Caffeine Citrate

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone know the time-release of Caffeine Citrate. I know it yields 50% caffeine by mass, but any clue to how sustained of a release it is? Similar to Infinergy (dicaffeine malate) at all?

Links?

Synapsin
1Fast400 muscleupcrohn

MonteRXS

MonteRXS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Anyone know the time-release of Caffeine Citrate. I know it yields 50% caffeine by mass, but any clue to how sustained of a release it is? Similar to Infinergy (dicaffeine malate) at all?

Links?

Synapsin
1Fast400 muscleupcrohn
I've seen anhydrous reported to have plasma max Concentration in 1 to 2 hours. Someone else can confirm or correct. I don't have any credible links for this.

The Cafcit drugsheet for preterm neonates is saying the mean time to peak concentration is 30mins to 2 hours.

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2000/20793s1lbl.pdf

I'm interested and in for more data.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've seen anhydrous reported to have plasma max Concentration in 1 to 2 hours. Someone else can confirm or correct. I don't have any credible links for this.

The Cafcit drugsheet for preterm neonates is saying the mean time to peak concentration is 30mins to 2 hours.

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2000/20793s1lbl.pdf

I'm interested and in for more data.
I saw that one too, but I don't think the times for pre-term neonates will be the same as adults:
Caffeine is metabolized in the liver by cytochrome P450 1A2 (CYP1A2), as well as CYP2E1 and CYP3A3/4. Approximately 3 to 10% of a caffeine dose is converted to theophylline. In clinical trials, the mean elimination half-life of caffeine has been correlated to postconceptional age, postnatal age, and weight, reflecting the development of CYP1A2 activity in the growing infant. In preterm neonates, the half-life of caffeine is approximately 72 to 96 hours (range 40 to 231 hours). By 9 months of age, the half life has declined to approximately 5 hours, similar to that observed in adults. Likewise, the rate of caffeine clearance increases with age, from an average of 5 to 9 mL/hr/kg in neonates to 94 mL/hr/kg in adults.[8-12]
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/578751_2
I'll try to find more info later.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Links?

Synapsin
1Fast400 muscleupcrohn
Should not be a significant difference. Sustained release caffeine is mostly marketing.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Should not be a significant difference. Sustained release caffeine is mostly marketing.
It does seem like the majority of research and spec-sheets on caffeine citrate simply list the half-life of caffeine, with no real mention of a half-life specific to caffeine citrate, which you'd think they'd list if it was significantly different, right?

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It does seem like the majority of research and spec-sheets on caffeine citrate simply list the half-life of caffeine, with no real mention of a half-life specific to caffeine citrate, which you'd think they'd list if it was significantly different, right?
Indeed. I can't see how it would be different once inside the body