ArA questions

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
Right so I've been looking into my first ara run as a bridge after my next cycle, this is what I have so far...
1.5g ara PWO, workout days only
15g soy lecithin
2g LCLT
I'm gonna be following a TKD diet, Now my question are for the soy to act as an emulsifier, do I have to dose with the ara or can I do that mid day to keep away from my carb intake?
Also can I take the ara 1hr PWO and my carbs half hour PWO to keep them separated?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don't think you need to dose the soy with the ARA. I would do it mid day. And the carb & ARA dosage looks fine to me. I does ARA 45-60 minutes pre workout.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Right so I've been looking into my first ara run as a bridge after my next cycle, this is what I have so far...
1.5g ara PWO, workout days only
15g soy lecithin
2g LCLT
I'm gonna be following a TKD diet, Now my question are for the soy to act as an emulsifier, do I have to dose with the ara or can I do that mid day to keep away from my carb intake?
Also can I take the ara 1hr PWO and my carbs half hour PWO to keep them separated?
Look like you have done your HW and read this thread but just in case you haven't this is a good read: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html

You have to dose the soy lecithin with the ArA for it to work with the ArA.

If you want to eat and take ArA before your workout, Eat an hour before your workout, then take your ArA after your first set at the gym (or when you get to the gym, whatever is easier).

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Look like you have done your HW and read this thread but just in case you haven't this is a good read: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html

You have to dose the soy lecithin with the ArA for it to work with the ArA.

If you want to eat and take ArA before your workout, Eat an hour before your workout, then take your ArA after your first set at the gym (or when you get to the gym, whatever is easier).
This has you covered!

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the link! Hmmm might have to just drop the lecithin and swap for bulk glycerol! Being on TKD supposed to keep you carbs away from fats so there isn't any slow down and wait a couple hours post workout before my next meal to hopefully get rid of the insulin and back into ketosis, so the lecithin dosed so close to the carbs might not work for me :/

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
Sorry I just read the link, so if I took my PWO carbs 45mins before and then warmed up for 5 mins on the treadmill and a couple of starter sets THEN dose the ARA?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The only specific with ArA is that it's taken pre workout like you would a stimulant (that time frame). Nutrient intake isn't an issue with dosing. Add in the glycerol, i think i used something from Controlled Labs last time.

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
The only specific with ArA is that it's taken pre workout like you would a stimulant (that time frame). Nutrient intake isn't an issue with dosing. Add in the glycerol, i think i used something from Controlled Labs last time.
I've frequently read not to take it with carbs because of the insulin spike making it store as fat.... is this not true?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've frequently read not to take it with carbs because of the insulin spike making it store as fat.... is this not true?
Store what as fat? Just because you spike insulin doesn't mean the body takes all available energy and store it as adipose tissue. That's ridiculous and not factual in the slightest.

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
I didn't say that, even the guys link up there says don't take them together, I'm just asking to make sure, I've never taken anything like this haha normally 1 pill in the morning 1 in the evening type of touch haha

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I didn't say that, even the guys link up there says don't take them together, I'm just asking to make sure, I've never taken anything like this haha normally 1 pill in the morning 1 in the evening type of touch haha
Wait are you talking about ArA or macro nutrients? I'm confused now, you haven't been specific. We might be talking about two different things.

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
I'm talking about dosing the ArA separately to PWO carbs

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It may be helpful to distinguish between what is optimal, and what is practical.

Yes, dosing ArA in a fed state may increase the incidence of storage in adipose tissue, but dosing pre workout is the heavy hitter here and will tend to favour skeletal muscle delivery.

There are numerous things you can do to "maximise skeletal muscle delivery" of ArA, but most are likely to have negligible end point benefits you can notice. Again, dosing pre wo is the biggie.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the link! Hmmm might have to just drop the lecithin and swap for bulk glycerol! Being on TKD supposed to keep you carbs away from fats so there isn't any slow down and wait a couple hours post workout before my next meal to hopefully get rid of the insulin and back into ketosis, so the lecithin dosed so close to the carbs might not work for me :/
Personally I've done alot of research and have alot of experience with tkd and carbs around training. It's often best to choose slower digesting carbs preworkout with a small amount of healthy fats and a protein source. The fat will help slow down the digestion of the carbs and will help better fuel you and give a more sustained energy for the workout. John meadows has often made this point as well. I often do brown rice or eziekiel bread with some protein and a tablespoon of coconut oil (14g of fat). I wouldn't stress the fat from the letchithin if you want to use. Now when you do your postworkout meal, choose a faster carb with a protein source and stay as close to no fat as possible. (Example: white rice and chicken breast)

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
I've been reading a ton too, I'm thinking maybe some fine oats with my almond butter, my diet will look like this:

8am: 20g coconut oil in coffee
10am: 4 large eggs 10g home made coconut oil mayo 50g raspberry
12pm: medium avacardo, 160g chicken, 30g goats cheese, 50g celery 50g cucumber 50g lettuce
2pm: 100g almond butter
4:30pm: was gonna be carb shake
5pm workout
6pm 50/50 whey/casein shake

Don't want post carbs as I'm trying to nock back into ketosis quick. Now on workout day coz I just nock back some of the almond butter and add in say 50g oats and eat at 3 instead? Or cut the almost butter and swap it for the morning eggs? What would you reccomend?

That's not my full diet plan btw just up until training, I have another 2 meals in there

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've been reading a ton too, I'm thinking maybe some fine oats with my almond butter, my diet will look like this:

8am: 20g coconut oil in coffee
10am: 4 large eggs 10g home made coconut oil mayo 50g raspberry
12pm: medium avacardo, 160g chicken, 30g goats cheese, 50g celery 50g cucumber 50g lettuce
2pm: 100g almond butter
4:30pm: was gonna be carb shake
5pm workout
6pm 50/50 whey/casein shake

Don't want post carbs as I'm trying to nock back into ketosis quick. Now on workout day coz I just nock back some of the almond butter and add in say 50g oats and eat at 3 instead? Or cut the almost butter and swap it for the morning eggs? What would you reccomend?

That's not my full diet plan btw just up until training, I have another 2 meals in there
If your going to take a carb shake you would be better using intra or postworkout. This will aid in recovery and your body will take the nutrients much better.

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
If your going to take a carb shake you would be better using intra or postworkout. This will aid in recovery and your body will take the nutrients much better.
I was saying about replacing the shake if you read the rest of the post, was just asking your opinion on how to change my meal plan around

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
The_Old_Guy could you please have a little look at what I wrote for my diet and see what I could swap around please, I know you mentioned "real food" in my other carb post and after quite a bit more research (should have already done that) some oats or brown rice before would probably be more beneficial!

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I was saying about replacing the shake if you read the rest of the post, was just asking your opinion on how to change my meal plan around
Ok. Good luck bro. IMO you are over thinking things a bit but that doesn't mean your doing it wrong. If it was me I would take the letchithin and Ara preworkout and have the carbs intra workout or post.

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
Haha yeah I am, I'll just stick with my original plan and start sipping carbs as I'm going to the gym

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I was beat to the guide post! LOL I think your initial plan is great. Sometimes we tend to over think....haha

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
Yeah too much reading and I got myself in a spin the last couple of days! Anabolics are so much easier...... haha

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
The_Old_Guy could you please have a little look at what I wrote for my diet and see what I could swap around please, I know you mentioned "real food" in my other carb post and after quite a bit more research (should have already done that) some oats or brown rice before would probably be more beneficial!
I don't really know jack about TKD or CKD diets - just regular KD :D Oats, and Brown Rice would be fine. I also get Refried Beans (Fat Free) and those are good too.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would keep lecithin over glycerol.