What would the top 3 ingredients be to build and maintain lean muscle when cutting?

john10960

Awards
Hi guys.

just curious what are considered to be the top 3 ingredients to building and maintaining lean muscle besides obviously protein or something like creatine. I am referring to ingredients in natty anabolic supplements.

thanks for any insight in advance!!

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Turkesterone, (maral root, beta edycsterone), Urolithin B by SNS , Anabolic effect (korean mistletoe) in not particular order

big_jewels

big_jewels

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What works best for me -

Single Ingredients -
Turkesterone (Ecydesterone), PeptiStrong, Epicatechin

Serious Nutrition Supplements - Pepti-Plex
Competitive Edge Labs - Epi-Plex
Competitive Edge Labs - Ecdy-Plex
Muscle Addiction - Turkesterone 750
Muscle Addiction - Beta-Ecydesterone - 500

For multiple ingredient products -
Competitive Edge Labs - Anabolic Effect
Serious Nutrition Supplements - Anabolic XT
Serious Nutrition Supplements - Recomp20
Muscle Addiction - Muscle Plex

Cheers !

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Purely anecdotal but I lost minimal strength on CEL Api-Plex, 2 caps a day, during my last hard 2 month cut. I rarely take natural anabolic supplements, but I'm sure you can't go wrong with any supps on @big_jewels list. I really want to try Recomp20 at some point.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Turk did nothing for me, multiple brands and high dose.

Laxogenin high dosage 200mg worked really well for me
Epicat- 800mg+
ArA- 1000mg+

I think ArA is the most beneficial single ingredient I have used, got a lot of doms though... but i suppose that is the point

john10960

Awards
Thanks for all the replies guys.
Im relatively new to lifting. 2.2 years into it. The last two years I’ve made solid gains but just have not really watched what I eat besides getting enough protein.

honestly I’m just trying to lose my gut and if get more cut that’s a bonus. Basically eating in a deficit and I’m losing pounds for sure.

is it inevitable to lose strength during a cut or can one actually increase strength. Im wondering if my minor strength loss was from being sick 4-5 days and out of the gym or if it’s from me cutting.

zSplit

zSplit

Awards
Arachidonic Acid (ArA), maybe Super Laxogenin and Turkesterone (if you get the good stuff from Uzbekistan and not China).

For natty anabolics, nothing comes close to ArA though.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hi guys.

just curious what are considered to be the top 3 ingredients to building and maintaining lean muscle besides obviously protein or something like creatine. I am referring to ingredients in natty anabolic supplements.

thanks for any insight in advance!!
Im relatively new to lifting. 2.2 years into it. The last two years I’ve made solid gains but just have not really watched what I eat besides getting enough protein.

honestly I’m just trying to lose my gut and if get more cut that’s a bonus. Basically eating in a deficit and I’m losing pounds for sure.

is it inevitable to lose strength during a cut or can one actually increase strength. Im wondering if my minor strength loss was from being sick 4-5 days and out of the gym or if it’s from me cutting.
I'm going to answer your question in detail, but want to start off by saying that the way you phrased it 'top 3 ingredients' would depend on if you literally mean single ingredients or if you mean products (as in formulas).

If you mean individual ingredients, the honest answer is that is going to vary a little by the person because different people may respond better to different things.

@big_jewels gave a great answer above.

It is hard to not lose strength during a cut, but not inevitable - I actually gained quite a bit of strength back last year while doing a recomp regimen.

One product that seems like it would be perfect for you in terms of your goals right now would be Recomp20. It works amazing for helping to build muscle and lose fat at the same time.

Here is a link to the product:

Here is a link to the discussion thread:

If I were ranking supplements to use for building muscle and/or holding onto muscle and strength when dieting, the list would be the stack I'm getting ready to use myself. Most people aren't going to stack this many things, but you could pick and choose whichever ones you wanted:
I hope this info helps.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Lots of variables, but you can keep strength pretty well on a cut depending on your training style and program. Slower approach and not being in a cut for too long help.

As for your question my three favorite ingredients for this right now would be:
Pepti-strong
Korean Mistletoe Extract
Lodhra (SR10x)/any strong cAMP action is something I’m a big fan of for cutting

This leads to products such as:
SNS Pepti-Plex (PeptiStrong plus some other beneficial ingredients for recovery and performance)
CEL Anabolic Effect (Full 2g Korean Mistletoe Extract from the studies and other ingredients that ramp up performance and muscle gain/retention)
SNS Anabolic XT/Recomp 20 (R-20 has a larger SR10X dose, but Anabolic XT has a ton of extras as well)

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I knowwww you mentioned supplements. But nutrition is number one…Make sure that’s as on point as possible before adding these ‘natty supps’…..If you’re all dialed in, maybe this note will help a future bro

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The anabolics section is for people to discuss anabolics - the supplement section is for people to discuss supplements.

People from the supplement section and natural bodybuilding section aren't supposed to go into the Anabolic section and put down, insult, or disparage people who take anabolics as their personal choice.

Likewise, people from the anabolics section aren't supposed to go into the natural bodybuilding or supplements section of the website and insult, discourage, or disparage members from discussing supplements or being natural.

^^^ that's not my opinion - that's one of the rules of this website and one the Admin has asked people to start reporting when it happens. He is nice enough to provide us with a place to discuss our interests, let's all be nice enough back to respect his rules.

This site has lost the great majority of its members because people have just gotten tired of the drama and negativity of posting here. Many still read but don't post anymore and some don't even bother to read because of it.

I have no interest in aas, but I don't go into the anabolics section to put them down or post negative and disparaging things towards people that use them - that would be silly; I come here to help people, not to disparage or discourage them.

There are plenty of members here that are natural and that get great benefits from supplements. Many of them keep detailed journals and run logs here and contribute their time to help others and have incredible physiques.

Actually, some of the most incredibly detailed logs/journals here have been by people that are natural and go way above and beyond to help share their training, nutrition, and supplement experiences to help others.

timmy8888

Awards
  • Established
Petpi-plex, anabolic effect and either recomp 20 or my personal favorite x gels. Hands down the best natural anabolic in terms of strength keeping size and all day fullness. If you follow through on your end of the cutting phase, x gels is a amazing product to add to your cut.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
from a natty perspective as already mentioned, I had great success with anabolic xt and anabolic effect. But after a lot of experience on these, I highly recommend at least a 2 month supply out of the gate cause the rewards for consistent use truly do start at 3-4 weeks as Steve often reminds us. I also really really liked Phosphatidic XT.

I personally have been off creatine for about a year and have not felt like I'm missing anything without it, but plan to get back on it soon as a test for my own personal decision making.

timmy8888

Awards
  • Established
Can't please everyone 🙄 I'm talking from personal experience lost over 72 lbs kept and even built some strength alomg the way helped me push through..... worth it in my book. Is xgels or any supplement a miracle supplement? No but busted my ass stuck to a plan to get where I am and feel like the supplement helped me along the way.

Valdosta

Valdosta

Awards
Sorry, everyone (including me) seemed to gloss over this question. Strength loss is avoidable. A well executed cut has lifts progressing throughout the entire cut. If youre losing strength and muscle during the cut, youre undoing progress that will take significant time to rebuild.

Make sure you track your lifts for every exercise and workout to ensure this isn't happening. The speed of the cut plays the largest role here. If you lose the weight too fast, you're gunna inevitably lose muscle. To avoid this, avoid having too large of a weekly deficit. On gear, I can push around a 7000 calorie weekly deficit (losing about 2lbs of fat a week) before this becomes a problem. As a natural, I wouldn't push this much further than a 3500 calories per week deficit. You'll lose about a pound of (hopefully) fat that way.

As I mentioned earlier, save your carbs for when you need them most. You need them to power your workouts. And post workout for recovery. So achieve the 3500 calorie weekly deficit by cutting out carbs at a meal far away from the workout, like breakfast if you do evening workouts. 3500 cals a week is only 500 a day, really not hard to follow through with. This number can also be hit by doing 0 change to diet but doing 30mins of moderate intensity cardio per day. Just ride a stationary bike while watching a cartoon on your phone or something.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Can't please everyone 🙄 I'm talking from personal experience lost over 72 lbs kept and even built some strength alomg the way helped me push through..... worth it in my book. Is xgels or any supplement a miracle supplement? No but busted my ass stuck to a plan to get where I am and feel like the supplement helped me along the way.
You've had great and very inspirational results.

And agreed - the better the diet and training, the better that someone is setting the foundation to allow the supplements to work.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the replies guys.
I’ve ordered some recomp. Let’s see how it goes.

can I stack re comp and AE?
Yes, you can stack Recomp20 with Anabolic Effect. They make for a great stack.

I think you'll be very happy with that stack, and I think that you'll really like Recomp20 in general bc it fits really well with your goals.

john10960

Awards
Sorry, everyone (including me) seemed to gloss over this question. Strength loss is avoidable. A well executed cut has lifts progressing throughout the entire cut. If youre losing strength and muscle during the cut, youre undoing progress that will take significant time to rebuild.

Make sure you track your lifts for every exercise and workout to ensure this isn't happening. The speed of the cut plays the largest role here. If you lose the weight too fast, you're gunna inevitably lose muscle. To avoid this, avoid having too large of a weekly deficit. On gear, I can push around a 7000 calorie weekly deficit (losing about 2lbs of fat a week) before this becomes a problem. As a natural, I wouldn't push this much further than a 3500 calories per week deficit. You'll lose about a pound of (hopefully) fat that way.

As I mentioned earlier, save your carbs for when you need them most. You need them to power your workouts. And post workout for recovery. So achieve the 3500 calorie weekly deficit by cutting out carbs at a meal far away from the workout, like breakfast if you do evening workouts. 3500 cals a week is only 500 a day, really not hard to follow through with. This number can also be hit by doing 0 change to diet but doing 30mins of moderate intensity cardio per day. Just ride a stationary bike while watching a cartoon on your phone or something.

thanks for your in depth reply.

yeah right now my work/sleep schedule is a bit nuts. Only thing that I’ve been able to keep track of is the calorie deficit and ensuring enough protein intake.
I like your thoughts on daily cardio as I used to be a runner before I started lifting. The cardio high is nice to boot.

thanks again.

** quick edit: the only lift I’ve lost some ground on is basic flat bench press. I seem to be getting it back though. It might’ve been because of my rapid weight loss during when I was sick and out of gym.Bench has always been a slow trudge for me. Takes a good long while to pass thresholds

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
thanks for your in depth reply.

yeah right now my work/sleep schedule is a bit nuts. Only thing that I’ve been able to keep track of is the calorie deficit and ensuring enough protein intake.
I like your thoughts on daily cardio as I used to be a runner before I started lifting. The cardio high is nice to boot.

thanks again.

** quick edit: the only lift I’ve lost some ground on is basic flat bench press. I seem to be getting it back though. It might’ve been because of my rapid weight loss during when I was sick and out of gym.Bench has always been a slow trudge for me. Takes a good long while to pass thresholds
Losing strength on pushing movements is almost guaranteed in a cut if you are strong to begin with. If someone hasnt established a large base of strength, then I can absolutely see them maintaining their strength through a cut.

But I can tell you a 100% that when I'm 215. Benching 370 was a piece of cake. 315 for sets of 8-10 no problem.

@198lbs in comp 370 was a challange

If i cut below 190 then benching those numbers becomes a pipe dream. There's a lot more to it than strength, There's also leverages and no one can deny the fact that weight moves weight. If it didn't matter you wouldn't see heavyweight power lifters gaining extra weight for no reason other then to be heavier

Last edited:

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Oh ok. So I'm new to this forum. Seems the forum is set up to sell supplements, so diet and training advice isn't welcome, so the supp companies had my post removed. Sorry if I helped you i guess
Stop pretending we have been around the block a few times you came here to show you are better because you know nutrition ! Lol

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Oh ok. So I'm new to this forum. Seems the forum is set up to sell supplements, so diet and training advice isn't welcome, so the supp companies had my post removed. Sorry if I helped you i guess
No your reply was just useless and incorrect. When in the supplement section unless someone is specifically asking for diet and training advice it’s best to just answer what their actual question is. Even if what they really need is diet and training advice it’s best to get to that when someone opens themselves up for it or else you just come off as being annoying.

If you actually stick around maybe you’ll find that plenty of people around here have tons of good advice in regards to that stuff, but that there are plenty of natural supplements that can help give reasonable results that are manageable in the right approach.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
No, the Admin didn't remove your helpful post where you provided advice about diet and training. He removed your post where you came into the supplement section of his website and made a derogatory post about supplements.

The owner of Anabolic Minds does not sell supplements nor is he involved with any supplement company.

And just so you know, the Admin is the owner of this website - not a random moderator.

You said that a supplement company had your post removed - I can't speak on if any other company owner did, but I didn't report it. I can tell you for 100% certain that if I was going to report it, I wouldn't have bothered to type out a detailed post explaining the rules about it.

If I was going to report it, I would have just reported it - however, that is what the Admin wants people to do, so if a forum member did report it, they were only doing what the Admin has requested of everyone on this site.

Anabolic Minds has always had sections:
  • The anabolics section is for people to discuss anabolics.
  • The supplement section is for people to discuss supplements.
  • The natural bodybuilding sections is for people to discuss natural bodybuilding and supplements.
People from the supplement section and natural bodybuilding section aren't supposed to go into the Anabolics section and put down, insult, or disparage people who take anabolics as their personal choice.

Likewise, people from the anabolics section aren't supposed to go into the natural bodybuilding or supplements section of the website and insult, discourage, or disparage members from discussing supplements or being natural.

I don't have any interest in aas, but I never go into the anabolics section and say anything negative or disparaging to or about anyone that does. The only time I ever post in that section is if someone tags me in a post, and then I'll answer any supplement related questions or health or medical related questions to the best of my ability to help people.

Some of the people on here that I interact with the most, and some of the people on here that I highly respect and consider friends outside of here are some of the most active and well-respected members in the Anabolics section - but when you see them post in the supplement section, they're posting to help people to the best of their ability; you don't see them come in just to make random posts bashing supplements. People like @Smont and @Hyde

I don't know you and don't have any problem with you - hence why rather than reporting your post I took the time out of my work day to type out a post about the forum rules to make sure that you knew them.

Valdosta

Valdosta

Awards
No, the Admin didn't remove your helpful post where you provided advice about diet and training. He removed your post where you came into the supplement section of his website and made a derogatory post about supplements.

The owner of Anabolic Minds does not sell supplements nor is he involved with any supplement company.

And just so you know, the Admin is the owner of this website - not a random moderator.

You said that a supplement company had your post removed - I can't speak on if any other company owner did, but I didn't report it. I can tell you for 100% certain that if I was going to report it, I wouldn't have bothered to type out a detailed post explaining the rules about it.

If I was going to report it, I would have just reported it - however, that is what the Admin wants people to do, so if a forum member did report it, they were only doing what the Admin has requested of everyone on this site.

Anabolic Minds has always had sections:
  • The anabolics section is for people to discuss anabolics.
  • The supplement section is for people to discuss supplements.
  • The natural bodybuilding sections is for people to discuss natural bodybuilding and supplements.
People from the supplement section and natural bodybuilding section aren't supposed to go into the Anabolics section and put down, insult, or disparage people who take anabolics as their personal choice.

I don't have any interest in aas, but I never go into the anabolics section and say anything negative or disparaging to or about anyone that does. The only time I ever post in that section is if someone tags me in a post, and then I'll answer any supplement related questions or health or medical related questions to the best of my ability to help people.

Some of the people on here that I interact with the most, and some of the people on here that I highly respect and consider friends outside of here are some of the most active and well-respected members in the Anabolics section - but when you see them post in the supplement section, they're posting to help people to the best of their ability; you don't see them come in just to make random posts bashing supplements. People like @Smont and @Hyde

I don't know you and don't have any problem with you - hence why rather than reporting your post I took the time out of my work day to type out a post about the forum rules to make sure that you knew them.
Smont came in my log and showed how this place operates so I get it now

Danksta710

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'll add, I've been natural in the past, on trt now. The natty supps work. They work best like aas when someone's diet and training are dialed in. I recently started using nattys again after being on trt awhile. They work amazing when you are on. Recomp20 is what impressed me and now I'm months into peptiplex.

You'd be surprised if you gave them a chance. If your profile pic is legit you are dialed in. A natty on top of your current routine would surprise you.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I was just sincerely trying to help you in this thread by explaining the rules.

I just didn't want you to think I reported you for anything because if I was going to report you, I wouldn't have taken all the time it took to write out the post explaining the rules.

I just looked in your log to see what you were saying that Smont wrote, and if you have some type of preconceived notion about me or something, the irony of that is that I literally know and interact well with every single person that has posted in and is following your log so far, and know most on a personal level and they can vouch for the fact that I go way above and beyond in trying to help people in any way that I can. @Ricky10 @cruze1911r1 @Dustin07 and @Smont

Valdosta

Valdosta

Awards
I was just sincerely trying to help you in this thread by explaining the rules.

I just didn't want you to think I reported you for anything because if I was going to report you, I wouldn't have taken all the time it took to write out the post explaining the rules.

I just looked in your log to see what you were saying that Smont wrote, and if you have some type of preconceived notion about me or something, the irony of that is that I literally know and interact well with every single person that has posted in and is following your log so far, and know most on a personal level and they can vouch for the fact that I go way above and beyond in trying to help people in any way that I can. @Ricky10 @cruze1911r1 @Dustin07 and @Smont
Nope. I'm trying to undo my flaming entrance. Not a great idea to come in like a 60s hippie trying to "tear down the system" with 0 clue of what the system is or how it operates 🤣. I'm saying I won't go interfere with these supplement threads anymore and completely undermine them similar to how no supplement guys are coming in to my thread saying "uve gotta take jdue833-22 xtreme gainz!"
Each time I post here I feel like I'm derailing this thread even more so I'm out after this one 🫡

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nope. I'm trying to undo my flaming entrance. Not a great idea to come in like a 60s hippie trying to "tear down the system" with 0 clue of what the system is or how it operates 🤣. I'm saying I won't go interfere with these supplement threads anymore and completely undermine them similar to how no supplement guys are coming in to my thread saying "uve gotta take jdue833-22 xtreme gainz!"
Each time I post here I feel like I'm derailing this thread even more so I'm out after this one 🫡
No worries, your reply to Smont did kind of throw me off about how supp guys should stay away from your log - but that's because the only time I ever mention supplements in anyone's logs is if they tag me and ask questions about them.

The people's logs that I follow are people that I've interacted with a lot, people that I know, or people that have asked me to follow along - and I always am glad to in order to help, support, and encourage them.

But usually if I post in a log, its either carrying on sense of humor wise, just generally being encouraging, or helping with something out of the norm like injury recovery, autoimmune conditions, or something I know a lot about.

My last post about this in here too - I wish you the best with your own progress and if you ever want me to follow along with yours or if you need help in any way, you're always welcome to tag me or pm me.