Ingredients for my own PWO

HellAtlantic

HellAtlantic

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure this has been covered already, but just so I have newest updated info...

What would be the best ingredients to buy in bulk if I wanted to make my own PWO concoction? If you could list the ingredients and what they do I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Citrulline Malate: endurance and pumps. Preferably 8 grams

Agmatine: pumps, host of other benefits. 1-2 grams a day. 1 pre

Creatinol O Phosphate: excellent for strength endurance. 1.5-2 grams pre

Caffeine and Synephire: good for giving energy

SNS is an awesome source for your bulk ingredient.

HellAtlantic

HellAtlantic

Awards
  • Established
If all there was to do was type search we could essentially shut down the forum cuz everything there is to talk about has already been talked about haha.

HellAtlantic

HellAtlantic

Awards
  • Established
Thank you Ryan that's what I was looking for. Heard god stuff about agmatine and it seems to be in a lot of pre's

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If all there was to do was type search we could essentially shut down the forum cuz everything there is to talk about has already been talked about haha.
That is another reason why the same question of
what is the best pre-workout
what is your favorite pre-workout
How is my stack
is flooded on every single page.

Plus with such a open ended question it really does not help us giving you feedback. You don't state if you want more
- Pump
- Energy
- Endurance
- Recovery
- Performance

or what your greatest features are. All of those are covered in detail in each thread. Anyone can script a pre-workout on paper, it does not always correlate to what you want and are looking for. Not everyone wants a stim bomb, and not everyone wants a pre-workout with endurnace/performance matrix's included. With more information regarding your features, and aspects could help us give you more insight. Besides that it is very open ended and the links were good assets to feature other's experience on here.

JAMES1980

JAMES1980

Awards
That is another reason why the same question of
what is the best pre-workout
what is your favorite pre-workout
How is my stack
is flooded on every single page.

Plus with such a open ended question it really does not help us giving you feedback. You don't state if you want more
- Pump
- Energy
- Endurance
- Recovery
- Performance

or what your greatest features are. All of those are covered in detail in each thread. Anyone can script a pre-workout on paper, it does not always correlate to what you want and are looking for. Not everyone wants a stim bomb, and not everyone wants a pre-workout with endurnace/performance matrix's included.

HellAtlantic

HellAtlantic

Awards
  • Established
FYI Aside from the first link all those threads are from 2015 or even earlier. I mentioned I wanted current info. Science always coming out with new **** to put in our bodies.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
FYI Aside from the first link all those threads are from 2015 or even earlier. I mentioned I wanted current info. Science always coming out with new **** to put in our bodies.
You realize most of the pre's today still use the stuff from the past. Another reason why some companies and products have been on the market for years and are still massive sellers. The same pump ingredients (Citrulline, Hydromax, Glycerol, Nitrates) are still used time over time again with a minor twist of 1-2 ingredients.
Same things used for performance (LCLT, Beta-Alanine) and endurnace are still huge hits, the only real addition is Peak02 (which you can buy bulk)
Creatine has been a staple for what a decade now? That has not changed.

Still you have avoided the question asked... what are you really looking for in a pre? A 2 year difference in science is not going to make a major difference in the pre you select.

Plus if some random person on an online forum says "oh i love this pre-workout" chances are you won't buy it. Not everyone works that way, if we did we would all take the same product, doses, and we would all reap the same benefits.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
People are more likely to be accommodating and help, when the OP puts in some work and due diligence. Your question is the most basic question on here. Now, if you were to ask "Does taking any herbal supplement that lowers SHBG, also increase Free Estrogen, as well as cause higher/faster excretion of all Sex Hormones?" - then I guarantee you won't find an answer by searching and nobody would bust your balls for posting :D

hanslifts

Awards
Op, if you think "science" has advanced that much since 2015, then you should probably stick to coffee for your preworkout.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The Solution pretty much has you covered if you follow his links in the second post. a lot of people i know like doing this but for me it becomes a pain buying all individual ingredients and then mixing them together.

HellAtlantic

HellAtlantic

Awards
  • Established
Gotcha...

Just looking for energy and pumps and something that allows me to go from 0-60 in the safest way possible. I love pumps and would like something that kinda lasts cuz right now after workout pumps (without PWO at the moment) last for about 30 min, would like to extend the pump phase longer if possible. And again I would love increase energy/intensity. Something that turns me from "off" to "on".

HellAtlantic

HellAtlantic

Awards
  • Established
The Solution pretty much has you covered if you follow his links in the second post. a lot of people i know like doing this but for me it becomes a pain buying all individual ingredients and then mixing them together.
I totally get that. Kinda weighing my options. At the very least it's helpful to know what ingredients do what so even if i go the premade route I have a better grasp as to what PWOs contain the stuff I'm after. I think I got the info I need now.

HellAtlantic

HellAtlantic

Awards
  • Established
Op, if you think "science" has advanced that much since 2015, then you should probably stick to coffee for your preworkout.
So not much "advance" in science. Science hasn't invented anything since 2015 that will make us fly. It's advance in knowledge. Maybe some ingredients have been discovered to cause cancer since '15. I don't know that's why I asked. Never be afraid to ask the silly question, that's a motto of mine. Might be other ppl wondering the same thing or sometimes the simplest questions spark the most interesting debates.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Gotcha...

Just looking for energy and pumps and something that allows me to go from 0-60 in the safest way possible. I love pumps and would like something that kinda lasts cuz right now after workout pumps (without PWO at the moment) last for about 30 min, would like to extend the pump phase longer if possible. And again I would love increase energy/intensity. Something that turns me from "off" to "on".
So pumps and energy:

Quake 10.0 Scivation
Cellucor C4 Ultimate
MTS Clash
Core Fury Extreme

A very good NON-Stim plus dirt cheap caffeine tabs:
High Volume(PES) + Caffeine Tabs

Check your PM's

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So not much "advance" in science. Science hasn't invented anything since 2015 that will make us fly. It's advance in knowledge. Maybe some ingredients have been discovered to cause cancer since '15. I don't know that's why I asked. Never be afraid to ask the silly question, that's a motto of mine. Might be other ppl wondering the same thing or sometimes the simplest questions spark the most interesting debates.
That goes along with the context of your question. The original post was super vague.

When I'm wondering something I still plug it into search and try and pull what I can then post a thread with a more narrow questions. However, I've been guilty in the past if posting dumb threads too. Everyone above has but they've been on the board for over 5yrs so they know better now and are helping.

On another note, Basically every pre workout ingredient you'd want. SNS makes in bulk outside of nitrates. I use a lot.

1 scoop focus XT
9gr citrulline Malate
1.5gr Agmatine
2gr betatine
1/2tsp sea salt

hanslifts

Awards
I hear you bro, and please don't my comment as snarky or dickish as that wasn't my attention. But seriously, things haven't changed much at all, so that's why I recommend coffee until you get your knowledge base back up to par, get time to read reviews, etc. There's this funny video of Mark Bell talking about how you really only need a little coffee to train, because if you can't get motivated to train without taking crack or meth, well, something's wrong with you! Now personally, I'm like you need, I need a little stim bump and I'm a whore for a good pump, so if I'm training earlier in the day, I'll just drink a Red Bull in addition to my preworkout stack of Citrulline Malate, Beta Alanine and Creatine. But I'm a basic bitch too, so. I've never been into getting a million supps, just the basics. Good luck bro, the links provided earlier are definitely legit.