BG lowering supps while on rHGH

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Only 2 iu's of rHGH day BUT on ketogenic diet (healthy fats) and man is this a bad combo for post-prandial blood sugar from protein meals. Blood sugar from eating 45 grams of plain grassfed ground beef burgers (0 carbs) and coconut treat (coconut + cocoa + stevia .. 3 carbs) and a greens shake (2 carbs) ...and I fell asleep. Lol.

Checked my blood sugar 1.2 hours after I ate and it was 114. Wth. Mild hyperglycemia.

During keto, you get physiological insulin resistance (not pathological resistance) as a protective mechanism. Not a concern. Also, gluconeogenesis occurs via protein ingestion can occur (and obviously did).

Not really wanting to get off my rHGH so what is the best supplement I can take with meals to lower this glycemic response?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Me thinks Berberine is my choice. Rivals Metformin according to several impressive studies I just read.

With or without food? Does it matter?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks Distilled Bro-Keto for now. Lol.

Manu - Berberine said to rival Metformin pound for pound

ManuR

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Distilled Bro-Keto for now. Lol.

Manu - Berberine said to rival Metformin pound for pound
maybe for lowering Blood sugar lvls. But metformin has tons of other health benefits + is dirt cheap

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
...post-prandial blood sugar from protein meals.... from eating 45 grams of plain grassfed ground beef burgers (0 carbs). Also, gluconeogenesis... via protein ingestion can occur (and obviously did).
Yup, yup, and yup! Biggest surprise I got when doing 'True' Keto - had to drop protein to under 70g. Blood Glucose and BHB Ketone strips - if people aren't using them, they're fooling themselves.

I'd think Cinnamon and Berberine would be hard to beat from both an effectiveness, and cost standpoint.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah. Sucks not being able to eat all that much meat. Lol