What protein powder do you use?

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just curious to see who uses what. I used to use all the different brands and try all the flavors when I ran a supplement shop but ever since, Ive gotten boring and usually buy my isolate/hydrosolates in bulk from myprotein or truenutrition, just because of cost effectiveness. Wanting to maybe try something new or that's tasty if it's a decent bargain. Or if anyone knows of any good sales going on at the moment?

Cheers!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PES Select is pretty much all I use now. Every flavor is good.

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you lactose intolerant that you stick to isolates and hydrolysates? I usually use PEScience Select. That's a blend (MPI + WPC80 + leucine peptides) though, not an isolate or hydrolysate.

Lee_Westwood

Lee_Westwood

Awards
I have lactose issues when i use blends so personally i stick to Dymatize iso100 or mutant isosurge

Mutant is cheaper but i cant find a rival quality wise in the UK for iso100 so i tend to stick with that .. fudge brownie is THE ONE

Studdscruggs

Studdscruggs

Awards
Don't stress over the brand and look for the best deals possible. As long as it is whey isolate and/or concentrate, and no other crazy added fillers. That's all that matters.

S.Dedication

Awards
  • Established
Costco 100% whey by muscle milk. Seems fine to me, first ingredient is isolate and it's 39 for 6lbs

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I jump around between different brands.
CTD
Aaefx
Dymatize
Sizeslim

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Right now my go to is Isomorph by APS

I have used Precision Protein by Gaspari in the past

I try to lean more towards Isolates as I feel I digest those better than others

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I like it when USP Labs has deals on Modern Protein. Good stuff in my book!

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rotate between PES Select, BPI whey, and XF.

Marvolousj

Marvolousj

Awards
Is that stuff really good? I been thinking about trying it

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Is that stuff really good? I been thinking about trying it
If you are referring to Modern protein...yes! It mixes really well in a shaker and tastes great! I always get vanilla. PES Select is very good as well. Both are outrageously expensive when not on sale.

SJFIT

Awards
Had been using gaspari precision protein but currently using Isomorph 28 from APS Nutrition. I really love the Neapolitan flavor from gaspari and the smores from aps.

he-man

he-man

Awards
  • Established
Just switched to Vegan Select as I don't get on well with egg or milk products.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I rotate between a few brands.

MAN Sports --> Cookie and PB flavors
PES Select --> Vanilla is their best, WCM shockingly surprised me, also enjoy snickerdoodle
MTS Whey --> Pumpkin, PB Cookies & Cream, Red Velvet
USP Labs Modern Protein --> Cookie Stix is bomb
Scivation Whey --> Choc PB

other good choices:
Animal Whey
Cellucor Whey
XF 2.0 if you have the money for a luxury protein

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I rotate between these

Animal Whey
PES Select
Nutrabio Classic Whey
Gaspari Precision Protein and Myofusion Advanced
iForce Protean

And a few others

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My Protein
PES Select
USP Modern Protein
Animal Whey

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I really like rotating, but PEScience Select is always in the mix

I recently got into the new Purus line as well; USP Labs has only ever been good to me, MTS... I try and give everything a chance once it becomes available affordably for international customers like myself.

A blend whenever possible

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rotate through a few of them:

iForce Protean, MTS Machine Whey, APS Isomorph, and Cellucor Cor-Whey

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like to have iso/hydro for the digestibility. Not that I can get away with cheaper ones but I eat close to my workouts and don't like to feel queezy or full, plus the macros are better on ISO generally speaking. I've been wanting to try PES select for awhile, but it is spendy! Maybe I'll go with some cheap myprotein and then splurge on a tub of PES select.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like to have iso/hydro for the digestibility. Not that I can get away with cheaper ones but I eat close to my workouts and don't like to feel queezy or full, plus the macros are better on ISO generally speaking. I've been wanting to try PES select for awhile, but it is spendy! Maybe I'll go with some cheap myprotein and then splurge on a tub of PES select.
I buy a bunch of MyProtein whey concentrate, and pick up some Select when I'm not on a strict budget.

S.Dedication

Awards
  • Established
How's the chocolate flavor?
Fine, I think both take a little to get used too. Very artificial , but the savings are good. I much preferred the Optimal Nutrition, but your talking 60 dollars for 6lbs vs 40.

The chocolate to me tasted much better then the vanilla though. Anyhow its drinkable, not to bad and I feel the price warrants it.

IFEARSKINNYME

IFEARSKINNYME

Awards
Muscle Tech Whey Protein 5lb bag. Has great protein ratio and vanilla tastes awesome. I recommend it. I'm not saying it's the best protein but overall 4.5 stars IMO

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I can't really stand anything other than myprotein mocha, so I buy that when they have good deals. I haven't bought another brand since trying PES Snickerdoodle and struggling to finish the tub.

I like Total Protein s'mores flavor. And also a blueberry flavor I had a while back was good but I can't remember the brand.

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like Total Protein s'mores flavor. And also a blueberry flavor I had a while back was good but I can't remember the brand.
iForce Protean? Their blueberry muffin is really good.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It was Dymatize.. it wasnt too strong with blueberry but I still liked it enough. I've been obsessed with blueberry muffins lately so I may need to try the iForce Blueberry Muffin ?

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
I prefer to have a whey & casein mix or whey & a small meal an hour later.

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have my pre workout usually an hour before and post workout a hydro/ISO with a higher GI carb then an hour later I'll have dinner

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I might try out the modern or PES select and buy some myprotein ISO/hydro for my post workout needs

Marvolousj

Marvolousj

Awards
Fine, I think both take a little to get used too. Very artificial , but the savings are good. I much preferred the Optimal Nutrition, but your talking 60 dollars for 6lbs vs 40.

The chocolate to me tasted much better then the vanilla though. Anyhow its drinkable, not to bad and I feel the price warrants it.
Thanks..i work at costco n walk by the protien every day like should i get it or not

pbandy1

Awards
Metabolic Drive by Biotest, been taking it for years, love it.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I rotate between a few brands.

MAN Sports --> Cookie and PB flavors
PES Select --> Vanilla is their best, WCM shockingly surprised me, also enjoy snickerdoodle
MTS Whey --> Pumpkin, PB Cookies & Cream, Red Velvet
USP Labs Modern Protein --> Cookie Stix is bomb
Scivation Whey --> Choc PB

other good choices:
Animal Whey
Cellucor Whey
XF 2.0 if you have the money for a luxury protein
I'll agree with this. I typically stick with PES select just because I like the taste of most of their values and it's a quality protein. I'd say if you haven't tried the vanilla it's worth picking up a tub of it. Definitely one of the more respected powders on here.

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
Man, I'm lactose intolerant and I've tried pretty much all brands out there. PES Select unfortunately I can't digest well at all...

The ones I digest the easiest are:
- Ultimate Nutrition Iso Sensation (this is the best one imho)
- Myprotein Impact Isolate
- ON Hydrowhey
- ON Whey Gold
- Dymatize Iso100
- Muscletech Platinum Iso Whey
- Allmax Isoflex

I don't recommend BPI Iso HD as it doesn't mix as well as others.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Finaflex Frosted Churro and Strawberry Milkshake. When on a budget I'd get Scivation from Nutraplanet (Ch/PB). I've tried a few Select samples and they are good too

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
EpiStrong Supplements 30
LJ57 Supplements 23
LJ57 Supplements 1
akboom87 Supplements 34
Supplements 7