almost 53 and looking for some muscle growth assistance

bubble boy

Awards
So as the title says I'm almost 53 and still hitting hard. 2 on 1 off consistently and still throwing around some good weight. Joints are OK.....knees and elbow have their days,. So as I am getting older the intensity can drop and its harder to keep and put on muscle. I'm taking LJ100 3-4 / day and Strength unleashed through one bottle and have another. I'm doing 2/day there. Beyond that its just amino's and protein. So I'm looking for something a little stronger? more effective? to help me put some muscle on. I'm 225 to 230 and around 10% BF so I am just looking to put some muscle on and maybe lean out a bit. Any suggestions for someone my age? I have been doing this for over 30 years so yes I know about eating and resting but I'm not well versed on the supps.

Thanks for reading!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
You're looking for natural options here correct?

225 @10% is impressive as hell at 53.
Seriously impressive.

I feel your diet and training are very on point here and you could be teaching us

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
Basic staple supplements like creatine, beta alaine, citrulline etc. if you aren't already using them. Natural supplements make marginal differences in regards to muscle growth whereas performance enhancing ingredients along with diet and training manipulation might be more effective.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would suggest M Test + Anabeta Elite + Ergonine/Powermax XT

bubble boy

Awards
Thanks for the compliment.......Consistency and heavy weights is what works well for me......age makes the heavy weight not as easy all the time though

bubble boy

Awards
Sorry, forgot to answer your question.....I'm not opposed to "non natural" but I have little knowledge on them, I realize natural will only do so much if anything.

bubble boy

Awards
Cooter flap....LMAO!!!!

I will check those out, thanks!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would suggest M Test + Anabeta Elite + Ergonine/Powermax XT
I would suggest this option as well. An ABE + Alphamax xt would be another great option.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would Check out Follidrone 2.0, PES Anabeta Elite and OL Origin. You way also want to throw a
good test booster in there like BLR Viron or CEL M-Test.

www.tgbsupplements.com

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Do you know what your current hormone levels are? If you are hypo/borderline, going to 7,8,900, while not the same as super-physiological, may help a *some*.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Theres quite a few natural options to try out before going down the hormonal route. Some of the best/most well liked around here:

SNS Xgels - arachidonic acid
PES Anabeta Elite
Myokem Magnitropin (tho this may have been DC'd)
CEL M-Test

Obviously the standards like creatine, multis, fish oil, etc are things I would always suggest as well if you arent already using them

APC80

APC80

Awards
Mate at your size natural anabolics aren't gonna do **** for ya. If you've tried strength unleashed and want something stronger then what these lads are telling you to buy is just gonna leave ya out of pocket, disappointed and feeling ripped off. They did nothing for me and you've got 50lbs on me.

I think for what you're actually asking there's SARMs, prohormones/designer steroids or real gear. Do some research and work out for yourself if ya wanna go that route or not.

jesus_sanchez

Awards
At out age, 200mg Deca per week just makes sense. 21 days in, you'll thank the heavens above.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
If you can I would probably be monitoring your hormone levels first.

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
I am 49 and cannot use ARA anymore.
Folidrone 2.0 is my go to when I am not on cycle.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
MassMax XT and Alphamax XT are both good options! With MassMax XT alone several testers added 7lbs in 4 weeks!

bubble boy

Awards
I imagine you are correct. I don't have those connections and I would need to read up since I've not gone that route before.

bubble boy

Awards
I used ARA quite a few times, but as I get older the overall DOM's (which includes joint discomfort) is not something more than I want to handle.
Yeah, more joint discomfort is NOT something I want. That just turns into lighter lifts and less progress for me.
I'll look into Follidrone 2.0

bubble boy

Awards
At out age, 200mg Deca per week just makes sense. 21 days in, you'll thank the heavens above.
I imagine you are correct. I don't have those connections and I would need to read up since I've not gone that route before

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So as the title says I'm almost 53 and still hitting hard. 2 on 1 off consistently and still throwing around some good weight. Joints are OK.....knees and elbow have their days,. So as I am getting older the intensity can drop and its harder to keep and put on muscle. I'm taking LJ100 3-4 / day and Strength unleashed through one bottle and have another. I'm doing 2/day there. Beyond that its just amino's and protein. So I'm looking for something a little stronger? more effective? to help me put some muscle on. I'm 225 to 230 and around 10% BF so I am just looking to put some muscle on and maybe lean out a bit. Any suggestions for someone my age? I have been doing this for over 30 years so yes I know about eating and resting but I'm not well versed on the supps.

Thanks for reading!
Dam Bro! 5' 10" 10% BF @ 225.
I need you to teach me.
I have been lifting for 35 years. All but the last 8 years was mainly powerlifting.
All Natty, Suggestions: Follidrone 2.0, this is all I have taken with any real success in the last year.
Joint Support: Flexatril has done wonders for my old joints.
a lot of knowledge on this board.
Best of luck and hope to follow your progress.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I imagine you are correct. I don't have those connections and I would need to read up since I've not gone that route before.
Go to your doctor and tell him you are grumpy, tired, can't gain strength, gain fat even though you eat properly and train, and have no interest in sex. Have him check your Testosterone level. If low, go on TRT. 53 - your only 7 years away from 60! :D

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you're not well versed with supplements, I would stick with the basics for now, especially given your great statistics.

PowerMax XT would cover most staple ingredients in an all in one, ergogenic aid.

You would get your 5 grams of creatine to help with performance and recovery. Also, creatine may help with carbohydrate absorption.

This likely occurs because creatine elicits certain biological actions in the cell, one of which may be its ability to enhance GLUT 4 activation. GLUT 4 receptors sit on the muscle cells, acting as a gate keeper to the carbs and amino acids in your blood. By improving their sensitivity, you can drive more muscle-building nutrients into the cell for growth and repair.
https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/tip-a-new-reason-to-take-creatine

A full dose of betaine is great for performance and can even improve your body composition.

Participants in a 2009 study took 1.25 grams of betaine per day for 14 days. Compared to participants who took a placebo, the members of the betaine group were able to do more reps, suggesting that betaine delays fatigue during high-intensity exercise.[3] An increase in lifting volume at higher intensities will lead to increases in muscle mass over time.
https://www.bodybuilding.com/content/top-4-supplements-for-getting-bigger-faster.html?mcid=SM_FB_Nutrition

Six-weeks of betaine supplementation improved body composition, arm size, bench press work capacity, attenuated the rise in urinary HCTL, and tended to improve power (p = .07) but not strength.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3844502/

Athletes who take 2.5 g betaine daily and do intensive training increase their body's anabolic response to the workout. Sports scientists from the University of Connecticut write about the phenomenon in the European Journal of Applied Physiology.
http://www.ergo-log.com/the-anabolic-effect-of-betaine.html

Bodybuilders who take a daily 2.5 g betaine [structural formula shown here] for six weeks will improve their body composition. Sports scientists from Coastal Carolina University draw this conclusion in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. But how betaine stimulates muscle build-up and fat breakdown at the same time remains a mystery.
http://www.ergo-log.com/betaine-gives-bodybuilders-more-muscle-and-less-fat.html

A full dose of L-Alanyl L-Glutamine will assist in recovery while HydroMax will help keep muscles full and provide a nice pump

Until the 22nd, Nutriverse has 20% off PowerMax XT with an additional 5% off with coupon AM5 This makes it well under a dollar per day

https://www.nutri-verse.com/powermax-xt-by-performax-labs/

bubble boy

Awards
Thank you AntM....I will be check this out shortly and hopefully placing an order!

bubble boy

Awards
Well, I bit the bullet and placed an order. I figured I'd take advantage of the sales
So I ended up going with M Test (2 bottles) I still have LJ 100 and I figured that was very close to Viron so I went this route
I also went for some Follidrone 2.0
And picked up some Alpha Max XT

We will see how it goes. I will have to lay out a plan for what to stack and when to make this easier.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, I bit the bullet and placed an order. I figured I'd take advantage of the sales
So I ended up going with M Test (2 bottles) I still have LJ 100 and I figured that was very close to Viron so I went this route
I also went for some Follidrone 2.0
And picked up some Alpha Max XT

We will see how it goes. I will have to lay out a plan for what to stack and when to make this easier.
Good pick up. You should like that combo.