it even increases resting testosterone levels and DHT levels.

I probably won’t front load just to save money and product. I don’t mind waiting a little while to reach full saturation, since I’ll probably stick with this creatine and mk677 regimen for quite a while anyway.
It’s actually quite healthy, especially if you’re a vegetarian/vegan. Either way, if you tolerate it, I see no reason not to use it, as it’s very cheap and safe. 5g/day is more than enough. One study found that saturation could be achieved with a month of 3g/day, then maintained with 2g/day. So even if you’re a little heavier than most people, 5g would more than suffice for sure.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I get super bloated on creatine literally thats why I never take it; or take it at most 3-4 times a week since its in my preworkout. If I take any form whether mono, hcl, kre alkyn, etc. my face looks so retarded. Im on GH right now and yes I gained water weight but its not on my face and I look better rather then when I'm on creatine. I am a hyporesponder and to be honest comparing my last sarm cycle to say if I took 5 grams of monohydrate everyday, strength gains from creatine would blow it out of water for me, but the sarm actually put on lean tissue and even after nights of drinking and working out the next day I would have PRs unlike creatine water weight would slightly diminish after a night of drinking and would be weaker the next day. I used creatine all throughout my teenage years though, I remember running Size On as a teen all the time; **** got my bench eventually to 275 for 8 reps before the Size On I was doing 225 for 10 or 235 without taking anything else or really increasing my cals. Im a super ****ing hyper responder though thats why I bloat so badly on creatine
Damn, that’s crazy. You sure it wasn’t dbol? haha

Do you guys take it pre or post workout?

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I use it cause its cheap and in a lot of preworkouts but ive never noticed too much from it

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Stick with monohydrate. Everything else is a waste of money. All the claims of superior absorption are a load of crap. All you get from different forms is better solubility. That can certainly have benefit, but the price hike that accompanies it is outrageous. Loading is totally unnecessary, as was said, you can saturate on 3g/day if you want. I actually throw my creatine in with my intraworkout shake, but mostly because I don’t take anything postworkout besides food. There is research showing slight benefit to post vs. pre workout consumption. The difference is likely negligible, but if you have a shake at that time anyway, why not throw it in? The idea (in theory) is that exercise will stimulate GLUT4 which will enhance nutrient uptake, similar to how your muscles can take up carbohydrate slightly better post workout.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’ve been taking a min of 10 grams daily for so many years I can’t remember what it’s like to be creatine-less.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just picked up a container with 102 servings (assuming you take 5g at a time) and it was 10 bucks. That’s so cheap. I’ll probably just take it first thing in the morning.

Does anyone know a quality budget brand for whey or casein powder? I was at the vitamin shoppe and none of the stuff they had was worth the price in my opinion. I easily get at least 1g of protein per pound of body weight everyday with my diet alone but I’d still like to have some powder on hand. I used to get Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard, which I like but I’m looking for something even cheaper. I tried this cheap brand called Elevation once and it was terrible. It destroyed my gut. Any suggestions?

cody199477

Awards
  • Established
you can absorb a lot more creatine while on anabolics. I use too but since I wasn’t drinking a gallon a day and use orals figured it probably isn’t worth the extra stress on my liver

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just picked up a container with 102 servings (assuming you take 5g at a time) and it was 10 bucks. That’s so cheap. I’ll probably just take it first thing in the morning.

Does anyone know a quality budget brand for whey or casein powder? I was at the vitamin shoppe and none of the stuff they had was worth the price in my opinion. I easily get at least 1g of protein per pound of body weight everyday with my diet alone but I’d still like to have some powder on hand. I used to get Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard, which I like but I’m looking for something even cheaper. I tried this cheap brand called Elevation once and it was terrible. It destroyed my gut. Any suggestions?
MyProtein has great sales pretty often.

Supremeone

Supremeone

Awards

I have been using Colossal labs whey protein it's on ebay $60 for 12 pounds. I just started using it tastes real good. Not sure if that's a great price it seemed like it.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’ve been taking a min of 10 grams daily for so many years I can’t remember what it’s like to be creatine-less.
Lol, yep was just thinking I don’t recall the last time I didn’t take it.....

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Haha! I think in my early 20’s when I drank heavily and was a total pile, is the last time I was creatine sober.

50Magnum

50Magnum

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damn, that’s crazy. You sure it wasn’t dbol? haha

Do you guys take it pre or post workout?
Lol nah; literally strongest creatine product I ever ran. But even cell tech, Cell mass, 7 grams of mono; my numbers go pretty high especially with the bench press.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I pretty much take it year round as long as I have some. Personally don’t notice anything from monohydrate, but I was fortunate enough to get two free bottles of Cre02, which I actually noticed a difference on.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Creatine is super cheap. Take 20g ED for a week, then drop to 10g ED.

You absolutely don't NEED a fancy expensive creatine. The cheap muscle tech stuff or something even cheaper is absolutely perfect
I'll go ahead and state anyone who tries to sell you a fancy creatine for any reason other than pure novelty is a sham salesman.